Chapter 4 - Back to Work

Shattered Hearts

Chapter 4 - Back to Work


 
After a week, Luhan decided to go back to the mansion. He was feeling better now after he collapsed and was helped by his uncle. He owed his uncle a lot. His uncle left his own resort just to tend Luhan who was burning up. There were no hospitals nor clinics near their place. It will be a two and a half hour travel from their place to the hospital. Fortunately, Luhan's fever went down after three days. 
 
 
He looked at the very big mansion and sighed at the thought that he will work again under Jongin's rules and regulations and probably under Sehun's as well. Well, that guy is the boyfriend and soon to be husband of his young master. And he doesn't care anymore. He's Oh Sehun and NOT Chandeung. 
 
 
He pressed the doorbell button and the ding dong echoed around the house and that made him super nervous. He heard the gate opened and saw one of the five maids. This maid really liked Luhan but Luhan was so stupid that he haven't notice this yet. 
 
 
"Hello, we meet again," Luhan greeted her with a smile. 
 
 
The girl looked down to hide her red cheeks and said, "G-good morning, L-Luhan. Please come inside. Sir Jongin is waiting for y-you."
 
 
Luhan patted her for being so shy and cute whenever they're both alone. He walked inside and walked directly to his room. He arranged his clothes and other stuff before he went to Jongin to show his face to him. He released a sigh once again. 
 
 
Luhan went to Jongin's room. Before he could knock, he heard shouts from the inside. It was Jongin and Sehun fighting. It seems like Sehun wanted to postpone their marriage for how many weeks but Jongin doesn't want to. Luhan was hesitating if he would knock or just leave them alone for now. But before he could answer his question, someone opened the door and it was Sehun. 
 
 
"I-I... didn't kno-," Luhan tried to reason out but Sehun just passed by him like he wasn't there. 
 
 
Jongin was ranting and throwing his stuff anywhere. Luhan stopped Jongin from throwing his things. Good thing Jongin can easily keep his cool. That's one of the things that you'll like about Jongin. Jongin breathed in and out a couple of times and sat down at the end of the bed. He wanted to cry but he doesn't want to show his weakness to anyone. Luhan picked up the things that Jongin threw before he spoke. 
 
 
"Are you now calm, sir?" Luhan asked. 
 
 
Jongin just nodded and pointed at the chair across him gesturing that Luhan should seat down. Luhan obeyed. It was silent for a few minutes. 
 
 
"Why is it always like this?" Jongin started. 
 
 
"Pardon me, sir. But I don't get it," Luhan said. 
 
 
"Why is it always like this? The people I love always leave me. I'm always giving them everything they want. I just don't understand why they leave me in the end."
 
 
Luhan was silent for a second and answered, "Sir, I think it's because they don't want your material things. They want you to repay them back with your love. Money can't buy happiness. Money can't buy true love. I know this because I, myself did experience this kind of situation before."
 
 
Jongin looked at Luhan with a curious look. "Oh really? Can you tell me your story? I want to hear it from you."
 
 
Yes, even though Jongin is bossy and selfish, he always think of his workers. 
 
 
"Uhm, how should I start this? ... It was just a short meeting with a person whom I really don't know. I just met him somewhere but he didn't have a place to live in so I made him stay at my house. Well, I was alone so it was okay. He can't even steal a thing at my home since I'm just poor. He told me that he doesn't want to go back cause he said that he's happy when I'm with him. He'll sacrifice everything just for me. I admit that I fell for him but yeah, he didn't trust me in the end. He left me alone in the dark again without making me explain. The days I've spent with him was my happiness and also at the same time, my pain," Luhan said while holding his tears back. 
 
 
There was once again, silence. Jongin stood up and walked towards Luhan and he hugged him. He patted his back gently. He hummed and Luhan's hair. Jongin smiled and said, 
 
 
"I may not know that guy but he's pretty stupid for leaving you."
 
 
Luhan chuckled. Jongin stood up and said, "I need to buy some new things. I'll leave you here for a while. I'm sorry for making you clean all of my mess."
 
 
Luhan just nodded and he went back to his work. 
 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Ayooo wassuuup? Haha I'm sorry for posting this late. ㅋㅋㅋ I'm currently writing Chapter 8 and editing (lazily) Chapter 6. XD 

So, uhm... Yeah~ Jongin treats Luhan like his real brother even though he despises him for things Luhan didn't intentionally do. He sometimes open to Luhan and vice versaaa~ 

Aaand~ Sehun's baaack! Wooohooo~ Parteh! Parteh! Haha But he was pissed off because Jongin wants to continue his marriage. What's the reason of Sehun postponing his marriage to Jongin? Hmmm~ I wonder? Do you guys know? Yes? No? Cause I don't. XD Hihihi~ 
 
Please comment and probably subscribe. XD 
 
Next! Chapter 5 - They Talked Once Again
 
-COLDCITYPRINCESS