You're not ok...but you will be

ONLY YOU

 

Before I start the chapter, please please everyone thank xina_VIP for this amazing amazing poster!! Seriously it is so incredibly beautiful!! Thank you so so much xina_VIP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I feel…scared” Dara stuttered as she looked up at him

 

JIyong’s eyes slowly shifted around the empty room, “…of what?”

 

Dara gulped and shrugged not knowing herself.

 

He squinted his eyes in confusion and stepped back before leaning against the table, “Do you usually get scared for no reason then?”

 

 

Dara sighed with relief now that he wasn’t near her and she naturally stepped back, “…it’s…kind of a habit.”

 

“Habit?” JIyong raised a brow, “You know you still haven’t told me why those men were chasing you?”

 

Dara looked down at the floor and closed up again.

 

 

But this time Jiyong wasn’t having it, “You know you can’t avoid the subject forever.”

 

 

Dara bit her lip and rubbed her hands together nervously.

 

“The police still want to question you-“Jiyong stopped when he noticed Dara inhale sharply at the mention of the cops, “if you don’t want to tell the cops…can you tell me?”

 

 

Dara pursed her lips tightly contemplating whether to tell him, “…do I… have to tell you?”

 

Jiyong crossed his arms together, “Think about it logically. I’ve let you stay in my house not knowing who you are, where you came from and what kind of trouble you’re in. Don’t you think you should at least consider telling me?”

 

 

Dara bit her bottom lip again, “…if I don’t tell you…will you send me away?”

 

Jiyong blinked slightly and stood up, “…ya…yah that’s not what I meant.”

 

Dara looked up at him her eyes full of worry.

 

“I’m just saying you can tell me” Jiyong gruffily replied.

 

 

“…but” Dara blinked, “One of the rules was not to talk to you about my problems…”

 

Jiyong paused and his lips parted ready to say something to counteract that point but he couldn’t think of anything.

 

Dara blinked again and innocently pointed out once more, “You also said you’re not a nice person.”

 

JIyong again tried to say otherwise but he was stuck again. He looked at Dara before sighing heavily, “I give up. I don’t even know why I’m trying so hard.”

 

“huh?” Dara asked not hearing him properly.

 

JIyong clenched his jaw together, “I said I have work to do, you should go to bed now.”

 

 

Dara nodded and bowed slightly before turning away when she caught glimpse of the drawing. Her hands without her realising went up and traced the thin pencil lines in awe.

 

 

“Do you want it?” Jiyong said nonchalantly as he slid the paper in front of her.

 

Dara shook her head, “Ani…its ok…”

 

“Just take it” JIyong sighed, “It’s not like I’m asking you if you want to marry me.”

 

Dara’s eyes widened and she stepped back.

 

“That was meant to be a joke!” Jiyong explained quickly before rubbing the back of his neck, “I know I’m not a funny guy but do you have to react like that to everything?”

 

Dara looked back at him confused, “react?”

 

“Yes” he said grumpily, “That blinking thing you do with your eyes every time I ask you a question or looking scared out of your wits if I say anything.”

 

“I do?” Dara cringed slightly, “…I’m sorry…it’s out of habit.”

 

Jiyong blew out air and walked away to get something.

In the last 20 minutes he’d probably talked more than he had talked all week. Something else he didn’t like. Usually he was surrounded by people who were constantly talking to him, but Dara was the complete opposite. He had to make the first move, make the first conversation and without realising it, that was just what he was doing. Another thing he didn’t like was just how much he was starting to want to know about Dara’s past. This could absolutely and utterly not happen. That would mean getting involved in her problems which he had no time for.

 

 

Jiyong grabbed a large sketch pad and walked back to Dara before handing it to her.

 

Dara looked down at the pad and blinked again.

 

JIyong gritted his teeth, “You’re doing it again.”

 

Dara gulped and tried not to blink anymore.

 

 

Jiyong cleared his throat and shoved the pad in front of her, “If you get bored at home, you can use this to draw in. It’s a sketch pad” he reached for a couple of pencils that were lying on the table and held them out to her.

 

Dara’s lips parted slightly and she looked up at him, “…I can…use it?”

 

JIyong sighed getting impatient, he grabbed her hand and placed the pad and the pencils in her hands, “Now go. Before I get angry again.”

