HELLO, DRUNKEN STRANGER

WRECK

CHAPTER 1 | HELLO, DRUNKEN STRANGER

 

*****

 

It has been 4 years since I started wrecking someone’s life, 2 years since I broke someone’s soul and 1 year since I disappeared from the mind of Ji.

 

*****

 

I met him on a Saturday in mid-July. The night was humid and perspiration beaded my forehead, making it shine under the fluorescent lights. My shirt was stuck to my body and was practically soaked. The make up was dripping from my face and I probably looked like a hooker right then. It was 3 am and of course, time to go home. Home, what is even that place. My wig was itching and I pulled it off letting loose my straight black hair. No need to say, it was wet too. The excitement had lasted for quite a while but it all died down now. I went into a convenience store and bought myself some black coffee. The bell rang above my head but the cashier did not even wake up. I grabbed the coffee and left the money on the counter. My throat was parched from all that singing just now and downed the hot liquid, not caring if it was going to scald me. Home was pretty far away but I am in no hurry to get back. Though it was late into the night, there were still some people on the streets, especially at the roadside stall. I have never eaten there in my whole life but was hoping that I could one day.

 

As I was passing it by, I saw quite a bit of a commotion. The lady boss was pushing someone out and there was incessant shouting of crude words. She looked pretty frustrated and almost out of breath from all that arguing.

 

“Aishhh, could you just leave sir? Stop making trouble here; I have a business to run. Please, just go away!” the lady boss was desperate and kept pushing the man who would not even budge.

 

“You! You watch out! I’ll come back for you! Stop pushing me, woman. I can walk by myself!”

 

“Leave, you bastard! Don’t ever let me see you again! Young people nowadays, no respect for the elders!” the older man in a suit huffed with a busted lip.

 

A drunken guy walked out from the stall, stumbling and obviously very drunk. He was wearing a singlet with some really outrageous leopard print pants and tattoos were peeking out everywhere from his body. His white blond hair, very much dyed, was messed and sticking in every possible direction. I stood watching when he suddenly laid himself flat in the middle of the road. , I thought as the headlights of an approaching car appeared. That idiot was going to be flattened soon and he was still mumbling about whatever crap he was going on about. I quickly ran over and grabbed his arms, pulling him as hard as I could. That man was so damn heavy I had to use all of my strength. I let go of his arms and dropped him on the pavement, just as the car flew past, missing us only by a hair’s length.

 

“Oi! Pass me my bottle!” he sat up sluggishly, looking at me with eyes outlined in heavy liner while pointing an accusing finger at me.

 

He must be crazy. The bottle dropped from his hands and rolled into the drain while I was saving him and I even left my coffee sitting alone by the roadside, and now he wants more alcohol? What kind of person was this?

“Are you not getting me my drink?” he asked while trying to stand up. I shook my head. He was being ridiculous. I helped him up but he was unable to walk.

 

“Where do you live?” I was contemplating about what to do with this rude man, wondering if there was anyone I could call.

 

“Me? Where do I live? I think it starts with a D or was it an-” Before he could finish, he hiccupped and right after that, spilled his whole dinner all over me.

 

Believe me, I was really pissed off with him right now. I was hot, sweaty, and now smelly, no thanks to him. That guy still had the guts to start smiling and laugh, already too lost in his own world.

 

I tried to clean off his puke with a fallen leaf and it was plain disgusting. I could not find any identity card or anything at all on him except for the endless rings and flashy bracelets that he wore. Not knowing what to do at all, because I can’t possibly leave him here alone, I grabbed one of his arms and slung it over my shoulders.

 

“We are going to my house now. You better be thankful.” That guy continued smiling like the fool he was and walked along beside me, if you could even call that walking. I had to slap him in the head so many times to prevent him from falling asleep.

 

*****

 

The whole house was dark and quiet, thank god. I pulled the deadweight through the front door and hissed at him to be silent. He was making too much noise. He had started to sing and this irritated me even further. I was careful in dragging him along, not wanting to break anything or wake anyone up. If anyone did wake up, it would be the end of me. I was really tired and just wanted to wash myself and curl up in bed but I still had this idiot attached to me.

 

I did not know why he wasn’t coming and turned back to see him touching the vase on the table. In the blink of an eye, he let go of the vase and the crashing sound of glass could be heard throughout the house. Oh. My. God.

 

“Yu Ri ah, is everything ok?” I can hear my mother’s voice from the top of the stairs. .

 

I ran over to him and quickly slapped my hand across his mouth.

 

“Yes, mother! I just accidentally hit the table and broke the vase! Go back to sleep” I shouted, panic mode full on. She absolutely cannot see me in this state, much less know that I’ve been out. Oh, and the drunken man whom I brought home on impulse. Speaking of which, he was thrashing wildly in my arms and his saliva has gotten all over my palm. Really. I held my breath and once I’m sure mother was back in bed, I crept up the stairs with that pig on my shoulders. I probably took half an hour to just climb two flights of stairs.

 

I was beat by the time I reached my room and I just threw him on the bed and laid next to him. Tired, stinky and annoyed, I don’t even feel like moving to clean myself. I was about to bring myself to the bathroom because no way can my parents see me in this state when he started talking.

 

“Nothing ever lasts forever… You changed… No reason, no sincerity… No reason, no sincerity…” he kept mumbling those words before he fell into a deep slumber. He snored quite loudly.

 

Making sure he was completely dead to the world, I took off my clothes and went to shower. The water rained down on me, washing away all of tonight. Who is he with the dyed hair and tattoos that made me bring him back without much consideration?

 

I went to bed next to the stranger and frankly speaking, his clothes are exuding the smell of alcohol mixed with sweat and some really horrible cologne. I took it off for him. I did not want to die from the stench in my sleep.

 

For the first time ever, I think I slept without feeling empty.

 

*****

 

“Yu Ri ah! Wake up! You will be late for school!”

 

Morning couldn’t come fast enough. That could be the only good night sleep I had in ages. The sun comes up and it is time to face reality and go back to who I was supposed to be.

 

. The guy. What happened. I jumped up wide-awake; aware that I would be dead if mother saw him.

 

“Yu Ri, why do you have this weird ring on the table? Throw it away and your note, put it in a file or it will crumple.” Mother handed me a silver ring and a piece of paper. “Get ready quickly and come down for breakfast, the driver is waiting.”

 

Note? Ring? Where the hell did they come from? I opened up the piece of folded paper.

 

Keep your mouth shut and tell no one. Take the ring and don’t look for me ever again.

 

What was he talking about? I, for one, had no ing clue who he was and who could I tell? The lady boss of that roadside stall? I swear he must be nuts. Then, it dawned on me. He thought we did it. Oh. Ohhh. That bastard, I am not that kind of person. Do I look like a e? Okay, to be fair, with that entire running make up and his crazy drunken state, I probably did look like a e yesterday night. I would absolutely not take the ring that he gave; that object was vile. I took a good look at it before throwing it together with my secret stash at the back of the closet.

 

Hopefully, I’ll never see it ever again. Or him.

 

 

A/N

I'm new here so please show your support by commenting and subscribing to make this fanfic writing experience even better! ^-^ 

Frankly speaking, I'm still trying to understand how this site works... Hehe. :D

 

*****

Fortune

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/646036

Oh Yool is accused of murder and the only who can help her is Kwon Jiyong, the man who betrayed her at the very last moment.

 

*****