Ask me

ONLY YOU

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie I'm so sorry I’m late” Minzy ran up to Bom outside the bar.

 

“Oh Minzy” Bom smiled with relief, “Thank god you came.”

 

“I promised didn’t I” Minzy replied and linked arms with Bom, “What about Cl and Dara unnie?”

 

“Cl’s already here apparently and Dara…” Bom pouted, “I was too scared to ask Jiyong to let Dara out of the house.”

 

“Is he really that scary?” Minzy asked as they walked into the bar.

 

“You’ll understand when you see him” Bom replied, “Now where is Cl?”

 

 

They both walked into the dimly lit bar, the place was already packed with people and the girls craned their necks to find Cl.

 

 

“Minzy!”

 

Minzy’s eyes suddenly widened and she grabbed Bom’s arm without looking back. She knew it was Deuk’s voice and she quickly pulled Bom away.

 

“Oh its Young deuk” Bom pointed out and Minzy shut her eyes and cursed her bad luck, “Deuk what are you doing here?”

 

“Ah sunbae” Young deuk bowed to Bom and looked back at Minzy, “I came with a couple of hyungs.”

 

“Oh” Bom nodded and looked back down at Minzy who was hiding behind her now, “What’s the matter with you?”

 

Young deuk sighed and put his hands in his pockets, “I think I know why.”

 

Bom looked at the two curiously, “Ok…”

 

 

“Yah! Deukie!”

 

“Coming hyung-“

 

“Oh you...Bom right?” Taeyang pointed at Bom and then turned back to three other guys sitting by the bar, “Top, Bom’s here!”

 

“Hyung you know Bom noona?” Young deuk asked Taeyang as he walked up to them.

 

“Wait you know each other?” Bom asked too.

 

“Yea, Tae hyung is my cousin” Young deuk explained.

 

Bom exhaled loudly as Top walked over with Seungri and Daesung.

 

“Please tell me you are in no way related to that one” Bom pointed at Top.

 

“Top hyung?” Young deuk asked, “Ani but I’ve known him my whole life.”

 

“Great” Bom laughed nervously, “That’s fantastic.”

 

Top grinned at Bom, “Glad you made it.”

 

Bom rolled her eyes, “Well it was either suffer this one night or suffer eternity with you as a friend.”

 

Top laughed and then caught sight of Minzy, “Minzy!”

 

Minzy smiled, “oppa…” and quickly hid behind Bom again.

 

“Where’s Dara then?” Top asked.

 

“Dara?...well…” Bom stuttered, “She’ll be here in a bit.”

 

“Is that so” Top nodded smugly, “How about a drink then?”

 

“Do I have a choice?” Bom asked back making Top laugh again.

 

Seungri stepped forward now, “I hate to break up your little moment here but Bom, I think you might want to check up on Cl.”

 

“Cl?” Bom asked, “Where is she?”

 

Seungri turned back to the bar and pointed at a half asleep girl by the bar.

 

“CL!” without hesitation Bom ran over to Cl leaving Minzy standing face to face to Young deuk.

 

Minzy smiled nervously at him while he just stood their shaking his head at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong kept sneaking sideway glances at Dara while she looked at her surroundings in awe. Jiyong looked down at how tightly she was holding his hand and for some reason it was making him uncomfortable. He wanted to take his hand away but at the same time his body wouldn’t let him.

 

“Wah!” Dara exclaimed when she saw a small children’s playground, “I always wanted to play on a swing-“

 

“No” Jiyong stopped her and pulled her away.

 

“But” Dara let go of his hand and turned back around towards the playground again, “it looks fun.”

 

“Yes for children." Jiyong pointed.

 

Dara looked up at him with her big eyes again, “Just once Jiyong please-“

 

“No” Jiyong grabbed her face with his hands and turned her head away from the playground, “What are you? 5?!”

 

Dara pouted and apologised, “You’re right…mianhe…it’s just-“

 

“Oh god” Jiyong hung his head back for a second, “You and your ‘it’s just’ everything. I know I know, you’re going to say something and I’m going to feel sorry for you and say yes Dara whatever you want. Well it’s not going to happen.”

