Tiramisu

Smiles & Love (One-shot)

// A mixture of genres; the first attempt to write angst yet it turns out to be a hybrid of angst and a little bit of fluff? I hope you’ll enjoy (:

 

Tiramisu

Sometimes love is unfair - the other party would take it all without giving in.

Tiffany stirred her drink with her straw, watching the little ice cubes bump into one another. She’d been sitting in the cafe for a good three days- she was looking for love.

Like a bookworm she is, she’s been picking up too many books that allow their characters to coincidentally bump into one another in a café or a book store. Just like those characters, Tiffany only wanted to fall in love.

Sighing, she dapped with a clean piece of tissue and stood up. Before she could head for the door, she saw this lady with her honey, blonde hair.

Too blonde for real.

The sunlight that reflected from the blond hair has caused Tiffany blink a little, just in case it damages her retina.

Squinting her eye, Tiffany took another look at the blonde lady. There she was, in her white blouse and sky blue jeans, the blonde looked so beautiful. So blindingly beautiful

-/-/-/-/-/-

Walking into an old place knowing that there’ll be someone there, would change how you feel, especially the one you’re having a crush on.

Tiffany her lips as she pushed open the door.

As expected, she’d seen the blonde again. Excited, she ordered a cup of latte before she proceeded to her favourite pink table which was a few tables away from the blonde.

She peeped playfully at the blonde who was reading a book. The blonde concentrated so hard on it that Tiffany found it amusing.

 Like how her eyebrows would lift up a little as if she couldn’t process what was happening in the book fast enough, like how the corner of her lips would tug up as if she’d read something cheesy or fluffy from the book.

‘I caught you staring,’ the blonde laughed as she stood in front of Tiffany out of nowhere. Did the former learn how to float or something?

‘Mind if I take a seat?’ Tiffany shook her head as she pulled the chair out for the latter.

‘Are you like interested in me that’s why you kept staring at me?’ Tiffany choked on her latte before the blonde handed her a few pieces of tissue. ‘No.’

‘Well, I suppose I know where this is going then.’

‘Going what? Going where?’

‘Did you learn how to play dumb or are you simply clueless about it?’ the blonde enquired as she chuckled.

Damn, is she trying to flirt with me?

‘We could,’ Tiffany stifled a cough. ‘We could go on a date if you want.’

Bringing her eyes onto Tiffany as she sipped her coffee, Jessica gave her a crooked smile. ‘That was my intention all along.’

-/-/-/-/-/

Except they didn’t have a date that day when Jessica approached Tiffany in the café.

All Jessica left was a chaste kiss on Tiffany’s forehead and she scribbled her number on a piece of half torn paper, ending the long chains of number with the name ‘Jessica’.

Tiffany groaned in her bed as she pulled out the crumpled piece of paper from her pocket. She straightened it out carefully as she reread those numbers and her name again.

Jessica. But Jessica what? Jessica Lee, Jessica Hwang, Jessica Kim?

The brunette grunted in frustration. Sure she wanted to fall in love and now she’s, maybe, in love. But how could she even agree to go on a date with someone whom she doesn’t even know her name?

Even if she wanted to fall in love, she shouldn’t be falling for random strangers on street, should she?

As the train of thoughts ran through her mind, telling how she shouldn’t allow herself to fall for a stranger, all Tiffany could be remember was the honey blonde hair that blinded her eyes the first time she saw Jessica, how beautiful her scribbled hand-writing was, how charming those chestnut eyes were when they first landed on her.

Maybe she should go back to the café tomorrow, maybe she could call Jessica tomorrow.

-/-/-/-/-

She blew the hot steam away from her latte as she pushed open the café door.

What a wasted trip.

Tiffany has been sitting in the café for a good three hours, trying her luck to see if she could ‘coincidentally’ bump into Jessica again.

Surely there were many blondes who’d entered the café, blondes with blue eyes and blondes with a faint shade of brunette hair. So many blondes but not the blonde with chestnut brown orbs.

After ordering four cups of latte, Tiffany gave up. She knew she shouldn’t be wasting her time on bumping into Jessica. She should move on from this little infatuation she was feeling.

