The Confession

The Story Only I Didn't Know

 

Jonghyun can’t sleep that night. He cried when he think about Hyejin who has just dumped him. He cried until he falls asleep.

 

[Next morning]

 

“Yah Taemin-ah, could you please wake up now. Do you want me to throw all your Banana milk?” Key said to the Maknae.

Taemin who heard what Key has said, hurriedly run to the kitchen and stop in front of the fridge. He opens the fridge and tries to find his favorite milk, banana milk. Unfortunately, he can’t find it. He goes to Key and see Key hold his banana milk that he had bought using his own money. He try to get the big bottle of banana milk but Key keeps put it away from Taemin.

Just then Jonghyun comes out from his room. He wakes up because of the noise in the kitchen. He goes to the dining table to take his breakfast. Then, Key realizes Jonghyun’s swollen eyes.

 

“Jonghyun hyung, your eyes are swollen. What’s wrong with you, hyung?” Key asks Jonghyun as he walks in front of Jonghyun.

“I can’t sleep” Jonghyun said, half-sleep.

“Don’t lie to me, hyung. I don’t think that your eyes swollen because you can’t sleep. Did you cry last night?” Key asks, curiously.

“Yes” Jonghyun said, still half-sleep.

“Why do you cry?” Key asks again.

“Like I said just now, I can’t sleep. That’s the only way for me to get some sleep” Jonghyun said.

“You cry because you can’t sleep?” Key said.

“Mmm” Jonghyun said.

“Yeobo-ah, why didn’t you call me? I can sing you a lullaby” Key starts his role play.

“That will make me awake even more” Jonghyun said without looking to Key.

“Yeobo-ah, do you hate me? I can’t live like this anymore. Let’s divorce” Key pretend to cry.

“DIVORCE! DIVORCE! DIVORCE!” Taemin and Minho cheer from the living room.

 

Just then, Jinki come out from his room.

 

“What’s with the noise, guys? You disturb my dream with my chicken” Jinki said as he walks to the kitchen.

“Don’t disturb us, hyung. The drama has just start” Minho said as he places a pillow on his lap facing Key and Jonghyun at the kitchen.

“What drama?” Key asks Taemin who stands beside him.

“Key asks for a divorce” Taemin replied.

“Divorce? I thought they are a happy family” Jinki said try to catch up with their games. Taemin and Minho burst into laugh.

Key and Jonghyun stare at each other eyes. Then,

 

“CUT! That’s a good job, guys” Jinki said.

“Phew, I thought I have to stare for another 1 minute. Thanks Mr. Director because you stop the filming” Jonghyun said as he rub his eyes, playing with the others.

“You did a good job, Jonghyun and you, Key, as always, fantastic” Jinki said, acts like a director.

“I know” Key said, full of Diva-ness.

 

Everyone burst into laugh. While others are talking about what they had done just now, Jonghyun starts to feel sad as he look at Jinki. He doesn’t know why he feels sad when he look at Jinki.

 

-Last night after Jonghyun go out from Jinki’s room-

 

[Jinki’s POV]

 

I have been thinking about Hyejin after I ask to Jonghyun about her. I never feel like this before. This is the first time ever. I should ask her out.

 

[Author’s POV]

 

Jinki decided to confess to Hyejin the next day. He didn’t tell about it to the others because he doesn’t want others will say anything to him if Hyejin decline to be his girlfriend.

-The next morning, after send Taemin to school, on the way to their college-

“Hyung, you said you didn’t have any classes today. Why do you come with us? You can let Jonghyun hyung drive” Key said.

“Yeah, I don’t have classes today but I want to meet someone?” Jinki respond to Key’s answer.

“Who?” Key asks but Jinki didn’t answer.

They arrive to their college and they go to their class. After a few minute, Jinki call Hyejin.

“Yeobosaeyo?” a girl voice answer his call.

“Hyejin-ah, this is Jinki oppa. What are you doing now?” Jinki asks her.

“Anyeong, oppa. I’m at the cafeteria  with my friend” she said.

“Don’t you have any classes today?” Jinki asks her.

“I do but it’s in afternoon” Hyejin said.

“I see. So, if I want to ask you out, would you go out with me? I want to show you something” Jinki said. His heart is beating really fast while he wait for Hyejin’s answer.

“I would love to, oppa” Jinki smile right away.

“I’m on my way to cafeteria now. Wait for me, OK?” Jinki said and he hung up his phone.

Jinki is so happy that Hyejin wants to go out with him. He will take this chance to confess to her.

 

-In Jinki’s car-

 

“Where are you going to bring me?” Hyejin asks.

“It’s a secret place. Only I know about it and it has become my favorite place ever. I think you going to like it too” Jinki smiles.

They talk a lot in the car. They’re talking about hobbies, foods, pets and love while listening to the music. Finally, they arrive at the place. Jinki go out from the car first and run to the other side to open the car’s door for Hyejin, like a gentleman. And they walk for a couple of minutes.

They arrive at a very silent place. The place is full of wild plant and thick bushes. Hyejin is kind of scared but she keeps following Jinki. Then, she saw a beautiful natural roots stairs.

 

She follows the stairs and reach at a really beautiful place. (Even though it's not beautiful as i sad but this is just for reference)

 

She has a big smile on her face. Jinki smile right away once he sees Hyejin’s smile.

Jinki call this place as his secret garden because he’s the only one who knows this place. This place used to be a place full of wild plants and bushes. He found this place when he searching for his ball.

When he was a high school student, one the way back home, he played with his ball on the sideway. He then accidently kicked hard on his ball. His ball flew into the bushes. He searched for his ball and found the roots stairs. He followed the stairs and found this place. He always comes here when he has problem or bored.

“Thanks to the ball, I found this place and I want to share it with you” Jinki said.

“Why? Do you have a problem? Or are you bored?” she asks, innocently.

“I come today not because I have a problem or bored. Actually I want to tell you something” Jinki said as he looks straight to Hyejin eyes.

“What is it?” She asks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Would you be my girlfriend?”