22

It Hurts

 

Dara fidgeted uncomfortably as she walked the pathway towards Jiyoung’s house. But he held her hand, and that brought comfort.

The couple stood before the door as Jiyoung took a peek at his princess, taking note of how nervous she looked.

She looks cute even if she’s a hella lot nervous, he thought, biting his lower lip to prevent a smile.

                                                    

“Are you ready Dara-yah?” he asked, drawing circles at the back of her hand with his thumb.

Dara gulped before looking down on her dress, straightening out a wrinkle that wasn’t there before stiffly nodding at Jiyoung.

“Don’t worry, you’re perfect.” He smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead before opening the door.

 

The Kwon residence was of normal size, large enough to room Kwon Jiyeon, Kwon Dongwook, and Jiyoung along with his pet. The aroma of newly baked cookies wafted around the living room as Jiyoung led Dara to take a sit on the couch.

“I’ll be back.” He said before jogging off to the kitchen.

Dara placed her hands on her lap as her eyes wandered around, looking at the pictures of Jiyoung by the coffee table. She picked one up, giggling at the chubby mini Jiyoung. As she put it down, another frame caught her eyes. It was Jiyoung in fifth grade, wearing a scarf on his head and black oversized clothes, posing like some gangster with little Taeyang and Daesung. The other one was a family picture when Jiyoung had won the school race, holding up the gold medal, his parents on either side of him smiling proudly.

She couldn’t help but be a little envious of Jiyoung’s childhood. She too wished that her childhood was as colorful as his was. And that she knew who her parents were.

 

Dara was in a trance, thinking of her parents when Jiyoung came with his mom in the living room. Immediately, she stood up and bowed ninety degrees while Mrs. Kwon just nodded and took the seat opposite DaraGon.

Kwon Jiyeon is a strict woman, bringing up her one and only Jiyoung the way he was now; hardworking and courteous. She was also the reason why Jiyoung remained single (except the time with Sohee). Girls were afraid of the woman’s hawk eyes. But those eyes weren’t set today as Ji pleaded for her to be extra nice since Dara was not like the other girls he got into.

 

So Mrs.Kwon sat aright with her legs crossed, taking a sip of tea as she studied the girl in front of her.

 

Ah, my son definitely has taste. She remarked, looking at Dara’s tiny pretty face and milky white skin. But she’s short. I want tall grandchildren... her thoughts wandered.

 

“Uh, annyeonghasaeyo,” Dara started, taking the attention of Mrs. Kwon. “I am Park Sandara, your son’s current girlfriend.” She introduced herself. “It’s a pleasure to meet you ma’am.”

Mrs.Kwon noted the girls respect, but she was just too timid.

“Yes, yes, I’ve hear about you countless of times. Jiyoung seems to never get tired talking about you.” She said, putting her cup down.

Jiyoung shot her a pleading look of please-don’t-embarrass-me.

 

“May I know a little a bit your background, dear?” Mrs. Kwon’s words were soft, but they were surely searching for answers.

“Um, I live by the hill with my friend Donghae. He-“

“You live with a male?” Ji’s mother immediately retorts.

“Ah ne. We’ve been friends for a long time and I treat him as a real oppa.”

“So you’re not related.” It wasn’t a question.

“Yes ma’am.” Dara answered as she would towards a teacher. Mrs. Kwon relaxed on her seat but kept her gaze fixed on the girl before her.

“You say that you’re my son’s girlfriend and yet you live under a roof with a male who isn’t even your relative. Tell me Dara-ssi, how is that?”

“Mom, Donghae is just her oppa. Nothing more nothing less.” Jiyoung interrupted.

“Mrs. Kwon, with all due respect, what I feel for your son is not a joke. I truly do love him and I wouldn’t anyone else but him. Please don’t doubt my intentions.” Jiyoung looked at Dara as she talked to his mom with pure intentions.

The three people in the living room remained quiet, waiting for Mrs. Kwon to talk.

The seconds drag on and finally Mrs. Kwon clasped her fingers together, a smile plastered on her face as she looked at the youngsters each in the eye. Jiyoung gulped.

“Well then, if you really love my son, have you even considered marrying him?” Jiyoung and Dara both gaped at the sudden answer. “I mean, why do you even enter into a relationship? What’s the purpose? Isn’t it to get married?” her eyebrow was slightly arched.

 

Whoa. Thanks for waiting and greetings to my new subscribers <3

 YG family picture! And look who's between DaraGon^^ Wedding, anyone?