Another past

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This is your room” Jiyong pointed at the large door on his left, “The fourth door on your right from the stairs. Don't forget.”

 

Dara closed her eyes to remember what he was saying and nodded. His house was more of a giant mansion/hotel than anything and apparently she wasn’t very used to or good with large places.

 

 

“My room is on the other side” Jiyong now pointed to the long corridor behind him, “It’s the room on the-you know what? I’m not going to tell you.”

 

Dara’s lips parted and she furrowed her brows not liking that she won’t know where he is.

 

“No” Jiyong closed his eyes and shook his head, “Remember, I’m not a nice guy.”

 

Dara pouted sadly and looked at him.

 

“Because if you know where I am, then you’ll come to me with all your problems” Jiyong explained, “And that will somehow result me in helping you like I have ever since I met you, and that is not o.k. with me.”

 

Dara sighed and nodded.

 

 

Jiyong opened the door for her and waited for her to walk in.

 

 

Dara stood there hesitantly for a moment before speaking, “thank you…for everything.”

 

Jiyongs’s face softened slightly but he quickly straightened his expression.

 

 

“…I’ll try not to bother you” Dara promised, “…It’ll be like I’m not even here.”

 

Slightly taken back Jiyong paused for a second, he then cleared his throat, “Good.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“God how could I have overslept?!” Bom exclaimed as she washed herself quickly in the shower, “I never oversleep!!”

 

She poured the shampoo on her head and rubbed her hair quickly with one hand as she washed her body with another.

 

“ACK!” Bom nearly slipped as she hopped on one leg. With still some shampoo on her hair she jumped out of the shower and grabbed her towel.

 

 

While wrapping one around her body she flung the other towel over her head and ran to her room looking for her hair dryer.

 

“God! Where is it?!” she hurriedly opened the drawers looking for it, “Did I leave it in the lounge?!”

 

 

She cursed herself and ran into the lounge, “Dryer….dryer where are you? Damn it!”

 

 

 

 

“It’s behind that table”

 

 

Bom looked behind the table and saw it, “Ah thanks so much.”

 

 

“You’re welcome”

 

Bom smiled suddenly disappeared and she slowly looked up at her ceiling to see TOP smiling back at her as he bit into an apple.

 

 

“OHMYGODWHATAREYOUDOING?!” Bom screamed and jumped behind the sofa in horror.

 

 

TOP burst into fits of laughter upstairs.

 

 

“YAH! YOU ERT!” Bom shouted angrily.

 

 

“AHAHAHA!” TOP grabbed his stomach and then rolled back to look down at her again.

 

 

“WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?! GET LOST!” Bom screamed as she tried to cover herself up.

 

 

“Arasso arasso” TOP laughed as he got up, “Ah by the way nice panda eyes Bom.”

 

Bom looked at the hole angrily as TOP walked away, she suddenly felt her face before running back to the bathroom.

 

 

 

“HWAH!” Bom gasped as she looked at the mirror, “Who are you?!” she exclaimed as a woman with extremely smudged mascara down her cheeks looked back at her. She’d been so tired last night she’d fallen asleep without properly washing up. But how was she to have known she would have to see TOP like this.

 

“I’m so embarrassed” she mumbled as she hid her face in her hands.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JIyong adjused his tie and walked down the corridor. He stopped by the staircase and looked down towards Dara’s room. The whole house was completely quiet. Maybe she hadn’t woken up yet he thought before looking at his watch, it was nearly 9.

 

He looked down below from the stair case, maybe she’s in the kitchen. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Empty.

 

He paused before looking back again, should he go check up on her?

 

“Aish” he growled at himself. Going to see her would mean he was being nice! And that would mean going against everything he’d told her last night. He took a deep breath and stormed out of the house angrily.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

When Dara heard the front door slam shut loudly she finally peered out of her room. She’d been awake for hours now but she didn’t want to leave her room in case she bumped into Jiyong.

 

She had after all promised him that she would stay away from him. She could sense that he wasn’t comfortable with her living here and until she could figure out how to live her life without being so scared she had to make it seem like she didn’t even exist while living here.

 

But at the same time she pouted as she left her room and walked down the stairs. It would have been nice to see him this morning. It was too dark last night, and she’d had a nightmare. Seeing him just once would have made her feel better, made her feel safe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minzy looked through the glass door of the staff room and sighed with relief when she saw it was empty and dark. She looked around before entering in quietly on her tiptoes.

