Bits and Pieces

Smiles & Love (One-shot)

Bits and Pieces

Pairing : JeTi

A/N: You can read this in Jessica’s or Tiffany’s POV. The story has no plot; it’s just me missing JeTi and wanting to write some stuff ;-;

Wrote this while listening to Halsey’s “Is There Somewhere”.

 1. Scent

Lights bounced against the waters, bodies clumsily packed and I sat there, swirling a cup of punch with both my hands. Droplets of condensation hit my feet but that didn’t manage to evaporate the heat in the air.

My eyes kept searching for someone familiar around me, in the crowd. Everyone was busy with something or someone; some snogging with their partners while some were grooving to the music.

And I wondered why I nodded my head without hesitating when SeoHyun invited me to this party.

“It’s our post examination party, you should totally come.”

“Okay then.”

It was like one of those remembered embarrassments circulating in your head, reminding you of how stupid you were when that event happened. You thought you’d forgotten that incident but your stubborn brain insists that it should be remembered.

Except this nod wasn’t a remembered embarrassment, it was just something I should have thought twice before agreeing to it.

“Swimming in deep thoughts?” a girl propped herself next to me without asking. Not that she should have my permission to sit next to me but she should have at least asked.

“I’ve got no friends here,” I answered while staring at my punch.

“You’ve just made one,” you bounced your cup of punch against mine, spilling some of its contents out. You had a hearty laugh. And I felt a grin on my face.

“Let’s go party, okay?” you took my hand and casually brought me next to the pool to dance. And I nodded again.

“Careful,” you said as you gently caught me by my waist when I almost slipped and fell into the waters.

The air seemed to have lighten against your scent. The soft cinnamon smell from your hair as you rested your head on my shoulder, hands still holding my waist. We swayed from left to right and from right to left. Everything felt easy.

“I’m sorry but I fell in love tonight.”

 

 

 

2. Colours

The blades of our electric fan were spinning quietly against the air, the summer’s heat still prickling my skin and I groaned as I lifted my arm to block rays of lights from disturbing my sleep.

A couple of gentle giggles made me involuntarily push open my eyelids. A pair of warm eyes and a pair of lips with corners turned upwards looked back at me.

“Good morning, sleepyhead,” you greeted me and continued looking at me.

“Morning,” I answered as I tried rubbing sleep away from my eyes.

“Don’t do that, you’re gonna hurt your eyes if you keep rubbing it every morning,” you held my arms.

The mornings with you always felt great. There wasn’t much physical affections; just greetings in the morning with a couple of smiles and giggles and occasionally covering each other under the duvet cover again.

There is something you probably wouldn’t know.

What you know is you having a pair of brown eyes but what you don’t know, is how special they look.

Your eyes are special, a mixture of dark wood with almond brown. Not that kind of brown that is too strong that couldn’t be differentiated against black, not that kind of brown too light that it hurts the eye. Just that special kind of brown, one that is of the right shade that keeps my beating heart calm.

You always love tilting your head while you look at me, knowing how much I love your eyes. And then you’ll glide your fingers down my arm before turning your palm inwards and lace our fingers.

“Flashing those eyes like highway signs.”

3. Moonlight

“Come to the party tonight?” you asked with a pair of uncertain eyes.

“Okay,” and here we go again. I nodded my head without thinking. Not knowing if I’ll be able to see SeoHyun without feeling guilt gripping my heart.

I walked into the room and you gave me an easy smile as a silent welcome.

You’re so easy to search for in this packed room, with heavy air filled with smoke and weighed down by beer, because I laid my eyes so many times on you.

 You never liked beer; they are too “un-classy” for you. Wine is never your favourite; they are too expensive.

Grabbing a glass of champagne, I walked into the outside air. in a breath of cool air, the molecules of stained air escaped my lungs with each breathe I inhaled and exhaled and I felt myself lighten up a little.

“Hello moonlight,” you whispered behind me.

There’s no trailing of warm breath against my ear shell, no ghost touches of finger tips near my waist. Just a simple and seductive greeting.

“Hello me. Hello me? Why am I talking to myself?” I said without turning back and to look at you. I could already feel a smile spreading across your face.

You chuckled softly and sighed. It’s always like this; both of us smiling and then realizing that we don’t have much else left in common except our love for one another.

“I love you,” you spoke softly, so quietly, I strained my ears to hear you speak, against the gentle currents of chlorine water.

“But?” I said, expecting something else from you. You stood in front of me, shook your head and just fixed your eyes that are filled with pure admiration and a slight hint of pride, on me.

“There’s no “but”. It’s just you and me and maybe “I love you”. No more “buts”.”

And everything you said always made sense, maybe this is the reason why I loved you.

You made this complicated world a little easier and much simpler.

Just like how you’d always kiss me with those champagne-stained lips after she forced wine on you. The first time you did that to me, I was afraid that there wouldn’t be a second time or was I silently praying for it to not happen?

And then you came back with a bright smile and clean lips saying “I forgot to tell you that there’s no need for the champagnes or alcohol so long as I have you, moonlight.”

“White sheets, bright lights, crooked teeth, and the night life.
You told me this is right where it begins.”

Fin