Their past

ONLY YOU

 

 

Ok before everyone starts reading this chapter, please go back to the foreword. I have written abit about the characters for you guys, because a few of their names changes so you might be confused, but it is all explained in the foreword.

 

Ah and warning this is probably the longest chapter I have ever written in my life!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Date: 17th April 1995

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?!! Where is she?!” a woman grabbed the police officer’s collar angrily, “Where is she?!”

 

“Mrs Lee calm down please. Mrs Lee!” Police officer Hong tried to calm the woman down.

 

“Yeobo” Mr Lee pulled his wife to him and hugged him, “They’ll find her, Chaerin is going to be fine.”

 

Mrs Lee cried hysterically in her husband’s arms, “Someone find my daughter please…someone please!”

 

 

 

 

Mrs Kwon held Mrs Choi’s hand, “Soojin they’ll find Minsook. They’re doing everything they can.”

 

Mrs Choi looked up to see Mrs Lee crying and she burst into tears herself, “I don’t understand…she was just there…how…how…oh god what am I meant to tell Seunghyun…”

 

Mrs Kwon hugged her and tried to calm her, “Soojin you can’t think of the worst, I’m sure we’ll find the girls.”

 

“But Seunghyun…how am I meant to tell him? He’s going to hate me! Ottoke?!” Mrs Choi cried frantically.

 

 

 

“Why haven’t we heard anything yet?!” Mr Choi demanded at the police officers.

 

 

 

“You must have heard something about Bom?! Please!” Mrs Park begged the officers.

 

“yeobo-“

 

“They have to know where Bom is?!” Mrs Park turned to her husband in panic, "She's only 6!! She needs me!"

 

“Please everyone calm down, please…just take a seat-“

 

“Take a seat?! My daughter has just been kidnapped and you want me to calm down-“

 

 

 

“Sandy?!” a man ran into the police station, “Where’s my daughter Sandara?!”

 

“Who are you?” officer Hong stepped forward as the man and his wife rushed into the police station.

 

“Sandara…my daughter” the man stuttered, “She was playing where those other three girls were abducted today and she hasn’t come home…she…she must have been abducted too! Please help!”

 

“Ok calm down sir” the officer placed his hand on the man’s shoulder“ I need to know what do you do for a living?”

 

“Neh?” him and his wife asked in disbelief. Why was that even important?

 

“It’s important for me to know” Officer Hong replied.

 

“I…I’m a doctor…just a doctor, I work at a small clinic outside the city-” Dr Park stuttered.

 

Hong sighed, “Then I don’t think your daughter was abducted Dr…”

 

“Park…Jung woo Park” he said quickly.

 

“Dr Park the three girls that were abducted today are from very affluent and wealthy families. It’s highly likely they were abducted for a ransom…I’m sorry if this may come across rude but these kidnappers have no reason to abduct your daughter if you don’t have money.”

 

 

“But…she…she didn’t come home” Mrs Park said, “She’s a good girl my daughter, she wouldn’t wander off on her own, please…here here is a picture of her” she gave Hong the photo, “Please help us!”

 

Dr Park turned around and held onto his wife as she cried and begged the officers to do something.

 

 

 

 

*ring ring*

 

“Yoboseyo?!” Mr Choi answered his phone, “Yoboseyo?!”

 

His face suddenly froze up and he looked at the police officers in shock.

 

 

“Who is it?!” Officer Hong grabbed the phone, “Hello?! Hello?!”

 

But the other side had hung up already, Hong turned back to MR Choi, “Mr Choi who was it?!”

 

 

The other parents looked at him expectantly.

 

 

Mr Choi gulped, “He said…he…he said he has our daughters.”

 

 

“Oh my god!” the parents gasped as the mothers leaned on their husbands for support.

 

 

“He said…he’ll phone us in one hour…to… to tell us what he wants in return for our daughters” Mr Choi stuttered before having to sit down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom cried in the corner as she covered her stinging cheek, “omma…omma…”

 

“Shut up!! I SAID SHUT UP!!” a masked man roared at her and then picked the little girl before shaking her violently.

 

“Ahh!” Bom screamed in pain when he threw her onto the cold hard ground.

 

 

“Bommie!” Chaerin ran to the man and hit his back with her little fist, “Stay away!!”

 

“Argh why these little kids!” he swung his arm around and knocked Chaerin to the ground.

 

“Unnie!” Minsook cried out but Dara pulled her close to him and looked nervously at the masked man.

 

 

“Now are you going to shut up?!” he growled.

 

 

The girls trembled with fear and kept their eyes on the ground as he stormed out of the room. The door shut behind them loudly and they heard him lock the door before shouting angrily at some other men.

 

Dara slowly released Minsook and walked up to Bom and Chaerin, “…are you ok?”

 

Bom looked at the little girl sitting in front of her with worried eyes and she shook her head, “…I want to go to my omma…”

 

“…me too” Dara’s lips trembled as she wiped her tears with the back of her hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Call them back! Tell them my daughter has nothing to do with this!” Dr Park shouted at Hong, “Tell them we’re not rich! They just took our Sandy away!”

 

“Dr Park I need you to calm down!” Hong tried to restrain him.

