Gullible

Having Liu As My Last Name

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I thought right after what happened in Tiffany’s birthday party, Amber will come to talk to me again. But I was wrong. There’s nothing change. He still is not talking to me in our school, only Henry and Key. But he often hang-out in the library, mostly to read some books.

 

“I noticed that Liu is always hanging here lately.” Victoria Song, my co-worker here in the library spoke.

 

“Yeah, I noticed it too.” I answered her shortly.

 

“Anyway, I heard what happened in that birthday party. That witch can’t really be trusted!” she said with annoyance in her voice. “I know she had something in her mind when she invited you.”

 

“Yeah, but thanks to her, I got to hang-out with my real friends.” I answered to her with a smile.

 

“Well, that’s the bright side.” She stated and giggled. “That guy backed you up, right?”she continued as she shifted her gaze to Amber.

 

“Yeah, he did.” I replied to her as I looked at the bored looking guy who is scanning the pages of the book on the table facing in our direction.

 

“I think I know now why he always comes here.” Vic said which made me look at her.

 

“What?” I asked her with raised brows.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Vic said with a sly smile.

 

As I was thinking of what Vic possibly meant on what she said, Minho came. She approached us in the librarian desk and I was surprise to see him here. I mean, this guy hates the library.

 

“Krys, can I talk to you for a minute?” he asked me.

 

“Uhm, I’ll return these books in the shelf first. Excuse me!” Vic excused herself and left me and Minho alone.

 

“What do you want to talk about?” I questioned him.

 

I hope he got nothing to do with what happened in the party. I will be greatly disappointed on him if he did. I know he is a nice guy and it will hurt me if he took part of it.

 

“I’m sorry about what happened in the party. I didn’t know they were planning like that on you.” Minho said to me and somehow I feel relieved deep inside when I heard this.

 

“Don’t worry, Minho. Let’s just forget about it.” I answered him with a smile.

 

 He stared at me for a moment before he returned my smile. I should not doubt him. Even if we are not dating anymore, I know he will remain nice and true to me.

 

“Anyway, I was wondering if you are free this weekend.” He said timidly. “So we could…”

 

“I’ll borrow this book.” Amber suddenly came which cut off Minho.

 

He put on his cold look on his face and even slammed the book on the desk. He glanced at Minho then quickly shifted his eyes back on me. I was completely shocked of his sudden action.

 

“Are you going to just stare at me?” Amber said to me coldly and I feel like punching him on his face.

 

“Sorry!” I said to him with sarcasm and rolled my eyes on him. I turned to Minho and flashed an apologetic smile on him. “I’ll take care of this first, Minho.”

 

“It’s okay, Krys.” He said to me with his charming smile.

 

I can feel Amber’s eyes on me as I do my job. Somehow, the thought of him watching me made me feel conscious. I can feel my heart slowly starts to race and I’m grateful at Minho who took his attention away from me. Otherwise, I won’t be able to stand on Amber’s heart melting eyes.

 

“I didn’t know that you are fond of reading, Liu!” Minho spoke up.

 

“I didn’t know that you are a member of drama club too.” Amber answered which made me look at him.

 

“ ‘Coz I am really not a member in that lame club.” Minho answered then laughed.

 

“So I guess that explains why.” Amber replied at him with a smirk on his face and shifted his eyes on me. “Is it done, Qingxin?”

 

I furrowed my brows on the name that he called me. I’m sure of it that it’s a Chinese name but I don’t know why he called me that.  I should be happy that he gave me a nick but I don’t understand why I did not feel that emotion right now.

 

“Here, stupid!” I answered him and handed him his book.

 

He grabbed his book and then leaned on the desk then moved his face close to mine. I can feel my blood pooling on my face when I realized how close the distance our face are.

 

“Watch out for hypocrites, Qingxin.” He whispered to me with a sheepish smile before he left.

 

I don’t understand why he said it. Well, probably because of what happened on Tiffany’s birthday party. He doesn’t need to remind me that. I already know that I should not trust people like them.

 

“It seems you two are more closer now.” Minho said which shifted my attention back at him.

 

“We are not.” I answered him shortly. “So what were you saying?”

 

Minho asked me to go on a date with him this Saturday.  I agreed with him since he insisted. Besides, it is just a friendly date this time. I waited for him in front of the lote world where we agreed to meet up. I keep glancing on my watch because he was taking his time too long.

 

“Where is he?” I mumbled as I started to get impatient.

 

I tried to reach him on his phone but I couldn’t contact him. I start to feel worried and the dark rain clouds start to cover the sun. The rain began to pour and then it hit me.

 

“I think Amber wasn’t referring to Tiffany and her friends when he said that.” I stated and scoffed in disappointment.

 

My tears began to well up in my eyes. I just stood there in the same spot where I am standing. I don’t want to move. I lowered my head as I began to cry. People won’t notice that I’m crying and I know that they won’t care about me standing in the rain. I feel so stupid for being deceived by him again.

 

“You are indeed a gullible person.”

 

I heard Amber’s voice which caused me to lift up my head and meet his eyes. He is looking at me with annoyance on his face. He is soaked in the rain too because he doesn’t have an umbrella with him.

 

"I-I'm sorry for being gullible!" I blurted out as I cry harder.

 

“Stop crying, because if you won’t…I won’t be able to stop myself from doing something stupid to them.” He continued as he touched my forehead with his warm hand.