15

It Hurts

 

please, don't kill me.



 

“I love you enough to let you go,” he smiled wryly, but felt happy for her.

 

She fell silent for a while as her mind absorbed everything he said.

 

The sun was halfway down and the moon was already visible in the purple side of the sky.

 

Dara returned her gaze to Jaejoong whose eyes were conveying messages of longing and love, and also of letting go.

“I’m sorry,” her eyes were filled with tears that won’t trickle down her cheeks until she scrunched her eyes close and hugged Jaejoong.

“Shh,” he caressed her hair comfortingly. “ I understand, I understand,”

 

How did this happen? Jaejoong was the person she had been longing for and now--- now that he’s here and everything was okay, how come she rejected his love? Things change, but her love for Jaejoong as a brother will remain.

 

“Thank you,” she managed to say through a paroxysm of sniffs and hiccups.

“Yeah.” His heart felt a bit lighter. “ I hope this Jiyoung guy won’t make me regret letting you go. If he hurts you or even makes you drop a single tear, I’ll rip his throat out,” he threatened and he was dead serious.

Dara giggled and thanked Jajeoong one more time.

She was so grateful for this guy who really did love her.

 

As he drove her home, they had a light atmosphere inside his car. The tension was over now.

Jaejoong parked his car in front of her house.

 

“I’m very thankful, Jaejoong!”

“Sandara,” he shifted uneasily in his seat as he removed his seatbelt.

“Mmm?” she tilted her head to the side.

 

“One last kiss,” he mumbled and quickly leaned in.

She was surprised and was still shocked when their lips parted.

Jaejoong looked down and bit his lip in embarrassment.

How come their first would be their last?

 

Her frail fingers touched her lips as she stared blankly.

“Sorry,” Jaejoong managed to say, but he obviously didn’t regret it.