 

“No!” Dr Park shouted, “We have nothing to do with this! These rich people!” he looked at the other parents in disgust, “They’ll bring nothing but trouble-“

 

“Look it’s not just your kid they took!” Mr Lee stood up angrily, “My baby girl is missing too!”

 

“But my Sandy had nothing to do with this! Whoever took your kids must have taken her by accident too!” he turned back to Hong, “You need to call him-“

 

“And say what?!” Hong had had enough, “Say what exactly? Oh you took a poor man’s child and if you want money he won’t be able to give it to you? Is that what you want me to say?! That will only put your daughter in more danger!”

 

Dr Park’s face fell and he stumbled back and sat down beside his weeping wife.

 

 

 

“…and if we give them what they want…do you think they’ll give back our daughters?” Bom’s father asked.

 

Hong sighed and honestly replied, “I honestly don’t know Mr Park.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I want each one of you to talk on the phone to your parents when I tell you ok?” the masked man smiled his crooked teeth at the girls.

 

Minsook hid her face behind Bom from fright.

 

“Then you can go home to your parents”

 

Dara looked up nervously, “…you’ll let us go?”

 

“Of course” the man grinned again, “All you have to do is talk to your parents and tell them to come and get you.”

 

Dara bit her dry lips and gulped nervously again, “…can I talk to my mummy now?”

 

The man stood up and sighed, “No.”

 

Dara panicked, “Why not? Please-“

 

“Shut it!” his voice turned angry now.

 

Dara whimpered and leaned away from him.

 

 

“Ajhussi-“

 

The man turned back to Chaerin, who now had a large bruise where he had hit her, “What?!”

 

Chaerin looked at Minsook who looked extremely weak and faint, “please…give us some water-“

 

The man rubbed his forehead and stormed off.

 

The girls slumped back down on the hard ground and only their small cries filled the cold room.

 

Minsook was the youngest, only four years old while the other three girls were 6. Apart from Dara, the other three had met eachother at a small party that had been held at the park. But Dara was different from them, she wasn’t from a rich family like them. She lived a happy childhood with her appa and omma, but little did she know how much that was going to change.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Appa!” two boys around 8 years old ran into the police station followed by an older woman, their nanny.

 

“Seunghyun-ah” Mrs Choi stood up nervously.

 

 

“JIyong?” Mrs Kwon asked in surprise, “Where’s Leehi? I thought I told you to stay-“

 

Mrs Kwon stopped when she noticed the seriousness in Jiyong’s face as he looked at TOP and his mother.

 

Mrs Kwon bit her lips and looked too.

 

 

 

“…Omma?” Seunghyun asked with red eyes, “…Minsook?”

 

Mrs Choi burst into tears and Mr Choi had to support her up.

 

Litte Seunghyun’s eyes watered again, “…Did…someone really take my sister away?”

 

Mrs Choi turned away and hugged her husband unable to handle it.

 

“…Where is she?!” Seunghyun asked his mother angrily now, “Why didn’t you look after her properly-“

 

“Seunghyun!” Mr Choi shouted at his son, “This is no one’s fault. Don’t blame your mother-“

 

“You were drinking again weren’t you?!” Seunghyun shouted back angrily at his mother, “You didn’t look after Minsookie and now she’s gone!”

 

Mrs Choi stopped crying but her face twisted in pain.

 

“Seunghyun! Go home right now!” Mr Choi ordered his son.

 

“No! Not until I find Minsook! I don’t trust you to find her!” Seunghyun rolled his little hands into fists and glared back at his parents.

 

Mrs Choi slowly turned around in shock and saw the pure anger in her son’s face.

 

“If anything happens to my Minsook, I will never forgive you” Seunghyun said through clenched jaws.

 

“Seunghyun-“

 

*ring ring*

 

 

 

Mr Choi suddenly took his phone out and stared at the screen nervously, “It’s the same number.”

 

Hong rushed to his side, “Put them on loudspeaker and just do as I told you.”

 

Mr Choi nodded and answered the call, “…yo…yoboseyo?”

 

“Mr Choi?”

 

“Yes…this is Mr Choi” he gulped.

 

“Is Mr Park, Mr Lee and Mr Kwon there too?” the man asked.

 

 

Mr Kwon furrowed his brows as he stepped forward. Why did the kidnappers want to talk to him when his daughter wasn’t kidnapped?

 

 

“…yes..” Mr Choi replied.

 

“Good. We have Bom, Chaerin, Minsook and Leehi with us.”

 

“Leehi?!” Mrs Kwon gasped, “What does he mean Leehi?!”

 

 

“Ma’am Leehi is still at home with her aunt and the servants” the nanny replied.

 

 

“So then…who do they have?” Hong asked with furrowed brows.

 

 

“…Sandy…” Mrs Park shuddered, “Yeobo!” she turned to her husband, “They have Sandy!”

 

 

Before anyone could react the man spoke again, “Do you want to hear your daughters?”

 

 

“omma?” Minsook’s small and frightened voice rang through the phone.

 

“Oh my god baby!” Mrs Choi cried, “Baby mummy’s here-“

 

Seunghyun snatched the phone away angrily, “Minsookie?! It’s oppa! Where are you?!”

