Special

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minzy walked slowly down the corridor in a daze and a silly smile on her face. She brought her hands to her cheek and sighed deeply before looking up. She caught sight of Young deuk walking towards her, he was reading a file and hadn’t seen her. She stopped and opened slightly when she suddenly saw him walking in slow motion. Everything around him blurred and somehow his skin was glowing in the afternoon sun. The light sparkled around him and Minzy sighed again before slapping her cheeks gently.

 

Young deuk looked up and did a double look when he saw Minzy standing there staring at him. He smiled and walked over to her, “Minzy, how are you?”

 

Minzy smiled goofily, “I’m ok” she fiddled with her uniform and sneeked a look at him.

 

“What time’s your break?” he asked.

 

“In an hour” Minzy traced her hair behind her ear.

 

“Ok, wait for me” Young deuk said as he started walking away from her, “I’ll take my break with you.” Minzy nodded and looked down at her feet. “Oh and Minzy” he suddenly called out making her look up, “I know you think I’m handsome but we’re at work you probably stop staring at me like that” he laughed slightly before running away leaving Minzy burning red with embarrassment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara traced the daisy chain on her pillow before looking up at JIyong who was doing his work in her room. She smiled and looked down at her stomach, it felt like a hundred butterflies were fluttering inside her. She looked up at him and relaxed again, somehow she knew those feelings were nothing to worry about. She titled her head slightly as she watched Jiyong reading through a file, with that permanent furrowed brow, that slight frown on his lips and his eyes, his black piercing eyes. She placed a hand on her chest and calmed her thumping heart. She quickly took her drawing pad from the side of her bed and opened a fresh new page. She looked at him and smiled shyly before starting to draw him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing standing there?” Top turned and called Bom over.

 

Bom looked hesitantly, Top was knee deep in water and calling her over, “Is it not cold?”

 

“It’s freezing” he replied truthfully, “But does that really matter?”

 

“I get ill easily” Bom said edging away from the tide.

 

“Bom” he said sternly. Bom bit her lip and finally started rolling her jeans up. She looked up again and walked over towards her. Top stepped back towards her and held his hand out to her, “Ah it’s cold” she cried and tried to back away but Top held onto her hand and pulled her in.

 

“You’ll get used it” he smiled at her and stopped when they were knee deep in water again.

 

After a moment Bom splashed the water with her hands, “you’re right…but why are we standing here?”

 

“You said you wanted to go back to being you right?” he asked and she nodded seriously, “Then you’re going to have to promise that you’ll follow everything I say.” Bom looked at him suspiciously, “What? I’m not going to make you do anything illegal!”

 

Bom finally looked towards the open ocean and nodded, “Ok Choi Top. I’ll do whatever you say.”

 

“Good” TOP looked towards the ocean, “First, you need to let go of this Bom.” Bom looked at him startled but she didn’t say anything. “Just look ahead of you and let go of her in your own way. Scream it out so she really does leave.” Bom slowly looked back at the ocean and she suddenly became conscious of everything around her. The sound of the waves around her, the seagulls above them, the rays of the sun on her skin. But she didn’t feel scared. In fact she felt excited, she realised at that moment she’d never been so ready to start anew. Top eyed her curiously wondering what she was thinking, “Take it slow if you-“

 

“YAH PARK BOM YOU USELESS PUPPET!” Bom suddenly screamed with all her might making Top step back slightly. He wasn’t expecting that from her this fast, “YOU BABO! DO YOU KNOW YOU WASTED 18 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE PRETENDING TO BE SOMEONE ELSE?!” she shouted at the ocean, “WELL GUESS WHAT?! I’M NOT GOING TO DO IT ANYMORE! I’M GOING TO DO WHAT I WANT FROM NOW ON! I DON’T NEED YOUR STUPID GUILT OR YOUR USELESS MORALS! DO YOU HEAR ME?! I’M GOING TO LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT AND NOT AS SOMEONE ELSE! I’M NOT GOING TO FEEL SORRY ANYMORE DO YOU HEAR ME PARK BOM?!”

 

Top stood there with his mouth hanging open. Bom exhaled loudly, “Wow that felt soooo good” she turned to Top and smiled brightly.

 

“Y-yeah” he nodded quickly and smiled back impressed.

 

Bom suddenly looked down and before he could react she splashed him with water. Top stood there gobsmacked while Bom laughed at him until he splashed her right back, “Ack!” she coughed out the water, “Come here!” she grabbed him in a head lock and splashed water all over him as revenge.