 

She reached for the incriminating coat that was neatly folded in her bag and placed it on the table.

 

 

“What are you doing sneaking about in the dark like a burglar?”

 

“Ohmygad!” she spun around to find Young deuk standing by the door. She gasped and immediately hid the coat behind her.

 

Young deuk the lights and Minzy cringed knowing that he would be able to see her guilt all across her face.

 

 

“Did you get my coat dry cleaned?” Young deuk asked as he walked towards her.

 

 

“Um…well…” Minzy stuttered as she stepped back.

 

Young deuk furrowed his brows, “What do you have behind your back?”

 

“Huh?” Minzy’s eyes widened, “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

 

 

“Uhuh” Young deuk squinted his eyes not believing her, “Is that my coat?”

 

“No!” Minzy shook her head, “No it is not.”

 

“What is it then?” Young deuk crossed his arms in front of him.

 

 

“Well…this is” Minzy stuttered as she gripped the coat behind her tightly, “Is…well-“

 

“Well?” Young deuk asked impatiently.

 

“This!” Minzy exhaled, “…this well you see…I did take your coat to the dry cleaners and I was in a rush today when I went to collect it and…well they gave me someone else’s coat…can you believe that?”

 

Young deuk didn’t look impressed.

 

 

“I will” Minzy started walking towards the door sideways so he wouldn’t see the coat, “I will go and exchange it right now-“

 

Young deuk suddenly advanced to her and grabbed hold of the coat from her hands but Minzy gripped it so he couldn’t take it.

 

“What..what are you doing?” Minzy gasped at the close proximity.

 

“Getting my coat obviously” Youngdeuk said bluntly, “I know you haven’t cleaned it.”

 

“I have” Minzy said wide eyed, “I just…”

 

“Just what?” Young deuk stepped forward even closer to her.

 

“I…”

 

“You’re not getting away with this one”, Young deuk yanked his coat out of her hands but before he could look at it Minzy grabbed his face.

 

“WAIT!” Minzy cried out holding his face in her hands. There was no way she could let him see the coat, well at least not until she was a safe distance away.

 

“Get off me!” Young deuk raised his voice as he turned to look down at his coat.

 

“I…I’m sorry!” she blurted out before kissing him on his lips to distract him.

 

He stepped back in shock once she let him go and he stood there like a statue while she ran away.

 

 

After a while his hands touched his lips in surprise. He looked down at his chest, why was his heart rate increasing? Was it because of her?

 

Slowly a small smile crept onto his lips. Young deuk then looked down at his coat still smiling-

 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!” he exclaimed as he held a tiny little coat in front of him. His eyes widened in horror.

 

 

 

 

------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

A safe distance away Minzy panted heavily as she leaned against the wall.

 

 

“I’M GOING TO GET YOU!!!!!”

 

 

When she heard Youngdeuk’s angry voice at a far distance, Minzy cursed quietly knowing she was in more trouble than before.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP played with his car keys as he stepped out of the apartment building and headed towards his car when Bom rushed past him while hopping on one leg as she tried to put her heels on.

 

“Ah crap!” she muttered when her open bag fell and the contents scattered across the floor.

 

TOP raised his brows in amusement as she tried to scoop all her things back into the bag while trying to put lipstick on at the same time.

 

Bom zipped her bag up and stumbled up before breaking into a run again.

 

 

“You late?” TOP called out casually.

 

Bom turned back and rolled her eyes as TOP walked to her.

 

“I can give you a lift?” TOP asked.

 

“No thanks, I prefer to take the bus” Bom snapped back before walking again.

 

 

“Look you’re late and I have a car” TOP called out again, “I don’t mind-“

 

Bom abruptly turned around and glared at him, “Are you interested in me or something?!”

 

 

“Am I what?” TOP asked surprised.

 

 

“If you are then that would make no sense considering our history! So then why are you pretending to be so nice?!” Bom asked angrily.

 

“History?” TOP asked confused.

 

Bom’s eyes fluttered nervously suddenly and she looked away.

 

“And I’m not trying to be nice or anything” TOP replied unsure why she was even thinking that he might be interested, “I’m like this with everyone” he shrugged.

 

“You are?” Bom asked not believing him.

 

“Yea” TOP nodded.

 

“So it’s not so you can get me to talk about the kidnapping?” Bom asked as she squinted her eyes.

 

TOP sighed and didn’t answer.

