Happy

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom tiredly walked into her apartment and fell face first onto the couch, “hmmm soft couch, you’re going to be my bed today…I’m too tired to walk to the bedroom arasso?”

 

“So Shiwon seems like a nice guy”

 

Bom groaned and rolled over onto her back to find Top peering through the hole. He smiled at her as he bit into his apple, “Go away, I’m not in the mood to fight with you tonight.”

 

“Then don’t fight” Top shrugged, “Let’s talk about Shiwon.”

 

“Argh!” Bom moaned and threw a cushion at him, “Leave Shiwon oppa alone. He’s a better man then you’ll ever be.”

 

“Uhuh” Top nodded.

 

“So what if he doesn’t know how to hold a gun” Bom sat up now, “He’s clever and sweet and warm and kind. And you are obnoxious, dumb, all muscle no brain idiot!”

 

“Hey, I was pretty clever at school” Top retorted.

 

“Don’t make me laugh!” Bom scoffed, “You were pretty much always last in class.”

 

Top paused for a moment, “How would you know that?”

 

Bom’s eyes widened and she gulped nervously, “…I..yah! Have you not seen your face?! It’s got dumb written all over it!” she stood up quickly and ran off leaving Top gobsmacked.

 

“Ani, why is she only rude to me?!” Top asked himself before touching his face to make sure it wasn’t dumb looking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIyong felt a cold breeze enter the hospital room and he tiredly opened his eyes. He sat up and looked towards Dara to find her lying down on the bed looking at him quietly. He sighed with relief and pulled his chair closer to her, “…hey, you’re awake.”

 

Dara just continued to stare at him. All she could think about was, why he was still here if he didn’t want anything to do with her? Was it guilt? That could be the only reason. Otherwise why else would he stay here?

 

“Dara?” he said softly, “Are you hurting anywhere?”

 

She shook her head gently but never took her gaze off him. He furrowed his brows slightly. The way she was looking at him made him feel even guiltier, all he could see was hurt in her eyes. He leaned over slightly towards her so they were close now, “I’m sorry.”

 

Dara’s lip trembled slightly but still she didn’t say anything.

 

“I should have never left you alone” he shook his head, “I just…I just don’t know how to be around you.”

 

Dara looked at him sadly, she would never blame him for this. Didn’t he know that? How could she blame the person that saved her? It was seeing him feel guilty that upset her the most, she had to change that somehow. She looked at him one last time before her eyes became heavy and closed on her again.

 

JIyong closed his eyes too and laid his head on the bed beside her, “…I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning Taeyang waited at the airport for their Macau client to arrive. They were sending the CEO’s secretary to close the Macau deal. He checked his watch impatiently, he wanted to close the deal as soon as he could. It seemed like there was always some sort of hurdle in their way with this deal-

 

“Taeyang?”

 

Taeyang froze at the familiar voice. He furrowed his brows, surely it can’t be her. He turned to look just as the woman took her shades off and smiled at him before walking up to him. “Sohyun” he replied still in shock. Let’s say he wasn’t pleased to see his ex-girlfriend greeting him here. The same ex-girlfriend who cheated on him more times than the number of days they’d been together and then even when he gave her a second chance she decided to leave him for someone with a ‘higher position’, because apparently a law student didn’t cut it for her. Maybe that’s why Taeyang did everything he could do to be the best, guess he had her to thank for that.

 

“It’ good to see you” she flipped her hair back and looked around, “Did you come to pick me up by yourself?”

 

Taeyang frowned slightly, “I’m sorry, what?”

 

“I’m here for the Macau deal” Sohyun replied having thought he would have known, “I’m CEO Xing’s secretary.”

 

Taeyang’s face fell, “You’re what?!”

 

Sohyun furrowed her brows, “You don’t look happy to see me.”

 

“Should I be?” Taeyang replied bluntly.

 

“Well get used to it” her smile disappeared, “This deal is in my hands.” She handed him his luggage and walked towards the exit leaving Taeyang flabbergasted. Wherever Sohyun was, there was always trouble. You could say it was because of bad luck, but the way Taeyang saw it, it was because she was a two faced manipulating b*tch.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri entered CL’s office, “The shareholders decided to let you stay.”