Yet as soon as she was reminded about this little infatuation she’d grown when she’d met Jessica for the first time, her heart felt a sudden pang of sadness. It was indescribable – this sadness of wanting to have something she hasn’t even had before.

Looking at how those neon lighted streets were being occupied by couples walking hand-in-hand, Tiffany pulled her red coat closer to her body. Surely she wasn’t feeling lonely, but she was alone.

Maybe the way how her mind wants her to fall in love is getting the better out of her.

She took her time to walk back to her apartment, leaving the latte to be cooled by the surrounding air.

As Tiffany was getting nearer to her apartment, she spotted the trash bin and was ready to dump the cold latte into the bin. But as she got nearer to it, she hesitated.

Why would she dump a drink that was made cold because she didn’t consume it in time into the trash bin?

Bringing the cup to her lips, she felt that cold, bitter latte in before they were being flushed down .

‘Did you not know that drinking cold coffee will hurt your stomach?’ Tiffany choked, it was the same exact voice she wanted to hear for five days.

‘Why are you here?’ the brunette pretended to be calm.

‘I walk around,’ Jessica cooed.

‘Oh, I see,’ Tiffany replied as she took another mouthful of the already cold coffee.

‘Cold coffee hurts the stomach, your cold attitude burns my heart.’

‘What do you mean?’

Taking a step nearer to Tiffany, Jessica smiled.

‘It means-‘

A step nearer.

‘I have-‘

Another step nearer

Almost fallen for you.’

Now Jessica was standing so near Tiffany that the latter could see those chest nut orbs that lured her in the very first time, she could make out the perfume Jessica was wearing – that faint vanilla scent mixed with strawberry.

Her heart was hammering her ribcage so violently that Tiffany felt like her lungs were about to get punctured.

‘I-‘

‘Don’t,’ Jessica flashed another charming smile before she sealed their lips carefully.

-/-/-/-/

‘You didn’t call me,’ Tiffany shuddered as she felt a finger tracing her back up and down in lazy motions. Even with her clothes on, she felt as if her back was bare and .

‘I didn’t know how to.’

‘Or were you waiting for me to find you?’ now those fingers ran up to her shoulders.

‘N- no.’ Tiffany could feel those chills on her spine. She almost turned back to look at Jessica before a pair of arms circles her waist.

‘Your milk scent,’ Jessica giggled as she gently kissed Tiffany on her cheeks.

They stayed like that for a moment until Jessica’s phone rang.

She climbed out of the bed lazily and unlocked her phone before she went out of the room to answer the call.

Just as Jessica left the room, Tiffany thought she’d never come back again. Just like how previously when Jessica had disappeared on her for five days and left her with nothing to grasp at all.

Tiffany turned to face the position where Jessica was lying just a few minutes ago.

She spotted a few strands of blonde hair, the crumpled sheets, and the slightly dented pillow that now seem to be back to its original shape.

Just as she wanted to sink herself into those sheets again, the door unlocked suddenly.

‘Hi,’ Jessica greeted as she sat on the bed with a plate on both her palms.

‘Eat?’ She gave a slight smile as she gently pushed both her arms straight, presenting the piece of cake, decorated with chocolate brown powder and a faint aroma of alcohol – Tiramisu.

‘Oh okay,’ Tiffany nodded her head as she received the cake.

‘Eat,’ Jessica reminded.

“Feed me?”

“No. You’ve got hands.”

“Please?”

‘Okay,’ Jessica shrugged as she carefully fed the brunette the cake before gradually returning the plate and fork to the latter.

‘Eat well,’ the blonde patted her head. ‘Got to go for work.’

-/-/-/-/

It was like Jessica was so busy for work that she’d disappeared on Tiffany for four days straight again.

Except maybe Jessica wasn’t so busy.

During those four days without Jessica, Tiffany struggled to keep herself awake.

She couldn’t sleep with an arm lying lazily on her waist, she couldn’t sleep without the gentle breathing that would fill up her ears, and she couldn’t sleep without Jessica next to her.

