2

It Hurts

 

Jiyoung finished his dinner and grabbed his coat and beanie then head outside, he also brought along with him his trusty notebook filled with reviewers.

 

The house he lived in was not far away from the one they were going to.

Under a post light, stood his 4 friends, joking around.

“ Finally,” Taeyang muttered. Jiyoung gave him a slap on the head.

 

They walked together, joking while Jiyoung read the contents of his notebook using a penlight.

“ What the? Jiyoung! You brought school with you!?” Daesung complained.

“ Pabo! I didn’t bring the school with me; it’s just that I really need to review.”

There was silence among them when the house finally came into view.

 

“Whoa...” Seungri said.

“ Well, what are we waiting for?” Taeyang said, with a hint of nervousness.

Other than their flashlights, the other thing that was emitting light was the lamp beside the doorbell.

All the other four were huddled closely with each other, even Seunghyun who was thought by the students as the coolest guy in their campus. Jiyoung on the other hand was trailing behind, intent on memorizing the important formulas.

 

Taeyang was the first to lay foot on the stairs up and it made an uncomfortable sound. Seungri grabbed Daesung’s arm. Daesung shook it off and told him to keep quiet.

“ Seunghyun, go open the door,” Taeyang nudged Seunghyun.

“ What the? You do it! After all, this is your plan,” they were talking in whispers.

“ Aish!” Taeyang hissed.

Slowly, he reached for the handle and noticed that the door was already slightly opened. He pushed it further and a cold gush of wind greeted them.

Flashlights scanned the living room. Ripped curtains, cobwebs all around, an unhealthy heap of dust on one corner, books stacked on the floor. It was an abandoned house all right.

 

“ Wow,” Daesung mouthed and started to wander around the living room.

There were also large portraits hanged on the walls, but are covered with dust.

 

Jiyoung also entered the house, but he didn’t notice that he was walking the wrong way and ended up in the kitchen.

He closed his notebook and started looking around. Where the heck are his friends?

He felt uncomfortable with his surroundings. Jiyoung suddenly heard the squeaking of the old wooden floor, as if something or rather someone was walking towards his direction.

He slowly backed up until his back hit the wall. He grabbed the curtain beside him and hid himself.

 

With the moon as the only source of light, a silhouette emerged from the dark. Then the clank of metals, a lamp was lit up.

The girl had a small face, long lashes and small eyes. Her auburn hair was like that of a bush, reminding Jiyoung of the fallen leaves earlier. She was dressed in black and was rummaging through the cupboards for food.

Jiyoung held his breath and kept an eye at the girl.

 

I didn’t know someone was living here.

He suddenly remembered his friends who were roaming around and it was unknown to them that they were trespassing. This could be big trouble. He fished his pocket for his phone, and then mentally smacked his forehead for not bringing it.

 

“ Donghae-yah,” Jiyoung heard the girl said softly. She was now sitting on one of the unmatched chairs and cupping her chin. A white cat appeared out of nowhere and hopped on the table, sitting down beside the girl’s pale arms.

 

Jiyoung couldn’t bear hiding anymore. He let go of the curtain and pointed his penlight on the girl’s face.

“ Who are you?” he asked, voice quivering. Who knew what she could be; a witch? A cult member? Wandering spirit?

The girl looked at Jiyoung with surprise. Mouth formed into an O.

 

Jiyoung was awed at what he saw. Now that he had a better view on her face, the penlight revealed a girl with an innocent face, pink lips and brown eyes. The girl was pretty, to be exact.

Wow... totally my type Jiyoung suddenly thought. He smacked his forehead, this time physically.

 

The cat gave a small growl and left its master’s hand.

“ What are you doing here?” This surprised Jiyoung that the girl did not vanish in thin air just like in movies whenever an actor finds a ghost.

“ I...uh, I’m sorry,” Jiyoung looked down in embarrassment. Correct, what was he doing here? He was supposed to be studying and not trespassing on other people’s property.

“ That’s okay...” the girl stood up and moved closer to Jiyoung. She leaned and sniffed his shoulder, making him uneasy.

“ You’re not him...” the girl said and sighed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

sorry for the typo error last time; I've fixed it^^ 

Hello hello to my new subscribers! And to the comments-- they encourage me to think of new perks for this story, hihih. 

also, sorry if I wasn't too descriptive about our Dara's pretty face; I can't think of words! I forgot my thesaurus at my desk in school :P