 

“Right! That’s it!” he grabbed her hands and twisted her around in front of him, Bom held her breath and the closeness but before she could push him away he carried her over her shoulder and flipped her back into the water.

 

“HWAH!” she emerged from the water with a sea weed over her head, “YAH CHOI TOP!” she screamed but he was already running towards the beach, “YOU’RE SOOOOOO DEAAAAAADDDDD!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Music: Evening sky by Ailee]

 

 

 

 

*thud*

 

Jiyong looked up and saw that Dara had dropped her drawing pad on the floor. He looked at her and sighed when he saw her sound asleep. He stood up and walked over to her before picking up the book. As he started placing it on the table he caught sight of the unfinished drawing of him. He opened the book properly and looked at it curiously, “Why am I smiling in this?” he frowned. His face softened slowly and put it on the table before looking back at Dara. He gently placed her hanging arm on the bed beside her and fixed her pillow for her. He then pulled the covers over her when she suddenly placed her hand on his. He looked at her and saw her looking at him quietly, “you weren’t sleeping?”

 

“I was…you woke me” she smiled gently.

 

“Sorry” he said and sat on the bed beside her.

 

“Why are you here?” she asked slowly, “You should be at work…”

 

“You don’t want me here?” he asked raising a brow making her shake her head.

 

“No, that’s not what I meant” she bit her lip apologetically.

 

“Then why do I feel like you’ve been trying to push me away ever since your accident?” he asked.

 

Dara paused for a moment before shaking her head, “You’re not imagining it.” Jiyong looked at her slightly disappointed at her answer, “I am trying to push you away.”

 

Jiyong furrowed his brows slightly, “You’re still upset over what I said to the night of your accident aren’t you?”

 

“I’m not upset” she said quietly, “I’m…hurt, but not at you.” she quickly added.

 

“Then at who?” he asked turning himself slightly to face her.

 

Dara shrugged, “I don’t know…all I know is what you said is true-“

 

“I didn’t mean it” he shook his head.

 

“Yes you did” she replied making him quieten down, “I wasn’t thinking about you…I was just happy in my own little world because for the first time in my life there was someone I felt safe with...and I still do. To me you’ll always be the safest…” They looked at each other for a long time before Dara spoke again, “but I can’t keep making it difficult for you…I owe you that much.”

 

“There’s no point talking about this because you don’t understand” Jiyong said slightly angry now and stood up when suddenly Dara held onto his arm and sat up before kissing his cheek. Jiyong stopped and stood there frozen for a moment.

 

Dara blinked slightly before looking up at him, “I..I don’t know why I did that…I’m so sorry. I just didn’t want you to be angry-hwah” she gasped when he suddenly turned back around and held both her arms. She gulped as one of his hands traced up her arm and neck before they stopped at her cheek. Jiyong’s eyes followed his hands to her face and then slowly to her eyes. His dark black eyes pierced straight through her heart, she held her breath and tried to keep her lips from trembling.

His thumb slowly traced her bottom lip and his gaze landed to her lips as he edged forward. Dara’s breathing sharpened as she felt his cool breath on her lips now. He was so close, she just sat frozen. She couldn’t say a word or move a muscle. She just sat there with his arm around his waist and his thumb tracing her lip. All she could do was look at his eyes. She’d never seen his eyes this close. What were always full of disinterest if not distaste were now filled with something else. The way he looked at her made him seem so vulnerable, even more than her. Yet there was this spark, it drew her even closer to him. They were so dark, yet in them she could see warmth. She could see light.

 Jiyong’s gaze flickered down to her lips again, his hand held her even tighter now. He couldn’t think of anything at that moment, all he wanted to do was feel her lips on his. He could feel her shallow breaths on his skin and his attention went back to her lips. Finally he edged closer and closer so that their lips were nearly touching now-

 

“Dara!”

 

Dara looked up to see Minzy entering the room and she quickly backed away from Jiyong before Minzy saw. Minzy looked up and saw the two acting weird all of a sudden, “…is everything ok here?”

 

Dara and Jiyong looked at each other and then back at Minzy not knowing how to react, “I need some air” JIyong finally stood up and walked out of the room leaving Minzy confused and Dara sitting there trying to calm her palpitating heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

 

 

 

{Present day}

 

 

 

Soomi realised she was clutching onto her shirt a bit too tightly and she released her hand immediately and straightening the crease. She looked up when she realised Dara had stopped talking and was gazing out of the window again. “Minzy shi doesn’t have the best timing in the world does she” she smiled when Dara looked back at her.

