Chapter 4

The chauffeur and the arrogant princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here...” Chanyeol handed her a beverage can. “It’s okay...” She said. Chanyeol sighed. “ahh, you don’t drink anything below $10..” he said.

Sohee glared at him. “What? It’s true though. I can’t afford to buy anything at the cafe just now. Everything was overpriced.”

“Ohh, that’s why you didn’t buy any food just now.” She finally understood. “It’s not that I don’t want that drink. I dislike sour thing.” She said. Chanyeol looked down at the can.

Lemon.

“Here, have mine. It’s Strawberry. Or, did you not like sweet things too?” Sohee looked up and took the can from him. “Anyway, why did you did that just now?” he questioned her. Sohee turned to face him. “Did what?”

“Well, you told my mom to take that medicine, which she did. I wonder why she straight away takes the medicine when you told her but not when I told her.”

Sohee chuckled a bit, causing Chanyeol to face her. And then she kept quiet, staring blankly at the sky. “Take good care of her, so you wouldn’t regret it later.” She said, not answering his question. Chanyeol stared at her for a moment. He wanted to ask her what she meant by that, but he knew very well she wouldn’t want to answer that. “Let’s go home. I’m tired.” She uttered as she got off the bench and walked away.

....

“Myungsoo wants you to be his for President Kim charity event tonight.” Sohee’s dad told her. “I know. He had already told me...” she answered brief as she took a bite of her food. “Sohee-ah...I want this marriage...to go well...” he informed her. Sohee looked up. “And sooner...”

Sohee looked down again, not wanting to meet his gaze. “So you could get rid of me quickly? Or so you could get the deal fast? It is either one right?” she asked still avoiding his eyes. ‘Sohee, you know...”

“I know... This marriage is important to you and the sooner I get married to Myungsoo the better. I know very well father...” She cut him off. “Good Morning dad, Sohee..” Minseok appeared suddenly. “Why are you guys talking about marriage early in the morning?” he asked. “It’s not marriage, its business...” Sohee responded.

Minseok looked at her sister. “Father, Sohee can’t marry if i’m not married yet...” He informed. Just then, Sohee’s stepmother came. “Good Morning everyone. Ahh it’s so good to have everyone in one table.” She said as she took the seat opposite to Sohee. “I’m done...” Sohee said and as she was about to stand up, something suddenly caught her attention. “Hana-sshi... What are you wearing?” she said, pointing towards her neck. Hana touched her pearl diamond necklace and hesitated for a moment.

“Sohee-ah...”

“Dad, why the heck is she wearing mom’s necklace?” Sohee asked turning her attention towards the old man. Her voice was raised slightly. Her dad didn’t answer her. “WHY DAD!?” she raised her voice. “Sohee-ah, calm down...” Minseok tried to calm his sister.

“How could you do that to her?” she uttered. Sohee quickly dashed out of the dining room, feeling devastated. She went outside and found chanyeol waiting for her. “Take me anywher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter