Weirdo!

Having Liu As My Last Name

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I looked around the town for a part-time job. Of course I keep it as a secret from Umma and Unnie since they won’t allow me to work. But I can’t just sit around and do nothing to earn money. I want to at least contribute something too. I’m planning to transfer to a more affordable school. SM Academy is too expensive for us now. But unfortunately for me, I can’t find any work yet.

 

“Hey Jung!”

 

Kim Kibum greeted me with a smile when he and Henry approached me in the table where I am sitting in the cafeteria.  I don’t know why they still approach me.

 

“What do you want?” I asked them and they both take the seat on the opposite side.

 

“We just want to accompany you.” Henry answered with a grin which made me furrowed my brows.

 

I find it weird that they are being friendly with me. I roam my eyes around, the other egghead is missing. He is not bothering me that much lately, unlike before. I think that guy bumped his head that made him realized that what he was doing was annoying to me.

 

“Amber is quite busy so he can’t join us.” Kibum said which brought my attention back at him.

 

“Why are you telling that to me? I’m not asking anything about him and I don’t wanna know any infos that relates to him. I don’t care what he is doing or where on earth he is right now.”

 

After I said it, they both stared at me and then to each other before they burst out into laughter. I don’t know what part of what I said was funny.

 

“I didn’t expect Amber like this type of girl.” Henry spoke which made me raised my left brows.

 

“Yeah, he is really weird!” Key answered and I narrowed my eyes on him. He stopped laughing and cleared his throat. “Anyway, Mr. Ham wants to see you.”

 

“Why?” I asked in confusion.

 

Mr. Ham is our school director.  I think it is about the payment of our coming final exam for this semester. Maybe neither Umma nor Unnie pay it yet.

 

“He told us to drop by in his office right before our first period this afternoon.” Henry followed.

 

“Alright, thanks for informing me.” I answered them as I wiped my mouth and got up from my seat.

 

“You’re already done?” Key asked.

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” I answered him with sarcasm.

 

“Right!”he answered and laughed awkwardly.

 

I left them in the cafeteria and head to the director’s office. I better ask for a permission slip if incase Umma hasn’t pay my accounts yet.

 

“Come in!” I heard a loud deep voice inside the room after I knocked on the door. Mr. Ham is a middle aged man.

 

I greeted him politely once I get inside his office. He greeted me with a smile and motioned me to sit on the chair in front of his desk.

 

“I heard that you are planning to transfer into another school?” he asked me.

 

“Y-Yes Sir. I don’t think my family can afford this school’s tuition fee.” I answered him timidly.

 

“You are an excellent student. It’s such a waste if we lose a student like you.” He told me and of course I’m flatter to hear such compliment like that.

 

“Thank you Sir. I want to stay in this school too because for me, this is one of the best school. But I’m afraid that I can’t do that now. My family is suffering from financial crisis and I don’t want to burden them.” I answered him.

 

“I understand. That is why I called you here.”he said to me. “I have something to offer to you. A scholarship.”

 

“Scholarship?” I repeated and he nodded his head.

 

“All you need to do is pass the exam in a perfect score that will be given to you to avail that scholarship then if you pass you should maintain your grades. Of course you will have your monthly allowance too but you have to be a working student until you graduate.” He explained to me. “Do you want it?”

 

“O-Of course, Sir!” I answered happily. “It would be a great help to me.” I continued.

 

“Good, go to the testing room after your class for the exam. Miss Han will give it to you.” He said to me with a gentle smile.

 

I want to hug him tightly because of it but I think that would be inappropriate. I just bowed to him in ninety degrees before I went out from his office. I let out a deep sigh of relief once I closed the door behind me. A big smile was drawn to my face. My attention was caught to someone who’s passing by. I followed my eyes on him but it seems that he didn’t see me. He didn’t even throw a glance one me.

 

“Good luck on that exam.” He mumbled before he could pass by one me.

 

I was surprised when I heard him say those words. I thought he will just ignore me like what he had been doing lately. Well, he is the son of the owner of this school so it’s not surprising for me if he knows about the scholarship.

 

“He is really acting weird lately.” I mumbled and scoffed.

 

I quickly wiped my smile off my face when he turn around and look at me. He is already approximately 8 meters away from me.

 

“You’ll be fine, right?”he asked me while looking straight into my eyes.

 

“W-Why do you care?” I answered him, pretending to be cold and mean.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He answered with a smirk before he walked away.

 

“YOU ARE NOT COOL!WEIRDO!” I yelled at him.