BIPOLAR SON OF A B****

WRECK

CHAPTER 9 | BIPOLAR SON OF A B****

 

*****

 

After yesterday night, I assumed that me and GD have progressed a little on our relationship. I believe that we are on a ‘friend’ level. I am a person who gets easily excited by the prospect of a new friendship, seeing that my social circle is so small and anyone who comes near me would be scared away by my mother. Work had been great the past month and Roxy helped me out a lot. Doo Joon drops by regularly which was a plus. He’s sweet and I’ve gotten pretty comfortable around him. As for Sang Min, Hana and Su Hwa, we went out a few nights before, after Teacher Li’s art lesson. But, what I really crave now is GD’s company, because I think he’s the only person who understands how I feel inside. Well, most of what I feel, he’s got his own stuff going on too and I sort of understand.

 

I hopped onto the lift that came and to my great delight, GD was there too. I tried to contain a smile, not wanting to seem like a desperate kid in need of some company, which I really do.

 

“Hi!” I greeted warmly to the sunglass-clad person. Its not even sunny, what’s his deal.

 

When he did not reply, my smile faltered but I regained my composure.

 

“So… Where are you going?” I asked, genuinely curious about what he actually does in the day. This guy goes drinking every night, the money for all that alcohol probably came from somewhere.

 

When the lift door opened, he walked out without answering my question or saying goodbye. Is he back to his prickly self? If he doesn’t want to be my friend, so be it, not like I haven’t experienced it before but at least greet someone back when they greet you.

 

“Oi, are you going to pretend that last night didn’t happen?” I shouted across the parking lot. That stopped him in his tracks. He turned and took off his sunglasses. And I proceeded on to laugh. Oh my god, I think he totally cried when he got home last night, his eyes were bloodshot and puffy.

 

“Kim Eun Ji, last night was a one time thing. Don’t expect it to happen a second time. And for the record, we aren’t friends, nor acquaintances. Even better, forget that we ever met.” He put back on his sunglasses and unlocked his car, a sweet white Lamborghini. Is he just leaving like that? After all that I told him about myself, things that I didn’t tell anyone at all, he is just leaving. I thought he would at least understand, if not give me some encouragement.

 

“Oi, what’s going on with you? Why are you being an again? Are you bipolar or what? Are you just going to leave? You want me to forget that we ever met? Fine! You will never get your ring back! I’ll throw it to the bottom of the ocean. It looks like you cherish it a lot, I’m really going to throw it away! Yah!” I screamed but he didn’t hear it at all, the sound of his damned Lamborghini muffled me. I thought today started well but no, the one person who lifted my spirits had to be the one to bring it down.

 

At that moment, a text message came in.

 

Father:

Yu Ri ah, I put a thousand dollars in your account. I hope that that is enough for you this month. Kiddo, I miss you a lot, won’t you come home?

 

Kiddo… Its been a long time since father called me that. A rush of emotions swirled through me, and I forgotten about what happened with GD. Father, I do miss him a lot too. Though I just saw him yesterday, I am shocked by his lines of wrinkles and crinkled brows. I wish I could be the daughter he wanted me to be, but that is impossible. I will visit him soon, but not today. Today isn’t a good day.

 

I hailed the cab and got on for another day at work.

 

During break, Roxy and I decided to sit down and talk. She asked about Doo Joon, since he always come to the restaurant looking for me.

 

“Doo Joon? He’s a really nice person. He mistaken me for someone else in a club, that’s how we got to know each other. We’ve been out a number of times, he’s amazing,” I said to Roxy.

 

“Ooh ooh, what does he do? He seemed loaded.”

 

“Well, he kind of is. He’s the next in line for Park City Development.”

 

“You mean the one that owns practically every glitzy building ever existed?”

 

“Yeah. That one. How about You? What are you into?”

 

“There are no other men in my life other than them.”

 

Roxy took out her phone and showed me a video.

 

I was immediately captivated by the five men inside. They rap, they sing, they make music. It’s that kind of music that you in and makes you wanna dance. Not only that, they are colorful. They clothes, the hair, everything about them is different. They are not your usual people; they know what they are doing.

 

“Who are these people?”

 

“Only the greatest group ever alive, Big Bang! Oh god, T.O.P is my favorite inside. How could you not know them at all?”

