8

It Hurts

 

*listening to heartbreaker album while updating*

 

Sohee and Jiyoung styled and bought 4 sets of outfits for Dara. Cute, rugged, bohemian, and vintage romantic.

They hailed a cab so they could quickly get back to Bom’s salon.

 

Jaejoong looked outside the aero plane’s window, down on South Korea. He clasped his fingers together and rested his back on the first class chair.

“ I wonder what my Sandara’s doing right now,” he said to himself.

He was excited to see her, for their separation was too long. He was afraid he would miss out on her.

But why did he leave in the first place?

Since Jaejoong was a young boy, he was already seen with outstanding talent. At age 5 he started reading classical stories; at 7, he started receiving musical training. He could play the harp, cello, and sing very well. At age 14, he started studying in an advanced school in the field of arts and music. He met people like him, making him all the more competitive to be the best.

At age 14, he also met a certain pale girl with orange hair hanging around the park. He was captivated at first sight.

 His parents didn’t want to waste his talents, so they decided to move abroad, thinking his talents would be sharpened to perfection.

 

In the short amount of time, he became fast friends with this girl, Sandara Park. Everything was awkward at first, since she wasn’t used to handsome guys trying to have a conversation with her. Dara slowly developed a crush on him, just like the majority of the girls in their neighborhood. They were all jealous of her, how she always gets to talk with Jaejoong, how he volunteers to push her in the swing whenever needed, and how she hears him sing a song and play the harp.

One day came when she decided to confess, hoping it would go smoothly, just like in fairytales.

“ Jaejoong-ah,” she called from behind her. The young man sat beside her on the other swing. The sun was setting on Jae’s side and on Dara’s, the half moon was already visible.

“ Ne, Dara?” he looked at her like she was the only woman in the world. It’s amazing how Jae makes you feel like you’re the only persons on the planet.

“ I-,” she hesitated while a group of boys passed by. “ I have something to say,” she continued. Dara stood up and went in front of Jaejoong. “ I like you. I really like you.” She said, almost in a whisper, but Jaejoong’s heart heard it.

Dara looked down, eyes squinted, fists formed into balls, waiting for his answer.

“ Sandara,” Jaejoong’s hand reached for hers. She looked up to him, still blushing. “ I’m sorry, but we can’t be together,” the words hurt more than she expected. Her hand was still in his.

He lifted her hand and placed it on his chest, right above his heart. “ But I want you to know that this heart is beating for you,” he said, staring right through her. And Dara knew it was the truth.

He pulled her in for a long hug. The next day, Donghae, Jaejoong’s friend, told Dara that Jaejoong will be leaving for Europe.

Of course, she can’t do anything about it.

While Jaejoong was away, a lot of things happened. Dara excelled in school, she was bullied, she was hospitalized because of an accident, but the worst was when her parents died.

There was no relative willing to take her in. Donghae volunteered to house her, since he himself was alone too. He lives in a house up in the hill. It was abandoned, but it provided them shelter and heat when it was cold.

Jaejoong knew about it. He asked Donghae a big favor. Though it was kind of harsh, Donghae was obliged to do it. He wanted Dara to be kept away from the world; away from pain and the harsh reality.

 

 

Jiyoung and Sohee finally reached the salon. He was so eager to see Dara, he forgot to pay for the cab. Sohee rolled her eyes and gave a bill to the driver who just chortled.  

“ Your boyfriend?” the driver asked before Sohee could get off.

“ No,” she said quietly, a flash of memories rushed into her mind.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

story not edited; pardon for the poor execution of the idea~

Saranghaeyo, dear subscribers^^ 

gif from tumblr, chelsea-rin. 

 

 

 

u-kiseo, tumblr.