 

Dara stared at pad in her hands and finally broke into a small grateful smile.

 

“I said-“Jiyong suddenly stopped when he saw her smiling. Was this the first time he’d seen her smile? Wait, why did he care if this was the first time she’d smiled.

 

 

“This is the first time someone’s ever given me something” Dara said quietly as she traced the book with her fingers.

 

JIyong face softened and he looked down at the simple ‘gift’ in her hands. It was just a spare sketch pad he had in his studio, nothing that meant of any worth to him. But to her it seemed to have a special meaning, one he didn’t realise would happen.

 

She held the sketch pad close to her chest and looked up smiling brightly at Jiyong making him blink from surprise instead this time.

 

“Thank you Jiyong” she held the pad even tightly as she said it with the sweetest smile that took Jiyong’s breath away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“ah” Bom startled awake when something hit her head. She looked around her empty and dark apartment and realised she must have fallen asleep while crying in the corner.

 

She rubbed her eyes and saw a crumpled piece of paper by her feet. Bom quickly picked it up and straightened the piece of paper to find a note written there.

 

“…are you…going to stay there the whole night…”she read the note and then sighed in annoyance knowing exactly who it was. Bom glared upwards at the hole and found TOP looking down the whole.

 

 

“So are you?” TOP asked.

 

“Yes!” Bom retorted, “Do you have problem with that?!”

 

TOP cleared his throat and looked away for a moment, he couldn’t let her know he had been waiting for her to stop crying and then wake up for a while now. That would probably make Bom even madder at him if that was even possible.

 

“Well do you?!” Bom asked again and then suddenly her face fell, “wait…how long have you been watching me?”

 

TOP looked back at her abruptly as if he had been caught red handed but couldn’t answer back.

 

“Did you…”, Bom turned away to hide her face so that he wouldn’t see how embarrassed and hurt she felt. She shook her head in disbelief and headed towards her room.

 

 

“Wait!” TOP stopped her.

 

Bom looked back ready to tell him that she wasn’t in the mood to talk about the kidnapping for the millionth time.

 

“I need your help with Dara” TOP said quickly.

 

Dara?” Bom’s interest was picked.

 

“Yes” TOP nodded, “The social services want to examine her and we still need to get an account of what happened.”

 

“And?” Bom asked, “How am I meant to help?”

 

“Well she won’t talk to us” TOP replied as if it was obvious, “And since you and CL seem to have gotten closer to her over your little girly makeover today, maybe you could talk to her for me?”

 

“Little girly makeover?” Bom raised a brow, “We gave the poor girl a shower and something warm to wear.”

 

“Are you going to help me or not?” TOP asked again.

 

BOm squinted her eyes for a moment, “You just want help with Dara right? Nothing else?”

 

“You know I want your help on the kidnapping more than anything else” TOP said seriously making Bom shift her eyes away, “But it’s not like I can force you or anything so yes, for now just help me with Dara.”

 

 

Bom bit her lip hesitantly.

 

 

“What’s there to think about? You can trust me” TOP replied.

 

This time Bom scoffed and shook her head, “Trust you Choi?”

 

TOP leaned over the hole a bit more now, “What? Why not?”

 

“Nothing” Bom mumbled.

 

“No wait” TOP stopped her from leaving again, “Did I do something to you at school or something?”

 

Bom froze up.

 

“Because you seem to hate me before we even met” TOP continued.

 

Bom clenched her jaw and smiled up to him, “Nope, it’s nothing like that.”

 

“Don’t lie to me-“

 

“So what do you want me to help you with?” Bom interrupted quickly, “I mean about Dara.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As CL walked into the hospital room she could hear the faint and regular beeps from the machine next to her father.

 

She smiled and nodded slightly at the nurse who was doing her hourly check up on him and waited till she left the room.

 

CL placed her coat on the arm of the chair and sat down before gently placing her hand on her father’s hand. She looked at him full of worry as he slept there peacefully.

 

She thought back to everything she had found out from Mr Kim and Seungri. There was so many questions she wanted to ask her father so that he could reassure her that everything Seungri was saying was a complete and utter lie.

 

 

“…cl…”

 

CL looked and smiled before leaning forward, “appa…mainhe did I wake you up?”