 

Dara nodded sadly, “neh…but it’s just…I never got to play when I was a kid that’s why I act this way. Mianhe, I’ll try to not be like this…”

 

 

JIyong paused for a moment and grimaced, “Aish fine!” he checked his watch, “You have 5 minutes to play on that swing!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So what do you want to talk about?” Minzy asked Young deuk tensely.

 

Young deuk smiled and sat down before patting the seat next to him.

 

Minzy hesitated for a moment before sitting down.

 

 

“Look I get it. You don’t like me that way” Young deuk leaned in slightly, “I was rejected by Gong Minzy.”

 

Minzy parted her lips but didn’t say anything.

 

“It’s no big deal” Young deuk shrugged, “So stop avoiding me arasso?”

 

“I’m…sorry” Minzy said after a while.

 

Young deuk smiled, “Its fine seriously.”

 

Minzy sighed with relief, “That’s good then-“

 

“Because you’ll eventually end up saying yes” Young deuk grinned.

 

“Neh?!” Minzy asked with surprise.

 

Young deuk leaned in to whisper, “That’s the thing Minzy, I think I like you too much to give up so soon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you done yet?” Jiyong asked leaning on a tree.

 

Dara smiled brightly as she swung on the swing, she then held onto the swing next to her and looked up at him.

 

Jiyong sighed before walking over and sitting down on the swing next to her.

 

 

Dara tilted her head and looked at him while he sat there without moving.

 

“Why is everyone so scared of you Jiyong?” Dara asked.

 

Jiyong’s eye flickered slightly but he kept his eyes straight ahead, “Because I scare them.”

 

“But why?” Dara asked again.

 

“Because I want them to be scared of me” Jiyong replied bluntly.

 

“So that they stay away from you?” Dara asked innocently.

 

Jiyong’s face fell slightly and he didn’t reply.

 

“But why would you want people to stay away-“

 

“If you’re done with your questions let’s go!” JIyong abruptly stood up and walked away.

 

"Sorry" Dara stood up too, "...please...don't be mad..."

 

Jiyong sighed and turned back around, "Let's go Dara."

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why did you get so drunk CL?” Bom sighed, “Did something happen today?”

 

“Ugh my head” CL mumbled.

 

“Come on I’ll take you home” Bom tried to help CL up so she shook her head and sat back down.

 

“Not now…I just need to sit down” CL sighed as she leaned back on the chair.

 

 

“Here” Seungri handed a glass of water to Bom before sitting down.

 

“Top said you were here with her before he arrived” Bom turned to Seungri, “Did something happen to her?”

 

Seungri looked at Cl for a moment before turning to Bom, “…It was my fault.”

 

Bom furrowed her brows, “What happened?”

 

“I just…didn’t think” Seungri shook his head slightly.

 

Bom looked back at CL curiously.

 

 

CL flipped her hair away from her face and huffed loudly, “He didn’t think he says! Bom have you seen the news today? I haven’t but I can bet I’ll be on it!”

 

“Cl” Bom tried to calm her down.

 

“No” Cl shook her head, “You know how scared I am of reporters and cameras! Do you know what he did to me?!”

 

“I don’t understand CL-“

 

“He wants to ruin me Bom-ah” CL cried out.

 

Seungri looked down at his hands with regret.

 

Cl then started laughing, “How is he meant to do that? I’ve been ruined all my life! What’s there to ruin?!”

 

“CL calm down” Bom whispered gently.

 

“We all are Bom!” CL turned to Bom, “We can pretend all we want about how we’ve recovered and put the past behind us. But we’re just as scared and broke like we were the day we were kidnapped!”

 

Bom shook her head and tried to hold Cl.

 

“Don’t Bom!” Cl wiped her tears and stood up, “Don’t lie about it anymore. I know you remember what happened that night...”

 

"Cl..." Bom whispered faintly.

 

"It's ok...I get it...I'm actually thankful I don't remember..." CL mumbled before walking away.

 

“CL where are you going?” Bom tried to follow her out but Seungri stopped her.

 

“Let me” Seungri said before walking out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t want to” Jiyong replied bluntly.

 

Aish this b*stard!” Top growled at the phone, “Yah! Can’t you do that much for me?!”

 

“Why would I take Dara to a bar?” Jiyong asked casually.