In the morning, she couldn’t wake up; during the night time, she couldn’t sleep.

Just like now, when the glaring sunlight was already invading her room, shinning mercilessly on the empty side of her bed, she felt like she was being mocked.

Mocked for being weak without Jessica.

Frustrated, she got out of her bed and headed towards her kitchen with sloppy steps.

Pulling open the refrigerator door, she had expected only a cartoon of milk to be left in the huge, empty icy surrounding. However there was this light green box at the last tray of it that caught Tiffany’s attention.

I don’t remember getting myself pastries though.

As she gentle revealed herself to the box of pastries, she was greeted by the same faint aroma of alcohol, with a bigger piece of cake sprinkled with chocolate powder on it.

Just that this time, this cake wasn’t in its original round shape.

Tiffany stared at the cake for a moment to figure it out – a heart-shaped one. But it wasn’t a full heart-shaped one as the right top corner of the cake was already gone which the brunette suspected that it was the cake fed by Jessica four days ago.

Jessica.

Unable to contain her own feelings, she dialled the number on that same piece of crumpled paper.

Funny how Tiffany didn’t bother saving Jessica’s number as one of her contacts. Maybe she couldn’t.

The end line was picked up. ‘Hello?’

“Hi?’

“Tiffany?”

“Yeah. It’s me. Are you free for a coffee today?”

“I’ve only got 20 minutes to spare. See you at the usual place then.”

Call ended.

Tiffany stared incredulously at her phone. What did Jessica mean by she’s only got 20 minutes to spare? Was Tiffany not worthy of Jessica’s time? Was Tiffany a Jessica’s play thing?

Feeling the indignity sprawled all over her heart, Tiffany stormed out of her house.

-/-/-/-/

‘Hi,’ Jessica gestured her to take a seat.

‘Hey,’ Tiffany smiled, after somewhat like five days later.

‘You didn’t call me,’ Tiffany said softly. ‘And I mi-‘

‘Don’t say it,’ Jessica shook her head.

‘Wh-what?’ I really do miss you,’ the brunette reached out for latter’s hand but Jessica pulled it back just in time.

‘Don’t misunderstand. Almost,’ with that said, Jessica stood up gently and headed towards the door, leaving Tiffany’s heart clenching with pain that seeped into her blood slowly, burning her almost entirely.

-/-/-/-/

Lying on the bed with tired eyes but an active mind was alright. But lying on the bed with a shattered heart wasn’t.

Tiffany closed her eyes as she lied still on her bed; her ears hearing her own heart beating as fast as ever.

The scene during the afternoon where she’d met Jessica replayed on her mind relentlessly.

“I’ve only got 20 minutes to spare.”

Her head throbbed.

Jessica retrenching her hand.

Her fist clenching.

“Almost.”

Her heart fell.

Tiffany massaged her temples as she tried to breathe into the icy air to cool her head but all she smelled was this faint scent of vanilla with strawberry mix.

It couldn’t be Jessica.

Shaking her head, she took another deep breathe but everything still smelled the same.

‘Hi,’ a pair of arms circled her arms.

‘I’m thinking too much,’ Tiffany sighed as she slowly pushed open her eyes. Even though she was in the dark, she could still see that pair of arms that circled her waist with a thumb lazily caressing her stomach.

‘Jessica?’ Tiffany asked softly, not wanting to turn to face the one hugging her.

“Yes.”

‘How did you?’ now she turned back to face the blonde, still in her embrace.

‘I made a copy of your key while you were asleep that day,’ the latter giggled.

‘Oh…’ Tiffany answered, unsure of what to say.

‘Sleep?’ Jessica gently brushed those dangling strands of hair that were blocking Tiffany’s eyes.

‘Sleep,’ Tiffany nodded as she looked into Jessica’s brown orbs.

“Okay.”

Your eyes, they shine so bright, I want to save that light

Demons // Imagine Dragons

 

-/-/-/-/

‘Good morning,’ she muttered as she stretched her arms only to feel the cold sheets.

Gone

Tiffany sighed as she turned to see the left side of the bed to be empty.