 

CL’s father smiled back weakly, “…what are you doing so late?”

 

“Guess I just missed you” CL replied and held his hand close to her cheek, “The doctor was telling me that you seem to be stable today. That’s good.”

 

“stable?” Mr Lee chuckled weakly.

 

CL sighed and his hair back, “Appa don’t worry. You are going to be fine. Arasso?”

 

Mr Lee nodded slowly as he tried hard to keep his eyes open, “come on…spill it…what’s worrying you?”

 

CL smiled slightly, she could never get away with anything when it came to him, “It’s nothing appa.”

 

“…whatever it is…you can tell me” Mr Lee nodded.

 

 

 

CL took a deep breath and held his hand tighter, “…appa?...Have you ever done anything that you’ve regretted in life?”

 

 

“…regretted?” Mr Lee asked, “…yes. Who doesn’t?”

 

“…but something big. Something you wish you hadn’t done” CL tried again.

 

Mr Lee sighed, “…I have regrets and yes…there are somethings I have done that I’m not proud of…”

 

 

CL looked away now her mind tormented with the thoughts that maybe her father might have lied to Seungri. CL suddenly felt her dad tug her hand weakly and she looked back him.

 

“…but know…everything I did…I did it for our family…” he smiled warmly.

 

CL smiled back slowly and silently told herself off for even thinking her father would do something like that. Whatever Seungri thought about her father was not true and if he couldn’t accept that and wanted revenge then she’d do whatever it took to stop him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

[Music: Skinny Love by Birdy]

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong turned the lights off and stepped out of his studio. He stretched his sore neck and tiredly made his way up the stairs.

 

Naturally he looked towards Dara’s room and saw the door slightly ajar with the lights still on. He furrowed his brows and checked his watch, it was past 1 am. What was she still doing up?

 

 

Jiyong put his hands in his trouser pockets and made his way to her room. He peeked through the open door and saw Dara fast asleep on the floor, with only her head resting on the bed. Her hand was holding onto one of the pencils Jiyong had given her and the drawing pad was left wide open with half a drawing there.

 

Jiyong looked back into the dark corridor contemplating whether he should leave her as she was or help her into bed. He sighed and looked back in defeated.

 

 

 

He walked up to her and tilted his head to the side to get a better view of the drawing. His face fell slightly when he saw the way she had drawn was just the way she had written her name. It was like a child had drawn on the page. Jiyong felt uneasy suddenly and he sank down onto his knees next to the sleeping Dara.

 

He looked back at the drawing of house that looked like his house. Except, everything dark about his house in reality was erased in the drawing. The tall iron gates had flowers around them, the dark roof had a large sun right on top of it and then there was a person that looked like him. Jiyong smiled slightly at the drawing of him. It was pretty much a stick figure with arms crossed over and ridiculously large angry looking face.

 

Even though the drawing was sweet it also emphasised something else that Jiyong had been thinking for a while now. Whatever Dara has been through, she’s been through it all her life. Whatever it is, it’s something that’s stopped Dara from pursuing a normal and happy childhood and life. That much he could just tell from her undeveloped writing and drawing.

 

 

“..hm” Dara moved slightly in her sleep and her hair fell onto her face.

 

Jiyong’s hand naturally went up but he stopped midway. He furrowed his brows and reprimanded himself again for being nice to her. He placed his hand back to his side when he caught a glimpse of the drawing again. His heart felt that pang of pain whenever he was near her.

 

“…you’re really not going to let me be the bad guy are you?” he sighed and traced her hair back away from her face.

 

 

His hand lingered by her cheek for a moment and even Jiyong was confused as to why he couldn’t take his hand off her.

 

Dara felt something warm by her face and shifted slightly before opening her tired eyes.

 

Jiyong quickly took his hand away and leaned back slightly.

 

 

Dara rubbed her eyes and looked up at him, “…jiyong?”

 

“I…” Jiyong stuttered and looked around.

 

 

Dara’s eyes widened when she saw her drawing pad open and she quickly shut it close, “You didn’t see my drawing did you?”

 

Jiyong just looked back at her with an unreadable face.

 

 

Dara bit her lip and held the pad close to her, “I know…its bad right?”

