Effect

Having Liu As My Last Name

JACKIE’s POV

 

I raised my brows when I saw my brother who just got inside our main door. I think he is not in his good mood. It’s obvious by looking at his facial expression. I glance on my watch and it’s almost 8 o’clock in the evening. He is not allowed to go out at this time.

 

“Where have you been?” I questioned him.

 

“Rescue a stupid from humiliation.” He answered me.

 

“And who is this stupid are you referring to?” I asked him curiously.

 

“Jung.” He answered shortly. “I’m tired, let’s talk tomorrow.” He continued.

 

“I still want to talk to you, idiot!”

 

 I said to him with stern voice for him to listen to me. He stopped from walking away and turned to face me with annoyed expression on his face.

 

 “Are you saying to me that you talk to her? That you approached her?”

 

“I had no choice. Nobody will save her from that bunch of hypocrites.” He said to me with annoyance in his voice.

 

“What are you talking about?” I answered him.

 

“I’m really tired Jack, I want to rest.” He insisted while looking straight into my eyes.

 

“Okay! But you should be careful little brother. Your effort will be wasted once you break any of Dad’s condition between your deal.” I reminded him.

 

“I know.” He replied shortly and head to the stairs.

 

I curved a smile as I look at how he have become. He turns out to be someone more than I expected that he would become.

 

“Just hang in there bro, you will reap the fruit of your labor soon.” I mumbled.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I waited for Amber to show up. I keep hoping that he will come and hang-out with us but to my disappointment, he didn’t. Key and Henry didn’t bother to call him nor convince him to come. I think once that guy made up his mind, no one can change it, even his close friends.

 

“It never thought that I will get to hang-out with these guys.” Sulli spoke while Key, Henry and Luna are singing their lungs out.

 

“Yeah, I think they are not that boring to hang-out with.” I answered and I curved a smile when I looked at them.

 

“I thought Liu will be with you.” She said which shifted my gaze back at her. “I thought you guys were hanging –out.”

 

“We were not.” I replied to her with a faint smile. She gave me a confused look. “Let’s just say, he just showed up there to save me from getting humiliated.” I explained.

 

“If he showed up like that, it means he knew that they planned to pull a prank on you.” She answered me.

 

Hearing what Sulli had said made me wonder if that guy really knew. I snapped out of my thought when the trio finally finished their song and Henry called me.

 

“It’s your time to shine, Jung.” He said to me with a sheepish smile.

 

“Uhm, can I pass for now. I just remember that I have to call Unnie.” I said to him with an apologetic smile.

 

“Okay, when you get back, it will be your turn.” He answered.

 

“Make it quick, Jungie.” Luna said to me and I curved a smile in response.

 

“Man, Amber is missing out all of this.” I heard Key mumbled before I exit the room.

 

I scanned the contacts on my phone and stop on someone’s number. I took the time to contemplate if I should tap the call button or not. But before I did, my phone ring which got me startled. I began to feel nervous when I saw the caller I.D flashing on my screen. I swallowed the lump on my throat and mentally calm my nervous self.

 

“What?” I said with an annoyed voice after I pick up my phone.

 

I can hear him chuckled on the other line and I face-palmed myself. I feel stupid for not be able to control my unstable emotion. I am not really annoyed at him, I don’t have the reason to be annoyed to him.

 

“I hope those idiots are not giving you a headache.” He spoke on the other line.

 

“Why would they?” I asked him coldly. I don’t know why I can’t treat him nicely.

 

“Because they are idiots and they tend to annoy girls.” He replied to me. “Why it seems too quiet there?” he asked me.

 

“I’m outside…”

 

“Outside?” he asked with confusion in his voice. “What are you doing there?”

 

“Because I want to…” I paused. I just realized that I can’t tell him the truth.

 

“You want to what?”

 

“Why did you call me?” I asked, changing the subject. I don’t want to lie to him.

 

“Simple, because I miss you.” He answered straightforwardly that made my heart pound. “It’s odd, isn’t it? We just met earlier but I’m already missing you.”

 

“It’s because you are stupid!” I said in haste and drop the call.

 

I can feel my ears and face starts to feel warm. I can even hear my own heartbeat loud and clear. I don’t understand why Amber has this effect on me now.

 

“Aish! I forgot to ask him!” I hissed when I remembered what I was supposed to talk to him.