 

“…oppa” Minji started to cry, “oppa, I don’t like it here-“

 

“Enough!” the man spoke again before handing the phone to Bom.

 

 

“…he…hello”

 

“Bommie!” Mrs Park and Mr Park huddled to the phone, “Bom-ah don’t worry. We’ll get you home soon arasso my brave brave girl.”

 

“omma…hurry please” Bommie cried.

 

“We will-“

 

 

“Omma?” Chaerin’s voice could be heard now and Mrs Lee fell to the ground in agony.

 

“My baby…my baby” she held onto the phone.

 

“Appa...omma? Please save me. These men they’re hurting us-“

 

“Baby! Chaerin-ah!” Mr lee asked repeatedly but the men had pulled the phone away from her.

 

 

“…Omma?...”

 

“Sandy!” Mrs Park cried, “Sandy is that you?!”

 

“Omma-“

 

 

“Hello?! Hello!”

 

 

“Now you all know I have your daughters, I want you to listen to me carefully now.”

 

Mr Choi took the phone back, “What do you want?!”

 

“I want 30 billion won for each child by tomorrow morning. One of you and only one must come to the location I will text you tomorrow at 7 am sharp. There after you have given the money, I will let you know where the girls are.”

 

“How can we trust you?!” Mr Choi asked nervously.

 

“You have no choice Mr Choi. I want my 120 billion won tomorrow remember that” and with that he hung up.

 

 

“30 billion won?” Mrs Park gasped as she fell to her knees, they wouldn’t be able to find that kind of money, they weren’t rich like these other parents. What was going to happen to Sandy now?

 

“I told you! I told you they took Sandy by mistake thinking it was one of theirs!” Dr Park shouted as he pointed at the others.

 

 

 

“Leehi!” Mrs Kwon ignored him, “I need to go to Leehi!”

 

Mr Kwon nodded, “Arasso, go with Jiyong and stay there. I’ll stay here.”

 

Mrs Kwon turned to Jiyong, “Jiyong, please dear let’s go.”

 

Jiyong looked at Mrs Park on the floor weeping one last time before he was taken away by his mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The four girls huddled close to one another in a dark and damp warehouse. They had their hands and legs tied up preventing them from running away.

The men had left them an hour ago and there was no sound coming from outside anymore.

 

 

“…omma…” Minsook whimpered half asleep.

 

“sshh sssh” Bom tried to pat the little girl’s head.

 

 

“ugh…agh” Dara tried to pull the ropes off her hands.

 

“Stop it. You’re hurting yourself” Chaerin said trying to shuffle towards Dara.

 

“Omma was crying on the phone. I need to go to her” Dara said still trying to pry her little hands out of the strong ropes.

 

Chaerin looked around the room frantically, trying to find an escape. She looked at the small window high above, but how was a 6 year old meant to reach that. As smart as she was for a 6 year old there was no way she would be able to get there with her hands tied to her back.

 

“Omma gets ill quickly. I can’t let her worry!” Dara kept saying as she bruised her wrists trying to undo the ropes.

 

Chaerin pushed herself up and suddenly started hoping to the other side of the room.

 

The other girls looked at her puzzled as she fell onto her knees and started rubbing her back to something.

 

 

Bom sniffed and blinked her eyes, “Cee…what are you doing?”

 

“wait…agh” suddenly Chaerin brought her free hands in front of her.

 

The girls gasped as Chaerin started undoing the ropes holding her legs together.

 

“Cee hurry!” Bom shouted just as Minsook started to wake up.

 

Chaerin ran to the others and started to untie the other girls quickly.

 

 

 

 

“I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET DRUNK! WE HAVE TO BE UP EARLY TOMORROW!”

 

 

 

The girls held their breaths when they heard the men outside.

 

“…they’re back” Dara gasped.

 

“Quickly” Bom ran to the window but it was too high up.

 

Dara panicked and looked around until she found an old wooden chair on the other corner. Chaerin saw where she was looking and the two little girls ran to the chair.

 

“Palli Cee” Bom whispered while holding onto Minsook.

 

Dara and Chaerin pushed the chair to the window.

 

 

“Cee you go first then I’ll help Minsook up-“

 

 

*CRASH*

 

 

 

“Ahh!” Dara startled at the sound of broken glasses outside.

 

 

“Cee hurry!” Bom whispered as Chaerin stepped on the broken chair. She just about reached the window.

 

Dara and Bom quickly ran to her side and helped push her up as the little girl held onto the window with all her might until she reached for the sides of the window and pulled herself up.

 

“Cee jump!” Bom cried out, “Just jump!”

 

Chaerin looked at the bush underneath her and took a deep breath before jumping off.

 

“You go next!” Dara helped Bom up to the window she then helped Minsook up into Bom’s arms.

 

 

 

“GO CHECK ON THE GIRLS!”

 

 

 

Dara and Bom looked at each other wide eyed when they heard the men making their way to the girls. Bom turned outside and looked down at Chaerin, “Cee hurry catch Minsook!”

 

Chaerin got on her feet and looked up at Bom nervously as Bom lowered Minsook to her.

