6

It Hurts

 

Monday came, and Jiyoung was still indecisive on whether to let his friends meet her. They may or may not be mean to her, but he knew his friends too well when they treat girls—they flirt. And that is definitely the last thing Jiyoung wanted for Dara to experience.

“ Is this seat taken?” a girl’s voice asked. Jiyoung looked up and saw Park Bom, Seunghyun’s secret girlfriend.

“ Yes,” he answered, but Bom took it anyway. “ Where’s Seunghyun?”

“ I don’t know...” she tried to be dumb.

 

Then something brilliant entered Jiyoung’s already cluttered mind.

“ Bom noona!” Jiyoung looked at her and clasped his hands together. “ Can you do me a very important favor?”

Bom looked curious and leaned in for Jiyoung to whisper.

 

SATURDAY

“ Jiyoung-ah, where are you taking me?” Dara asked as the boy pulled her through the sea of people crossing the streets of Seoul. It was early in the afternoon and people are rushing back and forth to the mall, and other places. It was making Dara short of breath.

Jiyoung just tugged on and didn’t answer her.

They stopped at a shop lit by spotlights. From what Dara could see through the clear glass windows, it was a hair salon. She looked nervously at Jiyoung. He gave back an enthusiastic smile and they entered the salon.

“ VIP section please,” Jiyoung told the lady at the counter and she led them to the back of the room.

They sat at the red couch.

“ Jiyoung-ah, what are we doing here?” she tugged on his elbow.

“ Wait,” and then a tall white girl, with flawless legs came from the curtain. She wore a white mini dress and her red hair was a great contrast with her milky-white skin.

 

 

“ Bom noona!” Jiyoung called and the tall physique walked towards them in a manner that belonged to the runway.

“ So this is her,” Bom looked at Dara from head to toe and it made Dara hide a little bit behind Jiyoung. The redhead’s eyes were piercing.

“ Dara-yah, this is Bom and she is going to help you look... better,” Jiyoung said.

“ Why, don’t you like me the way I am?” Dara wondered. Jiyoung was unable to answer.

“ Dara-ssi, you have the face, but the hair,” Bom lifted a lock of hair, “ a definite no,” she shook her head and placed her arms on her chest.

“ Boram-ssi! Please assist Dara-ssi to the chair,” she snapped her fingers and a small lady appeared. “ And you little Jiyoung,” she pulled the guy out the curtains. “ go with Sohee and pick clothes that would fit Dara,” she instructed.

“ But why Sohee?” but it was too late for Bom to ask as she went away.

 

Jiyoung was sat at the couch outside, as a staff called for Sohee.

He wasn’t sure if he was ready to meet her; not sure if his heart is going to be okay.

“ Jiyoung-ssi,” he heard her musical voice. He looked up and saw the person who was supposedly the better half of him.