Chapter 22 - New Friends

Shattered Hearts

The next day, Luhan was woken up by his phone. It kept ringing and ringing. It was a call and Luhan answered it.

"H-hello?" Luhan said groggily while rubbing his eyes cutely. 

"GOOD MORNING, LUHAN! RISE AND SHINE!" the person on the other line shouted.

Luhan distanced his ear from the phone to avoid deafness. "Yah, you don't need to shout, Chanyeol."

"But, if I didn't, you will sleep again, right? Stand up, take a bath and get ready to go to school, sleepyhead!"

"Why? Are you waiting for me?" Luhan asked. 

"Not just me, you know. Okay, see you later! Bye." Chanyeol ended the call. 

Luhan furrowed his brows. Not just him? He wondered. Luhan took a bath and changed to his uniform. He went down and saw Lay who was playing on his phone in the dining area.

"Good morning, Luhan," Suzy greeted. 

"Good morning," Luhan said. 

"Shall we go now?" Lay asked as he stood up while Luhan was about to sit down. 

"Are you dumb or what? I just sat down, meaning, I will eat breakfast first."

"Take your time, Luhan hyung," Lay teased and went to the living room. 

Luhan almost choked on his food because of Lay's tease. He continued eating and after that, he brushed his teeth. He got his bag and walked to where Lay was. Lay stood up and both of them went inside the car. Lay was busy with his phone and Luhan leaned on the window. 

"Oh yeah, you don't have friends in school yet, right?" Lay suddenly asked. 

Luhan sighed. "Yeah, I was too focused in studying yesterday that I didn't give a damn to my surroundings. Why?" asked Luhan.

"Okay. I guess I will introduce to you my friends. Most of them are in their senior years just like you," Lay said.

"That's cool. But is that okay for you?" Luhan asked hesitantly. 

"No," Lay said sternly while glaring at Luhan. 

Luhan gulped. 

Lay laughed and said, "I was just joking. Of course, it's okay! It's not like I'll die if both of us have the same friends, right?"

Luhan smiled awkwardly. "Uh yeah, I guess so."

They arrived in University of China, their school.

Lay patted Luhan's right shoulder. "See you later in the cafeteria, Luhan hyung," Lay teased again. 

"Okay. But the cafeteria is too big. How could I find you?" Luhan asked. 

"You'll find me," Lay said and winked. 

Lay walked fast so that Luhan couldn't reach to him. Luhan sighed and he immediately went to his classroom.

~O~

It was lunch time and Luhan was walking slowly and hesitantly to the cafeteria. Luhan admitted that he's curious of what kind of friends do Lay have. Were they delinquents or the nerdy kind of people. He wanted to know. When he arrived at the cafeteria, there were a lot of students. He was searching for Lay but he wasn't there. He saw one table that it empty and students didn't dare to sit there and Luhan was oblivious to that. When he sat down, all eyes were at him - scared and terrified. 

"What do you think you're doing? Sitting casually on our table?" a stern voice from the back of Luhan said.

Luhan stiffened. "I-I'm sorry. I'll t-transfer s-seats now," Luhan stuttered.

When Luhan, not even looking at them, stood up, the guys laughed. Luhan turned around and saw Lay and his friends laughing. He blushed from embarrassment. 

"What the hell, Lay?" 

Lay, who was continuing laughing said, "I'm sorry, hyung. It's just that, you're so cute when you're scared. I was just kidding. You can sit down here from now on."

Lay and his friends sat down and were looking at Luhan. "Now, I will introduce you to my friends, hyung."

"Hi, Lu. Remember me? If not, the name's Kris, the son of the principal," Kris said. 

"Hello, my name is Xiumin and I'm a senior like you."

"Hi. I'm the troll of the group. I'm Chen, same year and class with Lay."

"And I'm Chanyeol," he said, grinning at the back of Luhan.

"Oh, Chanyeol. You're here," Luhan smiled. "Nice to meet you everyone. Please take care of me from now on."

"No need to be so formal with us, hyung. They're your friends now, you know," Lay said. 

Luhan just nodded.