 

Bom turned back to Dara and held her hand out to her. Dara grabbed it and pulled herself up on the chair.

 

 

“THEY’RE ESCAPING!!”

 

Bom and Dara looked back at the door and saw one of the men looking at them through the crack in the door as he tried to unlock the door.

 

 

“Hurry!” Chaerin shouted from outside.

 

 

“Agh!” Bom tried to pull Dara up.

 

 

The door suddenly flung open and the men started running towards them.

 

Dara turned back to Bom and she instantly let go of Bom’s hand and pushed Bom away from her. Bom’s eyes widened, why was she letting go?

 

“RUN!” Dara shouted to Bom as one of the men grabbed hold of her, “RUN!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong stood by the door and watched his mother soothe his little sister, Leehi to sleep. But his mind was somewhere else. He kept imagining the woman  crying on the police station floor. His brows furrowed as he heard her screams in her head.

 

“JIyong-ah?”

 

His eyes shot up to see his mother looking at him perculiarly.

 

“Come here” she smiled.

 

Jiyong shook his head and looked away.

 

Mrs Kwon sighed, he’d been like this since they’d got home. He wasn’t usually like this. She stood up and walked to him.

 

“Jiyong-ah” she held his hand gently.

 

JIyong looked up at his mother, his little innocent eyes full of worry.

 

“What’s the matter my darling?” Mrs Kwon got onto her knees and looked at him.

 

 

JIyong’s eyes slowly wandered off to where Leehi was sleeping.

 

Mrs Kwon sighed and looked at her daughter before turning back to him, “I know you were scared today honey…but be thankful nothing bad happened to Leehi.”

 

But Jiyong’s head filled up with the image of the crying woman again…crying for her Sandy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Let me take Minsook!” Bom picked the little girl from Chaerin’s arm quickly and the little girls started running through the woods again.

 

“What… about the… other girl?” Chaerin asked out of breath.

 

“agh!” Bom fell onto the hard ground with Minsook.

 

“unnie…” Minsook shivered on the ground.

 

“Mi…mianhe” Bom frantically reached for her and pulled her up before starting to run again.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

 

 

“ahhh…omma! APPA!!” Dara screamed as one of the men pulled her by the hair and threw her across the room.

 

 

“GO FIND THOSE GIRLS NOW!!” he snarled at three other men.

 

 

 

----------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Bom look over there!” Chaerin pointed at a small clearing with a small farmhouse, “Maybe someone lives there!”

 

Bom nodded and pulled Minsook closer to her before running after Chaerin down the hill towards the farmhouse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure?” Hong asked his officer again.

 

“Neh” the police officer nodded, “A witness said she saw a van that matched our description heading that way.”

 

“Get the men ready!” Hong ordered.

 

 

“What’s going on?!” Mr Choi stopped Hong.

 

“We’ve got a lead” Hong said.

 

“I’m coming!” Mr Choi said quickly.

 

“Mr Choi you can’t. Please trust us and stay here. As soon as we know something we will let you know.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Cee stay here with Minsookie”, Bom told Chaerin, “Stay here, and run away if those scary ajhussis come again.”

 

“…where are you going?” Chaerin asked frightened.

 

“I’m going to get help” Bom said determined.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Bom tiptoed and tried to peer through the window, “…hello? Is anybody here?”

 

She looked around nervously before knocking on the window again.

 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ssh minsookie ssh” Chaerin tried to calm the little girl down as she fell asleep, “ssh..”

 

 

 

“Check in there!”

 

 

Chaerin’s eyes suddenly grew wide. The bad ajhussis were here. She frantically looked around for Bom, when would she be back?

 

 

“Check those stables!”

 

 

Chaerin panicked, that’s where they were hiding. Her breathing shortened, she couldn’t let them be caught, but with Minsookie they wouldn’t be able to run fast enough. She had to create a distraction. She looked around and found a small heap of hay in the corner and she slowly got up and ran there.

 

She held her breath when she heard loud footsteps and she quickly laid little Minsookie on the hay and covered her up. Chaerin then stood up and ran out of the stables towards where Bom had gone.

 

 

“OVER THERE!” the men shouted when Chaerin ran past them, “CATCH HER!!”

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“Bom!” Chaerin shouted.

 

Bom turned around to find Chaerin running after her and then saw the men behind.

 

“Where’s MInsookie?!” Bom exclaimed as Chaerin reached her.

 

Chaerin pulled her to run too, “Safe! I hid her from the bad men!"

 

Bom looked back at the men closing in on them and started to run with all her might with Chaerin.

 

 

 

“CATCH THEM!”

 

 

Bom and Chaerin refused to look back as they ran through large bushes. Without a pause they kept pushing through the branches and thorns until they fell onto a concrete road.

 

 

“HURRY THEY’RE GETTING AWAY!”

 

 

 

The girls panicked and started running down the road when suddenly bright lights blinded their eyes and they fell back on the road.

 

Bom squinted her eyes and saw a man in a police uniform step out of his car and run towards them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why haven’t they called yet?” Dr Park asked pacing the police station up and down.

 

“Please stay calm” one of the officers tried to reassure them.

 

“My daughter is out there in danger and you want me to stay calm?!” Mr Lee stood up angrily.

