Stars Align (Epilogue)

Smiles & Love (One-shot)

Epilogue

 

The sunlight tried it’s best to invade into Tiffany’s bedroom by peeping though the curtain but only a few streaks of it had succeeded in doing so.

 

Tiffany stretched lazily in her bed, her bolster was on the floor, her pillow was under her arm; she’d allowed herself to be a little lazy these few days.

 

Correction, she’d allowed herself to change for the past whole year.

 

Her legs brushed lightly against the marble tiles as she rubbed her eyes groggily. 

 

Her phone vibrated at the end of the table, threatening to jump off it should Tiffany didn’t manage to catch it in time. Tiffany stared at it, as if telling the non-living object to jump off the table if it’s got the guts to do so.

 

The phone didn’t fall flat on the ground, it survived. It was at the edge of the table.

 

It’s a Friday, Tiffany hummed at the thought.

 

She stood up and drew open the curtains, taking in the whole view in front of her. The Sun wasn’t shy at all; it made itself obvious, shining brightly, surrounded the cotton candy clouds that floated happily in the light blue sky. The roads have been occupied by cars streaming along them. 

 

‘It’s just 7am for god’s sake,’ Tiffany hissed.

 

It’s a Friday, everybody should just keep calm and be happy instead of having cars driving at airplane’s speed and children rushing to school. 

 

The brunette padded into her bathroom. As she sprayed water onto her face, she was reminded of the fact that it’s been a year without Jessica.

 

No they didn’t break up; they’re just a few thousand miles apart.

 

A few thousand miles.

 

28 March 2015 ; 0730.  Her clock flashed the pink digits at her.

 

The corner of her lips curled up a little, for some reason, Tiffany was acting a little bipolar in the morning. First she was turned off with the rushing traffic, next moment she was smiling at her clock.

 

Her phone vibrated again, only louder this time as Tiffany was in the living room, preparing to go for work. She’d gotten used to the quietness of the house, like how the light bulbs would have clicked twice after Tiffany had turned the switch on; like how Tiffany would have to play soft music at the background while she’s washing the dishes or doing laundry.

 

That was why she had gotten herself the digital clock instead of the antique clock.

 

The ticking of the minute and hour finger would only cause Tiffany to be reminded of how lonely she was without Jessica and Tegan and she didn’t want that to happen. Not when she’d promised Jessica that she’d be fine without them just to make sure that Katherine could focus on her treatment for her health.

 

Sometimes Tiffany wished she was a little more selfish.

 

Maybe if she didn’t agree to have Jessica go abroad with Katherine, she wouldn’t have to bear all these loneliness alone.

 

Maybe.

 

She sighed as she unlocked her phone only to realize that her sigh was unnecessary.

 

What’s App from Tegan Nicole’

 

Tiffany chuckled as she opened the messenger app to see Tegan’s Selfie of the day.

 

It was Tegan wearing her sunglasses, looking all cool and happy as she her ice cream and smiled. Tegan was dressed in her summer clothing; a turquoise tank top with her denim shorts. 

 

Another vibration.

 

This time it was Jessica doing her signature peace sign pose as she wore her own Chanel sunglasses in the glaring sun. The background of them looked familiar but Tiffany’s brain was still not fully functioning even though she’d wake up 45 minutes ago.

 

‘Good day for the both of you?(:’ - Tiffany Hwang

 

‘Hmm, the sun isn’t being particularly kind. But the wind is doing it’s job x’ - Jessica

 

‘I suppose you’re enjoying yourself now then. Get yourself hydrated alright. Don’t eat too much ice cream; it’s fattening.’ - Tiffany Hwang

 

‘We go jogging twice a week!’ - Tegan Nicole

 

Tiffany almost dropped her car key as she saw what Tegan had replied her. Sure the youngest would have gone jogging to maintain her weight, but Jessica Jung jogging? Tiffany could only imagine the blonde being dragged by Tegan to run a good 100 meters.

 

‘You mean you jog while Jessica begs you to let her off? Alright, I’ll have to drive. I’ll call you guys tonight if you’re free.’ - Tiffany Hwang.

 

**

 

‘Good morning leader!’ one of her workers, SooYoung, greeted her as she entered her office.

 

‘Hi, good morning,’ Tiffany nodded with a light smile on her face.

 

Ever since both Jessica and Tegan left for America, Tiffany had devoted her free time for her work. She’d worked overtime just to ensure that the events planned by her company will be successful and impressive; she stayed till 3 am in the morning just to ensure that the sketch of the projects would be good. Soon Tiffany was promoted within half a year’s time and now she’s the leader of her team.

 

But with her spending more than enough time for her work, she’d somehow, managed to maintain her relationship with Jessica too.

 

Impressive, Tiffany smiled at the thought.

 

The duo spent their weekends skyping with each other and sometimes when Tiffany has her night time free, she’d audio call Jessica while she’s doing her report.

 

‘Tiffany, Tiffany,’ a voice called.

