The Way It Was Made To Be

Onew Condition

 

Ch. 18
 
ONEW
 
"Ji Eun-ah!" 
I caught Ji Eun before she crashed down on the tiled hallway floors and hit her head. I never knew that it would come this. 
I watched her from afar. During lunch when she looked pale and her eyes would shut down then open. Or when she nearly fell down the steps but Key caught her. She didn't look well. I would've said something but she had Minho, Taemin, Key and Jjong with her. She looked like she was having so much fun, other than when she would go in and out of paleness. I didn't want to ruin her fun with my sudden depressing mood.
"What happened?" The nurse said to me while I layed Ji Eun on the examining bed. "She just fainted. She didn't look too well all day either,"
"Just let her rest here. She might just be exhausted," The nurse then handed me an ice pack, explaining to me that it'll help with her headaches. I nodded then thanked her as she left te room then into her office outside. I sat on the seat next to the bed where Ji Eun layed. Her face was grey and her lips were pink. I lightly pressed the ice pack on her forehead, then caressed her face with my thumb.
If I knew that it ended this way, I would've done something sooner. Just when I'm close to getting over her, these things just happen then I'm to ground zero again.
 
MINHO
I know that something happened to Ji Eun. Taemin and Key saw what happened when they were walking class. They also told me that Onew hyung carried her to the nurse.
That thought got my heart stinging. It made me jealous. I wanted to be the person who carried her and made her feel better. But with my injured arm, it wouldn't have ended well. 
I held onto the pass that the teacher gave me then fast walked to the door that was marked as the nurses office. I told the teacher that my arm was hurting and she gladly gave me a pass to go to the nurse and get painkillers. 
"Minho, how's your arm?" The nurse asked me when I walked into her office. 
"My arm's just hurting," 
She nodded then gestured me to follow her into the next room. I waled in to see Onew hyung and Ji Eun. Ji Eun was laying on the bed, her face pale, while Onew hed an ice pack on her forehead while caressing her cheeks. 
I clenched my fists to stop me from punching a wall or knocking down some medicines in anger. I bit my lip then calmed down. I knew why I felt this way. I knew that Ji Eun didn't look good during lunch but I didn't do anything about it when I knew that I should have. It angered me that my stupidness did this to her. 
I'm such an idiot! 
"Here you go Minho," the nurse handed me water and a painkiller. I nodded then sat down on the seat across from the bed that Ji Eun layed on, then swallowed down the painkiller along with a swig of water. 
"Stay here until you feel better okay?" I nodded at her then she left to go back to her again. I lifted my eyes from the floor then up at Onew who was looking at me with a soft expression.
"She's fine... Don't worry," Onew said to me, then smiled a small smile.
"That's good..." I said then smiled back at him. I looked down to see Ji Eun's eyes blinking open. I immidiately stood up then stood above her alongside Onew. She stood up slowly, rubbing her eyes with her hands.
"Where am I?" She asked, looking around the room with confusion in her eyes. 
"You're in the nurses office... You fainted but I caught you and took you here..." Onew muttered to her quietly. The ice pack was half melted and was squeezed in between Onew's hands.
"Right..." Her voice was slightly hoarse. Her face was regaining it's color and she straightened up on the bed then turned to the side so that her feet was dangling to the side of the bed. 
She looked at Onew then smiled. "Thanks Onew..."
"N-no problem," Onew said with his eyes on his fidgeting hands. His face was flushed pink and shuffled his feet in shyness.
"Oh, you're up," the nurse came in with a thermometre in her hands. She walked up to Ji Eun then felt her head. Ji Eun then opened as the nurse put the thermometre in . 
Moments later, the nurse pulled the thermometre then checked her temerature.
"104?! You need to get home," The nurse beckoned, grabbing the thermometre theb putting it on a tissue. She grabbed another clean thermometre then gestured me to open my mouth. 
I didn't feel good all day. My arm was hurting and my cuts and bruises were sore. 
"102?!" She read out loud then rushed out of her office. I leaned against the wall, my head aching a little. I felt terrible.
"Minho-ah... Are you okay?" Onew asked me with a concerned tone.
"I'm fine..." I said, massaging my temples in hope of getting rid of my headache. I didn't have any strenght to say anything or think of anything else but Ji Eun. So she was sick. And I didn't do anything about it. Even when I saw signs of it. I'm so stupid...
"Alright Minho... You're manager is coming to get you and Ji Eun, your mom is coming to get you in a couple of minutes. Onew, you can go now. Here's a note for your teacher to explain why you missed class," The nurse said, handing Onew hyung a piece of paper. He nodded then bowed a thank you the nurse.
"Get well soon Ji Eun-ah," He said, then hugged her tightly. Even if it's just a friendly gesture, my heart still clenched a little at the sight of them hugging like that infront of me. It's nothing intimate, but it still tugged a string in my heart.
"See you Minho. Rest well okay?" Onew said to me then patted me on the back lightly. I nodded then turned my head to Ji Eun as soon as the door closed.
"Are you okay Ji Eun-ah?" 
"Neh... Gomawayo. How about you?" She said, a weak smile forming on her face. She didn't look too good. Her lips were standing out due to the paleness of her skin, but she still managed to look as pretty as ever.
"I'm good..." I said then smiled back to her. A light tint of pink managed to creep up on my skin when she smiled. I didn't even know that it was possible due to the paleness of my skin. 
The rest of the conversation was just comfortable silence. Nothing else needed to be said. We would exchange looks now and again and exchange small smiles that we managed to escape on our lips. That was all that needed to be done. The silence wasn't awkward at all.
"Minho-ah! Let's get you home to rest," Manager hyung appeared infront of my face, smiling weakly at me. I stood up, my knees wobbling a little. He put my arm around his shoulders as he supported my back with his arm.
"Get well soon Ji Eun-ah..." I said to a sleeping Ji Eun. I smiled a little to myself, now forgetting about the accusations that I'd made to myself. I would make it up to Ji Eun when we were both better. And I had an idea on how I can do that...
 