 

 

 

*ring ring* *ring ring*

 

The officer excused himself and went to answer the call.

 

 

 

 

“Yeobo I can’t stay here just like this. Please let’s go find Bom, please yeobo” Mrs Park begged her husband.

 

 

 

“Seunghyun, I need you to go home” Mr Choi kneeled down in front of his son.

 

Seunghyun looked up at his father.

 

“Don’t you trust me son?” Mr Choi asked, “I will bring Minsookie back arasso?”

 

Seunghyun gritted his teeth and glared at his mother who flinched slightly with guilt.

 

 

 

 

“They’ve found the girls!” the officer ran back to the parents.

 

“WHAT?!” the parents exclaimed.

 

 

“A police station from a town near Seoul just rang to say two girls were picked up by the road side. Officer Hong is on his way there too.”

 

“2?” Mrs Park gasped, “…why just two?!”

 

 

“If you have cars, follow us! We’re going now” the officer explpained before running out of the station.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you taking her?” Bommie asked the men from the ambulance who were putting Chaerin on a stretcher. She’d fainted after the police had found them.

 

“Would you like to go with her?” the kind man asked her.

 

Bom stepped back and shook her head nervously, “…omma said not to go anywhere with strangers…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“Yeobo hurry!” Mrs Park cried, “Bom-ah…she’s waiting for us.”

 

Mr Park sped down the road anxious to see if his daughter was one of the girls.

 

“…ottoke…my poor baby…bommie…” Mrs Park cried.

 

 

“Honey, she’s going to be ok” Mr Park looked towards his wife and reached for her hand.

 

Mrs Park clasped her hands around his and wept.

 

Suddenly a loud and surprising horn beeped and they both looked up to see a large lorry had come out of a junction straight in front of them.

 

“YEOBO!” Mrs Park screamed as Mr Park tried to swivel the car away.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“WHERE ARE THEY?!” Dr Park shouted as he got out of his car.

 

 

 

“Dr Park! Stay back!” Hong pushed him back from the scene where the ambulance were, “Please.”

 

“Dara… is it my Sandy?!” Mrs Park asked nervously, “please…tell me my sandy is ok?!”

 

 

 

“Oh god! Chaerin!!” Mrs Lee screamed when she saw her daughter on a stretcher.

 

“What’s wrong with her! Let me through!” Mr Lee pushed his way through and ran to Chaerin.

 

 

 

“Baby…cee wake up!” Mr Lee hovered over his daughter, “Chaerin-ah!”

 

“Yeobo what’s wrong with her?!” Mrs Lee cried as she her little girl’s face.

 

 

 

----

 

 

“Where’s Dara?! WHERE IS SHE?!” Mrs Park screamed and hit Hong’s chest in agony, “Where is she?!”

 

 

 

“I can’t see Minsookie…I can’t…” Mrs Choi gasped for air.

 

Seunghyun looked around and snuck under the police and ran towards the ambulance, “Minsook! Minsookie!”

 

 

 

Bom was sitting on the side of the road wondering what was going on. Everything was happening so fast that her little mind couldn’t grasp the situation. But she knew she wouldn’t go anywhere until her parents came.

 

 

“MINSOOKIE!”

 

 

Bom looked up as a boy slightly older than her ran frantically looking for his sister. That must be Minsook’s brother she thought. She started to cry again, when the police had found Bom and Chaerin, Bomhad told him that CL had hidden her in the stables, but when the police had gone to that place, Minsook was no longer there. They didn’t know who had taken her.

 

 

 

“MINSOOK!” Seunghyun cried out with all his might.

 

 

“Seunghyun-ah!” Mr Choi grabbed hold of his son and hugged him tightly, his own tears falling.

 

“Appa! Minsookie!! Where is she?!” Seunghyun wept heavily.

 

 

“Seunghyun ah” Mrs Choi cried and tried to reach out to him.

 

“STAY AWAY!” Seunghyun shouted angrily, “STAY AWAY!”

 

“Seunghyun…please...come to omma-“

 

“YOU’RE NOT MY MOTHER!” Seunghyun shouted and hid behind his father.

 

 

Mrs Choi gasped and she held back her tears.

 

 

“Yeobo…for now just leave him…please” Mr Choi said tiredly. He’d just lost his daughter, he couldn’t deal with anymore right now.

 

 

 

 

---------

 

 

 

 

 

Hong answered his phone again as he rubbed his forehead in frustration, “Yes?!”

 

Suddenly his face went pale and his eyes went towards little Bom who was waiting for her parents.

 

“…oh god…” Hong gasped as the phone fell from his hands.

 

 

“What is it?!” Dr Park asked while holding his wife.

 

But Hong just stared at Bom in distress.

 

“What is it?!” Mrs Park begged Hong, “Please is It about Dara?!”

 

Hong hung his head low for a moment.

 

“Please officer!” Mrs Park begged him.

 

 

 

“If you’ll excuse me” Hong finally spoke, “I need to go tell that little girl over there…her parents just died in a car crash.”

 

Mrs Park gasped in horror and let go of Hong.