 

 

“When was the last time you drew anything?” Jiyong asked, “Or wrote?”

 

“Is my drawing really that bad?” Dara asked innocently not understanding what Jiyong was trying to ask.

 

 

“When was the last time you held a pencil Dara?” Jiyong repeated again.

 

This time Dara understood what he was trying to say and her eyes flickered up to him nervously.

 

“Dara?” Jiyong asked slowly.

 

Dara clutched onto the drawing pad, afraid to tell him.

 

 

“If you want me to keep you safe” Jiyong tried to meet her eyes, “You have to tell me.”

 

 

Dara’s lips trembled slightly, “…I…” she looked up at him just as a tear left her eyes, “…I don’t remember…”

 

JIyong’s brows furrowed.

 

 

“…I wasn’t…allowed” Dara confessed.

 

“You weren’t allowed?” Jiyong aasked, “By who? Those men?”

 

Dara felt her heart racing just by the mention of those men.

 

 

JIyong noticed her breathing quickening and small specks of sweat forming on her forehead. He saw she was closing up again.

 

“Ok ok” Jiyong put his hands up, “I won’t ask…calm down.”

 

Dara nodded still trying to get her breathing to normalise.

 

 

Jiyong watched her in silence. What did they do to her that made her like this?

 

 

“…mianhe…”Dara finally spoke up.

 

Jiyong felt that pang in his heart again and he took a deep breath, “Here, I’ll teach you.”

 

Dara blinked in confusion.

 

“Didn’t I tell you not to blink?” Jiyong retorted before taking the drawing pad from her.

 

 

“What are you doing?” Dara tried to stop him from looking at her drawings.

 

“What’s there to hide?” Jiyong said gruffily, “I’ve already seen it, “he flipped to the page where she’d drawn him, “So this is what I look like to you?”

 

Dara looked down at her drawing of him and nodded honestly.

 

Jiyong’s face fell in annoyance, “So my head is larger than my entire body?”

 

Dara pursed her lips and concentrated on her drawing.

 

“And I have sticks for my arms and legs?” JIyong continued to pick out the details.

 

Dara pouted and tried to hide her drawing but Jiyong pulled it back.

 

“And there are no flowers on my gates, I hate flowers” JIyong pointed out, “Not to mention why is the sun sitting on my roof?”

 

“I told you I wasn’t good didn’t I-” Dara pouted before trying to hide the drawing with her hands when Jiyong suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her to him.

 

“Here hold it” Jiyong placed the pencil in her hand before holding her hand.

 

Dara’s lips parted when she could feel his cheek against hers, she gulped nervously and moved slightly.

 

“Hold still” Jiyong said too concentrated on the drawing, “See here….what did I tell you about angles. It’s all about the angles…the wall of the house here needs to be smaller than the other side.”

 

Dara blinked and looked down as his warm hands moved her hand gently. She smiled slightly as her drawing started to look better. It seemed everything he did, it made things better.

 

 

“Now if the sun was really sitting on my roof then the whole of the earth would be destroyed” Jiyong joked as he rubbed the sun out.

 

Dara smiled slightly and looked up at him.

 

“Let’s erase my head too-“

 

“Jiyong?”

 

 

Jiyong leaned back and looked down at her, “Hm?”

 

 

Dara blinked slowly and looked at him deeply.

 

 

JIyong felt slightly uncomfortable, “What?”

 

 

Dara’s eyes traced his face and her eyes furrowed slightly, “…are you sure you’re not a good person?”

 

JIyong’s face softened and let go of her hand.

 

 

Dara looked at him “…you keep saying you’re not a good person…but I just can’t believe you…”

 

Jiyong looked at her in surprise. How could she see something that was hidden so deep within, something that no one else could see?

 

 

“It just can’t be true” Dara looked into his eyes with such innocence it stole JIyong’s breath away for a moment.

 

 

“You think that way because you don’t know me” Jiyong replied seriously.

 

“…that’s the strange thing” Dara furrowed her brows, “I think I do…these past couple of days…you’ve shown me more kindness than anyone has ever shown in my whole life…”

 

“Kindness?” Jiyong asked back. For all he knew, he’d been rude and angry at her since the first time they met. He’d been anything but kind.