 

“Thought so” Bom scoffed before storming off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong, Mr Son wants to give the Macau deal to us and I think it’ll be better to sign the deal with him than with Mr Dong considering the Macau deal will definitely maintain our reputation-“ Taeyang stopped midsentence when he realised Jiyong wasn’t paying attention to him, “…Jiyong?”

 

 

Jiyong continued tapping his pen on the desk as he stared into space. What if she left the house last night without him knowing? Is that what she meant when she said it’ll be like she isn’t there?

 

 

“Jiyong!” Taeyang clapped his hands in front of him snapping Jiyong back to reality, “Where were you?”

 

Jiyong looked around the office and then grimaced. That girl wasn’t even here and he was thinking about her!

 

 

“Did you listen to anything I just said?” Taeyang asked.

 

“No!” Jiyong retorted angrily.

 

Taeyang sighed annoyed, “What’s wrong with you?!”

 

“How am I meant to know?! Ask that girl!” he growled loudly before storming off.

 

 

 

“Girl? Taeyang asked himself, “What girl?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Miss Lee” Mr Kim entered CL’s office and handed her a file.

 

“Is this what I asked for last night?” CL asked as she opened the file.

 

“Yes…you might not like what I found” he said hesitantly.

 

 

CL looked up at him for a moment before reading the file. After a while her eyes widened and she flipped through the pages in a hurry, “Are you sure?”

 

Mr Kim nodded.

 

“So…Seungri is Mr Kwon, I mean Jiyong oppa’s uncle’s illegitimate child?” CL asked slowly.

 

“Neh…that’s how it all started” Mr Kim replied.

 

“What do you mean?” Cl asked hurriedly.

 

Mr Kim took a deep breath, “Miss Lee, I think Seungri is here for some sort of revenge.”

 

“Revenge?” Cl asked not understanding, “Against who?!”

 

 

“You” Mr Kim replied.

 

CL’s face fell, “Me?”

 

“To be more precise against Lee hotels…against your father” Mr Kim said seriously.

 

“You’re making no sense Mr Kim” Cl raised her voice, “Tell me what you know!”

 

 

“Miss Lee…last night while I was gathering this information for you, I ended up talking to a maid that used to work at your household, do you remember Mrs Bae?”

 

“Mrs Bae?” CL tried to remember, “…she looked after me when I was young.”

 

“Yes…well…she told me what happened” Mr Kim continued.

 

“Why would Mrs Bae know anything about Seungri?” CL asked anxiously.

 

“Because she was there when Seungri shi’s mother worked as a maid at your house too” Mr Kim explained.

 

CL’s eyes widened in shock as Mr Kim continued.

 

“As you know, the Kwon family and the Lee family have always been close friends and partners in business” Mr Kim began, “You may not know this but your father was extremely close with Mr Kwon, Jiyong shi’s uncle. The Lee hotels was started by them two as partners.”

 

CL nodded knowing this much.

 

 

“Well 10 years ago Mr Kwon passed away and a few weeks later Seungri shi’s mother claimed that…that Seungri was the later Mr Kwon’s son. Obviously Jiyong shi’s parents didn’t believe her but she insisted that it was the truth and Mr Lee, your father knew about this too.”

 

CL furrowed her brows as she tried to make sense of it all.

 

 

“There was a big commotion and she even convinced the Kwons to ask your father for the truth” Mr Kim continued, “Your father denied it.”

 

CL’s face fell and she inhaled deeply as she listened to her secretary.

 

“He said that she was just after the Kwons’ money and that she was lying” Mr Kim added.

 

“…then?” CL looked up at him.

 

 

“Seungri shi’s omma couldn’t bear it so she ran out of there and…” Mr Kim stopped.

 

 

“And? And what?” CL asked nervously.

 

 

“She got into an accident and passed away on the same day” Mr Kim said regretfully, “The Kwons took pity of Seungri and sent him off to Japan to study.”

 


“And now he’s back” CL mumbled to herself, “…why?”

 

 

*ring ring*

 

CL looked at her phone and she held her breath when she saw it was Seungri calling her.

 

Nervously she answered the call.

 

“…yoboseyo…”

 

“CL”

 

Cl took a deep breath when she heard Seungri’s voice.

 

“I’m calling about our plans to go see your father.”

 

Cl’s eyes widened and her breathing quickened.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t wait for you, but I’m already at the hospital” Seungri said.

 

“You’re…what?” CL gasped as she stood up now.

 

“I just really wanted to see him” Seungri said darkly.

