An Architect's pride

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara stood in front of the fridge and bit her bottom lip contemplating whether to open it or not.

 

Her stomach grumbled loudly and she cringed, “arasso…arasso” she spoke to her stomach. She looked around the empty kitchen, he had said that she shouldn’t ask to eat and just eat whatever she could find. But it still felt strange eating someone else’s food.

 

Her stomach grumbled again, she hadn’t eaten all day but still she felt it would get her into trouble if she just ate without asking. After years with those men she knew better than to do that.

 

But Jiyong was different. He wouldn’t be angry right? He himself told her to eat and not disturb him.

 

Dara took a deep breath and slowly opened the fridge door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji want to grab…lunch woah...what happened in here?” Taeyang stepped into the office and stared at Jiyong who had files and paper all over his desk and floor.

 

“Leave” Jiyong said bluntly as he wrote something down on the files, “I’m busy.”

 

 

Taeyang stepped over the files and walked up to him, “What are all these?”

 

JIyong didn’t reply and carried on.

 

“You sure you don’t want lunch?” Tae asked.

 

“I said no!” Jiyong retorted, “Having lunch would be mean taking a break. And having a break will mean I’ll start thinking crazy and unnecessary thoughts about someone’s wellbeing! So no!”

 

Taeyang tried to understand what he was saying but couldn’t. Jiyong had always been the mysterious one and sometimes it was better not to understand him.

 

 

“…ok then” Taeyang nodded as he stepped back, “I’ll go then.”

 

Taeyang suddenly stopped and turned around, “Ah, if you fired your maids, is the girl ok at home? Should we go see if she’s ok? She might not have had lunch.”

 

 

Jiyong dropped the file on the desk loudly and glared at Taeyang. So much for not trying to think about her.

 

“What?” Taeyang asked, “What did I do?”

 

“Get out before I fire you again.” Jiyong muttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jonghyun” TOP sat on the desk where his collegue was working, “Heard you’ve got to go interview a victim at the hospital.”

 

Jonghyun sighed, “Yea, as if I don’t have enough to do already…why?”

 

“How about I take over your case then?” TOP suggested.

 

 

Jonghyun turned to face him and squinted his eyes, “And why would you do that?”

 

TOP shrugged, “Just thought I'd help you out.”

 

“Really?” Jonghyun crossed his arms in front of him, “So it’s not because chief won’t let you go out unless it’s for work?”

 

TOP laughed uncomfortably, “Yah! I just wanted to help you out, if you don’t need my help then fine.”

 

“Wait!” Jonghyun stopped him before TOP walked off, he grabbed the case file and dumped it on TOP’s lap, “The case is all yours.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Mr Kwon, Miss Lee is on her way to see you” his secretary informed him through the intercom.

 

“I thought I said I don’t want to SEE ANYBODY!” Jiyong growled angrily.

 

 

“Too late!” CL stepped in and crossed her arms in front her.

 

Jiyong rubbed his forehead, “Leave.”

 

 

CL ignored him and stormed towards him.

 

 

“I said leave CL” Jiyong repeated.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” CL asked angrily.

 

 

 

 

“What’s going on?” Taeyang entered after hearing the commotion, “CL? What are you doing here?”

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me about Seungri?!” CL asked Jiyong again.

 

 

“What about him?!” JIyong looked up at her.

 

“About his past! About how he hates my father! How he wants to ruin us?!” CL shouted.

 

“His past and what he wants to do with his life is none of my business” Jiyong said nonchalantly.

 

“Oppa!” CL retorted.

 

“I don’t control him CL" JIyong sighed.

 

“But you knew that Seungri blames my father for his mother’s death didn’t you?” CL asked again, “Why didn’t you say anything when I made the business deal with him?!”

 

“Why would I?” JIyong replied.

 

“Why?” CL muttered through her gritted teeth, “May I remind you, you’re part of the deal too. You’re designing the hotel oppa!”