 

Cl sighed with relief and genuinely smiled. He paused for a moment not knowing what to say and so turned around to leave again. “That’s it?” Cl called out making him turn around, “No evil ‘I’m going to ruin you and your company speech’ before you leave?”

 

Seungri coughed uncomfortably, “You make it sound so bad.”

 

Cl blinked with disbelief before bursting into laughter, “Did you seriously just say that? It sounds bad because it is bad.”

 

“I have my reasons” Seungri replied, “You know that.”

 

“Doesn’t make it any less evil Seungri” Cl shook her head at him, “It also makes you look like you have some sort of split personality disorder. I told you before you can’t be both good and bad. I mean one minute you’re Mr ‘I’m going to take over the world’ and the next you act like my hero.”

 

Seungri looked away uncomfortably.

 

CL sighed and with a more serious tone she asked again, “So which one are you?”

 

“Neither” Seungri replied roughly, “From now on I’m going to do what I want.”

 

“And that is?” CL asked.

 

 

Seungri looked at her seriously for a long moment, “When I feel angry about everything I lost, I’ll take it out on you.”

 

CL shook her head in disbelief, “Are you really going to-“

 

“And when I feel guilty or my heart hurts because I’ve taken out my anger on you, I’ll do everything I can to make it your pain go away.” He continued. Cl’s eyes fluttered slightly as she stood there in stunned, “From now on, I don't care if I'm confused about what I'm doing, I’ll do what I want. You’ll just have to deal with it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sort it out Tae” Jiyong rubbed his forehead, “I don’t care if she’s your evil ex-girlfriend, we need this deal remember. So I don’t care if you have to massage her feet and take her shopping or whatever, just keep her happy until the deal is signed.” JIyong hung up and sighed heavily, “Great, another bloody problem.”

 

“Is everything ok?”

 

Jiyong turned around to find Dara struggling to sit up, he rushed to her and helped place pillows behind her. Dara watched him as he did this but quickly looked away when he looked up at her. He noticed this and he sat down beside her, “How are you feeling today?”

 

Dara paused for a moment before smiling brightly, “Really good. I think I’m going to be able to leave this place soon…so” she looked down at her hands and fiddled with the covers, “so…you don’t have to worry about me. You should go to work.”

 

“You’re probably the worst liar I’ve met” he replied bluntly making Dara gulp and blink nervously. He stayed quiet more a moment before speaking again, “Why…do you want me to go to work? You never liked it when I went before.”

 

Dara bit her lip and avoided his gaze, “…ani…it’s..I mean, I really am feeling much better so you don’t have to be here.”

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows slightly, it felt strange that she didn’t need him around. But she always needed him there. “Are…you still angry at me?”

 

“I’m not” Dara looked up at him in protest, “I would never be angry at you.”

 

“Then what is it?” Jiyong asked, “Ever since you woke up, you hardly talk to me, you don’t look at me and now you’re telling me to leave.”

 

“But…isn’t this what you wanted?” she asked quietly but sincerely. Jiyong sat there lost for words. She smiled sadly, “Jiyong you were right, I need to be able to look after myself.”

 

“That’s not what I meant-“, *ring ring* he looked at his phone and grimaced, it was Taeyang again. He hung up and looked back up at Dara, “I didn’t mean-“

 

“See that” Dara stopped him and looked at phone, “that’s what I do to you.” Jiyong furrowed his brows and looked down at his phone too, “I make you forget what’s important in your life. I distract you from your work. This is why you were angry at me in the first place wasn’t it?” Jiyong sat there understanding what she was trying to say, but why did he feel like everything she was saying was wrong even though they were the reasons why he’d been so angry in the first place.

 

“You should ring back whoever that was” Dara said softly, “And please…go back to work. I’ll be fine without you…"

 

For some reason, those words stung him deep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Minzy!”

 

Minzy turned around to find Young deuk storming towards her with an angry scowl on his face, “Waeyo?”

 

“We have to talk about something very serious” he said without a smile on his face.

 

“…ok….what is it?” Minzy asked slightly nervous.

