The Proposal Book

Smiles & Love (One-shot)

The Proposal Book 

 

TaeYeon drummed her fingers on the table.

‘What is it?’ SooYoung looked at the midget opposite of her.

‘I’m thinking of how to propose to that girl,’ TaeYeon looked straight into SooYoung’s eyes.

‘Go on one-bended knee and flash that well-polished one karat diamond ring,’ SooYoung giggled.

‘Don’t be lame, you know I’m not thinking about that,’ TaeYeon pouted.

‘Do a proposal book,’ the latter smiled.

**

TaeYeon has been thinking hard about how the Proposal Book for Jessica would be like. Classy? She shook her head. Flowery? But Jessica isn’t a fan of such flowery thing.

Little things. Yes! 5 Little things it is, with that thought TaeYeon then began doing her Proposal book.

--

TaeYeon gathered her own different coloured paper, pens and photos of Jessica taken at different angles.

She’s beautiful, really.

 


One : The Art Of Patience


TaeYeon remembered that on their first date, Jessica was late for 30mins but when the latter saw TaeYeon, she gave TaeYeon a small card. 


‘What is it?’ TaeYeon had raised an eyebrow.

‘Open and see it,’ Jessica gave a light smile.


'Oh okay,' Taeyeon did as what Jessica had told her.

In the card, Jessica apologized for being late because that's her motto. Never run even if you're late. 


Taeyeon looked at Jessica incredulously. 'You're late and u still did a card?' 


“Yeah kinda.”


“How long did u take to finish the card?”


“Around 5 minutes.”


Taeyeon laughed. 


"And..." Jessica trailed off.


"Hmm?" 


"And I spent the rest of my 20mins choosing my outfit and doing my hair because I didn’t want you to feel as if I don’t bother about our first date."


Taeyeon smiled as looked at Jessica. It was true that the girl did look pretty in every angle. Just like right now, her hair’s neatly bun up and her white top is complimenting her floral dress.

If Jessica is going to be late yet dressed prettily, Taeyeon figured out that she probably didn’t mind that Jessica's going to be late forever.


Her girl was dressing up for her, so why not?

Two : She can’t cook but we could just have take-away anyway

  
That day, Jessica decided to cook for both of them.

 

She’d spent a great deal of time picking her ingredients for cooking of their meals.


When the dishes were presented to TaeYeon, Taeyeon looked at the mouth-watering dishes and she gulped.

"Try it," Jessica looked at TaeYeon with her brown eyes as she rested her chin on her palm.


When TaeYeon tasted it, she felt like crying. Not because the dish tasted extremely tasty, but it was polar opposite.


TaeYeon's face turned red and she swore to never allow Jessica to step into the kitchen anymore.



Three : Her mind’s so simple

The colors that Jessica likes are pretty simple: Blue, white and turquoise. 


But the colors Taeyeon likes are rather extreme; fierce-looking red, darkness-black, and brightly-lighted Yellow.


'Why do you like these colours?' Jessica had asked TaeYeon one day as they were sitting on their colored tile floor.


'I don’t know. They represent myself I guess,' TaeYeon pointed to the Black tile, 'Black suggests sadness, red implies anger that sometimes I'd hide it really well, and Yellow to suggest that no matter how sad I sometimes get, there'd still be a sun in my life to shine it real bright.'

And Jessica smiled, 'You're good with your words.'


'How about you?' TaeYeon turned to Jessica.

'Hmmm, white gives me a feeling of happiness; the feel of winter,' Jessica directed her index finger on the white tile, 'Blue suggests the sky and ocean; calm and peaceful, with cold wind occasionally caressing my face. Turquoise suggests my true feelings, it's a mixture. I've never been truly anger with anyone before. It's always a mixture of feelings. Anger with disappointment; Happiness with bitter-sweet moments. You know, that kind of thing.'


TaeYeon nodded. Jessica loves colors like these. It brings out her true feelings unlike Taeyeon who always have a mixture of intense feelings. 

Four : Doing nothing yet being so pretty

TaeYeon never loved books. She wasn't a fan of books, text books, note books, let alone story books. And no, she’d never touch them. But Jessica however, is a nerd. 


She's a nerd who loves to read, she could have just stayed in bed with her favourite book and a cup of milk to keep her occupied for the whole day. TaeYeon can never understand how one can be so engrossed into a book, till the extend she ignores her girlfriend.

It was just one of the days when Jessica decided to spend some quality time with her books.


She was reading 'Thanks for the memories' by Cecelia Ahern. She pushed her spectacles up, eyes occasionally crinkling at those words and her smile, ever so endearing, as she continued reading her book. 


'I… feel like burning that book,' TaeYeon muttered under her breathe. 


What was she doing? TaeYeon slapped herself mentally for being jealous at a book.

But... but it got all Jessica's attention. And TaeYeon decided to just sit next to Jessica, looking at the girl. 

While Jessica gave all her attention to the book, all TaeYeon did was to lie on Jessica's lap and look vertically up at the latter, with eyes still looking intensely at the book.

Does she ever know that she looks so pretty just doing nothing but reading?


Five : Jessica’s a dreamer.

A dreamer, she could just stare into space and smile to herself. At first TaeYeon didn’t understand what the girl was doing, it felt creepy. Until one day when TaeYeon caught Jessica doing it again, she planted herself next to Jessica and asked, 'what are you doing? Smiling into space?' 

That gave the Blonde a shock but she remained composed, 'Just dreaming.' 

"Dreaming about what?"


'Dreaming about all the things we could do. Like when we get married, we can have little TaengSic running around the house. Customizing more colored tiles on the floor if our children likes it, all those,' Jessica gave a cute smile which never fails to make TaeYeon's heart flutter a little.

**

Jessica stretched her arms as caught the sunlight creeping through her curtains.

‘You’re up?’ TaeYeon smiled as she caught the blonde just lying on her own stomach while she looked at TaeYeon getting nearer to her.

‘Yes,’ she gave a goofy grin.

‘Sit up,’ TaeYeon helped Jessica up and the girl sat up with her legs dangling in the air.

‘Are you giving me something?’ Jessica looked at the latter with her puppy eyes.

‘Hmm, smart,’ TaeYeon complimented the blonde as she went to their Cabinet and brought out a white and blue colored book.

‘Yours,’ TaeYeon handed the book to the blonde with both of her arms stretched.

And there it labeled ‘The Proposal Book’.

Jessica opened the book slowly with her delicate fingers, reading all the words written by TaeYeon and smiling at the pictures. The knots in TaeYeon’s tummy were pulled tighter as each page of the book was flipped.

It was till the last page when TaeYeon felt like fainting; there it wrote ‘Will you marry me?

Jessica closed the book and TaeYeon knew the answer, it was a definite ‘no’. The blonde played with the latter’s fingers, ‘what was written on the last page?’

TaeYeon seemed taken aback but she replied sadly, ‘Will you marry me?’

‘I thought I’m already your wife?’ Jessica chuckled.