 

JIyong leaned back on his chair now, “What does that have to do with anything? His personal life has nothing to do with business.”

 

“It does when the whole purpose of the deal for him was so he could ruin Lee Hotels!” CL shouted.

 

 

“Cl” Taeyang stepped in now,”Calm down. Look, we know Seungri and he’s hurt right now but honestly I don’t think he’ll do anything.”

 

“He blames my father for his mother’s death” CL replied slowly, “He’ll do anything.”

 

 

“And if he does, just fight back” Jiyong added suddenly.

 

“Fight back?” Cl asked confused.

 

Jiyong sighed and picked up another file, “CL you’re responsible for Lee Hotels now, are you just going to let Seungri beat you without a fight?”

 

CL bit her lip as she thought about what Jiyong just said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“GOT YOU!”

 

 

“ACK!” Minzy gasped when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her over. She turned around and saw Young deuk glaring at her.

 

“You!” Young deuk pointed at her.

 

Minzy gulped and tried to look for an escape route.

 

“I have been looking for you all day!” Young deuk muttered, “You are so dead!”

 

 

“…what…what?” Minzy stuttered trying to look brave.

 

“Don’t even think about pretending to be innocent” Young deuk warned her.

 

Minzy bit her lip and cursed at herself.

 

“First you spit on my head!” Young deuk stepped towards her, “Then you resize my coat so that it doesn’t even fit through my finger and THEN!” he stopped and glared at.

 

Minzy blinked nervously.

 

 

“Then you have the audacity to KISS ME!” Youngdeuk raised his voice.

 

MInzy shrank back.

 

“WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO KISS ME?!” Young deuk shouted, “Yah! I’m scarred for life now!”

 

Minzy furrowed her brows, “What? YOU’RE scarred?!”

 

“Well it wasn't me that was doing the kissing!” Youngdeuk retorted.

 

“You make it sound like we were full on making out!” Minzy scoffed, “It was just a peck and I’ll have you know I didn’t enjoy it either.”

 

“What?!” Young deuk asked angrily.

 

 

“That’s right!” Minzy stepped forward too, “I don’t know you who you think you are but to me you’re just an arrogant piece of shi-“ Minzy suddenly saw a small patient by the door staring at the two fighting, “-sugar pie!”

 

“Yeah well you’re….huh?” Young deuk back tracked.

 

“Sugar…sugar sugar pie” Minzy smiled uncomfortably before pointing at the kid by the door.

 

 

“Noona, I need to pee” the kid whined suddenly.

 

MInzy quickly went to pick the kid up and then placed him in Young deuk’s arms, “This niiiiiicccceeee doctor will take you arasso. Noona can’t go with you right now.”

 

“Yah! Stop there!” Young deuk shouted as Minzy ran out of there again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s gone” Taeyang walked into JIyong’s office after sending CL.

 

“I didn’t ask” JIyong muttered not taking his eyes of the laptop screen.

 

 

Taeyang sighed and sat on the chair, “She said she’ll pop over to see the girl.”

 

JIyong stopped typing and looked up at Taeyang, “What?”

 

“CL said she’ll go see her. She said, I quote ‘Knowing Jiyong oppa he probably hasn’t even given the poor girl a set of clean clothes to wear.’ Besides I told her the girl was alone at yours so she said she’ll go visit her.”

 

 

“And when did my house become yours?” Jiyong asked bluntly.

 

Taeyang shook his head, “Jiyong come on, let it be. It’ll be a distraction for Cl and the girl-“

 

“The girl has a name!” Jiyong growled angrily suddenly but realised what he’s just done when he saw Taeyang’s surprised face.

 

 

“Ok, Cl has gone to see Dara” Taeyang corrected himself, “Better?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“If I remember right, this girl didn’t want to help you” Daesung said as him and TOP walked into the lobby of the hospital.

 

“Well then you remembered wrong” TOP replied.

 

“Uhuh sure I did” Daesung smirked.

