Chapter 19 - Offer

Shattered Hearts

"Luhan! Wake up. Mom's coming home soon and she said that we should be ready before she arrives, remember?" Lay said softly while waking up Luhan. 

Luhan didn't stir at all. He was like a log. Lay did everything - pouring him cold water even pulling out the blankets but no, Luhan was still sleeping. 

"Luhan, if you're not going wake up, I will pour hot water on your baby face!" Lay threatened but unfortunately, there was no response.

Lay sighed in defeat. "All right. H-hyung... Wake up now. Please."

Luhan stirred a little and slowly opened his eyes. "Ngh. What did you just say?"

"N-Nothing. I said nothing," Lay shyly.

Luhan sat up and chuckled while patting his saeng's shoulder. "You're so cute." Lay blushed and immediately went to the living room.

With that, Luhan took a bath and dressed nicely. He went to the living room and sat down beside Lay who was playing Flappy Bird on his phone. 

"So, when will mom arrive?" Luhan asked casually.

Lay stopped playing with his phone and stayed quiet for a while. Luhan looked at him with confused eyes. Lay, on the other hand, looked at Luhan with a do-you-really-want-to-die-don't-you glare. 

"You... You heard everything I said and didn't even budge. I poured you cold water and still, you didn't budge. I woke up early in the morning to wake you up and you didn't budge. You. Didn't. Budge. Are you really that heartless?!" Lay said with an annoyed tone.

Luhan bit his lower lip to restrain himself from laughing at his really cute brother. Yes, Luhan knew that Lay woke up around six in the morning to take a shower and to wake him up and now, it's eight ten. That's a lot of effort, if I must say. 

"Ah... Eh... Hehehe... I'm sorry. I just wanted you to call me hyung," Luhan said as an excuse. 

"You just wanted to be called HYUNG?! Oh my, what a way. If you're not my HYUNG, I will really strangle you!" Lay said while he was about to jump on Luhan. But fortunately for Luhan, someone interrupted. 

"Who will strangle who?" Mei, their mother, shouted from the kitchen while putting some plastic bags on the counter.

Luhan looked at Lay and smirked. Lay, then shouted, "No one, mom!"

"Oh. Okay. That's what I heard."

Luhan quickly stood up and went to the kitchen. He saw her cooking so he just sat down and looked at his mother. A moment later, Lay joined him watch their mother cook. After she finished cooking, she prepared the table and served them the food. They didn't eat in the dining table since they are too lazy to stand up and walk and since there's a table and chairs inside the kitchen, they just ate there. 

"Mom, it's Sunday, what are you doing here?" Lay asked while munching his food. 

"Dear, don't talk when your mouth is full," Mei reminded. "I just want to go somewhere and you two should accompany me. Is that okay?"

"We don't have a choice, do we? Fine. We will go. But where is it?" Lay answered.

"That's a secret," Mei said and winked. 

Luhan winced at the sudden action. He never thought that his mom is... like that. He thought that she was the formal type of a mom but he was wrong. His mom acts like she's a teenager who is single for years.

After eating and washing the dishes, they went out. Their mom was driving to a street Lay was familiar with.

"Mom, isn't this...?" Lay can't finish his question because he, himself was shock.

"Yes, dear. And Luhan?" 

"Hmmm?"

"You really love numbers, right?"

"Yeah. Why'd you ask?"

"Say, do you want to go to school here?"

After Mei asked that question, the car stopped and when Luhan looked outside the window, he saw a school; it was a very big and wide school. His eyes dazzled of excitement. Luhan turned again to his mother. 

"Do you really need to ask that?! Of course!" Luhan exclaimed.

Mei sighed in relief and just Lay smiled.

"That's settled then. You'll go to school tomorrow," Mei announced and started driving again. 

Luhan nodded then stopped. His eyes widened. "Wait, what?! Tomorrow?!"

Lay laughed his out. Mei answered, "Yes. That's why I was a little late a while ago. I thought that it was hard transferring you in that school but with your grades that was higher than the Eiffel Tower, you just got a VIP access there!"

Lay laughed again together with their mom. Luhan wanted to cry but he can't since he, himself was a bit excited too. He can't believe that he will be studying in the school which he thought that he can't and will never be a student of.

Tomorrow is a much forward day now.


A UT H O R ' S   N O T E

Hi. So, last night, we had a blackout so I finished three chapters and I'm currently writing the fourth and bla bla bla. Hahaha I hope that you will look forward to this! :) 

Please do COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE and UPVOTE! But I really prefer if you guys will COMMENT. ;)

 

XOXO, 

COLDCITYPRINCESS <3