Chapter 14 - Mother

Shattered Hearts

"Luhan..." 

Luhan's eyes widened and took a step back before asking her, 

"I'm sorry but who are you?" 

The woman looked down, "I know that I don't have the right but I am... your mother." 

Luhan was lost of words. His mother? He thought she was dead. So, she left him for who? Another man? Luhan was shocked and confused. He doesn't know if he'll be happy that his mother finally showed up or he'll be mad that his mother just showed up now after how many years. 

"I'm sorry, who? My mother? I'm sorry but my mother is dead," Luhan said softly. 

The woman shook her head, "No, Luhan. I am your mother. My name is Mei Lu-Zhang."

"If you're my mother, might as well answer these questions, why are you here? Why did you finally show up? Why did you leave me alone?" 

"I'm here to get you, dear. No, I didn't leave you alone, your uncle was here, right? I left you in his arms. The reason why I left is I was working hard for you. For us. I don't want you to live in this hell anymore. I'm sorry if you thought that I left you. I can never do that. You were still a baby when your father died and when I left you because I got a job in London and that was to be a janitress. I didn't hesitate to get it and immediately went there. A year that I was there, I met a man who pretended to be a janitor in the company I worked to. 

I fell in love with him and when he proposed to me and after I said yes, he told me the truth. He was scared that I may reject him or something."

"What truth?" Luhan asked. 

"The truth that he was actually the heir of the company that I was working and is still the heir of twenty more companies around the world and 50 mini companies and I was so oblivious of that. I cried when he told me that. He said that he'll never let me go because I loved him for himself and not because he was the CEO of some sort. We had a child named Zhang Yi Xing." His mother explained. 

Luhan teared up and hugged his mother. The 'I miss you' was his mantra. Luhan broke the hug first. 

"I still hate you, you know."

"I know but you're my son, you'll forgive me easily," Mei smiled. 

Luhan can't help but smile. He can't do anything about it anymore. His mother left him for a reason and a dream and now, her dream came true and she was now ready to take Luhan back. She was not a ty mother as what Luhan expected her to be. 

"Let's go!" Mei said while getting his son's luggage. 

"Where are we going?"

"Home in China," Mei answered. 

"I thought you live in London."

"Yes, but we also have a house in China. It's complicated, you know. I just can't wait to see you with your younger stepbrother." 

Luhan was out of words once again. His mother can really make him speechless.