 

 

TOP looked up and saw Bom coming down the escalator just at that moment.

 

 

 

 

“Yea just finished my shift” Bom mumbled tiredly as she spoke to CL on the phone, “You sure you’re ok? You don’t sound good?....arasso I’ll wait for you neh?”

 

“Dr Bom!”

 

Bom turned to look up at another doctor calling her.

 

“Dr Park wants to see you” the doctor said before running off.

 

“Appa?” Bom asked herself before getting off the escalator and running to the other escalator.

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s she going?” TOP wondered as Bom hurried up to the second floor again. He turned to Daesung, “You go and interview the victim.”

 

“What? And miss her crush your ego again?” Daesung grinned, “Never.”

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s she doing?” Daesung whispered to TOP as they watched Bom from a distance. TOP noticed how she was taking deep breaths and nervously rubbing her hands together.

 

 

“How am I meant to know?” TOP replied back, “But…why’s she so nervous?” TOP whispered to himself.

 

 

 

 

Bom took one final breath and walked into the room.

 

 

 

TOP and Daesung looked around before walking up to the door. As they got closer he started to hear shouting from within.

 

TOP looked up at the sign on the door and grimaced slightly, “Dr Park Jung Woo…”, Bom’s father.

 

 

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry father” Bom held her head low.

 

“When you’d already made a mess of things why did you go and do further tests on the patient?!” Dr Jung Woo shouted at her.

 

“I…I wanted to rectify what I did wrong. I missed the diagnosis the first time-“

 

“In this field once you do wrong there is no second chances!” Dr Jung Woo growled, “In life you may have got a second chance for a family but not here! Do you understand me?!”

 

“…I’m…sorry-“ Bom flinched when he threw the file at her.

 

“Stop embarrassing me with your stupidity!” Dr Jung Woo shouted before storming off.

 

 

Bom slowly rubbed her shoulder where the file had hit her and tried to not cry. She slowly got on her knees and started to pick up the file and ripped papers.

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

 

“Wow…well he’s a isn’t he” Daesung mumbled as they watched Dr Jung Woo walk away. They then peered into the room and looked at Bom who was still on the floor.

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

 

Bom quickly wiped the tears and she took a deep breath before standing up again. She straightened herself up and lifted her chin high as if nothing had happened and she turned towards the door when she caught a glimpse of Daesung.

 

“Who are you?” Bom asked as Daesung stood there caught red handed.

 

 

“Hi…you don’t remember me from the other night?” Daesung asked.

 

 

Bom squinted her eyes and suddenly remembered him, “Oh…um…yeah…you’re…”

 

“Daesung” Daesung introduced himself, “…are you ok?”

 

Bom stiffened slightly, “…you saw?”

 

 

Daesung smiled uncomfortably.

 

 

Bom looked away and put on a smile, “Neh I’m fine…did you need something Daesung shi?”

 

 

“Actually…he did” Daesung looked back as TOP walked into the room looking just as uncomfortable as Daesung.

 

Bom froze up again, it was bad enough Daesung having seen her in this state. But TOP seeing her this weak, she hated it down to her core.

 

 

TOP rubbed the back of his neck knowing he shouldn’t have been there, “…hi.”

 

 

Bom never felt this humiliated. It wasn’t the first time that her father treated her this way, and he’d treated her far worse in front of more people. But in front of TOP, she’d never felt so small.

 

 

“…Are you ok?” TOP asked genuinely concerned.

 

Bom didn’t know what to say.

 

 

TOP looked at Daesung for a moment before looking back at her, “I’m sorry we-“

 

“If you’re sorry” Bom interrupted him, “Then…”

 

 

TOP and Daesung waited for her to continue.

 

 

 

Bom clenched her teeth together and calmed herself down. She lifted her chin up and smiled at them making the boys look at her with surprise, “Then please forget what you just saw.”

