Beautiful..yet sad

HOW TO LOVE

Before Soorin could even answer Myungsoo, she was drove to an unknown destination by him. While Soorin was having wild thoughts on where Myungsoo might bring her, Myungsoo interrupted her reverie.


"Pabo, what are you thinking?" Myungsoo asked curiously, eyes still fixated on the road. "I am just wonder-" Before Soorin could finish her sentence, Myungsoo suddenly stepped on the brakes. Turning her attention from the window, Soorin stared at Myungsoo weirdly. "I lost focus, sorry, what were u saying?" Myungsoo scratched his neck awkwardly as he muttered. "I lost memory on what I was going to say too." Soorin joked. Myungsoo was so embarrassed that he decided to stay silent for the rest of the drive.


The car drove for some time before stopping in front of a beautiful mansion.


"Erm w-we are here. Get down the car. It's my house." Myungsoo parked his car nicely and came out of the car while opening the door for Soorin. "Well.. At least this guy got some manners.."Soorin thought.


"Wow this is..beautiful!" Soorin stared at the huge door that looked so grand and classy. She stood rooted by the car as she was so astonished by how Myungsoo's house is so elegant when her house is just....like the difference between heaven and earth. Nevertheless, it is still her home and she will love it no matter what. Thinking of it, Soorin frowned unknowingly. Just when Myungsoo was going to open the door, he realized how Soorin was standing by the car daydreaming with a frown on her face. Myungsoo then coughed and walked backwards to drag Soorin with him.


Swinging the door open, both Myungsoo and Soorin stepped inside. "Mum, I brought a friend home! And..we are heading to the rooftop!" Myungsoo told his mum before heading to the stairs. Soorin snapped out of her daze and immediately bowed politely.


"Ahnyeongsaeyo eomeonim, I am Soorin, Myungsoo's friend! Sorry to disturb you.." Soorin introduced herself mannerly as she bowed to Myungsoo's mum.


"Ahh, a pretty girl huh?" Myungsoo's mum winked and looked at Soorin when she came out from the kitchen. Taking off her apron, Mrs Kim said while smiling, "This is the first time Myungsoo brought a girl home, you must be special." She glanced at Myungsoo before she ended her sentence.


Myungsoo looked away shyly and pulled Soorin up the stairs. "Aishh.. Why did eomma even say that....." Myungsoo mumbled.


As they headed up the stairs, Soorin couldn't help but to notice some childhood photos of Myungsoo. She accidentally laughed at a photo where Myungsoo was posing like some super model. Realizing what she did, she immediately cupped .


Myungsoo turned his head and sneered at Soorin, making her stop laughing. Soorin then kept her poker face as she followed Myungsoo.


"Here's the rooftop. I brought you here so that we can take some photos. It is really beautiful here. I kinda..come up here often." Myungsoo tried to hide his sadness while saying it.


Actually, Myungsoo always came here when his parents quarrel or he has problems. He doesn't have a happy family either. His dad was too busy to even come back home or even call him and his mum once.


Soorin sensed the bitterness in Myungsoo's voice and she tilted her head while trying to catch a glimpse of Myungsoo's face. She noticed Myungsoo's teary eyes and wanted to ask what's wrong but she resisted. She did not know how to ask him. With hesitation, she gently patted his back as they sat on the wooden floor.


It was dead silence until Myungsoo suddenly spoke up. "I'm sorry, I kinda got carried away. Let's start taking photos. I know you need help in the photo contest." Myungsoo said softly as he tried avoiding having eye contact with Soorin.


Pushing herself up from the floor, Soorin took out her camera from her bag and snapped a few photos of the breathtaking night sky. Leaning on the railing, soorin exclaimed, "I really love the night sky...it makes me feel extremely peaceful inside. Myungsoo, don't you think so too?" She smiled brightly while facing Myungsoo. Myungsoo looked up from the floor upon hearing Soorin say that. A little stunned by Soorin's smile, Myungsoo nodded slowly.


That smile melted Myungsoo. He didn't know why he felt warmth in his heart out of a sudden. Maybe because he was feeling emotional earlier, that smile just made him feel better. How he wished he could come up here with Soorin everyday.


Joining in, Myungsoo also took out his camera as they snapped more photos of the scenery. He secretly took a picture of Soorin when she was too engrossed with her camera.


The stars shone brilliantly like diamonds in the sky. The sky was so clear that the moon could be seen clearly above their head.


Soorin looked around and felt like it was a good time to ask a question so she took her chance. "So....Myungsoo, why was you so sad just now?" Soorin asked Myungsoo suddenly that he was caught off guard. Sighing, Myungsoo hesitated before speaking. He has never spoken to anyone about his problems before and he did not know if he should say it. He was always afraid that he might burden people with him problems instead so he chose to keep it to himself. As though reading Myungsoo's mind, Soorin spoke quietly, "It's okay Myungsoo, just speak your mind. I'll listen. Take your time."


He stared at the wooden floor for awhile before he spoke. "I come here often because of my parents quarrels. My dad doesn't come home often and whenever he does, my mum quarrels with him. I hate it when they quarrel so I come up here to avoid them...." Myungsoo swallowed hard as he spilled his honest feelings.


Soorin was shocked at what Myungsoo said. She couldn't believe that Myungsoo have such a sad family background. Thinking more about it, maybe that is why he seems so cold sometimes. He didn't receive much love from his parents since they always spend time quarreling with each other instead of caring for him.


"... I am sorry to hear that...." Soorin said sympathetically. "Well, my family ain't that good either. My parents both don't come home as much. I don't even get to see both of them twice a week. I am already used to it." Soorin shrugged.


Myungsoo looked at Soorin with a gentle gaze as he replied, "Looks like we are in the same boat then."


With the warm atmosphere, the sky darkened and it was finally time for Soorin to go home. Even with Soorin's decline, Myungsoo insisted on giving her a ride to her house as it was already late.


On the way to Soorin's home, it was really pin-drop silence in the car. Both of them was thinking of each other's words while silently understanding each other's plight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers^^ update for the day! Mellisa is on vacation so I will be the one updating for the time being xD Thank you for patiently waiting for every update :D please comment and for those who haven't subscribe, please do ^^ LOVE YOU GUYS! Hope you all like today's update kekekekek~ comment juseyo~

Love,

Infinite_saranghae (Hazel)