 

CL panicked and ran out of her office, “Um…actually Seungri shi I’m on my way to the hospital too. Why don’t you wait for me? Please!”

 

“I guess I can.” Seungri replied before hanging up.

 

 

“Sh!t!” CL cursed as she ran out of the hotel. Seungri blamed her father and now he was getting his revenge. She had to get to her father before he did something to him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bom massaged her shoulders as she walked into the staff room and slumped onto the sofa there. It’d been a hectic morning, in fact it’d been a hectic last couple of days and all she wanted to do was go to sleep now.

 

 

“dr bom”

 

 

Bom furrowed her brows when she heard whispering in the room, “…great I’m starting to hallucinate now.”

 

 

“dr bom…pst…over here”

 

 

Bom looked around the room until she spotted Minzy hiding under the table, “Minzy? What are you doing under there?”

 

“dr bom” Mizny hissed, “Do you know where Dr Young deuk is?”

 

“Young deuk?” Bom asked, “All first years are in operation theatre, why?”

 

 

“Chincha?!” Minzy exclaimed and jumped out from under the table before sitting herself down beside Bom, “I thought I was a goner!”

 

“Why? Did Young deuk do something to you?” Bom asked.

 

 

“Ani” Minzy bit her lip, “More like the other way around…and now he’s vowed to kill me.”

 

Bom smiled and shook her head, “Don’t worry, stay with me and he won’t hurt you.”

 

“Really?” Minzy asked happily, “Thank god for that. Thank you Dr Bom, I thought I was never going to escape him.”

 

Bom pouted suddenly remembering TOP, “I know the feeling.”

 

“You do?” Minzy asked, “Is someone trying to kill you too?”

 

“No worse than that” Bom muttered, “He’s being nice to me.”

 

“Nice?” Minzy furrowed her brows, “…Dr Bom, that’s a good thing.”

 

 

“Not if he’s the one that broke your heart” Bom sighed sadly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*ring ring* *ring ring* *ring ring*

 

 

Dara bit her bottom lip and nervously fiddled with the hem of her shirt as she stared at the phone. This was the 8th time the phone had rang and she didn’t know if she should pick it up.

 

What if it was Jiyong trying contact her. She badly wanted to hear his voice. It was lonely and slightly frightening to be in such a large house without him here. But then what if it was one of the men? What if they’d found where she was?

 

She stepped away from the phone as it kept ringing.

 

 

 

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

“Damn it!” Jiyong slammed his phone on the desk. Why wasn’t she picking up? What if she was in trouble?

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong?” Taeyang walked in to see Jiyong deep in thought.

 

JIyong frowned and looked away.

 

 

“What is wrong with you today?” Taeyang asked.

 

“I’m fine” Jiyong muttered.

 

“No you’re not” Tae replied, “I mean yeah you’re usually grumpy but not distracted.”

 

 

Jiyong clenched his fists and suddenly grabbed his jacket.

 

“Where are you going?! We have a meeting in 5 minutes!” Taeyang reminded him.

 

“I’ll be back” Jiyong growled as he made his way to the door. Something felt wrong and even though he hated this he felt like it was his duty to make sure nothing bad had happened to her.

 

 

“Is this because of the girl? Dara?” Taeyang called out, “You’re acting like as if you care about her.”

 

Jiyong suddenly stopped. Care?

 

 

“Do you?” Taeyang asked, “Because until now, I’ve never seen you this distracted.”

 

Jiyong’s face fell and he let go of the door. Had he gone mad? He shouldn’t be caring about anybody. He never had. And he promised himself he never would.

 

 

“JIyong? Are you listening to me?” Taeyang asked.

 

Jiyong clenched his jaw, “Let’s go to the meeting.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri stepped into the room and saw Mr Lee sleeping on the large bed. He looked at the machines and wires that were attached to him and his face darkened.

 

This wasn’t how he wanted to meet him after all these years. He wanted Mr Lee to see and experience every blow he was going to get. But him lying like this on the bed ruined everything.

 

 

 

“How am I meant to make you suffer if you’re already like this?” Seungri muttered.

 

He walked closer to the bed now, “After everything you did, you have to pay. For my mother, I will make you and your family pay.”

 

Seungri gripped onto the end of the bed and clenched his jaw tight with anger.

 

 

Suddenly the doors slid open and CL stumbled into the room.

 

Seungri looked up at her while CL ran in and checked to see if her father was ok. She looked the machines to make sure Seungri hadn’t done anything before turning to face Seungri angrily.