 

 

 

Bom looked up and saw a police officer walk up to her. She looked at him warily as he got onto his knees and looked at her sadly.

 

 

“Bom?...That’s your name right?” Hong asked.

 

Bom looked around nervously and then nodded.

 

“Bom…”

 

“Appa?...where is my appa?” Bom asked scared.

 

Hong’s heart broke into two, how was he going to say this?

 

 

“Bom…I need you to be brave arasso? Can you do that for me?” Hong asked as he gently held her hands.

 

Bom whimpered slightly but nodded.

 

 

“…your…your parents…they…” Hong stopped and tried to breathe calmly, “…they…they aren’t coming anymore.”

 

Bom’s eyes widened, “Why? Omma...she said they would come for me!”

 

 

“No honey…they can't…”Hong shook his head and hugged the little girl while she cried out.

 

 

 

 

“Yeobo…I’m so sorry” Dr Park cried as he hugged his frail wife.

 

“No…no…” Mrs Park shook her head, “…Dara…she’s waiting for me…”

 

 

 

“Omma!!! Ommaaaa” Bom’s screams reached them.

 

 

Mrs Park froze and looked towards Bom, “…omma?”

 

 

 

“Ommaa! Ommaaa!” Bom kept crying and screaming for her dead parents.

 

 

 

“…omma?” Mrs Park whispered and she let go of her husband.

 

“Yeobo?” Dr Park called out but Mrs Park ignored him and slowly walked towards Bom.

 

 

 

She kneeled down beside Hong who was trying to soothe Bom, and she reached her hands out for her, “…here let me…”

 

Hong looked at her and gently gave Bom to her.

 

 

“Omma….ommaa…”Bom kept crying.

 

 

“Here here…” Mrs Park gently rocked Bom, “Omma…is here…ssh…”

 


“…omma…omma” Bom whimpered and fell asleep in Mrs Park’s arms from exhaustion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

18 years later

 

 

 

“Dr Park I want you to run tests on the patient in room 11 and get those results to me immediately.” Dr Song ordered Bom as they hurried down the corridor.

 

“Neh Dr Song” Bom replied to her senior as she quickly wrote notes in her diary and nearly tripped over her own feet, "ACK!!"

 

Dr Song turned around abruptly and Bom accidently bumped into her.

 

Bom cringed and bowed repeatedly, “I’m sorry-“

 

“Dr Park just get me those results” Dr Song said sternly, “If there is anything we’re missing it might be too great of a risk operating on the patient.

 

Bom nodded apologetically for her clumsiness.

 

 

Dr Song sighed and now smiled warmly, “I need you to do this thoroughly Bom. But if a surgery is necessary then do you want to scrub in?”

 

Bom’s eyes widened and she smiled brightly, “Kamsamida Dr Song.”

 

Dr Song shook her head and smiled, “Go take the tests first.”

 

“Neh!” Bom smiled and bowed until Dr Song left, “…surgery? My first surgery? KYAH!” she jumped up and down in the middle of the corridor. Her first paediatric surgery. She was one step closer to becoming a paediatrician like she’d always dreamed of.

 

Her face suddenly fell and she clasped her hands together, “Please…please let him be ok with this…please.”

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

“She’s coming quick!” one of the staff at the hotel whispered and ran to the line of other employees and bowed down when they heard the clicking of high heels.

 

“Is she really Sajangnim’s daughter?” one of them whispered.

 

“Yes but she’s the boss now” the other whispered.

 

One of them peeked her head up just to get a glimpse of the new Managing Director of Lee Hotels, one of the largest and most successful hotel chains in South Korea.

 

 

“waah” the employee gasped just as she saw CL walk through the large entrance.

 

CL walked past the row of employees dressed head to toe in the high designer clothes, she flicked her hair over her hair and without a pause walked straight into the elevator with her secretary.

 

 

 

“Did you see her?” they started whispering, “She looked like she just walked out of a magazine.”

 

“Yea but how scary did she look?” another shuddered, “Yah guys, we better do our jobs properly, this one looks like she’d fire us in a heartbeat.”

 

 

-----

 

 

 

“How did I do?” CL finally relaxed a bit in the elevator and looked at her secretary.

 

“You did well Miss Lee” Mr Kim smiled at her.

 

“You think so?” CL asked warily. It was her first day as the new MD after her father stepped down a week ago due to ill health. She had to show everyone that she was as good of a choice to be the MD as any other man.

 

“Miss Lee, the press will be waiting-“

 

“No!” CL suddenly said in panic.

 

Mr Kim sighed slightly, “Miss Lee I will be with you the whole time-“

 

“No!” CL said sternly now, “I’ve told this to father and I will tell you too. No press!”

 

“Neh Miss Lee” Mr Kim bowed.

 

CL felt her hands clam up and she balled them into fists nervously.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*ring ring* *ring ring*

 

 

“Argh!” TOP growled under his breath and turned around on the bed reaching for his phone, “What?!”

 

“Hyung where are you?!” Daesung asked.

 

“Aish!” TOP rubbed his forehead, his eyes still closed.

 

“Hyung! Chief’s going crazy here waiting for you!”