 

 

“Neh?” Daesung asked confused while TOP continued to watch Bom try her hardest to act like she was fine.

 

“Whatever you saw in here, it was my fault” she replied, “Now if you’ll excuse me” she bowed slightly before leaving the room.

 

 

 

“Did you see that?” Daesung asked TOP after she was gone, “How can she act like nothing happened after how that doctor treated her?”

 

TOP leaned back on the wall and he couldn’t help but feel sorry for her as he remembered what Nurse Nam had told him about Bom’s life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After eating what she could find Dara walked around the house wondering what to do until JIyong came home. Not that she was going to see him anyway but still it would feel safer once he was back.

 

In the end she walked back to the lounge and sat down on sofa.

 

She pouted and looked around the room until her eyes landed on a few magazines. She picked one up and raised her brows at all the impressive buildings in it. She suddenly stopped on one page when she saw a pretty woman posing next to a beautifully designed house.

 

Dara slowly placed her hand on her hips like the girl in the magazine and tried to smile. But she caught the sight of her dirty clothes and her bruised skin and she sighed sadly. No wonder Jiyong didn’t want her to bother him, just look at the state of her. That’s why those ajhummas tried to kick her out the other day too. People would think the worst of her just by looking at her.

 

Suddenly the doorbell rang and she froze up. She contemplated hiding but turned back around towards the front door when she heard familiar voices.

 

 

“DARA! It’s us! CL and Bom! Open up”

 

 

Dara nervously walked to the front door and hesitantly stood there not knowing what to do.

 

 

 

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

“She’s not opening up” CL sighed.

 

 

“Um…Jiyong sent us here” Bom lied hoping that would make her open up.

 

 

And it worked. The door opened a crack and they saw Dara nervously peering out.

 

“Hey” Bom smiled, “Can we come in?”

 

 

Dara bit her lip, “…did Jiyong really send you?”

 

“Um…”CL looked at Bom, “Yeah he did.”

 

 

Dara relaxed slightly and opened the door for the girls.

 

 

 

“Hm…”Bom stepped in and walked around Dara while thinking hard.

 

Dara watched her circle her slightly puzzled.

 

 

“First thing is first” Bom nodded, “We need to do something about your hair?”

 

“Neh?” Dara asked surprised.

 

“Shower, hair, clothes” CL added, “Let’s get to it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“STOP RIGHT THERE!!” Young deuk shouted when he saw Minzy exit the hospital.

 

“Oh not again!” Minzy whined before running away for the 100th time that day, “GO AWAY!”

 

 

“I SAID STOP!” Young deuk chased her around a tree.

 

“I SAID GO AWAY!” Minzy screamed starting to get slightly dizzy.

 

 

 

---------------

 

 

 

Some patients looked out the window wondering why a doctor was chasing a nurse around a tree.

 

“Maybe they’re playing?” one of the kids suggested.

 

“They don’t look very happy to be playing though” another replied.

 

 

 

--------------------

 

 

 

 

“AH!” Minzy threw her shoe at him to stop him but Young deuk just ducked and started chasing her again.

 

 

“I’m too tired!” Minzy shouted as she continued to run around the tree.

 

“Should have thought that before you decided to shrink my coat!” Young deuk shouted behind her.

 

“I didn’t mean to!” Minzy exclaimed, “It’s my first time using a washing machine-ACKK!” Young deuk grabbed her arm and then both stumbled onto the grass.

 

They laid there trying to get their breaths back.

 

 

 

Minzy panted heavily, “I’m…sorry.”

 

“What?” Young deuk panted too and sat up.

 

“I…said I’m sorry” Minzy said through heavy breathing. She struggled to sit up and looked at him as he sat up to, “I’m really sorry.”

 

Young deuk stared at her with furrowed brows.

 

“Please…forgive me this one time” Minzy begged, “I can’t go on running away from you, it’s only my second day here.”

 

Young deuk traced his hair back and grimaced wondering if he should really forgive her.

