WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE

WRECK

CHAPTER 2 | WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE

 

My class just ended for the night. It went well because my painting had been selected for exhibition at the Mirage gallery. I was ecstatic when I heard the news, there is nothing more rewarding than that to have your artwork displayed in Mirage.  It's one of the more prominent art galleries in Seoul, sometimes even my parents buy art from over there to decorate the house. Not that they ever appreciate what they bought, they just want to have a painting or sculpture to fill up empty spaces in the decor. I was pretty restless, looking at my watch every now and then. The last time I sneaked out, mother almost caught me with a guy. I have to be back soon but was waiting for Teacher Li to lock up so I could pay him the fees for this month's lesson. Teacher Li was a great artist, if not for his broken wrist. He broke it when he got into a bike incident one ago. Though 5 years my senior, he never asked for me to speak formally and cringe every time I call him teacher. If you didn't know, he could pass off as a university student. He conducts lesson at night for me and a few others for a minimal fee while working at a cafe in the morning.  Since he could not do art again, he wishes to see young artists pursue their dreams and does his best to help. He was such a great artist, I know because I saw one of his paintings in Mirage when I visited a few years back. 

 

"Eun Ji ssi, why are you still here?" Teacher Li asked, swinging the keys around his fingers as he approached me from the entrance.

 

"Ah, Teacher Li," I said. "This is this month's fee."

 

"Aishhh, don't call me teacher. Am I that old?" He laughed as he took the money from my hands and chucked it into his wallet without counting.

 

"Aren't you going to count if I gave you the correct amount?" I joked. Sometimes he is so nice I'm afraid he would get cheated easily.

 

"Nope. I trust you completely. I am very proud of you Eun Ji, not everyone can have their work displayed in Mirage, especially at 19 years old though I am not surprised at all. I think you would go a long way. Treasure the talent you have. Even though I don't know what problems you have at home but don't ever let that stop you. Only when you believe in yourself and step out of the doors then can you see and experience the world. Never give up and chase-"

 

"Kim Eun Ji! There you are!" Three approaching figures shouted out from the shadows. 

 

"Seems like your classmates are here to find you. Go join them," Teacher Li waved before driving off in his car. 

 

"Eun ji! Lets go out together now," Ha Na, one of my classmates grinned widely at me. 

 

I was a bit hesitant about it because we just went for karaoke last week and look how it ended up. 

 

"Come on, stop worrying. Take this as a celebration for yourself. A new club just opened and I have a VIP card. Come with us?" Sang Min pleaded with his puppy eyes. You just can't say no to that. His puppy eyes would make anyone do anything for him. Which is why I agreed. 

 

"Ah fine," I said, linking arms with them as we run off into the night. Cross my fingers and hope mother won't find out because all hell would break lose then. 

 

*****

 

The club was called Luna. This might sound lame but it was my third time ever going to a club for the whole 19 years of my existence. The inside was loud, with psychedelic lights all around. Sang Min flashed his VIP card and the hostess led us to our own luxurious booth. Ha Na immediately ran onto the dance floor, her tiny body into the crowd, leaving Sang Min and and Su Hwa with me.

 

“Vodka shots, everyone?” Sang Min asked.

 

“Nah, just get me a soda,” I said wrinkling my nose. I’m really scared that mother could smell alcohol on me the next morning and I did not want a hangover tomorrow.

 

Sang Min flashed okay and went off to order our drinks. It’s just me and Su Hwa now.

 

“Don’t look, but a really hot guy is walking towards us,” Su Hwa whispered into my ears.

 

Of course, curiosity killed the cat and I turned and looked. The cat just used up all of its nine lives. Park Doo Joon, the next in line for Park City Development. He knew me, not who I am now but who I am in reality. I touched my wig, making sure that it wasn’t falling off because I was pretty flustered. Su Hwa was smiling the closer her got while my face just turned into a frozen state. This could be the end of me.

 

“Yoon Yu Ri ssi? Is that you?” he asked when he approached my table. . How would he know even with my wig and make up on?