 

“Sh!t!” TOP abruptly sat up on his bed, “What time is it?” he looked at the clock on the wall, 09:15 am, “Sh!t! Tell him I’m stuck in traffic!” he threw his phone back on the bed and bolted out of bed.

 

He reached for the towel and ran to the bathroom but stopped and went back to his bedside table. He picked up a photo frame from there and smiled warmly at it, it was a picture of his little sister Minsook.

 

TOP kissed the photo, “Morning baby sis. Today I’ll find you, I promise.”

 

He placed the photo back down and ran to the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh god not again appa!” Minzy sighed and looked at her father weeping like a girl, “Omma will you tell him to stop crying like a lunatic!”

 

Mrs Gong laughed slightly and wrapped her arms around Minzy, “Can you blame him? His precious baby girl is leaving.”

 

“I’m 22!” Minzy shook her head.

 

“You’re still my baby girl!” Mr Gong exclaimed.

 

“Oh god appa!” Minzy complained and hugged him, “Appa we discussed this, I’m not going forever.”

 

“Can’t you just be a nurse here?” Mr Gong sighed, “Our town needs-“

 

“Appa” Minzy said sternly, “You promised me you wouldn’t do this. I can’t let this opportunity just pass. Please I want to try just living on my own-“

 

“But you can get another job here-“

 

“Appa, Seoul Hospital is the best in the entire country, I can’t miss my chance-“

 

“But-“

 

“Appa!” Minzy raised her voice sternly, “Right I’m going to miss my bus. You need to let go of my hand now.”

 

 

Mrs Gong wiped her tears too and started taking a little envelope out. She placed it in Minzy’s hands, “Here…”

 

“Omma I can’t!” Minzy pushed the envelope back in her hands

 

“Yes you can” Mrs Gong pushed the envelope of money back into her hands, “Your appa and I have been saving up…it’s not much but it’ll help you a bit in the beginning.”

 

“Omma no-“

 

 

“If you don’t take it then you can forget about leaving us” Mr Gong interrupted.

 

Minzy’s lips started to tremble and she hugged the both tightly, “I love you two so much…thank you for being the best parents.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP ran down the stairs of his large extravagant home and headed straight for the exit.

 

 

“Seunghyun-ah!” his mother suddenly appeared out of one of the rooms, “Have breakfast before you go-“

 

“I’m late for work” TOP said bluntly.

 

 

Mrs Choi’s face fell slightly, “…you didn’t eat much yesterday either…you’re going to make yourself ill working that job-“

 

“That job?” TOP furrowed his brows and looked back at his mother.

 

 

Mrs Choi sighed and walked up to him slightly, “Why don’t you just work at the company with your father? Seunghyun the police force isn’t right for you-“

 

“How do you expect me to find my sister if I work at the company then?” TOP asked expressionlessly.

 

Mrs Choi looked away, “It’s been 18 years-“

 

“I don’t care if it takes me another 18 years to find her!” TOP raised his voice, “I will find her!”

 

“You need to forget the past Seunghyun-“

 

“Forget?” TOP stepped forward angrily, “It must be easy for you to forget.”

 

Mrs Choi looked up at him wide eyed.

 

 

“After all, a few drinks must make it really easy for you to forget you’re the reason Minsookie isn’t with us anymore” TOP muttered through gritted teeth.

 

Mrs Choi’s face twisted with pain from his words.

 

“I’m only trying to undo what you did” TOP clenched his jaw, “I will find her.”

 

“Seunghyun-ah” Mrs Choi tried to stop her son again.

 

 

TOP grabbed hold of the door handle, “And I’d prefer it if you didn’t bother worrying about me. The only reason I’m back in this house is because dad asked me to” he glared at his mother one last time before storming out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You go”

 

“No you…I can’t again”

 

“I can’t do it either. He’s so scary-“

 

 

“What’s going on?” Taeyang walked up to the two employees standing outside JIyong’s office.

 

 

They bowed immediately at Taeyang.

 

Taeyang eyed the coffee tray in one of their hands and looked back up at them, “If you can’t even handle giving him coffee then this job isn’t for you is it.”

 

 

The girls bit their lips and bowed apologetically.

 

“Now hurry up before he gets angry” Taeyang ordered.

 

 

The girl holding the coffee tray nervously opened the door and stepped in.

 

 

------------

 

 

She turned around and saw Jiyong concentrating deeply while reading the files. He always had a scowl across his face as if he was born that way and there was always this dark and petrifying aura around him. No one wanted to be near him if they could help it.

 

The poor girl slowly walked into the large dark room and made her way to him.

 

 

 

JIyong’s eyes flickered when he heard the girls’ nervous hands making the cup on the tray clink. He grimaced as she spilt the coffee slightly while putting it down on the table.

 

 

“…s…sir…your coffee” she stuttered but when she pulled the tray back she dropped his files on the floor and from surprise she dropped the tray loudly on the marble floor.

 

She held her breath in panic.

 

JIyong gritted his teeth together and stood up abruptly.

 

 

 

----------------

 

 

 

Outside Taeyang heard the crash of the tray and he shut his eyes in frustration. JIyong was his closet friend, he was the CEO of Kwon Architects, the most successful architect company in Asia currently. And Taeyang was JIyong’s closest, most trusted friend not to mention one of the best lawyers out there in Korea. Being his closest and most trusted also meant that Taeyang knew what Jiyong was like. And he knew exactly what was going to happen to that girl now.