 

He shook his head, “Not here. I’ll pick you up at 7pm tonight.”

 

“Huh?” Minzy furrowed her brows, “But why can’t you tell me here?”

 

“Because…um…” Young deuk tried to think of something to say. To be honest this was his way of tricking Minzy into a date since she'd never say yes to him if he asked her upfront, “Just be ready by 7pm. It’s important Minzy, someone’s life will be at risk if you don’t agree.”

 

“Omo, arasso arasso” Minzyy nodded quickly.

 

Young deuk nodded and walked away but stopped and turned around again, “Oh, and wear something nice.”

 

“Huh? Why?” she asked confused but he had already ran off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you think he likes you?”

 

“What?!” CL shouted in the middle of the corridor, “Bom! Have you lost your mind?!”

 

“Arasso mianhe” Bom shrunk back with fright.

 

“How could even you think that?!” CL continued, “HOW?!”

 

“I was just asking” Bom stepped back, “What other explanation could there be then?” CL handed Bom her coffee angrily and stormed into Dara’s room.

 

 

 

 

Dara smiled when she saw the girls but frowned when CL stormed up to her and sat down beside her angrily “…is..everything ok?” she asked slowly just as Bom entered.

 

“When you recover, please give this bed to Bom. She needs to be hospitalised!” Cl glared at Bom.

 

Dara looked up with worry, “Bom? Are you not feeling well?”

 

Bom laughed and sat down on the chair, “I’m ok, she’s just over reacting.”

 

Cl rolled her eyes in annoyance before turning to Dara, “How are you feeling today?”

 

“Much better” Dara smiled weakly.

 

Bom sighed and sat by her bed too, “If you’re hurting you need to tell me. You had a rough fall, it’ll take time for you to fully recover.”

 

Dara bit her lips and looked down at her hands. She’d never had anyone to tell if she was ill or hurt. Would it really be ok? She looked up at the two and smiled softly, but these two girls had done nothing but help her ever since they met her. They were different, they would never harm her. She felt herself slowly opening to them and that made her realise that things were slowly beginning to change for her. “My…my head hurts a bit.”

 

Bom smiled reassuringly, “I’ll get some medication for that ok. You’ll be fine after taking them.” Dara thanked her and then bit her lips hesitantly, should she ask them what she’d been wanting to ask since she came to the hospital?

 

“What is it?” CL asked when she saw Dara’s worried look.

 

Dara looked at them nervously for a moment, “…what…what do I have to do…to be independent?”

 

“Independent?”

 

Dara looked down at her hands, “So…that Jiyong doesn’t have to worry about me…what do I have to do?”

 

“Oh honey” Cl sighed and took her hands, “Now is not the time to worry about things like that. In your own time, when you’re ready then-“

 

“I am ready” Dara looked up at her, “I can’t…I can’t do what I’m doing to Jiyong anymore.”

 

“You haven’t done anything wrong” Bom tried to explain.

 

“Then why is that I never see him happy” Dara asked, “He’s always running around trying to make sure I’m ok. And it’s not right. I can’t see him hurt this way because of me. So can…you help me please?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where is she?” Jiyong asked taeyang as he entered the building.

 

“The she-devil is waiting in your office” Taeyang mumbled as he followd Jiyong.

 

“Get your personal issues under control” Jiyong warned Taeyang as they got into the lift, “I don’t want your unfinished business with her ruining the deal.”

 

“Says the guy who’s missed three meetings, skipped about work and stood up our clients all for Dara” Taeyang scoffed in disbelief, “Yea, I’m the one ruining the deal.”

 

The doors pinged open and they walked into Jiyong’s office where Sohyun was waiting.

 

 

 

“Sohyun shi?”

 

Sohyun turned around and her eyes immediately lit up at the sight of Jiyong. She looked at him up and down and smiled brightly, “Hello, you must be Mr Kwon.”

 

Jiyong shook her hand and went to sit in his chair, “Please sit.” Taeyang continued giving Sohyun glares, she looked up at him suddenly and he suddenly plastered the fakest smile at her.