 

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing” Top replied, “Look, Bom was too scared to ask you to bring her over-“

 

“And this is my problem why?” Jiyong raised a brow.

 

“Aish she’s had a rough day Jiyong” Top sighed, “I just…just want to help her-“

 

“Yes but how does me bringing Dara there help her?!” Jiyong asked annoyed.

 

“Because if Dara doesn’t come tonight then she loses the bet against me” Top explained, “And…I just want one thing to go right for her.”

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me” Jiyong rubbed his head.

 

“Just be here!” Top hissed before hanging up.

 

“Aish!” Jiyong growled and turned around.

 

 

 

 

[Because I’m weary by Ernest]

 

 

 

 

 

He suddenly froze when he saw Dara standing in the middle of the park. She’d taken the sunglasses off and pulled the hood of her head.

 

Dara was standing there with her face towards the night sky, her eyes closed as the gentle breeze that flew by her face.

 

 

Jiyong’s lips parted slightly when he saw how she smiled and opened her eyes.

 

‘…so this is what she looks like when she’s happy’ Jiyong thought, his eyes unable to break away from her.

 

 

 

Dara smiled towards the sky and her hair blew gently away from her face, “…so this is what it feels like to be happy…”

 

She had never felt this free in her entire life. For the first time in long time she didn’t have to worry, didn’t have to hide, didn’t have to be scared, she wasn’t scared. And it was all because of Jiyong. Dara’s smile faded away and she turned to find Jiyong standing on the far side of the park.

 

She stared at him for a long moment, before her thankful smile returned to her.

 

 

 

Jiyong’s eyes fluttered slightly at the smile, he slowly looked down towards his chest and his face fell at the familiar thud of his heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“2 shots” TOP called out to the bartender.

 

“Um actually I’m not much of a drinker” Bom tried to explain as she sat down.

 

“Sure you are” TOP picked up the shot glasses from the bar and handed one to Bom.

 

“No really I can’t drink” Bom shook her head and leaned back slightly away from the glass.

 

TOP furrowed his brow and looked down at the drink, “It’s just a drink Bom, chill. Think of it as water.”

 

“Water?” Bom repeated, “I can’t drink as in I never drink.”

 

“Well starting from today you do” TOP nudged the drink towards her again, “Live a little Park Bom.”

 

Bom hesitated as she looked down at the drink.

 

“One drink” TOP smiled at her persuasively.

 

Bom shook her head, “I like not having a slightest probability of being an alcoholic so thank you but I’ll stick to my non-alcoholic refreshments.”

 

TOP paused for a moment and then put the glasses down, “On second thoughts, you’re right. I don’t think I’d like you as an alcoholic” he sighed before downing both drinks.

 

Bom watched him order two more shots before downing them too, “Top, you should slow down.”

 

TOP smiled as he ordered one more shot, “Don’t worry, I don’t have any intention of wanting to become an alcoholic myself.”

 

Bom’s face fell slightly when she remembered the conversation TOP had with his mother the other night. She’d figured out that his mum had a drinking problem and she cursed herself for not being sensitive.

 

“Top…” Bom started but didn’t know what to say.

 

TOP looked at her and smiled half-heartedly, “What?”

 

Bom smiled uncomfortably and shook her head, “Nothing…I guess.”

 

TOP looked down at his glass, “Don’t worry, my mother’s drinking habits haven’t affected me as badly as you think.”

 

“I…I didn’t mean-“Bom tried to explain.

 

“I know you heard me last night when I was talking to her” TOP looked at her, “there is a gaping big hole between our floors remember?”

 

“I didn’t mean to listen…” Bom bit her lips, “I’m sorry.”

 

Top smiled pretending it wasn’t a big deal, “Its ok.”

 

 

Bom faced the bar now and fiddled her fingers for a moment awkwardly.

 

Top looked at her from the corner of his eyes, “What about you then?”

 

“Huh?” Bom raised her brows in surprise.

 

Top took another shot before speaking, “Well mine is an alcoholic mother and a long lost sister. That’s the story of my life. What’s yours?”

 

Bom blinked slightly, not knowing how to respond. Personal matters wasn’t really something she talked about with anyone ever.

