Deal

Having Liu As My Last Name

JACKIE’s POV

 

My idiot brother keeps walking back and forth in front of me while we are hanging in our living room. I don’t know what is going on with him. He seems restless. I raise my brows when he finally stopped what he is doing.

 

“Jack.”he called me and I lifted up my head to meet his eyes.

 

“What?” I answered him.

 

“Do you think Dad will give me a large amount of money?”he asked me and I stared at him for a while.

 

I think this idiot brother of mine wants to pay the Jung’s debt. His intention is good and I have nothing against it but Dad doesn’t want to meddle in other people’s problems. Jung’s image is really ruined because of the accusations and bad rumors about them.

 

“What do you think?” he asked again which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

“How much money do you want to ask from him?” I replied to him and he paused for a moment.

 

“Probably, around 150M dollars.” He answered me which made me raised my left brow.

 

“Do you know how much money the Jung’s company owed?” I questioned him and he looked at me dumbly. “500M dollars, stupid!” I said to him and it widened his eyes.

 

“How did they lost such a big amount of money?!”he exclaimed in disbelief.

 

“There are a lot of manipulators, deceivers and traitors in business world Amber. So you better choose well those persons you will be working with.” I said to him.

 

“Why don’t you help them Jack. You are Krystal’s sister’s friend, right?”he answered me.

 

“Yeah, but you know that Dad won’t allow me. You know that all businessmen think that Mr. Jung is a scum, a deceiver who take his investors money and runaway.” I said to him and he let out a deep sigh. He slumped on the sofa and lean backward.

 

“But I believed that Krystal’s father is innocent.” He mumbled.

 

“Then his choice to hide was a worst choice. If he is innocent, he shouldn’t be hiding now.” I answered him.

 

“Jack.”he called me again before he sit up straight and looked at me straight in the eyes. “What do you think would I do for Dad to agree to help them?” he asked me.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

I asked my sister’s opinion because I badly wanted to help Krystal. I know she is in her worst situation right now and it seems all of those she believed that the persons she can count on left her. I should be happy that Minho and her broke up but oddly, I’m not. Maybe it’s because I can see the sadness in her eyes every time she is looking at him from a distance. I decided to talk my Dad about it since this is what Jackie advice me to do.  I walked in my Dad’s office and of course, I’m nervous standing in front of him.

 

“Dad, can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked him.

 

“What do you want to talk about?” he answered me as he clasped his hands together on the table.

 

“Can you pay the Jung’s debt?” I asked him straightforwardly.

 

He furrowed his brows and a cold sweat starts to form in my forehead. He stared at me sternly. I keep looking back at him and mentally keep myself calm. I don’t want him to see me nervous because he hated it.

 

“Why are you asking me that?” he questioned me. “Is it because you like his youngest daughter?”

 

“No.” I answered him and it made him raised his brows.

 

“What is it then? Why do you want me to help them?” he asked me again.

 

“It’s because I believe that Mr. Jung didn’t run away with the money. He didn’t steal anything. Jung’s are honest people.” I answered him.

 

“I don’t want to get involve our family in other’s mess. We have our own image and reputation to take care of.” He answered me and it made me feel furious. I calmed down myself.

 

“You asked me if I like his youngest daughter, right?” I spoke and it made him look at me. “I don’t like her, Dad. I love her and I already decided that I will marry her.” I stated with stern voice.

 

“You only give me an average grades in your school, you haven’t even achieved anything, and now, you are planning to marry Jung Yunho’s daughter.” He stated.

 

“I won’t let you choose who I am going to marry Dad. I already told you that before.” I answered him as I look away.

 

“Then why don’t we make a deal.” He said which made me raised my brows.

 

“A deal?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah, a deal! I’ll pay the Jung’s debt, clear his name so that he can come out wherever he is hiding.” Dad said.

 

“And catch the real culprit!” I quickly added and Dad stared at me. “Sorry.” I apologized.

 

“I will do that if…”he paused.

 

“If what?” I asked curiously.

 

“If you give me an excellent grades from now on until u get your college degree.” He stated.

 

“I assure you that I will be the number one student in my batch Dad.” I assured him with a big smile.

 

“I’m not finish yet Amber.” He said to me. “I want you to stay away from Yunho’s daughter. I’ll help the Jung pay their debt little by little but if I heard that you still get involve yourself on that girl, I will stop helping them. You only have one chance.” He continued.

 

I just stood in front of him. The happiness that I just felt quickly faded away. I don’t know if I will take this deal or not. I want to help Krystal, I want to see her smile again. It’s been a while since I last saw her smile.

 

“So deal?” Dad asked me after he stand up and reached his right hand for a handshake.

 

This old man is really evil. How can he make his only son suffer? I should have asked grandpa to take Mom away from him so he would feel what I am feeling right now of what he is doing to me.