 

Dara gulped nervously and nodded slowly as she felt his cool breathing touch her skin, “…all my life I’ve only known bad people…but from the moment I met you I knew you weren’t one of them…you just can’t be…”

 

JIyong clenched his jaw as he looked at her. How wrong she was, but he didn’t have the courage to admit that.

 

 

Dara smiled weakly, “…I can trust you can’t I?”

 

JIyong’s eyes flickered slightly.

 

“…I can…right?” Dara asked again.

 

Jiyong saw the vulnerability in her eyes and he gritted his teeth. That’s what he was afraid of. He’d spent the last 18 years pushing everyone he cared about away from him. He was afraid to care and hold onto anyone and now here this girl was, asking him to care about her.

 

Jiyong clenched his hands into fists and slowly got up.

 

Dara looked up at him as he stepped away from her.

 

“It’s late. Get some rest” Jiyong said quietly before leaving the room.

 

Dara looked at the closed door sadly before looking down at their drawing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seugnri walked into his office the next morning and stopped suddenly when he saw CL sitting on his chair.

 

 

CL looked up and smiled at him, “Seungri-shi, I hope you don’t mind me coming in like this do you?”

 

 

Seungri gritted his teeth and glared at his secretary for letting her in without his permission.

 

 

“Oh come on” CL stood up and walked up to front of the desk before leaning on it, “No need to scare the poor girl like that, people just can’t seem to say no to me.”

 

“What do you want CL?” Seungri raised his brow.

 

“Not much” CL shrugged, “Just came to warn you.”

 

“Warn me?” Seungri crossed his arms across his chest.

 

“Yes” CL replied bluntly before standing up straight, “Whatever you’re up to, it’s not going to work. I’ll make sure of that.”

 

 

“You sure about that?” Seungri smirked.

 

“Don’t try to mess with me” CL muttered through gritted teeth.

 

 

Seungri grinned and walked to sit on his chair.

 

CL turned around and glared at him.

 

 

“Before you do get all worked up about it, don’t you want to know what my plan is?” Seungri asked leaning back on his chair.

 

“Apart from ruin my company?” CL scoffed.

 

“Ah” Seungri shook his head, “I’m not here to ruin your company.”

 

CL furrowed her brows not understanding.

 

 

“I’m here to take over the company” Seungri said seriously.

 

CL’s face fell slightly, “Take over my company?”

 

“Actually, it’s our company” Seungri leaned forward and smiled, “Didn’t you know my father and your father were joint partners in starting Lee Hotels?”

 

“What does that have to do with anything?!” CL retorted.

 

“Why do you think your father lied about my birth?” Seungri asked suddenly.

 

CL’s eyes widened suddenly as a horrible feeling crept into her.

 

 

“That’s right. Your father lied about my birth so that I wouldn’t inherit 50% of the company after my father’s death” Seungri explained.

 

“No” CL gasped, “That’s not true.”

 

“Think whatever you want CL, but I’m not going anywhere until Lee Hotels is mine.” Seungri said through gritted teeth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yah!”

 

“Oh god!” Bom startled when TOP jumped out of nowhere.

 

“What are you doing here?!” TOP grimaced.

 

“This is a hospital, I work here” Bom replied annoyed as she headed to the nurse station with a present in her hands.

 

“Yes, but you should have waited for me this morning” TOP said as he walked beside her.

 

 

“Don’t you work?” Bom asked back annoyed, “You seem to be here at the hospital more than the station.”

 

“Maybe if you helped me when I asked you, you would have got rid of me a long time ago” TOP pointed out.

 

“And I thought you said you only wanted help with Dara, nothing else” Bom replied as she placed the present on the nurse station.

 

 

“Who’s the gift for?” TOP asked as he leaned on the wall.

 

“Not for you and therefore none of your business” Bom smiled.

 

TOP smiled at her insults, “Have you always been like this Park Bom?”

 

“Like what?” Bom asked as she flipped through a patient’s chart.

 

“Defensive and-”

 

“A b!tch?” Bom asked back.

 

“Not the word I was going to use but…” TOP raised his brows.

 

“No” Bom shook her head, “People taught me.”

 

Top furrowed his brows, “Is this about me again?”

 

Bom rolled her eyes and returned to the charts.