 

I couldn’t talk and was just staring at him but luckily Su Hwa saved me, “Yoon Yu Ri? Who’s that? This is my friend Kim Eun Ji. I’m Choi Su Hwa, nice to meet you.” She stuck out her hand, giving Doo Joon a seductive smile. As for me, my palms were sweating like mad and I flashed him the most normal smile I could muster then.

 

He shook her hand and apologized with embarrassment. “Sorry, it’s just that I know someone with a mole under her eye in the same spot. I’ll pay for your drinks tonight, sorry for disturbing you guys.” He waved at us before going back to his table. I let out the breath that I had been holding all this time. That was a close call. Stupid mole, I’ll make sure to cover it up better next time. Who knew a dot like that could be lethal.

 

“What a hot dude, and such a gentleman. Why did he leave so early?” Su Hwa whined. I swear, her hormones start kicking in whenever a hot guy is in the vicinity. Its like she has a built in radar. Sang Min came back with the shots and my soda, which we drank and chatted for a while. I really needed to pee so I excused myself. I got up from our table and walked off but unfortunately, I banged into someone from the next booth.

 

My heart started pounding like mad but not in a good way.

 

Dyed blonde hair, tattoos, flashy rings and bracelets and of course, alcohol.

 

“Sorry,” he said as he glanced up at me. I saw his face. He looked melancholic and tired but there was no hint of recognition in his eyes. Well, I never did expect him to anyway.

 

“Oi!” I shouted at him. “Do you want your ring back?” I didn’t know what made me do it but I did it.

 

A flash of annoyance overcame his features, which I might add were quite prominent, and he shouted back, “What are you talking about? Are you another one of those crazy fans? I told them not to let just anyone in here?”

 

Fans? Crazy fans? I was deeply insulted. No way would I be his fan even if it meant burning in hell.

 

I must have looked pretty confused and angry to which he added, “Ohhh, you are one of them. Do you need more money?”

 

He did not just say that.

 

“No, I-”

 

“No? Then. Go. Away.” He turned his back leaving me mouth agape because he was a really rude bastard. I went into the ladies’ room, because despite all that anger, I was feeling urgent. I locked myself in a cubicle when a piece of conversation caught my interest.

 

“Did you see him? He’s such a mess. It’s been what? Two months after LA?”

 

“Actually three. No wonder the whole group was under the radar these few months. Well I won’t be surprised if we see him here often. He’s downing alcohol like it’s water.”

 

Though I have no idea who they were talking about, I have a hunch its him. After all, who else here downs alcohol like water?

 

When I went back to the booth, I was shocked to see all three of my friends back and waiting for me. Usually, it’s very hard to pull Ha Na away from all her dancing.

 

“Did you just talk to GD. Do you know him. Why didn’t you introduce us?” the three asked, in a dead serious tone. I could not believe it. What was wrong with everyone tonight? Who is this GD again? Wait; was it the rude bastard’s name?

 

“His name is GD? What kind of name is that? He is such a drunkard.”

 

“You don’t know who he is?” They all looked at me incredulously. My social circle only extends to them and people like Park Doo Joon. It just is.

 

“He is nothing but the best of the best. But you know what people are saying? He’s a downright mess ever since the whole group came back from LA. They’ve been quiet for three months already, no news, no appearances, its like they disappeared from earth which was very unlike them. Something must have had happened in LA to make GD a mess like this but no one knows what. Everyone is keeping quiet and not even telling anything to the press. Me and Su Hwa guess that it must be a girl. It is always about a girl,” Ha Na was very excited about this but frankly speaking, a large part of me was clueless about what she was saying.

 

My lack of reaction must have annoyed them because Ha Na and Su Hwa left, saying something about looking for the god, and Sang Min was too busy flirting with the bartender. I was left brooding in the booth, wondering what was so intriguing about GD for him to creep into my mind.

 

What a rude bastard. Fancy running into him again. Stupid name, stupid hair. personality. I don’t ever want to run into him again.

 

A/N:

I think this chap is pretty short? Wanna get this up ASAP. Please comment and subscribe and vote! :)))  Thank you :D 

 

 

*****

Fortune

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/646036

Oh Yool is accused of murder and the only who can help her is Kwon Jiyong, the man who betrayed her at the very last moment.

 

*****