 

“Hm?” Dara raised her brows and then smiled shyly, “Oh…I guess.”

 

“Were you disappointed you didn’t get to kiss him then?” Soomi slightly making Dara laugh loudly.

 

She finally quietened down and shook her head, “I wouldn’t change that moment with him for the world.”

 

Soomi furrowed her brows, “Why?”

 

Dara slowly rubbed her arms as she looked out the window, “Because of what I saw in his eyes that day.”

 

“What do you mean?” Soomi asked quietly and more seriously now.

 

“For the first time…” Dara smiled softly, “I saw love.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top and Bom sat with their backs against each other using the same towel to dry their hair while waiting to catch some fishes.

 

“Are you sure there are fishes here?” she peered down into the water, “I can’t see anything.”

 

Top dried the back of his hair, “Trust me on this one.”

 

Bom rolled her eyes, “That’s what I’m afraid of” she turned around to face him now, “Here let me” she reached for the towel and started to dry his hair for him.

 

He smiled and closed his eyes, “I could get used to this…ahhhh, hey you want to give up being a doctor and become my maid-ahh!” he rubbed the back of his head where Bom had hit him.

 

 

 

“You know I never wanted to become a doctor” she said after a while, she finished drying his hair and sat next to him.

 

Top raked his hair back with his fingers and looked at her, “What did you want to become then?”

 

Bom smiled and brought her knees close to her, “A kindergarten teacher.” Top smiled at this and Bom closed her eyes before leaning her chin on her knees, “somewhere far away from here…where I’m just a teacher, just Bom and not the girl who was kidnapped, not the girl who lost her parents…not this girl…” she opened her eyes slowly and stared out into the water, “What about you?”

 

“Me?” he asked and sat up slightly straight, “I’m what I always wanted to be.”

 

Bom looked around at him, “I’m jealous of you, you know that Choi Top?” he furrowed his brows at this but Bom nodded, “I’m being serious. You’ve always done what you think is right, what you want to do…not everyone has that luxury.”

 

“Is that why you hate me so much?” he asked half-jokingly.

 

Bom’s face fell slightly, “No…” she hesitated before looking up at him again, “You really don’t remember me?”

 

Top looked at her curiousy, from the moment they’d made Bom kept saying things that made it seem like they knew each other, but for some reason he couldn’t remember, “I-“

 

*splash*

 

They both looked towards the fishing poles and stood up when the line started tugging, “FISH!” Top rushed to the pole and grabbed it while Bom flapped around him not knowing what to do.

 

“What do I do?” she asked frantically, “WHAT DO I DO?!”

 

“Ssh!” Top pulled at the pole as the line stretche even more, “Sh!t I think this one is big!”

 

“Like a shark big?!” Bom gasped making Top look back at her stupidified, “Top! The line!” Bom pointed back just as Top lost control of the pole and when he went to reach it he tripped and fell face first into the water. Instead of helping him, Bom without thinking pulled her shoe off and jumped into the shallow water before whacking the fish with her shoe…obviously she missed. -_-

They both emerged from the water in unison and saw the state of each other before bursting into fits of laughter.

 

“I should have recorded you” Bom clutched her stomach and laughed loudly not noticing Top was smiling.

 

“Yah chingu!” he called out to her making her look up at him. He just stood there smiling, it felt good, better than good seeing her like this. Who would have thought she could be like this.

 

“What is it?” she asked getting her breath back.

Top stood there for a moment before shaking his head, “Nothing, why don’t we just go somewhere else and eat. I don’t think we’ll be catching any fish today.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

*beep*

 

Cl swiped her phone open, it was a text from Seungri. She paused before finally reading it.

 

I know I didn’t answer your question earlier, but I don’t want to think about later, I just know that right now I like you. I’ll be waiting for you at the café opposite the hotel at 9 tonight…

 

She sighed and looked up at the clock on the wall, it was 8:30 pm already. She bit her lip and tried to figure out what to do.

 

“Why are you even thinking CL?” she asked herself, “You don’t even…like…him” she slowed down and remembered how he stood up for her in front of the board members and how he saved her from the reporters. She suddenly shook her head, “You were in that situation because of him in the first place! No, I will never ever give him a chance!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“agh!” Top rubbed his head furiously in pain, “YAH! Did I flick you that hard?!”

 

Bom bit her lip and tried hard not to laugh, “You said you could handle it.”

 

“You didn’t hit me with your finger did you?” he grabbed her hand and yanked it close to him. Bom held her breath as he examined her hand.

