Chapter 20: Confused

Sticky Notes Love!

Ahreum signalled to Sungjong to start the conversation as they eyed nervously at Myungsoo and Jiyeon. Both of them were giving cold shoulders to each other ever since that day at the cafeteria. Myungsoo had failed to recall what he had done to make Jiyeon so upset and had given up in trying to cheer her up. If not for their best friends, they would not be seating at the same table.

Sungjong scratched the back of his head nervously and tried to find a subject to converse on. However, Chorong beat him to it and took the initiative to speak up first, "Hey, Isn't it boring to just stay at home? We’ve still got two whole weeks left till the end of the holidays, why don't we go to the theme park? It'll be fun. Besides, it can help calm our nerves for the upcoming Assessment."

“Right… the assessment…” Ahreum let out a sigh.

Sungjong in a deep breath as well. Jiyeon’s creases on her forehead deepened as Myungsoo observed her silently.

Ahreum agreed tiredly, bobbing her head up and down, "Sure. Come to think of that, Jiyeon hasn't been to our theme park before!"

They turned their attention to Jiyeon, only to find her still worried about the upcoming term assessment.

Chorong patted on Jiyeon's back gently, checking on her, "Jiyeon, have you heard what we said?"

Jiyeon shook her head as she gave the rest an apologetic look.

Chorong repeated patiently for Jiyeon.

On the other hand, Myungsoo flipped through the photography book with annoyance. He glared at Chorong. Great actress.

After much persuasion, Jiyeon reluctantly agreed to go to the theme park.

“Myungsoo, how about you?” Sungjong nudged him. The others wanted to use the opportunity for the two to make up.

“No,” He answered curtly and put on his headphones.

“Aye…Please? I don’t want to be the only boy going,” Sungjong pouted, removing Myungsoo’s headphones.

“Well, you’re perfectly fine amongst the girls. In fact, you look just like one of them,” He answered nonchalantly.

“I will invite the other girls,” Ahreum smiled.

“Well, I guess the Hyungs should come too. The more the merrier,” Sungjong added. He thought that the boys are great mood makers and could help ease the tension between the two.

“Fine then. I will go if they are agreeable to it,” Myungsoo finally relented.

You mean Hyomin? Jiyeon thought, looking into Myungsoo’s eyes with sadness.

Myungsoo broke from their eye contact and looked away. What the… What’s with her… Why is she looking at me in that way? He bit his bottom lip, a habit he had when he’s nervous.

“Woah… I guess it would be fun with the seniors! Do you think they will make friends with me?” Chorong smiled brightly.

“Of course,” Jiyeon nodded.

“Well, I think Woohyun and Hyomin will busy themselves with their constant squabbling while we enjoy ourselves,” Myungsoo wanted to wipe off Chorong’s pretentious smile. Instead, the mere mentioning of Hyomin had upset Jiyeon more.

“Ah… How about the others?” Chorong succeeded in changing the topic. Ahreum and Sungjong told her about their cliques enthusiastically and elaborated on each of their friends’ characteristics.

**

Aish... Why didn't Soorin call me?  Woohyun had already waited outside the apartment for more than two hours, he kept pacing back and forth. Did something happen to them? He bit his nails, worried about the two. He called Hyomin to check on both of them.

"Hello?" Woohyun heaved a sigh of relief when the girl finally picked up the call.

"Oh Hyomin ah, when are we continuing our project?" Woohyun asked.

"Let's discuss this later," Hyomin replied him and abruptly put down the phone.

She checked her watch and was stunned. Oh my, it's 9.40 already?

Hyomin was too carried away with her work. Since she was getting use of doing chores, she could complete her usual tasks easily and even had some time to spare so she adopted her employer’s suggestions and brought along some things to do.

While Soorin was taking her nap, Hyomin would read some books or do revision. My employer should be back by this time. She thought and was curious since she had not seen her employer before.

"Soorin ah, wake up," She shook the girl gently.

"Oh..." The girl mumbled and rubbed her eyes.

"I should go. Where is your Oppa? Why isn't he here yet?" She pointed to Soorin's cell phone. Hyomin knew that once she had left, Soorin would phone her employer.

"Because he likes you," The sleepy girl mumbled, accidentally telling Hyomin the truth. She flipped her phone and stared at the screen.

"Oh no, Oppa must have waited so long!" Soorin exclaimed, after realising the time.

Soorin then gasped and covered , she had unintentionally gave Hyomin clues about her mysterious employer.

"What?!" Hyomin's eyes widened. She was taken aback by Soorin's blunt statement. Hyomin quickly packed her bag, wanting to avoid awkward situations of meeting her employer. She was troubled by the fact that her employer is her admirer too.

"Ah... Soorin, I shall go," She strode out of the apartment, taking glimpses while making her way to the lobby.

Soorin ah, what have you done? Oppa will kill you! Soorin bit her bottom lip but soon smiled. Aye… How silly of me! Unnie will never tell Oppa. Soorin reassured herself.

"I'm sorry Oppa! Hyomin and I really had a fun time playing that we got carried away!" Soorin heard the clicking of the door and ran to Woohyun.

As expected, Woohyun had a big grin on his face with thoughts of the motherly Hyomin.

"Really? You guys do get along well,” Soorin secretly chuckled when Woohyun was convinced.

"Come on, let Woohyun oppa buy you ice cream before meeting your uncle," Woohyun held her hands and led the way.

 

Writer's note:

@blackpearl_125: Thank you so much for the lovely comment ^^ I will work even harder next time :D

@doriesin: Well, I would like to toture myungsoo first *Insert evil grin*

@jerbie18: Fortunately for Myungsoo, Jiyeon did not avoid him :D

@lilli5874: Haha, Myungsoo has a bad memory :P It's sad that he doesn't remember what he had said :(

@parkjiyeon_Lkim: Yup^^ The situation had reverse :D He totally deserve it^^

@himdaekki: I find him rather cute when he is jealous :)