 

 

“What are you doing here?” CL asked slowly.

 

Seungri looked back at her father, “Like I said, I wanted to meet him.”

 

 

CL took a deep breath and stormed to him before slapping him across his face.

 

Seungri looked up at her angrily before he clenched his fists tightly.

 

 

“Don’t even think about it” she hissed, “I know exactly what you’re up to.”

 

Seungri gritted his teeth now, “You know do you?”

 

“Yes!” CL hissed, “And whatever you think my father did, I don’t care. Stay the hell away from him.”

 

“You don’t care?” Seungri asked bitterly.

 

“I don’t care!” CL repeated, “Whatever happened to you I don’t care!”

 

Suddenly Seungri grabbed CL’s hand and pulled her out of the room.

 

“Get off me!!” CL shouted angrily, “You’re not going to get away with this!”

 

Seungri just gritted his teeth and pulled her along.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…the concept of the building the client wants for the Hongdae project is a timeless and simple one. So for the exterior we’ve come up with these layouts…”

 

 

 

Jiyong sat at the head of the table listening to the presentation when his mind started to drift back to Dara again. She’s still injured, what if she couldn’t get out of bed this morning?

 

He rubbed his chin and frowned, wondering if she was ok.

 

 

 

“Sir...Sir!”

 

JIyong suddenly looked up and realised everyone was staring at him, “What?”

 

 

“Which one do you think is the most suitable? We’ll go with that one sir” the employee giving the presentation asked.

 

Jiyong sat up and cleared his throat and looked down at the screen not having a clue what they were on about, “Um…let’s go with the first one.”

 

 

The room started to mumble suddenly and the employee broke into a nervous smile, “…but sir…the client didn’t really like the first one.”

 

JIyong looked around and even saw Taeyang shaking his head at him. He suddeny felt his blood boil. This was all happening because of that girl. He was acting out of character because of her.

 

“Sir?”

 

“WHAT?!” he stood up and the whole room fell into silence, “IF I SAY I WANT THE FIRST ONE THEN IT’S GOING TO BE THE ING FIRST ONE! GOT IT!”

 

He glared at everyone before storming out of the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you taking me?! CL asked angrily, “I said where are you taking me?!”

 

 

“You said you don’t care” Seungri muttered as he turned the car into a cemetery, “I want you to say that in front of someone.”

 

CL looked around as he stopped and got out of the car.

 

He opened his door and roughly pulled her out.

 

 

“UGH! GET OFF!” CL shouted struggling to free her arm but Seungri just pulled her into a large building.

 

 

 

 

 

“Get off-“ she suddenly stopped when she saw in front of her rows and rows of small square sized boxes on the wall. This was where people who were cremated,  where their ashes were kept.

 

Seungri let of her hand and walked ahead of her. After a pause CL followed him in. As she walked past she looked at how the transparent boxes were decorated with flowers, statues of angels and pictures of the dead ones.

 

 

 

Seungri stopped in front of one and stared at it numbly until CL reached him.

 

 

“…why did you bring me here?” she asked.

 

“Say it.”

 

Cl furrowed her brows, “Say what?”

 

 

Seungri turned to face her, “Say you don’t care to her.”

 

CL looked at the glassed box in front of her and her face fell slightly as she saw a picture of a woman staring back at her.

 

“Tell her you don’t care what happened to her” Seungri said through gritted teeth.

 

 

CL stepped back slightly, “…is that your omma?”

 

“She’s dead because of your father” Seungri replied.

 

CL shook her head, “My father is not to blame-“

 

“You keep telling yourself that” Seungri hissed, “But he is. He is the reason.”

 

 

“You think he’s to blame? What exactly are you planning to do then?!” Cl asked angrily, "Because whatever it is I won't let it happen!"

 

“I’m going to ruin him” Seungri muttered.

 

“Ruin him?!” CL retorted, “He’s in hospital! What more can you do to him?!” she stepped back, “I want you to stay away from my father! I want you to stay away from me!”

 

“That’s going to be hard considering we’re signed up for the joint hotel project” Seungri pointed out.

 

“I don’t care!” CL shouted back, “I'm not going to work with someone like you!”

 

 

“Think about it  carefully CL” Seungri stepped forward, “If you step away from the project, your company is going to have to compensate for the loss and that’s going to cost you at least a few billion wons.”

 

CL gritted her teeth.

 

“You may be able to handle that kind of loss” Seungri added, “But you think your father can? Especially in his state?”