 

‘Mummy!’ Tiffany shrieked as she saw the familiar face approaching her.

 

‘You’re really a capable lady, aren’t you? Managing the team of fifty people at a goal isn’t easy,’ Mrs Hwang laughed as she broke the hug away from Tiffany.

 

‘You should have called to inform you’re coming. I could have my secretory prepare something for you!’ Tiffany shook her head in disapproval.

 

‘You don’t have to. Anyway I’m here to inform you that somebody will be visiting your office today so be prepared to showcase what you have,’ Mrs Hwang gave her a grin.

 

‘Someone? Well it has to depend on who he or she is, isn’t it? To have the team leader to introduce the whole procedure to a nobody would have wasted some of my time,’ the brunette gave a throaty laugh. Of course she was joking, anyone could come into her work place and she’d still be more than willing to show it off to them.

 

‘It’s a she, by the way. Be patient, my love. She’s important; she might be investing into our company. Make sure she’s satisfied with what you’re going to show her to,’ Mrs Hwang gave Tiffany a peck on her cheeks before she left the office.

 

**

 

‘Good office you have there,’ she came into Tiffany’s office.

 

‘Katherine?!’ Tiffany squeaked as she rushed forward to give her a hug.

 

‘Release me before I choke and die,’ Katherine laughed as she patted Tiffany’s back.

 

‘You! Why didn’t you tell me you’re back?’ Tiffany gently punched her arms. ‘Where are Jessica and Tegan?’

 

‘Well, it’s meant to be a surprise. They are still in the States,’ Katherine hummed as she walked around, looking at the art pieces that was hung on the walls of Tiffany’s office.

 

‘And you’re back here alone?’ Tiffany arched her brows.

 

‘Of course. Work matters.’

 

‘Why are you here then?’

 

‘You sound hostile. I might change the plan of signing your company’s proposal.’

 

‘You’re the important person my Mum was mentioning to me?’

 

‘What do you think?’ Katherine chuckled before she slipped out a file from her handbag and flipped through it.

 

‘I hope we’ll be good partners in future,’ she signed it before she shook Tiffany’s hand.

 

**

 

After Katherine signed her proposal book, Tiffany found out that the latter has recovered from her illness.

 

Not completely recovered but at least she’s gotten her condition controlled.

 

Tiffany learnt that Jessica hasn’t been staying with Katherine even though they’re in the America together. Jessica has successfully taken over her parent’s company and meanwhile having enough time to spend it with Tegan.

 

Tegan accompanied Katherine throughout her treatments and has decided to stay in the America to study.

 

Sometimes Jessica will bring Tegan for ice cream and sometimes she’ll tutor Tegan for her school work.

 

Sometimes Jessica would be free from work but she’ll never disturb Tiffany; she’ll be reading while waiting for Tiffany to call her back; she’ll be spending time with the orphans, buying books and stationeries for them to use. 

 

And sometimes Tiffany wonder how Jessica could maintain her life so well; she found it astonishing that Jessica isn’t the clingy type of girlfriend, because Tiffany is.

 

Like how sometimes Tiffany would be sending text messages to Jessica even though she knows that the latter is busy.

 

Like how Tiffany will send random postcards writing to Jessica how much she misses her, but the blonde will never return a mail back.

 

What Jessica said was true, a break was necessary for them because only with that Tiffany then knew how much she truly needs Jessica in her life.

 

**

 

The clanking of pots filled the brunette’s ears as she unlocked the door.

 

The silhouette of a lady could be seen, she’s trying to flip an omelet upside down with two hands on the pan holder. 

 

Tiffany tiptoed to the kitchen ; the lady still hasn’t turned her head. Instead the lady cheered softy as she’d successfully done the flip. Now she’s holding a small teaspoon with some white particles on it, which Tiffany figured that it’s salt.

 

Approaching her, Tiffany held the lady’s arms and controlled them to rest the pan on the stove with a soft thud and placed the teaspoon back into the salt container.

 

Carefully she slipped her arms around the lady’s waist and rested her chin on her shoulder. Inhaling her perfume, Tiffany felt as if she was floating. How long has it been since she’s last smelt something so familiar?

 

It’s so intoxicating.

 

‘Tiffany,’ the lady called as she caressed her thumb on Tiffany’s forehand.

 

‘Jessica,’ the brunette hummed. ‘I miss you so much.’

 

‘I miss you too,’ Tiffany could feel her own heart beating loudly against her ribs, threatening to jump out anytime.

 

Turning around but still in Tiffany’s arms, the corners of Jessica’s mouth pulled upwards before she leaned in and muttered between kisses. ‘Home is still the best.’

 

 

 

 

Finish 

 

A/N : I’m done with the fic ;; I’m having mix feelings right now. Like this story is something I’ve enjoyed writing so much, especially Tegan and Jessi ): Not sure if this ending is a good one but I’ve spent 3 days trying to write and figure out the ending with the right words. I hope you guys did enjoy the whole story !