 

Minzy pouted, “I think we got off on the foot…let’s start again.”

 

“Start again?” Young deuk asked warily.

 

 

Minzy nodded, “Yes I really want to start over again...I’m Gong Minzy” she held her hand out hoping he would take it and forgive her.

 

Young deuk looked down at her hand for a long moment before taking it and shaking it, “Young deuk.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIyong went to open the front door when the door opened from inside. His eyes widened when he saw Taeyang.

 

“You’re home” Taeyang said casually.

 

JIyong stepped back surprised, “I thought I left you back at the office.”

 

Taeyang grimaced before opening the door fully, “Come in.”

 

 

 

“Is that Jiyong?” TOP called out from inside.

 

JIyong glared at Taeyang as he walked in and saw TOP and Daesung in the lounge.

 

 

“What are you three doing here?” JIyong muttered angrily.

 

“They were here with the girls when I got here” Taeyang shrugged.

 

“The girls? The girls are here too?!” Jiyong growled, “When the hell did my house become your meeting place?!”

 

 

“What’s going on here?”

 

Jiyong turned around to see Seungri walking into his house. He groaned and closed his eyes to calm himself down.

 

 

“Hey, what’s in the bag?” TOP pointed at the bag Jiyong was holding.

 

“NOTHING!” Jiyong shouted angrily before storming off to the kitchen.

 

 

 

[Music: Evening sky by Ailee]

 

 

“Wow!” Daesung suddenly exclaimed, “Dara shi you clean up pretty well.”

 

“What are you guys doing here?!” CL exclaimed when she saw them.

 

 

JIyong stopped and turned around to see the girls just come down the stairs. Dara was blocked slightly by Bom and CL so he furrowed his brows and stepped back into the lounge to get a better view of her.

 

 

 

Dara sat down, her back facing Jiyong. She nodded at everyone nervously and scanned the room and the front door for JIyong. When she didn’t see him she pouted and let out a deep sigh.

 

 

“Looking for someone?” Taeyang asked knowingly.

 

Dara gulped and shook her head.

 

Taeyang let out a small laugh before pointing behind Dara, “He’s over there.”

 

 

Dara slowly turned to see where he was pointing as she traced a strand of hair behind her ear. Her face softened and her lips parted with relief when she saw JIyong standing there.

 

 

Jiyong’s eyes fluttered slightly when he saw Dara properly for the first time. Her soft black hair glistened underneath the light and blew ever so gently onto her face from the breeze coming through the open window in the room. Her skin was milky white, her eyes big, warm and round, her lashes long and thick, her lips…beautiful.

 

She was beautiful.

 

 

Dara stood up slowly and stepped slightly towards him. She looked down at the clothes CL and Bom had got her and looked up at Jiyong expectantly, as if asking if she looked ok.

 

JIyong’s gaze never left her.

 

She suddenly grew aware of his gaze on her and she looked down nervously. His gaze wasn’t like the gaze those men used to give her. It didn’t make her feel little or dirty. His gaze was different. It was warm. It made her feel warm.

 

 

 

 

"You ok?" Taeyang stood next to JIyong now.

 

Jiyong snapped back to reality and grimaced suddenly, he cleared his throat, "I'm tired." He took one last look at Dara before storming off upstairs.

 

 

Dara pouted slightly and looked upstairs. 

 

 

 

"What's wrong with hyung?" Seungri walked up to Taeyang.

 

"What are you doing here?!" CL suddenly stood in front of him, "You think you can just show up here after everything."

 

 

Seungri raised his brow, "This is my cousin's house. Or does your father want to take that away from me too?"

 

CL gritted her teeth, "I told you my father isn't to blame!"

 

"You keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night" Seungri muttered back.

 

"OK OK!" Taeyang stepped between them, "Enough you two."

 

 

Seungri and CL continued to glare at each other over Taeyang.

 

 

"What ever you're planning, I won't let it happen" CL said angrily.

