Chapter 16 - The House of the Zhang's

Shattered Hearts

Luhan was in front of his new house in China, gaping at it and was struck in awe. A mall? A tourist spot? A convention hall? Luhan thought. He just can't believe that he's going to be living in that house no, mansion. While he was in awe, he felt a warm hand holding his and when he turned, he saw his mother smiling at him and he smiled back. 

"Let's go?" Mei asked.

Luhan nodded. 

They went towards the mansion and Luhan can feel that his legs were wobbling and he was so nervous. While they were inside the mansion, there were three maids who bowed to them and welcomed them. A maid approached Luhan and carried his luggage. 

"Uhm, excuse me, but I don't want you to carry this. It's heavy," Luhan said. 

The maid smiled and said, "I'm Fei and these are Suzy and Jia."

Suzy and Jia bowed to him again. 

Luhan bowed to them and said, "Hi, I'm Luhan. Please take care of me." 

The three maids giggled and Luhan sighed in relief. He was relieved that at least he will have some people to talk to knowing that his mother is busy working. His mother told him that she was leaving for work and now, it's just him and the three maids. 

They toured Luhan around the big house and they went to Luhan's room. His room was as big as his house back in Korea. He went down on his knees and cried. The three maids panicked. 

"W-why are y-you crying, Sir L-Luhan?" Suzy panicked. 

Luhan shook his head and immediately wiped his tears. "Don't call me Sir. Just call me Luhan." 

"But S-sir..." 

He looked up to them. "Suzy, Jia and Fei, I don't want you guys to treat me as someone who's higher than you guys. We were once the same. I was once a butler. I want you guys to be my friends. Do you understand?" 

The three maids nodded. They talked for hours and Luhan learned that Jia, Fei and Suzy are his maids. They're not the cook nor the cleaners of the house. They're just his maids. Luhan's words are their law. But Luhan decided to make them his friends. He'll treat them as his equal. He doesn't want to be like Jongin. 

He almost forgot about Sehun, to be honest. Ever since he kept on talking to his personal maids or what he called, friends, he almost forgot his past. A past that he wants to forget. A past that he wants to bury deep down his mind and heart. He doesn't want to feel the pain again. He wants to get stronger. He wants revenge. 

~O~

Luhan was lying down on his bed while playing his rubiks cube. The three maids made their way to wash all Luhan's clothes. He was alone and anxious but he knew that these people can be trusted. He sighed and placed the rubiks cube on the bedside table. 

I need to forget my past, Luhan thought before he drifted off to sleep.