 

“Thank you very much for giving us a second chance. Due to…personal reasons I couldn’t make it Macau.” Jiyong explained.

 

“Yes, we were a bit disappointed you couldn’t make it, but Taeyang here explained to me you had an emergency.” Sohyun traced her hair behind her ear and fluttered her eye lashes at Jiyong making Taeyang want to gag. She really hadn’t changed all these years.

 

“Thank you for understanding” Jiyong nodded, “But the sooner the deal is signed, I think both parties will be happy.”

 

“Not so fast Mr kwon” Sohyun pulled the file back to her, “I have strict orders to make a decision on whether this deal goes through or not depending on my stay here.”

 

Jiyong looked up at Taeyang confused. “What do you mean?” Taeyang asked her.

 

“I want to spend a bit of time here in Korea, learn about your company, your work and if I’m happy then the deal will happen.” Sohyun smiled at the two not so happy guys, “It basically means you need to keep me happy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Park Bom’s working as a doctor” Sukjin handed his hyung photos of Bom, “Chaerin is the CEO of Lee Hotels.”

 

“Hm…” Jongsuk grinned as he flipped through the pictures.

 

“Another interesting thing I found out, Dara’s father works at the hospital” Sukjin informed.

 

“He does?” Jongsuk looked up, “Has he met Dara?”

 

“Not sure hyung, but even if they did I doubt he’d recognise her” Sukjin shook his head, “But that isn’t it hyung. Dara’s father adopted Park Bom.”

 

Jongsuk started to laugh at that, “It is a small and confusing world isn’t it?”

 

“But hyung, this just means sooner or later they’re going to piece everything together. We need to do something about it.”

 

“Oh we will” Jongsuk grinned, “We will.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Neh oppa…I’ll let you know when I’m free” Bom tried to smile as she spoke to Shiwon on the phone, “neh oppa, bye…” she finally hung up and groaned at her bad luck. Sure Shiwon was a nice guy but it didn’t mean she liked him in that way.

 

“You seriously like the guy?”

 

Bom spun around to find To leanind against the wall. “What are you doing here again?”

 

“Work” Top shook a file in front of him as evidence.

 

“Great, I have work too so bye” she exhaled and walked past him when he stopped her,” What now?”

 

“You look tired” Top said with a serious tone that surprised Bom slightly. He was never the serious type to begin with.

 

Bom quickly straightened herself to look more presentable.

 

“You still look tired” Top pointed out making Bom roll her eyes at him. She started walking away again when he grabbed hold of her hand, “Come on.”

 

“Where are you taking me?!” Bom exclaimed as he led her off.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Top opened up the staff room and smiled when he found it empty, he took Bom in and sat her down on one of the beds.

 

“Top what are you doing?” Bom protested as covered her with a blanket, “Have you gone mad? I have work to do.”

 

“Your shift ended 2 hours ago” Top replied making Bom look away, “Now lie down.”

 

“But-“

 

“Just lie down” Top repeated.

 

“If someone sees us-“

 

“They’re not going to say anything” Top shut her up and laid her down on the bed. Bom bit her lip and fiddled her thumbs suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Top eyed her from the corner of his eyes and smiled slightly, “So you going to tell me why you’re dating a guy you don’t even like.”

 

“I do like Shiwon oppa” Bom mumbled.

 

“Ok, let me re-phrase that. Why are you dating a guy you’re not interested in?” Bom laid there in silent at that. “Did you feel sorry for him?” Top asked again making Bom hit his arm, “Ah!”

 

“I’m dating him because of you” Bom admitted.

 

“Me?!”  Top exclaimed.

 

“My father said he’d only let me take the paediatrics interview if I dated Shiwon oppa” Bom sighed heavily.

 

“Wait what?!” Top stopped her, “Ok, one thing why him? And secondly do you have to do everything your father tells you?”

 

“He’s my appa’s closest friend’s son” Bom replied, “And yes, I have to do everything he tells me to do.”

 

“Why?”

 

“What do you mean why?” Bom furrowed her brows, “He’s my father.”

 

“I feel sorry for the guy” Top shook his head, “You’re dating the poor guy and you don’t even like him.”

 

“It’s not like that” Bom sat up now, “He’s caring and nice, I’ll...I'll learn to like him eventually.”

 

 

Top stared at her for a long moment in dismay, “And if you don’t?” Bom looked away and laid back down again with saying anything. “You deserve better than this Bom” Top covered her with the blanket, “You may not think that, but you do.” Bom looked down at her hands and didn’t reply. “Now sleep, I’ll wake you up.”

 

“…you’ll stay?” Bom asked slowly.

 

“Do you want me to?” Top asked back.

 

Bom shook her head, “You can do whatever you want.”

 

“Hey, remember I told you that you could be yourself with me” Top reminded her, “I know I don't take many things seriously, but I do take my friends seriously. So you can ask me anything.”

 

 

“…you don’t mind?” Bom asked again. Why was she acting this way? For some reason she felt Top’s sincerity when he said those things, that she could just be herself. She didn’t have to worry if she was burdening anyone, she could just think about herself for once.

 

Top took his jacket off and made himself comfortable as he sat on the bed, “I don’t mind. Now sleep.” Bom smiled gratefully and closed her eyes finally.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara looked up when she saw the door sliding open and she couldn’t help but smile when Jiyong entered. She immediately realised this and wiped the smile off. If he saw her smiling like that he’d think she was waiting for him and that would just burden him.

He noticed this too and furrowed his brows before walking over to her, “Have you had dinner?”

 

Dara nodded.

 

“The food here isn’t very nice is it?” he asked as he sat down beside her.

 

“Ani…it was…nice.”

 

Jiyong smiled slightly at this, “I told you, you’re the worst liar” he placed a bag in front of Dara, “here.”

 

Dara blinked at the bag and just sat there staring at it.

 

“I should have known you were going to do that” he muttered under his breath before taking out food from the bag. Dara bit her bottom lip and gulped hungrily as he pulled out the food, “You said you wanted to try street food right?”

 

Dara looked at him wide eyed and smiled brightly, “chincha?!”

 

Jiyong nodded casually, “Since you can’t go outside right now, I guess it’ll just have to come to you.” Dara looked at him and for the stupidest reason her eyes started to water as she watched him unpack the food. Why was he like this to her?

 

“This is deobokki…I think wait or is it…um” he continued to talk to himself as he tried to figure out what food was what. He wasn’t the type to eat at food stalls but ever since the incident he just wanted to do things for her.

 

“It is…” Dara said finally, “I saw it on tv.”

 

“Oh” Jiyong nodded and picked one up with his chopsticks before putting it in front of . Dara blinked nervously and then quietly took a pair of chopsticks and picked up one herself. Jiyong also realised what he’d just done and frowned slightly at himself. What did he just do? Or better question still, why did he just do that?

 

“Ah ah ah ah ah”

 

Jiyong looked up to find Dara panting heavily and flapping the air around frantically, “sh!t! Is it spicy?!” Dara nodded fervently and tried to look for water.

“Water?” Jiyong asked and looked around the place, “Water water water-ah WATER!” he found a jug of water on the table and handed it to Dara who drank the whole thing in 5 seconds. “Are you ok?”

 

Dara wiped the cold sweat from her face, and pouted sadly “I don’t think I like deobboki.” Jiyong paused for a moment before laughing loudly at her. The first thing she ever wanted to do was eat this and she didn’t even know if she’d like it or not.

 

“Ah wae?” Dara pouted again as she hung her tongue out to cool.

 

Jiyong picked up another deobokki, “Want another one?” Dara looked at him petrified of the deobokki and hid herself behind her pillow. “You sure? Oh come on I got it especially for you” Jiyong by wiggling it close to her while she tried to push him back.

“No no no no” Dara clasped her hands together and shook her head.

 

“Why? They’re really tasty” Jiyong laughed while Dara blocked his chopsticks with hers.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you seeing what I’m seeing?!” Daesung gasped from outside the room, “That is Jiyong hyung right?”

 

“I feel like we should be recording this rare moment” Seungri mumbled incoherently as he continued to stare at Jiyong playing with Dara.

 

“He looks…happy” Taeyang smiled slowly.