 

 

“Dr Bom!” one of the nurses stepped into the nurse station, “We’re having a meal tonight, would you like to come?”

 

Bom smiled politely and shook her head, “Mianhe”

 

Another nurse and doctor walked up to them, “Park, you’ve got the night off you should come. You never come.”

 

“No thank you” Bom replied again, “I…I…”

 

 

TOP furrowed his brows and looked at Bom trying to think of an excuse.

 

“Dr Jung Woo isn’t going to say anything” the doctor stopped Bom, “So quit worrying.”

 

“Ani sunbae…I’ve got other things to do tonight so I won’t be able to make it…but you have fun” Bom bowed quickly and walked away.

 

 

 

 

“What was that about?” TOP walked up to her side.

 

“What was what?” Bom asked.

 

“Why don’t you go out with them?” TOP asked again.

 

Bom stopped now, “What is it that you exactly want Choi?”

 

“huh?"

 

“If you want help with Dara, then I’ll help you but this doesn’t mean we’re friends and it doesn’t mean you can go around asking about my life understood” Bom said sharply.

 

TOP nodded in defeat.

 

 

Bom took a deep breath, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do. Come back when my shift is over and I’ll go over to Jiyong’s to help you with Dara ok?!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Ji” Taeyang walked into the office.

 

“Do you ever knock?” Jiyong growled at him.

 

 

Taeyang raised his hands up in the air, “Mianhe, but I’ve got to talk to you about something important.”

 

“Will you stop talking about Dara?!” Jiyong growled again.

 

 

Taeyang paused for a moment before raising his brows, “So…Dara is an important topic now is she?”

 

JIyong looked up and cleared his throat.

 

 

“Is she?” Taeyang asked again.

 

“Ask one more time and you’re fired” JIyong threatened.

 

“And then you’ll hire me again so anyway” Taeyang sat down on the chair while JIyong rolled his eyes in annoyance, “The Macau deal needs to be finalised, but maybe you should head to Macau to look at the construction site before I draft the new contract.”

 

“No” Jiyong replied as he typed away on his laptop.

 

“What do you mean no?” Taeyang asked.

 

“How am I meant to leave Dara on her own?” Jiyong replied, “We still need to figure out what the hell happened to her.”

 

Taeyang’s jaw hit the ground, “…Jiyong…I’m sorry to ask this…but…”

 

“But what?!” Jiyong muttered.

 

Taeyang looked at him seriously now, “it sounds like…well you care about this girl.”

 

Jiyong stopped typing and the room filled with complete silence.

 

 

Taeyang smiled slowly, feeling somehow relieved that after all these years that his best friend was showing some sort of feeling other than anger towards someone, “You care for her don’t you?”

 

JIyong stared at his hands on the keyboard in shock too. Was that what he’d been showing all this time?

 

 

“You worry about her” Taeyang said as a fact, “You actually care.”

 

Jiyong gritted his teeth and looked up at Taeyang, “…no.”

 

“No?” Taeyang furrowed his brows.

 

 

“I’m not so heartless that I would leave a girl half dead to those men. I did nothing out of the ordinary” Jiyong replied with control now, “And like you said, for the company’s image I should help her shouldn’t I? Until we find out what happened to her, she’s my responsibility understood?”

 

Taeyang sighed and nodded.

 

 

“Don’t mistake that for anything else Taeyang” Jiyong said bluntly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Lee” Mr Kim walked up to CL as she entered the hotel headquarters after visiting her father.

 

“Neh Mr Kim, are the stock holders here?” CL asked as they got into the elevator.

 

“Yes…but…”

 

“But?” CL asked.

 

“Seungri shi is here too” Mr Kim admitted.

 

CL gritted her teeth at the mention of his name.

 

 

 

 

------------------

 

 

 

 

 

CL stormed into the meeting room to find Seungri and the stock holders laughing away.

 

 

“Ah CL” Seungri smiled politely at her.

 

 

“Seungri” CL smiled bitterly, “What are you doing here?”

 

 

 

Seungri walked up to her and whispered, “You think I can’t come and barge in too?”

 

CL rolled her eyes as Seungri walked back, “Just thought I’d join the meeting today, I hope you don’t mind.”
 