 

"And what do you think I'm planning?" Seungri scoffed, "And even if I was planning something, what makes you so sure you'll stop me?"

 

"Oh I will" CL smirked, "Trust me on that. I will."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP walked over to Bom and tried to speak to her, he didn't feel good about what happened at the hospital earlier, "Bom?"

 

Bom froze up and quickly turned her attention to Dara instead, "Dara? I've got work early tomorrow so I'll go for now."

 

 

Dara nodded as Bom picked up her bag, "...thank you...for today."

 

Bom turned back to Dara and smiled before walking over to CL.

 

 

"Bom" TOP called out again and this time stood in front of her, "I'm sorry about earlier."

 

"Earlier?" Bom pretended like she wasn't concerned, "Oh that...don't worry-"

 

"You don't have to pretend in front of me" TOP pointed out, "I just wanted to say sorry and that I know you probably didn't want me or Daesung to see that."

 

Bom held her breath and tried to smile, "...ok."

 

 

"So you really are ok?" TOP asked.

 

Bom nodded and smiled thinly, trying not to let her emotions show in front of him, "I've got to go."

 

"Oh...ok" TOP furrowed his brows.

 

 

Bom stepped back and before anyone could say anything hurried out of the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. 

 

He couldn't imagine why he had had those thoughts about her a moment ago. Did he actually think she was beautiful?! Jiyong curled his hands into fists and tried to erase her face from his mind. These past couple of days he hadn't once acted like himself in front of her. And that had to change.

 

He closed his eyes, "I've gone mad...really mad." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara closed the front door once everyone left. The house was completely silent again but this time it didn't feel scary. Jiyong was here, there was nothing to be scared about.

 

Dara headed for the staircase and walked up.

 

 

She stopped at the top and looked at the other side of the corridor where Jiyong's room was. She sighed, wishing she at least knew which one his room was. 

 

"stop it dara...remember you promised you wouldn't disturb him" she told herself off before heading to her room.

 

 

 

Dara stepped into her room and turned the lights on. Her eyes stopped at a bag that was placed neatly on her bed. She blinked slightly when she remembered Jiyong had been carrying that bag a while ago.

 

 

She walked to her bed and placed the bag on her lap before slowly opening it. Her hand reached into the bag and it felt something soft. Her eyes widened when she felt the fabric and she pulled it out. 

 

Dara's lips parted and she inhaled deeply when she held out a simple white cotton dress. Her fingers traced the dress and her lips quivered slightly. Did Jiyong get this for her?

 

She stood up and rushed to the front of the mirrow and held it in front of her and spun around. She finally broke into a smile and hugged the dress tightly close to her.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong sat up abruptly, "Ani why the hell did I leave that dress with her?!"

 

He ruffled his hair angrily, "Maybe she hasn't seen it yet." he stood up ready go to her room and retrieve the dress back before she saw it.

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

 

JIyong slammed his door shut and headed quickly towards the other side.

 

He suddenly stopped when Dara walked out of her room...in the dress. He watched as Dara looked down at the soft cotton dress that just rested above her knees and smiled again.

 

Dara straightened the dress and looked up only to see Jiyong there.

 

She gasped and jumped back into her room. 

 

 

 

Jiyong rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and walked to the stairs instead. He stopped there and cursed himself for what he was about to ask now, "...have you had dinner yet?"

 

 

Dara peered through the open door at Jiyong guiltily.

 

JIyong sighed, "You haven't have you?"

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Dara finished her toast and looked up at Jiyong with her big round eyes again, "...thank you."

 

JIyong stood up now and headed to the sink, "It's just toast."

 

 

"...no...I mean...the dress" Dara stuttered, "...it's really lovely."

 

 

Jiyong placed the plate in the sink and regretted giving her the dress. He sighed heavily before walking past her, "Go to sleep, I've got work to do."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sorry dad" TOP apologised as he entered his flat, "I've been really busy and it's just easier for me to stay here tonight" he lied as he the lights, "neh....I'll come tomorrow."