What was she expecting though? To see a Jessica smiling at her once she’d awoken from her slumber? To have breakfast with Jessica and spend their time together doing nothing together but exchanging smiles and stealing glances at one another even though they are in the same house?

This is reality, not a dream.

But Jessica was like a dream. A fantasy kind of dream that Tiffany wished she’d never fallen asleep in the first place. But once she’d fallen asleep, she wished that she didn’t have to wake up.

Because once she wake up, the dream will haunt her awaken mind.

And once she fall asleep, she wished to continue the dream forever.

Kicking off her duvet cover, she sat straight up and told herself to set a goal for herself today.

It could be reading, singing, doing laundry, anything. Anything just to take her mind off Jessica would do the job.

As she padded towards her kitchen table, she saw a little note pasted on the refrigerator.

 

Good morning :) Remember to take your breakfast – the Tiramisu

Jessica :)

 

Settling the whole piece of cake on the table, Tiffany took a slice of it and started counting the number of slices the cake should have.

One, two, three…

If she’s going to consume this slice right now, there’d be eight slices left.

Slowly, she allowed herself to indulge in that slice of Tiramisu.

The first mouthful of it, she could taste the bitter cocoa powder followed by the light fragrance of the cake. The aroma of mocha so strong yet not overpowering; the taste of alcohol so evident yet tantalizing.

Second spoonful of it, Tiffany realized she was hooked by the cake.

It’s funny how the cake tastes so bitter-sweet yet it’s so addictive.

Maybe it was like how Jessica is; so pretty yet distant; so hot and cold; so unreachable yet all Tiffany wanted to do was to hold her only to find out she couldn’t even catch the latter’s shadow.

Leaving her plate in the sink, she walked over to reach for the note.

Grazing over those cursive handwriting of Jessica’s, Tiffany could almost feel how lightly Jessica wrote on it.

Is this how it feels like to be in love? Because the books didn’t say being in love would hurt so badly.

Yet grazing over it the second time, Tiffany felt the printed words of the card.

Flipping over it, the brunette saw the name card of Jessica’s.

So her name is Jessica Jung and she is a manager of a company.

Tiffany shook her head at the ambiguity of her situation. First she allowed this person whom she didn’t know her name into her room, next she fell in love with this person whom she doesn’t know what the latter does as for living.

Having the urge to see Jessica again, Tiffany slipped into her trench coat and made her way to the address of the name card.

---

‘Good morning, Miss. May I know who are you looking for?’ the receptionist greeted.

‘Hi. I would like to look for Jessica. Miss Jessica Jung?’ Tiffany answered uncomfortably. For some reasons, she didn’t feel alright to be calling Jessica in her full name, yet.

‘Oh, Miss Jung is currently in a meeting. Maybe you would like to take a seat first? She’d be out in around 15 minutes’ time,’ the receptionist said.

‘Sure, not a problem. Thank you,’ Tiffany bowed slightly as she walked around the small counter area to observe the paintings hung on the wall.

The sudden whispers broke out when the meeting room’s door was clicked open.

‘Honey!’ a lady with a darker skin tone called out. She looked well-dressed; a sky blue dress hugging the curves of her body.

‘Hi,’ Tiffany looked up to see a blonde and the lady hugging.

The two linked arms and for a moment, the blonde and Tiffany locked their eyes. Tiffany wanted to say something but the blonde looked away nonchalantly, like she didn’t exist at all.

Though I like you, I say the opposite.

I keep being cautious

Awkward Love // As One

 

-/-/-/-/

That night, she gently slide the key to unlock the door.

The television was flashing light into the dark living room, the silhouette of a lady sitting on the couch was obvious.

‘Hi,’ Jessica walked deliberately slow. She knew how the lady in front of her would blow up, so she’d to keep it slow.

Silence.

The blonde sat on the arm rest of the couch, a safe distance away from Tiffany.

“I’m sor-“

“Stop.”

“I know I should have told you that long ago. But I-“

“You didn’t know how to.”

“Yes. I didn’t know how to and I don’t want to break your heart.”

‘You don’t want to break my heart?’ Tiffany scoffed, hands clutching onto the remote controller. ‘But you already did.’