 

 

“GET OUT!!”

 

 

Taeyang sighed hearing JIyong’s voice and ran into the room.

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

“GET OUT!” Jiyong roared making the girl fall back from fright.

 

 

 

“Ji!” Taeyang ran to him and stopped him from going further.

 

 

“GET OUT!” JIyong growled again, “I DON’T WANT TO SEE SOMEONE INCOMPETENT LIKE YOU HERE! YOU’RE FIRED!”

 

 

The girl started crying on the floor.

 

 

“Ji it was an accident-“

 

“I said she’s fired!” he growled angrily at Taeyang before shoving him to the side and storming out of the office.

 

 

Taeyang sighed and watched his friend walk away. He didn't know the reason why JIyong was like this, no one did. 18 years ago he had just changed. After the night, his sister was nearly kidnapped, somethine changed in Jiyong and over the years this change got worse, until he became practically the most hated man in the city. Something definetly happened to him that night. If only someone knew what it was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Agh!” Dara winced in pain as she covered her bleeding arm with her hands. She was now hiding in an old run down hut in the middle of the woods. Hopefully she was safe for now at least.

 

She looked around the dark room, she could see the cobwebs swaying gently on the window and she slowly felt her eyes close from fatigue.

 

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

“RUN!” Dara screamed at the girl and let go of her hands.

 

Just then two men grabbed her and yanked her down to the floor, when she looked back at the window the girl wasn’t there anymore. She’d escaped.

 

“You little!” the man grabbed her and slapped little Dara across the cheek.

 

“Where did they go?! WHERE?!” he shook Dara roughly.

 

“…ahh…omma…” Dara cried in pain.

 

 

 

“FIND THE OTHERS!” the man screamed at the other men. He then turned back to Dara and grabbed her by her arm, “At least we have one of them for now.”

 

 

“…please let me go…omma…I want my omma-“

 

 “Leehi! You’re going to pay if we don’t find your other little rich friends!”

 

“Agh please let me go! I’m not Leehi! Omma! OMMA!” she begged as he slapped her again.

 

“SHUT UP!” he screamed at her, “And I’m going to make Mr Kwon pay double for you!”

 

“ahh…ow…my name is Sandy! Please let me go…my name is…Sandara Park!” Dara cried out.

 

 

The man’s eyes widened, “What did you just say?”

 

Dara whimpered nervously, “…my name is Dara…Sandara Park…”

 

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

 

 

Dara’s eyes slowly opened and she held back her tears. How much was she going to cry? For 18 years all she’d done was cry.

 

After the men had found out she wasn’t Leehi, instead of letting her go they’d taken her with them making her their slave pretty much. They treated her less than a dog all these years beating her brutally if she ever disobeyed them or tried to escape. She wasn’t allowed to go to school, play with kids or have a childhood. She was locked up in the house all day while her ‘owners’ went about their business.

 

After a few years Dara forgot what life should be like and stopped retaliating. She accepted this was her life and she spent the rest of the 18 years with her kidnappers no matter how much they tortured her.

 

But a week ago, something changed. Something she would never accept. One day while she was cleaning the house, she noticed one of the men looking at her in a different way. She didn’t know what it was but she hated the way he looked at her, the way he her back as she walked past.

 

One night, as she laid to sleep on the kitchen floor like always, he came to her. She pretended to be asleep hoping he would go away but instead he tried to kiss her. Dara panicked and slapped the man but he held her down. Frightened, Dara grabbed the stool nearby and smacked him across the head. He fell by her side unconscious. Dara quickly covered herself and started to cry, knowing he would beat her up once he woke up. She had to escape. Maybe she could this time. She grabbed the set of keys that he always had on his belt and ran to the door, she fumbled with the keys until one opened the door.

 

Dara stood there gasping for air, afraid to run away. But this was her only chance, this may be the only chance she would ever get. So without looking back she ran down the stairs and away from the dreadful house.

 

 

 

Dara now leaned her head on the floor of the hut and curled her body to her. She bit her lips as little cries left her lips and she cried herself to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How was the first chap then?

 

I know I know it's a bit depressing...ok ok really depressing. But I hope this doesn't put you off. You guys know my writing right? There will be happy and funny moments eventually too.

 

 

Also I know Jiyong's character might seem very similar to his character in Undercover love. But Jiyong here is angry in the sense that he shows it all the time, while GD in Undercover Love was the silent type of angry unless he was in a fight obviously.

 

And yes Minzy is Minsook.

 

Seungri? Where is Seungri I hear you cry? He will be making his appearance very soon fear not.

 

A lot might seem confusing due to my lacking writing skills but I hope you will all be patient and hopefully everything will become clear soon enough.

 

And thank you to those who voted, commented and already subscribed to this story. It's amazing how I have over 40 votes for a foreword, more than my first fanfic I fell for you  LOL!!  But I am so grateful to you guys seriously.

 

So please keep commenting, I love to read your thoughts and points. 

 

Until the next update, bye

 

xx