 

TOP ended the call and felt guilty for lying but he hated being in that house with that woman.

 

He took his leatherr jacket off and flung it on the sofa before heading to the kitchen and that's when he heard someone crying. He looked around his apartment until he realised the sound was coming from downstairs.

 

TOP slowly walked to the hole in the middle of his lounge and sat down next to it. He furrowed his brows when he looked down into Bom's dark lounge. He couldn't see much but he could hear her.

 

 

 

-----------------------------

 

 

 

 

Bom wiped her tears and placed her head onto her knees before breaking down into tears again.

 

 

"...why...can't I just do something right for once?" she cried as the tears refused to stop.

 

 

All she wanted was to be accepted by her father. But no matter how hard she tried to be the best, the smartest nothing would ever make him see her as his daughter. That place was someone else's and it would always be someone else's.

 

But she couldn't give up. Giving up on him would mean she would truly have no one in this world. No matter how much he hated her, she only had him.

 

So all she could do was put on a brave face out there. And in here, all she could do was cry.

 

 

 

------------------------

 

 

 

TOP laid down on his back as he listened to Bom's cries.

 

He now realised she wasn't as strong as she made herself out to be. Maybe that's why she kept refusing to talk about the kidnapping. Talking about it made her feel scared...something she refused the world to see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Where the hell did I leave the blueprints" JIyong muttered angrily as he walked into the lounge.

 

 

Dara walked in to see Jiyong looking for something around the place.

 

 

"Damn it where the did I put it" Jiyong raked his hair before storming back into his studio.

 

 

Dara looked back into the lounge wodering what a blueprint was. She bit her lip and looked towards the kitchen, was it that long container that was in the kitchen. It hadn't been there all day but she'd found it sitting by the table a while ago.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong continued to rummage through his large studio for the blue prints for a project he was working on.

 

 

 

"Did I leave it at the office?" Jiyong asked himself before kicking the stool angrily.

 

"It's because of that girl!" he growled angrily, he'd been distracted all day because of her and now this. He should have known having her here wasn't a good idea.

 

 

 

*knock... knock*

 

 

JIyong glared at the door before storming there and flinging the door open, "WHAT?!"

 

Dara stepped back with surprise.

 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?! CAN'T YOU ING LEAVE ME ALONE!" Jiyong shouted furious at her, "ALL DAY YOU'VE BEEN BLOODY BUGGING ME! LEAVE ME ALONE FOR SAKE! GET LOST"

 

Dara opened to say something but she was too scared to say anything at that moment.

 

"I SAID GET LOST!!" Jiyong grolwed loudly.

 

 

Dara exhaled nervously and stepped back to scared to do anything now.

 

"WHAT IS IT?!" JIyong shouted fustrated at her, he grabbed her arms and shook her, "CAN YOU NOT HEAR ME? I SAID GET LOST!"

 

"I'm scared" Dara spoke suddenly, frightened to say anymore.

 

 

JIyong's face fell and he let go of her arms. He stepped back and saw how petrified she looked.

 

 

Dara looked down at the floor, trying to get her breathing to calm down. Her first instict was to run away from there.

 

 

 

Jiyong creased his forehead, "...sorry"

 

Dara looked up slowly when he apologised. She saw he was being sincere and she furrowed her brows in confusion. How could someone be that frightening and show remorse at the same time.

 

He rubbed his head drained, "I didn't mean to-"

 

Dara suddenly held the long container in front of her without looking at him, "...I thought...this might be the blue print thing you were looking for..."

 

JIyong cursed himself and regretted getting angry at her, he took the blueprints from her, "...thank you."

 

 

"Is that what you were looking for?" she asked still looking at the floor.

 

"Yeah" JIyong raked his fingers through his hair feeling like an idiot, "How did you know this was what I was looking for?"

 

Dara shook her head, "...I guessed."