 

“Y..yah” she stuttered and pulled her hand back, “You lost the game-“

 

“Let’s play again then” Top shook his head, his competitive streak kicking in.

 

“No” Bom placed her hands behind her back.

 

“You scared?” Top raised a brow teasingly.

 

“Just pay the bill, you lost” Bom started getting up.

 

“This is nothing to do with the bill” Top pulled her down again, “I told you I was going to pay but you had to pretend to all independent and all trying to pay for yourself-“

 

“So we decided on a game and you lost so you pay. See aren’t you happy I didn’t pay and your man ego can still stay intact?” she asked back.

 

“Ssh!” he pulled her hand out again, “Just play.”

 

“It’s boring if we don’t play for something” Bom pouted.

 

“What do you want to play for then?” Top asked while Bom thought of something, “Palli, we need to get back to Seoul-“

 

“Whoever wins gets a wish” Bom quickly said.

 

“Deal” Top shook her hand. “Ready”

 

Bom nodded, “Rock Paper Scissors-AHHHH I WON!”

 

Top groaned, “ACK!” he rubbed his head again when Bom flicked him without him being ready. Bom laughed out loud while he mumbled incoherent words to himself. “What do you want then?” he asked grumbling half his words.

 

“My wish?” Bom edged closer to him, “…can we stay the night here?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sukjin pulled the cap down to hide his facec more and walked down the corridor slowly. He turned into the ward where Dara was staying and calculated in his head where her room would be. He saw the door lightly ajar and started slowly walking towards it.

 

He slowly peeked into the room and saw Dara sleeping in the bed. He grinned but he suddenly heard someone behind him, he turned to see two nurses walk into the ward. He quickly stepped away and hid from them.

 

“Minzy, the doctor said that Dara can be discharged tomorrow” the senior nurse informed Minzy at the Nurse station, “So if you could tell her guardian to go fill out the forms for the discharge.”

 

“Neh” Minzy smiled happily and walked off to find Jiyong.

 

 

 

Sukjin grimaced when he heard this, he had to act fast. He had to take Dara before she left the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri sat in the coffee chop waiting anxiously. He checked his watch, when he saw it was past 9 he deflated slightly. “I must be mad” he mumbled. Of course she wasn’t going to come, why would she? He was still trying to take over her company. He ruffled his hair furiously and covered his face with his hands, what idiot would end up liking his enemy’s daughter-

“uhum”

 

He furrowed his brows and took his hands away from his face, his eyes widened to find Cl sitting there opposite to him. “…you came?”

 

Cl looked away and straightened herself, “I didn’t agree to meet you because I like you arasso. I came because I was curious what goes on in that mind of yours.”

 

Seungri smiled and nodded, “If you say so.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Dara?” Jiyong asked Minzy once he handed her the discharge papers for tomorrow at the nurse station, “She’s not in her room.”

 

“She’s not?” Minzy gasped and looked around her anxiously.

 

“You were the last one with her-“ Jiyong stopped when from the corner of his eye he saw someone outside in the garden. It was raining and he squinted his eyes before sighing when he saw that it was Dara, “What’s she doing now?”

 

“I’ll go get her” Minzy said as she stepped out of the nurse station holding an umbrella when Jiyong took the umbrella without a word and walked out into the garden.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

[Music: Eyes nose lips piano version by Taeyang]

 

 

 

 

 

Dara smiled as the rain drops dropped one by one onto her palm. It felt cold and refreshing and she smiled up at the gloomy night sky. Every little mundane thing made her smile these days, things that others wouldn’t even glance at she’d pay her utmost attention to it like a little curious child. She shivered slightly now, “ah…it’s cold” but still she smiled.

 

 

“Why did you leave your room again?” Dara startled and turned around to see Jiyong angrily walking towards her. “Do you want to stay ill? Is that what you’re planning to do?” he asked as he pulled the umbrella over them.

 

“Ani” she shook her head and looked back at the sky, “Its just...it's raining…” she held out her palm again but Jiyong just grabbed her hand and pulled it back.

 

“You’re going to get sick” he said gruffily before looking away. Dara eyed him from the corner of her eye and when she thought he wasn’t looking anymore she sneaked her hand out of the umbrella to feel the rain again. She smiled and peeked at him, and immediately pulled her hand back when she saw him glaring at her.

