Mothers

Having Liu As My Last Name

AMBER's POV

 

Krystal Jung is really different from others. I like her attitude towards me. I don't care if she's nice or not to me. All I care is that she's true, showing her true self to me is what matters most. I'm glad that our Science teacher decided to pair us, at least I have a reason now to hang around him.

 

"How's your day, Sir?" Mr. Lim, my personal butler asked when I arrived home.

 

"Great." I replied shortly with a smile. "Is Mom home?"

 

"Yes, she's in her office now." He replied to me. "Actually, she wants to see you." he continued.

 

"For what reason?" I questioned with furrowed brows.

 

 I only get to see my parents during dinner time if they are home. Most of the time, they are busy doing paper works and they don't want to be disturbed. I understand them, if you are managing a huge business empire, you will sure got a lot in your hands. Thousands of people depending on you.

 

"I don't know for what reason at all." He replied and I just nodded my head.

 

I knocked on the door, waited for my Mom to give me a permission to come in. When I had it, I pushed the door open. I saw her sitting behind her desk, reading some files. I greeted her with a smile when she lifted up her head to see me. I kissed her on her cheek and I guess I did something that displeased her because she didn't smile. She usually smile everytime I kissed her.

 

"Sit down."she said to me and I took a seat on the chair in front of her desk.

 

"Do you have something...."

 

"Why did you go to that Arcade station during class hours?"she interrupted me.

 

 I am not surprise about her knowing about it. She hired someone to look out for me.

 

"You even dragged the Jung's youngest daughter with you." she continued.

 

"Our teacher sent us out of class because..." I paused, taking the time to think if I should really tell her the reason.

 

"Because?" she asked with raised left brow and impatience in her voice.

 

"We forgot our homework." I continued as I looked away and leaned back on my chair.

 

"Forgot your homework."she repeated and judging on how the way she said it, I know she didn't believe me."So it is really true."she added and giggled which got me puzzled.

 

"Aren't you mad about it?" I asked her.

 

"I'm not mad but I am disappointed."she replied. "I didn't expect for you to lie because of her."she continued which got me embarrassed.

 

Tsk! Mothers!

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

The thought of being paired with Amber really annoys me. I can't even stand to be around him longer than a minute! How much more working something with him? I think today is my unluckiest day.

 

"What's wrong, honey?" Umma asked when she noticed I let out a deep sigh.

 

"Nothing, Umma." I replied to her and force a smile. We are waiting for Appa and Unnie to join us in our table for our dinner.

 

"You just let out a deep sigh and that's all for nothing?" Umma said with raised brows.

 

I pressed my lips together. Mothers really know well their children.

 

"Well, I have this one classmate." I started. "He annoys me and we had been paired in our Science project."

 

"Well, since you will be working together you should try to get along with him." Umma replied.

 

"He is hard to deal with Umma! He is a jerk, self centered, arrogant and full of ego kind of guy." I said in annoyance but she just laugh on my statement.

 

"He reminded me of your Appa back then." she commented which made me raised my brows. "He was behaving like that to get my attention. Later on, I found out that he liked me."

 

When I heard what Mom said, I remember that Amber did say that he likes me. The thought made me shivered in disgust. Although he is good looking, he is not so my type. I can't stand his attitude.

 

"Get to know him better, Jungie. He might be a good person and will....."

 

"I already have Minho,Umma." I cut her off.

 

"I know, what I want to say is that, that classmate of yours might turn out to be one of your good friend later on." she said  and giggled which made me blushed.

 

I thought she was going to say that Amber and I might end uo together or I will come to like him at the end like what happened to her and Appa.She should not compare our situation to her and Appa for me not to think that way.

 

"What is the name of this boy, anyway?"she asked.

 

"Amber Joseph Liu." I answered in a flat tone of voice.

 

"Is he the only Liu in your school?" Mom questioned.

 

"I think so. He is not Korean and as what I heard, he originally came from America." I answered. Mom nodded her head in understanding. "Why did you ask?"

 

"Nothing." Mom shortly replied. "No wonder that boy behave that way." she mumbled and scoffed.

 

"You sound like you know something about him, Umma."I said to her as I looked at her suspiciously.

 

"He is the son of the owner of SM honey. He is a good boy despite that attitude of his that you told me." Mom statec which got me surprised. "Invite him to come in our house. I like to see that funny boy again."

 

Oh my God! Did I hear her right? Did she just use the adjective funny to describe Amber? Umma might be getting old because I don't find that stupid funny, not even a quark of 'funniness'. That guy is not funny. No, not at all!