21

It Hurts

 

The sea breeze was cold, but everyone was gathered at a bonfire just outside the site of their bed and breakfast. All of the students were in a circle. Seungri and Seunghyun were between Jiyoung and Taeyang as the two haven’t been talking with each other for the past few days of camp. It was the last night and their supervisor had something in mind.

 

“Alright everyone, today is our last night and we’re going to end it with a bang, okay?” the supervisor tried to sound as enthusiastic as he could as the teenagers groaned in agreement.

Small pieces of paper were passed around.

 

“Now, you guys write anything that you want to get rid off—anything that burdens your heart and you want it to disappear. After writing, you may throw it to the fire and let it burn.”

Jiyoung and Taeyang caught eyes with each other. Taeyang looked away.

 

Jiyoung wrote on the paper ‘BABO BAEYOUNG’, taking up the whole space and then crumpled it and threw it to the fire, watching it degrade into ashes.

 

“Sorry,” Jiyoung was surprised to see Taeyang by his side. After throwing his folded paper, Taeyang slipped his hands inside his hoodie's pocket. "I didn't mean to bad mouth your girlfriend."

“Yeah, I’m sorry too. I know I was spending a whole lot of time with her and left you guys,” Jiyoung turned to Taeyang. He looked at the ridiculous bandana tied on his hair and flicked it off.

 

Taeyang’s eyes looked like they were tearing up, but he hugged Jiyoung before it could fall.

“I missed you, you careless leader!” he said, slapping Jiyoung’s back.

And then the rest of Big Bang formed a group hug. Well, except Seunghyun.

 

That night, Jiyoung talked about Sandara. All the events, how he almost lost her to Kim Jaejoong and about her confession.

Jiyoung promised to let the gang meet Dara.

 

“Hey hyung, has this Dara met your mom yet?” Seungri asked while he and Jiyoung washed the dishes.

Oh yeah. Jiyoung’s mother. Monster.



 

Yay, Jiyoung’s mom comes into the scene! I picked his mom to be Gummy. Will she be nice or rude? We’ll see~