 

 

“I...um…” Bom stuttered, “Nothing. No story to tell.”

 

Top turned to face her, “Really? So being kidnapped, losing your parents and having an overbearing new father isn’t your story?”

 

Bom’s face fell immediately, how could he say it so bluntly? As if it was just a passing comment. That was her biggest scar, the source of her greatest pain and he just said it as if it wasn’t even a big deal.

 

“You know you could always just stand up to him” Top said simply.

 

“Do we really have to talk about this?” Bom said quietly.

 

“All I’m saying is live a little” Top shrugged.

 

“I am” Bom replied bluntly.

 

Top sighed now and faced her, “Bom I saw how much you wanted to work as a paediatrician but one opposing word from your father and you just forget about what you wanted?”

 

Bom clenched her jaw and looked away, “Please stop talking like you know me.”

 

“What is there to be so scared about? I just don’t get it” Top asked.

 

“I… think I need some fresh air” Bom pushed herself up now and walked out of the bar while TOP watched her leave.

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You had enough of being a kid for the day then?” Jiyong asked as Dara walked over to him.

 

Dara traced her hair behind her ear and nodded shyly.

 

Jiyong grimaced, “What’s with that look?”

 

Dara pouted, “What look?”

 

“Never mind” Jiyong shook his head and turned around.

 

“I’m not sad anymore” Dara called out stopping Jiyong in his tracks, “that…that wasn’t my sad face.”

 

Jiyong smiled slightly and turned around.

 

Dara hesitated for a moment before stepping forward and pouting her lips with big sad eyes, “This is my sad face.”

 

Jiyong raised a brow but didn’t say anything.

 

Dara then straightened her face and then smiled brightly showing all her teeth, “I think this is my happy face”

 

“You think?” Jiyong smirked slightly.

 

Dara nodded, “And this is my angry face” Dara tried to scowl making Jiyong suddenly laugh out loud.

 

Dara blinked with surprise.

 

“Any other facial expressions of yours I should know about?” Jiyong crossed his arms across his chest.

 

Dara puffed her cheeks trying to think of some more.

 

JIyong smiled and reached his hand to ruffle her hair only to stop midway. Dara noticed this too and her eyes shot up to his hand.

 

There was a moment of silence before Dara looked away and Jiyong pulled his hand back.

 

*ring* *ring*

 

Jiyong looked down at his phone and sighed when he saw Top was calling again. He ended the call and put the phone back in his jacket instead.

 

“I think we’re going to have to go eat at the food stalls some other time” Jiyong said to Dara.

 

Dara smiled and shook her head, “Its ok Jiyong.”

 

Jiyong hesitated for a while wondering whether he should really take her to the bar or not. But then again he had no idea what was right and wrong when dealing with someone like Dara.

 

“Do you want to go somewhere I go?” Jiyong finally asked making Dara smile again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You must hate me soooooo much” CL said slowly in her drunk state to Seungri who was still sitting by her side.

 

“I mean…10 years you’ve hated me” CL continued, “Wow!”

 

Seungri didn’t say anything but just stared at the glass of water.

 

“So I guess I can’t be that surprised that you did what you did to me today” CL shrugged, “But still…even for you that was a low blow.”

 

Seungri sighed and passed the water to her, “Just drink the water CL.”

 

“…I mean my father was the one that did wrong not me…so why would you hurt me instead?” CL asked stumbling over her words.

 

Seungri stood up to leave now but CL grabbed his sleeve instead and pulled him down, “What did I ever do to you?”

 

Seungri finally snapped, “It doesn’t matter if you didn’t do anything! You’re not the target! But if I hurt you then I hurt your father. If I take over your company I hurt your father! He needs to pay for what he did to my family and if you happen to get hurt along the way then too bad!”

 

 

CL looked at him quietly and then repeated again, “…but what did I ever do to you?”

 

Seungri blinked slightly and furrowed his brows.

 

“What…did I do?” Cl mumbled before she closed her eyes and leaned in Seungri’s shoulder.

 

Seungri stiffened and looked down at her with surprise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure they’re in there?”

 

A reporter looked out of his car window towards the bar that the gang were in as he spoke on the phone, “I followed Mr Lee’s car from the conference to here. They’re here alright. Just bring the camera and hurry up.”