Jessica kept mum and so did Tiffany. They allowed the seconds of silence to slip past them, allowed the light produced by the television to shine at them all the time.

‘What the , Jessica. What the ,’ Tiffany stood up and threw the controller on the ground.

Jessica took a shaky breath.

“I didn’t allow you into my life to find out that oh, you already have a girlfriend.”

Jessica bite her lips.

“I didn’t allow you to hug me to realize that you’ve slipped that pair of arms into another woman’s waist.”

Jessica tried to control her tears.

‘I didn’t allow your scent to come seeping into my sheets that I couldn’t get rid of, even after washing a thousand times. I did not,’ Tiffany’s voice remained strong yet Jessica could hear the echo of her heart being torn into pieces.

Jessica walked closer to Tiffany as she held strong onto the flower stalk.

‘This is… for you,’ Jessica took Tiffany’s hand and wrapped it around the flower stalk.

‘Jessica Jung,’ Tiffany hissed. ‘I’m not in the mood for your flower nor your tiramisu cake.’

Jessica took a step back, keeping a distance, as if creating an invisible barrier in between them just so that she couldn’t get hurt from Tiffany’s words.

‘I don’t mean for you to find it out this way. That’s why I always kept a distance from you,’ Jessica hung her head low.

“Like how I said I’ve almost fallen for you. Like how I’d always come here at night because I don’t want you to see how tired my eyes are when I don’t get to see you in the morning or neither do I get to hug you the night before I sleep.”

“Like how I like to leave a Tiramisu cake here so that I can come back here as an excuse.”

“I don’t mean to come here as and when I like neither do I come here as and when I like too.”

‘Then why do you even come? You should just stay away from me,’ Tiffany sank into the couch. So I have a reason to stay away from you too.

‘I want to keep a distance from you because I want to almost love you. I don’t want to love you fully when I have a girlfriend. I can’t. It’s only unfair to you; to have me here with you yet not fully here with you,’ Jessica looked up, hoping her tears would not fall.

 

‘I’m sorry,’ Tiffany stood up. Jessica stood still.

‘I don’t mean to shout those words to you. I just… just couldn’t handle that you have a girlfriend and you’re here with me. It’s just… just,’ Tiffany shook her head.

‘Too ed up,’ Jessica pushed her hand through her blonde locks.

‘But I don’t mind. So long as you’re here, I don’t think I would mind,’ Tiffany stood so near to Jessica that the latter could feel her breathe on her skin.

‘I’m sorry. I promise to not shout at you anymore,’ Tiffany whipped her tears.

Her skin, just like her face, was cold. Tiffany whipped those tears that were collected on Jessica’s eyelashes, threatening to fall anytime.

Tiffany hugged her tight enough just to hope that Jessica wouldn’t shatter physically like how her heart had already been.

‘Cause you are, the piece of me

I wish, I didn’t need

Clarity // Zedd ft. Foxes

-/-/-/-/

‘Good morning,’ she whispered into Jessica’s ears, sending waves of icy, cold chills down her spine.

‘Hi,’ Jessica hummed as she placed a piece of Tiramisu cake onto the white plate decorated with grey lines by the sides.

‘Eat?’ the blonde turned back to face Tiffany with the plate in her palms.

‘Sure,’ Tiffany took the fork to scoop the cake while one of her hands was still holding Jessica’s waist. ‘Do you want some?’

‘It’s fine. I’ll take the croissants,’ the latter’s mouth formed a curve.

‘Okay,’ Tiffany cooed.

‘Why me?’ the brunette asked out of nowhere.

‘What do you mean by that?’ Jessica lifted her eyebrow.

‘I mean why did you choose me out of so many people you’ve seen? You could easily choose any girl outside but you didn’t,’ the brunette repeated her question.

‘I could but I didn’t. There’s no point; finding love because you want love,’ the latter replied nonchalantly.

“Philosopher.”

“Your philosopher.”

“Cheesy.”

“You make me cheesy.”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

“Anyway, why do you always reply me using one word replies? Like ‘sleep’, ‘hi’, ‘eat’?”

