18

It Hurts

 

“Dara, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Her soft eyes widened and turned to look at the flushed young man who looked deeply into her eyes.

Jiyoung bit his lower lip. Though embarrassing, he almost felt like he would pee anytime in his pants. His heart was beating fast, it felt like it can’t be caught; his sweat glands seemed to feel it as well. His tightly clasped hands started to sweat and he realized he looked like he was begging her so he unclasped it and wiped it on his trousers.

“I thought I’m already you’re friend,” Sandara’s head tilted to the side, confused.

After hearing her words, Jiyoung burst out laughing, completely ignorant of the pouting Sandara.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, but he continued on with his lunatic explosion of laughter. He usually didn’t laugh for such a long period of time, but he couldn’t help it; it somehow relieved the nervousness he was feeling. Besides, he couldn’t stop now.

 

Dara, on the other hand, felt offended; it was as if she was a fool and asked a question dumb enough for Jiyoung to laugh out this loud.

Her face felt hot and she stood up, determined to march home right away.

“Hey, wait!” Jiyoung grabbed her wrist. The skin contact made her even more annoyed.

He stood up and lightly grabbed her shoulders, turning her body to face her. Dara’s brows were scrunched and she kept her eyes down, a grimace on her doll face.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he titled her chin up so he could fully see her face.

Instead of answering, she let her eyes do the talking. She snubbed him and looked away, at the nearby cherry tree.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to laugh that long...” Jiyoung began, biting his lips, trying to suppress a mocking smile.

She trailed her eyes back to his, admiring how pleasant they looked back at her.

“I meant something more than friends, Sandara,” Jiyoung was surprised at his own calm voice, confessing the feelings he had been keeping.

“Lovers?” Jiyoung noticed a faint red swiftly cover her cheeks. He was flattered.

“Yes, if that’s what you want to call it,” he flashed a pleasant smile at her and slowly reached for her hand and intertwined it with his.

“I’d love to,” Sandara lightly squeezed his hand and shot her eyes to his. 

 



 

oh my gosh guys, I'm so sorry~ *evil-author's explanation* Just when I thought I'd be able to upload, my aunt came to visit and she took me to every single shop in the mall just to buy clothes. She took me everywhere, leaving me exhausted for the past few days. 

I'd like to thank all of you people for waiting! Saranghae~  you peoples are awesome! IH is about to reach a hundred subcribers! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Also, this chapter is shortened; I'll upload the next one in a couple of days!