 

“That guy there, he looks familiar…” I pointed to the guy in the middle, jumping around. The one with the blonde hair and tacky accessories. He looked like GD to me.

 

“That? That’s Big Bang’s leader, G Dragon. He’s one piece of hot for sure. Though there wasn’t much activity from Big Bang at all after they returned from LA. And all the news have on them is GD’s wild nights.”

 

“I know him. GD. I talked to him this morning. Well, not exactly talk but… He’s a prick. That’s all I’m saying.”

 

So he performs for a living. No wonder he spends his cash lavishly. And no wonder there are crazy reporters and fans around. Oh gosh, am I dense or what? He’s a ing celebrity.

 

“Eun Ji! You know him?! What kind of person are you? You have the next in line of Park City Development chasing after you, and now you tell me you know GD? That is awesome, sister!” She sounded extremely shocked but o really don’t see why she should be.

 

I don’t exactly pride myself on knowing GD because he just dissed our “blooming friendship” like he’s scared that I’ll blab to the whole world about his past. I have a past myself too; he needs to learn how to trust people.

 

“He’s not that nice to be around. By the way, we should get back to work now.” I stood up and left the still-awed Roxy. It’s really nothing interesting.

 

 

******

 

 

Tonight, I had a date set with Doo Joon. He came by around during work and asked me out. I simply can’t refuse him. He’s been the only sweet person who treated me well the whole time after I ran away.

 

“Hong Chul, which dress? The red one… Or this sparkly black one?” I held on to my two favorite dresses, one Chanel and the other YSL.

 

“Seriously Eun Ji, after you took back your two luggage, you seemed like you raided a whole fashion store. From an artist impression, I’d say the black one but as a man, I think the red one is amazing,” Teacher Li said, tapping a pencil on his chin. I swear, he’s the best.

 

“You just think the red one is better because it shows more skin. Thanks for your lovely, erted advice, teacher!”

 

I went off back into my room and changed into the red Chanel piece. I left my hair down and put on some red lipstick. Perfect.

 

I walked out, a bit excited for my date. This is one budding relationship that I’m sure won’t be ruined because of Yoon Yu Ri. All my past boyfriends, exactly three, had been scared off by mother. The first one was when I was 16, we started dating but mother didn’t like him, because his family wasn’t as well off as us. She bought over their small company and basically left his whole family in the streets. Nonetheless, he quit school and we never met again. He must have hated me so much. The second one was in New York. He was a college student, a nice Caucasian boy I met in a café. Our relationship never did work out due to the number of people I had tailing me all day. The last one, he was just using me for my money. I ended it with him as quickly as it started and never dated another man since then. At nineteen, my dating experience had been pretty pathetic.

 

“You look smoking hot, Eun Ji!” Teacher Li said. The exact effect I wanted myself to have on men. Now that I left my past behind, I can be the kind of woman I want, and date whoever I like.

 

“Thank you. I’m leaving, who knows, I might not be back tonight!”

 

“Have fun, but too much fun! Bye!”

 

I left the house and found Doo Joon already waiting for me at the parking lot.

 

“You look pretty tonight,” he said, and smiled like he really meant it.

 

“You look pretty dashing too,” I said, accepting the bouquet of flowers he gave me. Truthfully, I’m not one for romantic gestures because I found them too cheesy and I felt awkward.

 

“Where are we going tonight?”

 

“You’ll see.”

 

Surprises, I do like them though.

 

We arrived at Loopz, a bar and restaurant, and the atmosphere was quiet yet lively at the same time. There were lights strewn across the walls, and the whole place was built on wood. Doo Joon already reserved a table and it was at a quiet table in the corner. There were candles lit and petals on the table, and oh gosh, a violinist. I am indeed surprised but it was a job well done.

 

“Doo Joon ah, you don’t have to go to this extend, a simple nice meal would suffice. But this is really nice, thank you,” I smiled at him, because I really appreciated his effort. This had been the best thing any guy had done for me.

 

“I ordered steak for us, please don’t suddenly tell me you’re vegetarian,” he joked.

 

“No, I’m not. I eat everything, try me,” I shot back.