 

“…sorry” she apologised and looked down at her feet. Jiyong furrowed his brows and frowned as he looked up at the hospital. He got ready to take her back in when he noticed something that made him smile slightly. Since Dara couldn’t poke her hands out, she’d turned to poking her foot out just to feel the rain. He watched her for a moment, before he slowly brought his hand to the side and without her seeing it, he reached his hand out to let the rain fall on his palm.

 

 

 

Minzy looked out through out of the hospital window and smiled at Dara and Jiyong standing there, her looking like a little child with her foot out and him, like her guardian angel.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

{Present}

 

 

“That was the first time I realised Jiyong oppa was in love with unnie” Minzy smiled as she reminisced, “You should have seen them…they had such a pure innocent kind of love, like how you feel when you fall in love for the very first time-” she stopped and looked out the window, “they were their first loves” she whispered and smiled sadly.

 

“It seems like they touched everyone’s hearts” Soomi commented.

 

Minzy nodded in agreement before looking at Soomi, “But it touched his the most…”

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

“It feels nice right?”

 

Jiyong looked around and saw that Dara had seen him. He quickly pulled his hand back and put it in his pocket, “No.”

 

Dara pouted slightly and pulled her foot back too, “Why do you not talk much?”

 

Jiyong frowned at her random question but didn’t answer which just proved her point.

 

Dara exhaled loudly, “The only time you talk a lot is when you’re angry with me otherwise you don’t talk.”

 

“I don’t like talking” he grumbled.

 

“I know that” Dara smiled at him but he just uncomfortably looked away, Dara pouted at this, “You also pretend you don’t like something when you do.”

 

“And you’re very observant” Jiyong sighed, “Let’s go-“

 

“Why did you do that last night?” Dara suddenly asked and immediately after clasped her hand over with regret. Jiyong stood there not knowing what to say either. Dara looked up apologetically, “…I’m sorry…I…shouldn’t have…I…”

 

“Stop stuttering” he mumbled and noticed her blinking again, “And blinking.” Dara did both and stood there with her eyes closed shut. JIyong felt a smile on his lips again so he quickly cleared his throat, “It doesn’t matter why I did, I mean nearly did…that, so don’t worry about things like that.”

 

“But Minzy said” Dara turned to face him, still with her eyes closed, “she said that a kiss if between two people who are very special to each other-“

 

“Wait what?!” Jiyong asked, “Minzy? You told Minzy?”

 

“I was confused” Dara shook her head, still with her eyes closed, “I didn’t know why my heart felt like it was going to explode so I told her and that’s what she told me, that you were trying to kiss me...” JIyong rubbed the back of his neck and tried to think of a way out of talking about this matter. Dara slowly peeked one eye open, “…so why did you?”

 

“Does it matter?!” he retorted a little too aggressively.

 

Dara looked down at her hands now, “…I guess I should have known that wouldn’t have been the reason for you…but..."

 

JIyong looked at her strangely now, “But what?”

 

Dara titled her head ever so slightly and studied his features "I saw...your eyes"

 

“My eyes?” he asked her making her look down at her hands nervously.

 

“I just saw something in them...” she whispered.

 

"That doesn't make any sense" he replied bluntly, "Just forget about it ok. Pretend like it never happened."

 

"Why? What will that do?" she asked genuinely.

 

"It'll help-" he raised his voice but held his tongue calming himself down, "Just trust me, it helps."

 

Dara nodded and smild softly, "It's ok Jiyong...if it helps then forget it."

 

"No, I want you to forget it!" he replied agitated at her.

 

Dara paused and shook her head, "I don't want to do that" she smiled at his surprised expression before stepping out from under the umbrella and walking in the rain towards the hospital. Jiyong looked at her for a moment before growling under his breath and storming towards her. He grabbed her arm and spun her around just as he let go of the umbrella. Dara looked up in shock as the rain fell on them. She blinked her eyes as the rain got into them but still she managed to look at him. 

 

Jiyong gripped her other arm and stood there towering over her, the heavy rain dripped down his hair and onto him cooling his fustration at her. "Why? Why don't you want to forget it?!"

 

Dara looked at him without an expression except for that innocence that always lingered in her eyes, "Because to me you're special. Every moment I spend with you is special...it's like you're a gift. Why would I even try to forget that?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

 

WOW, SERIOUSLY 'ONLY YOU' GOT FEATURED?! OMG!

 

I'm honestly just speechless, the story isn't even half done and to be featured is just amazing. First Undercover Love and now this too. Thank you to every one who's read this story and took their time to comment, subscribe, vote and just in general been there supporting this story and me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hope you enjoyed the update.

 

Icelolly xx