“You don’t need use long sentences to express your love or thoughts. I like using actions instead.”

‘Is this the way how you talk to your…’ Tiffany hesitated. ‘Your girlfriend?’

The atmosphere felt darker a little and Tiffany winced at her own question.

‘No. We don’t talk a lot. She comes home in the morning while I leave for work. I come home in the evening while she leaves for pub,’ Jessica focused on the ground, avoiding Tiffany’s eyes.

‘Oh,’ Tiffany paused. ‘How long have you guys been together?’

‘Six years,’ Jessica mumbled.

Six?’ her eyes doubled itself.

‘But five years without love,’ Jessica whispered softly.

“I’m sorry…”

“Don’t apologize unless you did something wrong.”

“I love you.”

“I almost love you.”

And there’s no guarantee that this’ll be easy

Endlessly // The cab

 

-/-/-/-/

Walking on the streets with music in your ears was always the best thing for Tiffany.

She enjoyed walking like that, music in the ear, walking like a model, as if all the spotlight was on her.

As she walked past a cafe, she spotted the same dark-skinned lady, Jessica and … another man?

She scuttled closer to the glass and observed. Underneath the table, she figured that the lady’s fingers were laced with Jessica’s.

And, wow, her legs were tracing the man’s legs up and down.

But five year without love.

Just then, Jessica stood up and spotted Tiffany looking at her.

‘Hi,’ Jessica mouthed.

‘Hi,’ Tiffany answered without a sound before Jessica smiled and went to the counter.

--

As Tiffany went back home, she couldn’t forget Jessica’s genuine smile. Those curved lips, red cheeks and crinkling brown eyes.

Soon her thoughts were stopped running as her phone rang in her bag.

‘Yoona, what is love?’ Tiffany asked the caller.

‘Geez, Tiffany. You didn’t even say ‘hi’ to me when you answered the call. Do you think I’m Siri or something?’ Tiffany could almost imagine Yoona throwing her arms in the air.

‘I’m sorry. Okay, hi Yoona, what’s up? Wanna hang out?’ Tiffany joked.

‘You, evil little woman. And no, I don’t want to hang out with you,’ Yoona laughed.

“Mean. But really, what is-“

“What is love?”

“Yeah. What is love?”

“I think love is like, space.”

“Space?”

“You allow yourself to float in the air even though you realize that one fine day, you’ll still have to back on the ground. And when you’re on the ground, you give both of you space even if you guys don’t need that.”

“Because the space is needed for clear thinking sometimes even if you think you’re clear-headed?”

‘Something like that,’ Yoona hummed. ‘But one day, you’ll learn when to give both yourself space and when not to.’

‘Man, you’re so good with your words,’ Tiffany smiled.

‘I know, right?’ Yoona gave a throaty laugh.

-/-/-/-/

They sat on the dining chairs, doing nothing but exchanging smiles and occasionally stealing glances at one another.

The irony was when Tiffany thought it would be impossible for them to be doing something like that.

Seems like nothing is impossible.

‘Tiramisu?’ Jessica asked as she pulled open the refrigerator door.

‘Okay,’ Tiffany nodded with a sweet smile.

‘Didn’t know I’ve already eaten half of the heart-shaped cake,’ Tiffany said from behind as Jessica jumped while she was cutting the cake.

‘You should stop scaring me from the back,’ Jessica shook her head in disapproval.

‘Okay,’ Tiffany hummed as she circled her arms around Jessica’s waist.

As Tiffany allowed herself to indulge in that slice of cake, she glanced at the blonde.

‘Yes?’ Jessica rested her chin on her palm.

‘I saw you yesterday with your girlfriend,’ Tiffany spoke softly.

‘Hmmm,’ Jessica nodded.

‘And her leg, uhm, was tracing up and down the man’s leg…’ Tiffany spoke even softer.

‘That, I know,’ Jessica gave a sad smile.

‘Jessica,’ Tiffany sat up right. ‘Why don’t you leave her and be with me?’

Jessica chewed her lips.

‘Jessica,’ Tiffany said more forcefully this time round. ‘Me or her?’