 

“This is a stock holder meeting Seungri” CL informed him.

 

“Ah” Seungri nodded as he sat down, “But since we do have this very expensive joint deal, I thought it’d be best if I got to know our stock holders too.”

 

CL slammed her files at the front of the table and sat down, “How thoughtful of you Seungri.”

 

 

The other stock holders sat down while Seungri and CL glared at each other.

 

 

 

“So this is your plan?” CL hissed at Seungri, “Getting the stock holders on your side so you can kick me out?”

 

“Hey, that’s not a bad idea” Seungri nodded along.

 

“It doesn’t work that way” CL muttered, “And you know it.”

 

“Then there’s no need to be so scared then is there” Seungri replied as he leaned back on his chair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yea Dae?” TOP answered his phone.

 

“Hyung where are you?” Daesung asked again, “Chief’s been asking for you.”

 

“Tell him I’m dealing with the Dara case right now, I’ll have the report on his desk tomorrow morning” TOP replied.

 

“Are you really dealing with it?” Daesung asked not believing him.

 

“Ok ok” TOP sighed, “I just got to the hospital-“

 

“What? You were there this morning” Daesung exclaimed.

 

“Yeah well it’s the afternoon now” TOP replied.

 

“Hyung. Give up on Bom. She’s not going to help you” Daesung tried to make him understand.

 

“Arasso arasso, just let chief know I’m working ok. Bye” TOP placed his phone back into his pocket.

 

He stopped in front of the hospital and wondered if he should go in now. There was still another hour till Bom’s shift ended and considering how pissed she was this morning maybe he should just wait out here for her.

 

He stepped back and walked behind the hospital where there was a large garden.

 

He casually sat down on one of the benches and smiled at a nurse pushing a patient in a wheelchair. After they left the whole place was quiet and peaceful. He yawned as he checked his watch again.

 

 

 

 

[Music: Run by Leona Lewis]

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP furrowed his brows when he suddenly saw Bom run out of the hospital down the path towards a man.

 

 

Top stood up and followed Bom down the path from a distance. He stopped when he caught sight of Dr Jung Woo with Bom and quickly stepped back out of sight before peering again

 

 

 

 

“Father…” Bom stuttered nervously, “Happy birthday.”

 

Dr Jung woo exhaled loudly as Bom held out the present she’d had all day.

 

“I…got you something-“

 

Dr Jung woo suddenly whacked the box out of Bom’s hands and it fell onto the dirty ground.

 

Bom stepped back slightly and looked down at her present on the ground.

 

 

“Does nothing go through that head of yours?” Dr Jung Woo asked, “What’s the point of having a brain if you can’t understand a word I say?!”

 

Bom bit her lip and looked at the ground.

 

 

“I told you I don’t want to celebrate my birthday every single bloody year!” Dr Jung Woo shouted, “Are you trying to torment me?! Remind me that I’m the only one left?! That I don’t have a wife or a daughter to celebrate my birthday with?!”

 

 

Bom looked up at him with blurred eyes, “…father-“

 

“Stop it!!” Dr Jung Woo shouted.

 

 

“…but you have me…I’m your daughter…” Bom stuttered as her tears fell from her eyes.

 

Dr Jung Woo sighed painfully, “….my daughter is dead…when will you understand that?”

 

Bom’s lips trembled as Dr Jung Woo stepped over the present and stormed back into the hospital.

 

 

She shuddered slightly as she fell onto her knees. Bom clutched her chest and cried quietly. There was only a certain amount she could take, “...but...you have me…appa…”

 

 

 

"Bom?”

 

Bom slowly looked up and saw TOP standing in front of her. Her lips trembled again, this time knowing she couldn’t hide her pain.

 

TOP saw the hurt in her eyes and kneeled down beside her.

 

 

“…I’m…ok…” Bom stuttered through sobs, “…I’m fine.”

 

 

TOP shook his head, “No Bom, you’re not.”

 

 

Bom bit her lip, “ani…I’m ok…”

 

 

TOP leaned forward and slowly wiped her tears with his thumb, “you’re not ok…but you will be.”

 

Bom’s eyes fluttered as he wiped her cheeks with his gentle hand. And all those feelings she had felt for him all those years came rushing back.