Sarcasm

Having Liu As My Last Name

AMBER’s POV

 

I got nowhere to run so I better go with them. I bid my goodbye to Krystal and I know I’m gonna be in trouble.  I saw my Mom waiting for me in our living room. I put on a sweet smile when I see her despite the fierce look in her eyes. I know that she’s mad. She hates it when I sneak out of our house.

 

“Where have you been?” she asked me and I know that she is just concealing her anger inside.

 

“Outside.” I answered her and she glared at me.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you that you are not allowed to go out without any bodyguards with you!” she said slightly raising her voice.

 

“I just want to have fun, Mom.” I answered her.

 

“Fun? Do you find street fighting fun? Look at your face!” she retorted.

 

“I just rescued my classmate against bad guys. They were following her behind.” I retaliated.

 

“Classmate? Are you referring to Krystal Jung again?” she inquired me which made me. She somehow looked calmer.

 

“Y-Yeah.” I answered timidly as I avoided her eyes. “If I hadn’t sneaked out tonight, who knows what will happen to her.”

 

“You still break my rule, Yiyun! And for that I will confiscate your….”

 

“Not my phone Mom!” I whined, cutting her off.

 

 I really don’t care about that gadget but I better act that I care about it because Mom tend to confiscate those things that she thinks you can live without with.

 

“Since when did you care about your phone?”I heard my sister’s voice. I shifted my eyes on her who is going downstairs.

 

“Just recently.” I replied to her. “And why are you here anyway? You’re supposed to be in Taiwan, not here in Korea.”

 

“This is my home so I can come home anytime I want.” She answered me. “What did idiot do now, Mom?”she asked which got me slightly annoyed. She sat down next to Mom on the sofa.

 

“I just sneaked out of the house, not a big deal.” I said as I rolled my eyes on her.

 

“And who is this Krystal Jung, girlfriend?”she asked.

 

“She’s none of your business.” I answered her and she raised her brows.

 

“So gay!”she said to me and scoffed. “Mom, confiscate this idiot’s vita, car and cellphone. I assure you, he won’t dare to sneak out again.”she told Mom which made me widen my eyes and flashed her evil smile on me.

 

“Just stay there in Taiwan, Jackie!” I said to her sternly.

 

“I will prolong my stay here since you don’t want me to be here. I can stand you giving Mom a headache, being a pain in the in this family.”she replied to me.

 

“You!” I yelled at her. She is expert in pissing me off, getting into my nerves and ticking me off.

 

“Stop it, you two!”Mom scold us. “Jackie, for god’s sake you are already 24 years old, stop teasing your brother and behave maturely.”she told her which made me stuck my tongue out to my sister. “And you young man, you are grounded and I will confiscate all that your sister mentioned.”

 

I keep quiet. I am used in my sister’s sarcasm but most of the time, it annoys me. But she do cares for me so that’s why, I can’t stay angry or hate her for too long.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I can see the annoyance in Amber’s face when his bodyguards appeared. I feel grateful that I don’t have any annoying bodyguards with me all the time. He asked two of them to walk me back in the night market. I said my thanks to them before we parted. Honestly, I feel kinda worried about Amber. So when I got home, I grab the piece of paper from my book that he inserted to get his number. I grabbed my phone and with close eyes, sent my message to him. I thought I will receive a reply but I only got disappointed because I got nothing.

 

“Yo!” I heard Amber’s voice in the hallway of our school early in the morning.

 

He is just ahead of me with an annoying smile on his face as he waves his hand on me. I can feel the eyes of other people in me. I choose to ignore him. I keep hoping in my mind that my boyfriend Minho is walking with me this morning. But I think that stupid basketball practice is keeping him tired which made him to wake up a little bit late than before.

 

“Where is your boyfriend?” He asked me as he roamed his eyes around.

 

“Why do you keep asking me where he is? Are you interested in him?” I replied with sarcasm which made him looked at me with raised brows. “And where are your two minions?”

 

“Minions?” He asked sounding confused while furrowing his brows. “I am not interested on your boyfriend. In fact I hate that guy.”

 

“Hate?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah! Anyway, we need to start working on our project. I don’t want to fail our Science subject.” He stated. “So we will meet every after class from now on.”

 

“And who do you think you are to decide that?” I questioned him.

 

“Your project partner.”he replied dumbly.

 

“Stupid! I don’t have time for your nonsense.” I said to him as I pushed him aside.

 

“Yah! It’s not nonsense. We seriously need to start working in our project.”he said to me as he walked beside me.

 

“Can you keep your distance away from me?” I said to him as I stop from walking and face him. “I feel suffocated when you are around.”

 

“Nah, this hallway is wide enough for us.” He said to me with his playful smile.

 

“You know that I am being sarcastic and mean to you, right?” I said to him.

 

“Pfft! And it’s obvious to you that I don’t care, right?”He answered to me which annoyed me the most.