Chapter 9: Complaints

Sticky Notes Love!

Jiyeon rushed to the stairwell. This time, she was not lost but was there for that guitarist. The charmer was tuning his guitar with full concentration, his actions mesmerized Jiyeon and the latter had not realised that she had been staring at that charming man for a full fifteen minutes.

"I suggest you spend your time wisely instead of wasting it by staring at me," Myungsoo spoke without shifting his gaze away from the guitar.

"I just want to thank you and..." the girl muttered.

"And?" Myungsoo lifted his head up after he was done with the tuning.

Jiyeon took a deep breath, “Make friends with you."

He was slightly taken aback by the blunt reply, but had managed to maintain his composure. After all, he had trained himself to do so, though a slight hint of amusement was reflected in his eyes. Other than his band of brothers, no one had ever tried to befriend him especially girls though they were always admiring him from afar.

“Oh... I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Park Jiyeon from 1-3," she held her small hand out, grinning sheepishly at him.

He slung his guitar over his back and walked away, ignoring Jiyeon. The girl was dumbfounded, she had expected the guy to introduce himself or at the very least, take her hand.

“Hey, rejecting a girl isn’t really gentlemanly,” Jiyeon shouted as she watched his turned back.

Myungsoo stopped in his tracks, his head ly slightly, “I was never gentlemanly.”

Man, this is one tough guy. Jiyeon sighed.
 


**

Woohyun's eyes widened when he noticed Hyomin's once flawless skin was now covered in bruises and scratches. He knew the girl was far from clumsy to have inflicted so much wounds on herself within such a short time span.

He reached out and poked the biggest patch of bruise on her left arm, earning a shriek from the girl.

"What the heck, Woohyun?! It hurts okay?" Hyomin inched away from him.

"What's with those injuries?" Woohyun asked concernedly, his eyes probing into hers.

“Are we even close enough for me to tell you my happenings?” and before Woohyun could give his answer, she added, “No, so it's none of your concern."

"Ouch. Hyomin, you hurt me emotionally," he clutched his chest with his exaggerated acting.

"Stop being so dramatic," she glared at her childish seatmate.

“Mr Nam and Ms Park, would you like to take my place in teaching the class?” Ms Baek was apparently annoyed at the two.
 

Woohyun shook his head furiously, Hyomin only rolled her eyes as they both muttered “No” unwilling.

He remembered about the message Hyomin left at his house and figured out that she might have injured herself the day before while doing those grocery shopping. Aye, how could I be so careless? Well, I’ve gotten a scar on myself for her before, it should be okay if this incident leaves some scars right? Woohyun tried to comfort himself.

**

"So Hyomin, how's work?" Soyeon asked, she was interested in the stories the spoilt brat had to offer.

 

"Great. I was tricked to go to the supermarket twice, did the laundry, worked my off and earned myself a few injuries," Hyomin said sarcastically, showing her bruised arms to the girls.

They all gasped in synchronisation.
 

Boram cleared , "well… we expected far worse than this. Like causing the washing machine to break down or burn the entire kitchen."
 

"Or even using the dish washing liquid as oil," Eunjung added.
 

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, all of you," Hyomin, with a fork in her hands, pointed at each one of them as they giggled.
 

"It's not easy. You haven’t seen the mess. Soft drinks cans which contained dead ants were littered everywhere and there was a huge pile of clothes to be folded. His glass windows were the worst. It's layered with dust behind the yellowed curtains, I had to cover my nose with my shawl to prevent myself from sneezing excessively. I think I deserve a good score from father." Hyomin praised herself shamelessly.
 

"Hyomin, no job is ever easy. Your father wants you to understand the true value of money and the virtue of perseverance," Soyeon lectured in a motherly voice.
 

"I'm proud of Hyominnie though, she has no experience but was willing to take up the job," Jiyeon praised her cousin and hugged her.
 

"See? Actually, I suspect my employment was my father's doing. Anyway, my employer is just simply weird," Hyomin told them about the overusing of sticky notes and the lack of household items in the apartment.
 

"Well, from what you describe, he probably did not have the time to keep his apartment in good condition. On top of that, a person who lives alone would usually not cook for himself, “Qri explained.
 

"Hmm... Actually Ahreum and I thought that it was uncle’s doing as well. He wanted you to learn to be independent but at the same time, couldn’t bear to leave you to die. Also, it would be the most convenient way to monitor your improvements." Eunjung hypothesised.

“Right, I thought so too but why should he torture me in such a way.” Hyomin complained.

“Was there any photos in that house?” Qri asked.

Hyomin took some time to recall before shaking her head in response.

“Not in any part of the house?” Qri queried further.

Hyomin was confident she had not seen any photographs in the house.

“Actually I have another theory. From your descriptions, I think that it’s not uncle’s doings. It just doesn’t make sense, plus, isn’t this like kind of obvious? If he wanted to monitor you he should have done it in a more discreet way.” Qri explained her theory.

“Whatever whatever, I do not want to talk about this further.” Hyomin dismissed the idea and the thought of her employment in frustration.

"Hey! Why don’t you became a tutor instead? You are intelligent," Boram drummed on Hyomin’s bruised arm.
 

"No. I can't stand students crying. They are such a nuisance. Stop it!" Hyomin pulled her arm away from Boram.

 

Writer's note: 

@Staryl: Ahh... Thank you for your advice and efforts to correct me^^

@jerbie18: Woohyun love to tease Hyomin.>< Its his way of showing love :)

@Neeya626: Thank you! I'm thankful that you love it :D

@KisungYouBaby26: Thank you so much for your feedback :D Really glad that you enjoy that chapter :)

@blackpearl_125:Sure, I will! Thank you for commenting^^