Chapter 14

The chauffeur and the arrogant princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The train arrived just in time after Chanyeol finished buying the ticket. They both then boarded the train and searched for their seat. “Here’s our seat...After you...” he said. Sohee took the seat near the window while Chanyeol sat next to her. “And here’s your coffee...” he said as he handed her the coffee he bought earlier.

Sohee took the cup and thanked him, taking a sip of her espresso.  “Chanyeol sshi..” she called him and turned to face him. Chanyeol hummed a bit and faced her. “You said you had an important matter to settle in Busan later...”

Chanyeol nodded a bit. “May I ask what it is?” she continued. Sohee was hesitating whether or not to ask him that question, but since she was so curious to know, she had no choice but to ask him directly. Chanyeol paused for a moment, and turned to face the front. “I was trying to look for my father.” He simply answered her.

“He’s in Busan?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “I don’t know where he is to be honest. But there’s a person in Busan that might know where he is right now, so that’s why I decided to go there.” He replied, looking down. Chanyeol then took a deep breath and released it again. He then told her that when he was still a baby, his father left them; his mother, sister and him. For what reason, he said that his mother never told him about it. He never knew how his father looks like because there’s no photo of him. Everytime he asked about his father, his mom will ignore it and begged him to stop asking about his father. “Noona was 3 years old when he left us. My mom never want to talk about him even when I ask.” He told her.  He then continued by assuming that his father might have done something wrong, that’s why he wants to look for him.

“I hate him for abandoning us... As much as my mom hates him, I hate him more...”

“Why did you want to find him then?  ”Sohee questioned. “Because I want to know why he left us. No matter how much I think about it, there must be a reason for his action.”

Chanyeol then slowly turned to face her and beamed slightly.

“You are so positive Chanyeol. But I think you are doing it right...” she praised him.

And then both of them ended the conversation. Chanyeol kept quiet, so do Sohee.

After about 3 hours, they finally arrived in Busan. “Sohee shi. Wake up. We’re here...” Chanyeol woke her up. He shook her shoulder gently. Slowly, Sohee began to open her eyelids. “We’re here already? I feel like I just fell asleep.” Chanyeol chuckled. “Nope, you’d been sleeping for 2 hours...” He informed her as the two got off the train.

“Let’s go and find a taxi...” he said. As they were making their way out of the station to find a taxi, Sohee’s stomach suddenly made a growling sound, causing Chanyeol to stop pacing.

“I think it’s better if we find some place to eat first.” He suggested. “No, its okay...Lets settle your matter first.” Sohee refused. “Are you sure you are okay?” he asked again. Sohee nodded to assure him. But just when they were about to walk again, Sohee’s stomach made another growling sound. “On second thought, since my stomach is throwing tantrum, let’s go and eat first...” Sohee finally decided. Chanyeol merely smiled and agreed. Instead of finding a taxi, they walked while trying to find a place to eat. “Where do you want to eat sohee sshi...?” he asked.

“I don’t care...You choose. It doesn’t have to be anything expensive. Just a simple place to eat will do.” Sohee informed him. A grin spread across Chanyeol’s face. “You know, you are not as bad as what they said you are.”

Sohee scoffed. “They were right though. I used to be a .” Chanyeol was surprised to hear the word coming from her own mouth. “You are not a sohee sshi..”

“You don’t know me Chanyeol. You are the first chauffeur that lasted this long. The previous one only lasted for the most, 2 months.” Chanyeol then asked her why she didn’t fire him. “I didn’t fire all of them. They walked away. I only fired that one bastard who almost caused an accident. They didn’t like me and most importantly, they are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter