Just with you

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why isn’t he here yet?” Minzy mumbled to herself, “Ahh…” she rubbed her empty stomach, “I haven’t even had dinner because of that idiot-“

A very expensive car suddenly pulled up in front of her. Minzy squinted her eyes as Youg deuk rolled down the window, “Oh you’ve got to be joking” she muttered as he smiled and waved at her.

 

“Ready?” he called out and opened the door for her from inside.

 

Minzy got in and stared at him up and down, he was wearing smart clothes, and was that cologne she smelt on him. She leaned over to him and twitched her nose, it wasn’t his usual ‘I’m a doctor smell’…it was more like a ‘I want to seduce you’ smell. She widened her eyes, and muttered, “This is a date isn’t it?”

 

Young deuk smiled brightly and nodded before starting the engine.

 

"YOUNGGG DEEEUKKKK!!!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

*ring ring* Taeyang groaned when he saw Sohyun’s name on the screen. He ended the call and started walking towards his car when his phone rang again. He exhaled angrily and cut the call off again.

 

*ring ring* “Aish-“

 

“Cut me off one more time.”

 

Taeyang groaned as he turned around to find Sohyun waving at him. “oh god, the devil…” he mumbled before smiling, “Hey, didn’t see you there.”

 

Sohyun smiled back before frowning at him, she grabbed his car keys and got into the driver seat, “Let’s go.”

 

“Where?!” Taeyang asked as he quickly got into the car.

 

“We have a lot of catching up to do” she smiled at him with her usual smile that might have made any guy fall head over heal but it just reminded Taeyang how much he hated being with her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wine madam?”

 

Minzy startled slightly as the waiter poured some wine for her. She adjusted herself in her seat and looked around at the incredibly posh, over-prized restaurant. Her eyes widened at the crystal chandeliers above them and then looked down at her modest clothes. She grumbled annoyed, he could at least tell her he was bringing her here, she would have worn something more appropriate.

 

The whole time Young deuk kept his gaze at her wondering what she was thinking, “Are you reallyangry?”

 

“Huh?” Minzy finally remembered he was sitting opposite to her, “Ani…although you could have warned me you were bringing me here.”

 

“Warned you?” Young deuk asked, “It’s a restaurant not a battle field.” Minzy smiled weakly and sighed as she looked around the place. “You don’t like it” Young deuk frowned making Minzy look up with surprise, “Is it the restaurant, we can go somewhere better?”

 

“Better?” Minzy widened her eyes and shook her head, anything ‘better’ than this and she probably wouldn’t be able to handle it.

 

“Then what is it?” Young deuk sighed, “Is it because I didn’t formally ask you on the date. I mean I just thought that you’d say no if I asked you so-“

“You decided to trick me into it?” Minzy raised a brow, “Because that is what any sane person would do.”

 

“Well you’re a lot harder to please than most girls” Young deuk admitted, “Usually they just agree.”

 

“Agree” Minzy smiled sarcastically, “lucky you.” She looked around and shook her head, “Maybe those girls actually like places like this that's why."

 

"You're a girl, why don't you like it?" he asked looking around.

 

"Look at the size of my food, I'm a full grown woman not a 3 year old kid with a deflated balloon for a stomach. How am I meant to be full from this?" she pointed at her meal, "And why are there so many forks and spoons? And it's so quiet here as if people are being forced to eat here against their own will and..." she stopped when she realised Young deuk looked slightly down now. She bit her lip and looked away not knowing what to say.

 

"Where would you go then?" he suddenly asked making Minzy look at him with furrowed brows, "Let's go somewhere you want then."

 

"That's not a good idea" Minzy shook her head.

 

"Well you don't like the places I go to so I'll just have to go to places you like instead" he shrugged ans started standing up.

 

"Why are you doing this Young deuk?" Minzy asked, "I told you before we can't be together, there's nothing I can-"

 

 

“There's nothing you can do for me blah blah” Young deuk held his hand out for her, “I heard you the first time.”

 

Minzy stood up by herself, “Then you understand why I can’t date you.”

 

“I said I heard you, I didn’t say I understood a single excuse you were making” Young deuk replied.

 

“Excuse?” Minzy scoffed, “I wasn’t making any excuses. Look I just have no desire to end up like the girls in the book.”

 

“Book?” Young deuk furrowed his brows.

 

“You know I told you, ‘Fate vs Hate’” Minzy explained.

 

Young deuk groaned, “So they had an unhappy ending?”

 

“Well…I haven’t finished reading it…but with these things you can just tell” Minzy mumbled and looked down at her hands.

 

“Ok what do you like to do on dates then?” Young deuk asked. Minzy didn’t reply and looked around instead, “Come on Minzy, I’m trying here. Give a guy a break…please.”

 

Minzy looked at him warily for a moment before sighing, “Chicken feet.”

 

Young deuk blinked his eys slightly, “Chicken what?”

 

“Chicken feet” Minzy repeated. She remembered from the book how the main characters had gone to eat chicken feet for their date. Just like the girl maybe Minzy could make Young deuk understand just how different their lives were.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Music: I choose to love you by Hyorin]

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re getting better” Jiyong nodded approvingly as he flipped through the drawings that Dara had made. Dara sat there nervously as he a little too seriously checked her drawings. “When did you have time to do all these?”

 

Dara blinked, “When I was home alone…please stop looking at them now” she reached for her drawings but Jiyong held them high and kept flipping through them.

 

Jiyong looked up at her, “You must have been really bored on your own huh?”

 

Dara shook her head and smiled, “no…”

 

“You really are getting better” he nodded, "For starters I no longer have sticks for arms."

 

“Chincha?” Dara smiled brightly at the compliment, “I'm getting better?”

 

Jiyong smiled slightly and then went to sit beside her, “But here” he gave her the pencil and held her un-injured hand, he sat slightly behind her and guided her hand over the paper, “If you shade here, it gives the drawing more depth…see.”

Dara suddenly felt her heart constrict again and she looked down at his hand over hers. His chest touching her shoulder, his cool breath across her cheek.

 

'Unnie, there are two different types of people you like' Minzy informed Dara, 'The first type is the good, helpful friendly person. You enjoy their company and keep them as your friend. The second type is someone who you like because he makes you smile, makes you laugh, makes you feel lost without him, makes you excited about seeing him, and makes you want to be with him. That’s the type you end up falling in love with, the type you want to be with forever, the type you can’t live without…'

 

She turned her head slightly and watched him concentrate on her drawing, ‘the type you want to be with forever…the type you can’t live without…’

 

Jiyong looked at her and did a double take when he realised she was staring at him, “What?” 

Dara blinked and looked down at the drawing and shook her head although her heart was palpitating heavily. She patted her chest gently trying to calm her heart. Jiyong noticed and held onto her hand, “Are you hurting there?”

Dara inhaled sharply and nodded and then shook her head, “ani…I don’t know.”

 

“I’ll go get the doctor” He stood up quickly but Dara held onto his arm, “Dara if you’re hurt I need to get the doctor.”

 

She shook her head and furrowed her brows, “it doesn’t hurt…it just feels strange.”

 

Jiyong slowly sat back down, “Strange? It could be your meds?”

 

“My medicine?” Dara asked as she thought about it, “maybe you’re right…but…why does it only happen when you’re near?”

 

Jiyong paused at this and stared at her with surprise, he looked down at how she was clutching her shirt close to her heart and he looked back up at her. She was looking at him with an expression full of question.

 

“It feels strange here whenever you’re close by…” she held onto her heart, “When I first met you…and when you helped me” Dara looked around trying to figure things out herself, “when you gave me the drawing book…and when you gave me that dress and when you carried me home…and now…now it’s happening again” she shook her head and looked at him for answers, “Why is it like this only with you?”

 

Jiyong sat there in silence unable to answer her. He had no answer to give her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyang crossed his arms across his chest and leaned back watching Sohyun drink her coffee. Sohyun looked up and smiled at Taeyang again. “Don’t do that in front of me” Taeyang said bluntly.

 

“I can’t help it” Sohyun shrugged, “You just make me smile.”

 

Taeyang furrowed his brows, “Cut the crap. Why did you bring me here?”

 

“You’re meant to keep me happy remember?” Sohyun replied.

 

Taeyang gritted his teeth and stood up, “You always knew how to get what you wanted. Just do that again.”

 

“Don’t you miss us?” Sohyun asked stopping him from walking out of there, “Don’t you ever think about us?”

 

Taeyang curled his hands into fists, “Your games don’t work on me anymore.”

 

Sohyun stood up now and pretended to wipe something from his jacket just to get close to him, “I think about us all the time…don’t you remember just how much in love we were?”

 

“Was that before or after you cheated on me?” Taeyang replied bluntly making her startle slightly.

 

“It didn’t mean I didn’t love you” she said slowly.

 

Taeyang shook his head in disbelief, “You’ll never change Sohyun.”

 

“You know I loved you” she said ignoring his comment, “You know that was real.”

 

Taeyang stepped away, “Whether it was real or not, I really couldn’t care less. In fact I’m thankful you cheated on me, it was better I found out sooner than later.”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked slightly angry now.

 

“It means you showed me your true side” Taeyang explained with a satisfied smile, “You saved me from spending the rest of my life with you.”

 

Sohyun stood there for a moment in shock, “No…you would come back to me in a heartbeat if I wanted you back.”

 

“Back then maybe” Taeyang placed his hands in his pockets, “But now…” he leaned over to her, “I wouldn’t even touch you with a stick.” He smirked at her one last time and walked out of there.

 

Sohyun inhaled deeply and glared at the door, “You sure about that Taeyang?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This looks gross” Young deuk stepped away when Minzy brought the chicken feet. He saw Minzy glaring at him and smiled suddenly, “But I’m willing to try it…I’ll try anything.”

Minzy smiled brightly and sat on the side of the road before taking out a chicken foot. Young deuk sat down slowly and grimaced at his fate. She really was hard work wasn’t she? “Here you go” she handed him the foot. Young deuk looked at it weakly, maybe his stomach wasn’t as strong as he thought.

 

“How…um…where…do I start...” he tried to figure out how to eat it when Minzy suddenly shoved it in his mouth, “MMPHH!”

 

Minzy laughed loudly as she watched Young deuk turn green in the face, “Wae? Don’t you like it?”

 

Young deuk grimaced and shuddered, “…I can feel it’s claw”

 

Minzy paused for a moment, this seemed just like the scene from the book. Here was a guy willing to try anything just to make her understand that he liked her. Just like in the book, and look where that led the characters in the book. Absolutely nowhere.

 

“Seriously I can feel its claw” Young deuk complained while Minzy looked at him full of worry. Was their fate going to end up just like in the book?

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom tiredly opened her eyes and looked around in the dark. She tried to sit up when she felt something over her legs. She looked down and startled slightly to find Top fast asleep on the other end of the bed with his arm flung over her legs.

 

“So much for waking me up” she smiled and shook her head, She pulled her legs out and leaned over him, “Top…top wake up” she nudged him but he just mumbled incoherently. She giggled at his messy hair and half open mouth, “yah…palli” she shook his more now, “yah-ahh!” he suddenly pulled her arm so she was lying next to him now. She held her breath and laid there like a log.

 

Finally he opened one eye and peered at her, “I told you I’d wake you up, why the rush?”

 

“Do you know what time it is?” Bom whispered, “It’s 11.”

 

“Yeah well I was going to wake up at 11:30” Top mumbled and closed his eyes again.

 

“If someone comes-“

 

“ssh” he mumbled again.

 

“I’m being serious-“

 

The door suddenly opened and two doctors walked into the room “God I’m so tired”

 

"I know, these shifts are killing me" another complained

 

Both Bom and Top looked at each in panic suddenly. Top tried to stand up but Bom pulled him back and flung the covers over them.

 

“yah-mmph” Top hissed but Bom covered his mouth and prayed the doctors would leave.

 

 

“Oh someone’s sleeping here already” the doctors stopped short when they saw the bed with someone in there, “…who is it?”

 

Bom clamped her teeth together and just hoped they’d leave, she jabbed at Top for the situation they were in.

 

“Whoever it is, they look obese…”

 

Bom gritted her teeth angrily and huffed.

 

“But who is it?” the doctor stepped forward, “Let me check.”

 

Top and Bom looked at each other both wide eyed. Bom panicked trying to think of something to do before they were discovered.

 

“I’ll just check-“

 

*snoooorrrreeeeeeeee*

 

The doctor stepped back startled.

 

Bom cringed and made a snoring noise again, *snooooooreeeeee*

 

“Maybe we should leave them” the doctors backed away, “They sound tired.”

 

*SNOOOORRRREEEEEEEE*

 

The doctors quickly pushed each other out of the room as the snores started to sound like Jurassic Park now. As soon as they left Bom threw the covers off and sighed with relief.

 

 

“AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHH!”

 

She turned around to find Top in fits of laughter, “Laugh all you want, but I just saved our butts!”

 

“SNOOORREEE” he imitated her while holding his stomach.

 

“YAH!” Bom hit him with the pillow while he continued to laugh, “Stop it!”

 

“AHAHAHAHHA-mpppmmhh!” Bom clasped her hand over his mouth to stop him.

 

“Are you not going to stop?!” Bom glared at him and Top nodded quickly, “arasso…” she took her hands off him and he sat there staring at her wanting to laugh. Bom rolled her eyes, “Don’t you dare laugh-“

 

“AHAHHAAHHA!” Top jokingly hit Bom’s back and kept laughing, “Bom come on, it was funny.”

 

“It was humiliating!” Bom retorted.

 

“It was a little funny” Top repeated and looked at her with a twinkle in his eyes. Bom sighed and suddenly let out a smile and covered her face with embarassment. She looked up at Top who was about to burst into fits of laughter and for some reason she started laughing too. There was something about Top. He brought out Bom’s true side and Bom was slowly realising that maybe this wasn’t a bad thing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

CL opened her father’s door and startled slightly when she saw Seungri standing beside her father, “Oh my god what are you doing?!” she ran to him and pushed him aside before checking everything was ok. She looked at her father and sighed with relief when she realised he was asleep. She turned to Seungri angrily now, “What do you think you’re doing here?!”

 

“Don’t worry, I wasn’t here to kill him” Seungri replied bluntly making Cl glare at him, “I’m not that dumb.”

 

“Then what were you doing here?!” Cl hissed and eyed her father making sure not to wake him up.

 

“I came to see him” he shrugged, “Can’t I do that?”

 

“No!” Cl replied, “You’d rather see him dead! I don’t want you anywhere near him!”

 

Seungri looked at Mr Lee sleeping and he gritted his teeth, “Kill him? I want him to be wide awake so he can see how I’m going to ruin him-“

 

“Stop it! Just stop it!” Cl cried out before pulling him out of the room, “I don’t know what you’re up to but please just leave my father alone!”

 

“You know I can’t do that” he shook his head.

 

“Why not?!” Cl shouted, “You said yourself you don’t like to see me hurt, well if you hurt my father you’re hurting me! So please don’t harm my father. Please Seungri.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing tomorrow?” Top asked Bom as they left the staff room.

 

“Meeting Shiwon oppa” Bom replied as she walked.

 

“Or…you could come with me” Top nudged her making her look behind.

 

“Where?” she furrowed her brows.

 

Top shrugged, “Just somewhere.”

 

Bom shook her head and started walking again, “Hm a lovely date with Shiwon oppa or a guaranteed disaster with you, I think I’ll stick to Shiwon oppa.”

 

“You mean a boring date with the ant man or a one of a kind, free, out of this world amazing, fantastic-“

 

“I get it!” Bom stopped him, “I get it but no.”

 

“We’re leaving at 8 am tomorrow morning” Top told her as he headed out of the hospital.

 

“I’m not going” Bom replied as she headed towards her car, she stopped and turned to face Top when he stood there, “…aren’t you coming home?”

 

Top smiled slightly at this, “No, I’ve got to get back to the station.”

 

“This late?” Bom looked at her watch.

 

“Well, it’s tough being a police man but someone’s got to do it-“

 

“Why did I even ask” Bom rolled her eyes and got into her car.

 

Top laughed, “I’ll see you tomorrow then, don't be late” he shouted as her car zoomed off.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri sat in his room in the dark and sighed heavily.

 

'You said yourself you don’t like to see me hurt, well if you hurt my father you’re hurting me! So please don’t harm my father. Please Seungri.'

 

He leaned his head back and stared into empty space, was he really contemplating listening to Cl? 10 years of yearning to ruin one man and now all of a sudden just because of one girl, his heart was wavering.

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong looked down at Dara who was fast asleep, her head leaning on his chest, her hand placed over his arm.

 

'It feels strange here whenever you’re close by…' she held onto her heart, 'When I first met you…and when you helped me' Dara looked around trying to figure things out herself, 'when you gave me the drawing book…and when you gave me that dress and when you carried me home…and now…now it’s happening again' she shook her head and looked at him for answers, 'Why is it like that?'

 

She moved and shivered slightly. Jiyong looked up at the open window and then back at her, he pulled the covers over her shoulder and pulled her closer to him. He grimaced at what she’d asked him. Deep within him he knew what Dara was trying to say, but he couldn’t admit it. He didn’t want to. Was it that he didn’t want to hurt her feelings or was it that he felt the same way about her?

 

Jiyong looked at the bandage wrapped around her head and he gritted his teeth. His arm protectively wrapped around her tiny frame. He may not have figured out how he felt about her, but he knew one thing, whoever did this to her was going to pay.

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sukjin stood outside the hospital and stared up at light shining from Dara’s room.

 

“It won’t be easy escaping me Dara…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Annyeong my lovely readers. Hope everyone is good :)

 

Just wanted to say a little thank you to everyone who is taking their time to read 'Only Love' and for commenting, subscribing and voting. It really means a lot to me. Please please keep commenting and writing about your thoughts on the story, your comments really do bring a smile to my face and they make me want to write more.

 

Ahhh there's so much I have to write for this story, I'm so excited!! Please keep supporting 'Only Love', I promise I will try my hardest not to disappoint you.

 

Authornim.