 

JIyong furrowed his brows, "Wait you don't know what a blueprint is?"

 

Dara bit her lips embarassed not knowing what it was.

 

 

Jiyong stepped back into the studio and hesitated before calling Dara in, "Come in...I'll show you."

 

Dara stood there not sure about being close to him anymore.

 

JIiyong saw this, "I...I promise I won't get angry."

 

Dara looked up warily.

 

"Promise" Jiyong repeated.

 

 

 

[Music: Touch Love by T Yoon Mi Rae]

 

 

 

 

 

JIyong walked backwards rubbing his neck as Dara slowly stepped into his studio. She looked around in awe at all the drawings and strange lines all over the place. 

 

 

Jiyong took the blue prints out of the container and spread it across a large work table.

 

Dara walked up to him but stood slightly apart from him just in case but at the same time looked at the complicated lines and squiggles on the paper.

 

 

"This is a blueprint" Jiyong explained.

 

Dara nodded, "...so are you a painter?"

 

"What?" Jiyong asked, "No, no I'm an architect."

 

 

Dara looked at him like he'd just said a foreign word, "...ar.."

 

"Architect" Jiyong repeated, "I design buildings."

 

Dara's eyes widened, "Chincha?!"

 

JIyong smiled slightly at her reaction. 

 

Dara looked back at the blueprint, "So...what's this?"

 

JIyong blinked slightly, "What do you mean?" he looked back at the blueprint, "It's a building, a hotel."

 

 

"That looks nothing like a hotel" Dara pointed out, "Aren't hotels big with windows and doors."

 

JIyong scoffed in disbelief, "The blueprints are for each floor of the hotel."

 

 

Dara still didn't believe him, "...it is?...why don't you just draw a hotel like how it's supposed to look."

 

JIyong ruffled his hair, "This is a more accurate way of drawing it."

 

"Are you sure?" Dara titled her head trying to figure out which way was the top and which way was bottom.

 

 

JIyong grimaced annoyed, "Yah! I can draw arasso! Look here!" he grabbed a piece of blank paper and a pencil and started drawing.

 

 

After a while Dara gasped impressed, "....wah...how can you draw like that?"

 

"I told you I'm an architect" Jiyong replied slightly happy she was impressed.

 

 

"...it looks so real" Dara clasped her hands together happily, "...I wish I could draw like that."

 

 

JIyong looked down at her looking at his drawings longingly. He grimaced at what he was about to do and then placed the pencil in front of her.

 

Dara shook her head suddenly, "Ani...I'll ruin your drawing."

 

 

"Give it a try" JIyong nodded at the pencil.

 

 

Dara stepped back, "...I don't know how to."

 

"It's simple" JIyong suddenly without realising it pulled her back to the table, he placed the pencil into her hand and held her hand while standing behind her.

 

Dara froze up not knowing what to do. She gulped nervously as he leaned in. She could feel his warmth radiating onto her skin, his breathing slightly moving her hair and his large hand protectively around hers.

 

 

"Hold the pencil like this" Jiyong said, "Don't hold it too hard and then gently shade in like this."

 

Dara let JIyong control her hand as he concentrated on the drawing.

 

"You need to make sure the angles are right" JIyong said not realising the close proximity between them. When it came to something like his work which he loved, nothing else mattered.

 

 

"wah..." Dara whispered amazed as he helped her draw the building.

 

"See, it's simple" JIyong smiled slightly and looked down at the drawings while Dara looked up at him.

 

Dara's eyes fluttered slightly and her heart started to beat frantically for some reason. That normally only happened when she was frightened but JIyong hadn't done anything to scare her this time.

 

 

"There. Done" Jiyong let go of her hand and was about to step back when he noticed her nervous expression, "...you ok?"

 

 

Dara shook her head slowly.

 

"What's wrong?" Jiyong asked worried.

 

 

Dara looked up at him wide eyed, "...I feel scared."