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Skinny love by Birdy]

 

 

 

TOP stepped out of the bar and looked around searching for Bom. Maybe he went too far. He may be open about talking about his problems, but it was obvious Bom had never tried to open up about anything. Maybe he’d affected her more than he had planned.

 

 

 

“Looking for me?”

 

TOP spun around to find Bom leaning on the wall with a bottle in her hand.

 

“Bom?” Top walked over to take the bottle.

 

But Bom held the bottle out of his reach and pressed her finger onto his lip, “Ssh! I’m fine.”

 

Top raised a brow, “How did you get drunk so fast?!”

 

Bom snickered slightly, “It’s my first time that’s why…sssh don’t tell my father.”

 

 

“Alright, I think you’ve had more than enough” Top took the bottle from her hands.

 

Bom pouted and slid down onto the ground.

 

“Woah woah” Top grabbed hold of her and tried to hold her up but Bom pushed herself back to the ground. Top looked around before kneeling in front of her, “Let’s take you home Park Bom.”

 

“But you’re the one that told me to enjoy myself” Bom mumbled, “…to live a little”

 

“I said enjoy, not pass out on the street” Top sighed.

 

 

“You’re angry with me” Bom pouted again.

 

“No I’m not” Top replied calmly, “but if you stay out here any longer I might just-”

 

“ssshhh” Bom pressed her finger onto his lips again, “Don’t tell me what to do! I’m fed up with being told what to do my whole life!”

 

Top stayed quiet and watched her.

 

 

 

Bom sniffed loudly and rubbed her eyes that were starting to sting now, “I think I’m going to cry Top.”

 

“Can you not?” Top looked at the people giving them strange looks as they passed by.

 

“You’re telling me what to do again!” Bom huffed, “I hate being told what to do!”

 

 

Top reached for her hand, “Come on Bom let’s go-“

 

“Didn’t you want to know the big secret story of my life?!” Bom pulled her arm back, “I don’t have one! Do you know why?”

 

 

Top waited patiently now, he wasn’t going to get her to move in her state anyway.

 

 

Bom leaned forward and whispered, “Because this isn’t my life…I stole it from someone else…”

 

Top furrowed his brows and looked at Bom not understanding.

 

“I lived in someone else’s room, in someone elses’ house, with someone elses’ parents” Bom counted on her fingers, “I pretended to be someone else’s daughter…”

 

Top saw the tears forming in Bom’s eyes now and her voice becoming less stable.

 

 

“It should have been me that got caught that night” Bom held her breath, “She should have escaped, then she would be living her life, with her parents, in her house, in her room! Why did she let me go first?!”

 

Top now finally understood she was talking about the night she was kidnapped.

 

“What was the point of me surviving?! My parents died because of me anyway! I have no one in the world so why did I survive and not her?!!” Bom grabbed onto Top’s shirt and shook him for an answer.

 

“Bom-“

 

“You wanted to know my story?!” Bom said angrily, “There it is! I’m this boring, pathetic useless puppet because it’s not my life to decide! It never was! It’s always going to be her life!”

 

Top didn’t know what to say anymore, he just let Bom hold him tightly, “…Bom”

 

 

Bom leaned her head on his shoulder and blinked the tears down onto her hands, “I just want to live Top…I just…”

 

 

Top looked down feeling sorry for her, “…then for the first time, ask me for something.”

 

Bom stopped for a moment and slowly raised her head to look at him not understanding.

 

“Ask me for something as Park Bom and no one else” Top said again.

 

Bom couldn’t help but stare at him. All her feelings she had thrown away after what happened back at school came rushing back. He was once again her saviour, her one person she waited to see every day, her little bit of joy that no one could take away from her.

 

 

Bom bit her trembling lip and shook her head, “…I don’t know”

 

Top leaned forward, “It can be anything Bom. Just don’t think what others are going to say and just think about yourself for once.”

 

 

The tears pooling in her eyes slipped down her cheek and she held her breath, “…Top…can…can you just hold me…please...just once...please?”

 

Top’s face softened and he gently pulled her into his embrace.

 

Bom bit her lip trying not to break down as his arms wrapped around her and they sat that way in the middle of the street.