ONEW
Leaving Minho with Ji Eun in that room isn't really the easiest thing to do. But I had to do it. I couldn't tell the nurse that I wasn't feeling good just for the sake of spying on the two... I wouldn't neccesarily call it spying... More like observing from a close distance. A
Anyways, being in a room with Minho and Ji Eun isn't really, what I would say, entertaining. Both of them would talk and laugh while I just smiled like everythings fine when really, I was feeling lonely with the two around. It was the same when the guys were around. I would crack random awkward jokes that sometimes, I would mess up. Or maybe say something awkward that made the whole conversation not worth continuing. That's Onew for you... I guess that was everyone expected me to be. Though it is my personality.
But haven't they noticed that I haven't been acting like my usual self lately? Maybe Key does but maybe not anyone else. 
Maybe I'm too deep in love. Yes, I admit it now. I'm in love with Ji Eun. No matter how hard I try to hide it, it was the truth. I'm in love with Ji Eun.
But I knew that I couldn't have her. I can't have her. She has Minho. She likes Minho. I'm sure of it. And Minho likes her too. 
It was just the way it was made to be.
 
~
I had to post this like 3 times -_-
SORRY that it took me 3 days to update. We went 'family bonding' during the last couple of days... xP
RANDOM RAMBLING STARTS NOW! Skip if you want... :P
So we went to this small Asian market that sells Asian foods. I'm Filipino so I eat alot of Asian foods :P Like Pocky... NOMNOMNOM... :P
I also got my mom to buy us some Korean ramen noodles and I ate some today. It's SUPER spicy... I had the Kimchi one too and it wasn't AS spicy as the seafood one I tried. 
:P
So yeah... enough of the rambling! I will try to update soon!!!
^^ TAEMINNIE!!!