‘Okay,’ Jessica stood her as she went to get a soda for herself.

‘Jessica!’ Tiffany stopped her right in front of fridge. ‘Choose.’

‘Cake,’ the blonde shoved the cake in front of Tiffany.

‘No!’ the latter threw half of the heart-shaped cake onto the floor, leaving Jessica’s jaw dropped open.

‘Okay,’ Jessica placed the unopened soda on the table as she slipped into her pair of shoes and went for the door.

‘No, Jessica, no,’ Tiffany managed to grab hold of her arms. ‘I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it.’

‘You didn’t have to throw the cake onto the ground,’ Jessica said through gritted teeth. ‘You didn’t have to.’

‘I didn’t mean it!’ Tiffany cried. ‘I don’t like seeing how hurt your face gets whenever I mention about your girlfriend.’

‘So you had to break your promise of not shouting? You had to throw my favourite flavoured cake onto the floor?’ Jessica challenged her even though her back was facing the latter.

‘I don’t know that… I really don’t. Jessica, please,’ Tiffany begged because once Jessica is out of her door, it literally means Jessica would be out of her life.

‘Do you know why I gave you the heart-shaped Tiramisu cake? It’s because Tiramisu is my favourite and I only share my favourite things with the person I love. Every time when I visit you, I urge you to have a slice of it because each time I visit you, I feel like I’ve left a piece of my heart with you. Only when I gave you all my heart, it’s when I’ll truly say out the three words,’ Jessica sobbed as she opened the door. ‘I guess I need time.’

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside

Demons // Imagine Dragons

-/-/-/-/

Time only heal wounds when the mind allows it to be healed.

Tiffany stared at the clock as it ticked slowly.

Now the hallway is quiet; no more screaming and shouting.

Now the bed is meant for one person to sleep; no more arms circling her waist, no more sweet smelling scent.

Now the fridge is almost empty; no more heart-shaped Tiramisu cake. But Tiffany will always have them in it.

Jessica said she needed time and Tiffany gave her all the time she wanted and needed.

It has been nearly two months since they’ve last met; which has been two months since Tiffany got addicted with Tiramisu.

Jessica told Tiffany that she’d be back one of the days this week to give her a final answer. To see if she’s still almost in love with her or is she already in love with her and Tiffany agreed to wait for her.

---

The door bell rang, breaking the train of thoughts in her mind.

‘Hi,’ the scent of Vanilla with strawberry mix filled the air.

‘Hi,’ Tiffany smiled.

‘Cake?’ Jessica offered.

‘Okay,’ Tiffany pulled her into the house.

Opening the box, Tiffany pouted when she didn’t see a heart-shaped Tiramisu cake.

‘No more heart-shaped Tiramisu?’ Tiffany pulled her lower lips out.

‘No,’ Jessica laughed.

‘Why?’ Tiffany looked at the blonde with puppy eyes.

‘Because I’m already in love with you. You took all pieces of my heart away. No more her, only you,’ Jessica gave her a goofy smile.

-/-/-/-/

‘Why is Tiramisu you favourite?’ Tiffany asked as she lied on Jessica’s arm, facing the ceiling.

‘It’s a nice desert,’ the latter hummed.

“I mean, it has to be relatable to something that you like. Isn’t it? Maybe like our relationship or something?”

“It’s like our relationship; the cocoa powder is the bitter yet the softness of the cake melts the powder almost immediately. The alcohol gets me drunk a little; just like you. Drunk but I’ll still be sober enough. The mocha is the caffeine just like our relationship; addictive yet not intoxicating.”

It’s just not sweet enough to make you cringe but sweet enough to make you indulge more than you should.

finish

----

A/N : Tiramisu happens to be one of my favourite desserts. First bite, soft and spongy enough to keep me going for another spoonful. I realize, I don’t have a sweet tooth. First off, the drink, Caramel Macchiato. Now, the dessert, Tiramisu. Anyway, I hope you guys like this one-shot (: I’ll write whenever I can, college is starting in less than a day’s time!

Hidden_toxic

P.S : I hope your favourite dessert is Tiramisu now :p