Chapter 5

The chauffeur and the arrogant princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey there, Sohee-ah...” Myungsoo greeted as soon as Sohee got off the car. He leaned closer and gave Sohee a slight hug. Myungsoo’s attention then turned towards the tall guy standing right beside his fiancé. “You must be Chanyeol, her new chauffeur...” He said. Chanyeol bowed.

“Let’s go shall we?” Sohee slipped her arm against Myungsoo’s arm and the two walked together towards the main entrance. Chanyeol followed them from behind.

“When we arrived, don’t stick with me. Go have some champagne or something.”

He remembered Sohee’s words earlier in the car. Chanyeol walked into the grand ballroom. He dragged himself towards an empty table and indulged himself with a glass of champagne, while observing his surroundings. As he was looking, his attention stopped towards a familiar face. She was smiling slightly while conversing with the other guest. Her arms are still slipped against her fiancé's. 

Suddenly, a girl dressed in emerald coloured dress approached Chanyeol. “You don’t seem familiar...” She said. Chanyeol flashed a smile. “I don’t really come to this kind of event...” He answered. “Mysterious...” she answered short.

“I’m Tiffany and you are?”

“Chanyeol...Miss Kim Sohee’s chauffeur...” he introduced himself.

“Ahh, you are the new chauffeur. Didn’t expect you to be this young and good looking too...”

Tiffany turned to look towards Sohee. “She is hard to please, right?”

Chanyeol hummed slightly. “Hard, but interesting too.”

“Interesting?” she scoffed. “Anyway, nice to meet you, Chanyeol. Hope to see you around...” she said, before she left.

As Chanyeol turned back to look at Sohee, he saw her leaving the ballroom. He took another glass of champagne and went to follow her. “Leaving so soon?”

Sohee spun her head. “I told you not to follow me around.”

“Take this...” He handed her the glass. “Thank you..”

“Why are you out here?”

Sohee didn’t immediately answer. She paused for a moment and turned to look at chanyeol. “It isn’t fun... The music is too slow, can’t dance. And they keep saying the same bull over and over again. The only things these people ever talked about, is business, business and business.” She complained.

“Why can’t it be about, kpop idols or fashion or even food.” She took a sip of her drink.

“Yah, why am I the only one complaining? Speak something or at least reply me when I talked. I feel like talking to myself...” She whined.

“I have nothing to complain.” He answered. “This isn’t my kind of stuff too.” He said, taking the empty seat next to her.

And then there was a silence. Chanyeol turned to look at the sudden quiet Sohee. He followed her gaze and saw that she was looking at her fiancé who is inside the ballroom. He was talking to other girl. Again, he turned to face her. There was a slight disappointment written all over her face.

Sohee sighed and then she finished off her drink. “Get me another glass or two, then let’s go home.” She told her. Chanyeol frowned. “Are you trying to get yourself drunk tonight?” he asked. Sohee looked at him. “So what if i’m drunk? You are the one driving” she said. She looked down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter