1

It Hurts

 

Vacation days have passed and it was time to go back to school. Kwon Jiyong, a college student taking up Psychology, was walking alone in the cold morning. It was autumn, his favorite season.

The auburn and red leaves were falling slowly, covering the ground and his path. The walk did not exhaust him, even though it was an up-and-down hill.

He tucked his chin inside the neck warmer and clasped his hands to keep them warm while a gush of cold wind bit his skin.

There were also elementary students in front of him, walking in groups. They were all giggling, excited for school.

Just then, the children ahead of him suddenly ran away from sight.

He titled his head quizzically and looked at the far right corner of the pavement. There stood a large house, painted in grey. The windows were shattered, patio table overturned, roof tiles were out of place. But the thing that caught his attention was the fire-lit lamp just beside the doorbell.

The door was slightly opened, as if inviting him to come in. Just then a white cat came into view and tilted its head just like he did.

 

Jiyoung decided that it was a waste of time if he just stood there and examine what seemed like a condemned house.

 

Classes that day were the usual routine. Lunch break came and he sat with his group of friends in the cafeteria.

“ Guys, I’ve got a new idea for another gimmick,” Taeyang said with a mouthful of his sandwich. This guy was the type who likes to go on adventures, no matter how silly it sounded.

“ Whatta you got? Whatta you got?” Seungri said excitedly. Being the youngest in their circle, it was understandable that he gets overexcited whenever his hyung proposes a gimmick.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes and drank his milk.

“ Let’s see the haunted house there, by the hill!” Taeyang exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air, as if to make his idea grand.

“ Not, again Taeyang,” Daesung flexed his index finger and shook it. “ The last time we had one of your crazy shenanigans my mum grounded me for a month,”

“ But you’re in college now,” Seungri reasoned.

“ Yeah, but still, he’s a mama’s boy,” Seunghyun said and we broke off into a laugh.

 

While walking to Jiyoung’s locker, Taeyang tailed behind.

“ Please say you’ll go as well,” he clasped his hands together and pleaded.

“ I don’t want to. I have an important quiz to study for,”

“ But if you won’t, the other guys won’t go either. You see, you’re our leader,” Taeyang used a tempting tone with the last word.

“ Shut up, chinky,” Jiyoung closed his locker door and pulled Taeyang’s visor down, covering his eyes.

“ So you’ll go!?”

“ Yeah, whatever,” he muttered and started walking away.

“ See you there at 8!” Taeyang shouted from behind. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

thanks to all those who typed comments and clicked the subscribe button^^ I'm going to update chapter 2 tomorrow :D