Early Morning

Having Liu As My Last Name

AMBER’s POV

 

I envy my cousin Yuri, because unlike me, he can talk and be with Krystal’s sister. I can’t talk to Krystal nor be around her anymore. Dad really doesn’t like her for me and it’s frustrating me. But I need to stay away from her to help her.

 

“Breakfast?” Yuri spoke when I passed by the dining room.

 

He is having a coffee while reading a newspaper. I glance on my watch and realized that I still have enough time left before Krystal arrive in our school. She is always early and I want to get there before she does so we can have some time alone even if we are not talking to each other.

 

“You woke up early today.” I said to Yuri when I settled on the chair opposite to him.

 

“It’s my first day to work in your company.” He answered with a grin.

 

“I don’t think the thought of working in our company is what makes you happy.” I replied and scoffed as I put the pancakes on my plate.

 

“Well, the thought of working with my Sica is what makes me happy.” He answered me with a wider grin. “I am just thankful that Uncle wants me to work in your company.”

 

“Good luck on that.” I said to him before I grab a bite on my pancake.

 

“Thanks!” he replied and chuckled.

 

I ate breakfast with him and with Jackie who later joined us. I went to school after and when I arrive in our classroom, I didn’t expect to see Krystal inside. I can feel her eyes on me when I walk over to my seat. I stop myself from looking back at her and meeting her eyes. The room is filled with silence because it was still the two of us. I settled on my seat and let out a small sigh.

 

“Krys?”

 

We both look at the guy who is standing on the doorway. I know it is not my name but I can’t help myself not to look at the person who is calling her. The guy curved a weak smile to her. I looked away when Krystal walked over to him.

 

“It seems Yuri is the only one who really has a Jung.” I mumbled.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I decided to come earlier today than my usual time to go to school because I know Amber always come there early. I only get disappointed when I arrived in our classroom and see that he is not yet there. I was hoping that we can have a longer time alone this morning and that he would talk to me. What I least expected to happen is what did happen. Minho is the one who came in our classroom and talk to me. We decided to talk outside our classroom.

 

“How are you?” he asked me.

 

“As you can see, I am fine.” I answered him.

 

“I’m glad to hear that.” He replied to me looking relieved.

 

“Aren’t your parents going to get mad about you talking to me?” I asked him.

 

He lightly shook his head and beamed a wide smile. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

 

“They don’t mind anymore. In fact, they were the one who told me that I can talk to you and be with you.”he informed me.

 

I can’t believe what I heard. I can’t help but to wonder what changed their mind. I should be happy about this, but I don’t know why I don’t feel that happiness.

 

“Gosh, I miss you Krys.” Minho remarked and hugged me.

 

It would be rude if I will push him away so I just let him hug me. I somehow miss him too. He pulled back from his hug and look at me happily straight in the eye.

 

“I’ll be attending a party this weekend. My friend is celebrating her birthday so I want you to come with me.” He said to me.

 

“I-I don’t think if I can come Minho.” I answered him.

 

“Of course you can! Our friends will all be there.” He replied.

 

“But…”

 

“No more buts. I want you to come with me this weekend.” He stated and looked at me with expectant eyes.

 

I pause for a moment, taking the time to contemplate. I don’t know if I should come or not. My attention was shifted to Amber who came out from the classroom. The cold look in his eyes made me to stare at him.

 

“Is he going to skip class again?” Minho asked which snapped me out of my thoughts and looked at him. “I heard he always skip your classes.”

 

“No. He doesn’t skip class anymore.” I answered him.

 

“Oh, so I think the rumor about him joining the soccer club is true too.” Minho spoke as he looked at Amber.

 

Well, I never heard of that rumor. I don’t know what’s going on with that guy. He was so passive before and now, out of a sudden, he became this active. He indulged himself in different type of activities.

 

“I will go now. See you around!” Minho said and kissed me on my cheek which caught me off guard.

 

He flashed his charming smile before he left. I find it odd because now, I didn’t like what Minho did. I think I do miss him, but not as my boyfriend. I walked my way back inside our empty classroom. This one piece of paper caught which is folded into two on top of my desk caught my attention. I pick it up and open it to read what is written.

 

‘Your nightmare is slowly turning into a beautiful dream now so I’m expecting for you to smile often.’

 

“Stupid! Why don’t you say these words to me rather than write it?”