 

I certainly enjoyed myself when I’m with Doo Joon, he knew all the right things to say and brought me to places with amazing food. Though he never told me he was Park City Development’s heir, I understood and did not press him. I’m sure any girl would fall for his wits and charms, and not his money.

 

When the steak arrived, he cut it up for me, like a perfect gentleman. He even ordered the best wine in the house for us, not sparing any little detail. Desert was wonderful, a sweet mousse, unlike anything I’ve tasted before.

 

“The food is incredible, how did you know of this place?” I asked, patting my mouth with the napkin.

 

“The chef here worked for a family I know of, and I tried the food before. I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

 

By a family I know of, I could already guess its his family. Nonetheless, I’m full and satisfied. We left the restaurant and Doo Joon said he was going to bring me somewhere else.

 

We came to the Han River, which was absolutely amazing at night. The last time I came, I can’t even remember when it was. The air was fresh, and the boats cruising down the river looked almost magical. The wind was blowing so hard I thought my wig was going to fly off.

 

“Eun Ji, shall we take a look there?” Doo Joon pointed to a crowd of people near the water’s edge who were busy snapping away. Is someone performing? Perhaps a water show? I ran towards them like a little girl excited, but I can’t seem to push past the people.

 

“Aigoo, is the G Dragon?  What is he doing there?”

 

“Should we go take a look, and ask for an autograph?”

 

“Better not, he looks drunk again.”

 

“Mom! It’s G Dragon! Can we go see?” I heard a little girl ask.

 

“No! I told you to stop liking such bands. He’s probably going to drop into the water. Let’s quickly go before something bad happens!” the mother replied, dragging the little girl away which gave me just enough space to see what was going on.

 

Call it bad luck of what, ing GD had to appear on my date, drunk as .

 

“Eun Ji, isn’t it that guy who bought your artwork?” Doo Joon asked. “He’s drunk, it’s dangerous to leave him there.”

 

God, am I supposed to go save him now? That son of a is making a fool of himself and all these people are taking pictures. As a matter of fact, he is a celebrity; doesn’t he care about his image at all?

 

“Doo Joon ah, wait here for a while,” I was utterly annoyed and apologetic that I have to save this idiot’s again.

 

I pushed through the people and ran towards GD, who’s just sitting by the river edge bawling his eyes out. . What was wrong with him.

 

“Oi!” I slapped him on his head. “You need to go home now! People are looking!”

 

I pulled him by the arm but he wouldn’t even budge. He looked up, his face contorted with sadness and his eyes glistened with tears.

 

“Ava? Is that you? Did you come back for me, Ava? Don’t ever go again, Ava, don’t leave me here alone…” He spoke in English, though his accent was there. Who the heck is Ava? Why is he calling Ava?

 

He grabbed onto both of my wrists, not letting go till the point of hurting.

 

“GD, you’re hurting me, can you please let go?” I spoke, embarrassed that people are watching us. I’m not even Ava for hell’s sake.

 

“No,” he held on tighter. “I’m not letting go unless you promise me you’ll never leave me. Come back with me, Ava. Please, I’m begging you, don’t go, don’t go…”

 

He kept on crying, his grip still tight. I really have no idea what to do with him, he seemed so broken right now and I can’t bear to leave him here alone.

 

“We’ll go home now. Can you let go of me now, its hurting.”

 

“Really? You won’t leave me again? Do you promise Ava?”

 

“Yes, yes, I do, now come on, stand up.”

 

His grip finally loosened but he still held on to me tight. I silently thanked god that we were speaking in English and the people who were watching us couldn’t understand.

 

“Sorry but could you not take photographs please? Its not very kind,” I said to someone who just pointed her phone in our faces. I pushed past the crowd and walked towards Doo Joon.

 

“Doo Joon, I think it’s best you send us home now. He’s really drunk. I’m so sorry about how the date ended.”

 

“Yeah, alright. As long as he’s fine.”

 

I could tell that Doo Joon was concerned and I felt so apologetic.

 

GD wouldn’t even hold on to Doo Joon when we walked back to the car, and he just wouldn’t let go of me.

 

“Ava, I miss you so much. You and me can go back to LA, I’ll leave everything behind for you, as long as you don’t ever go again. The moment we get to LA, let’s get married. I love you so much, don’t let me cry ever again,” GD kept saying to me and I realized whoever Ava was, she gave him a lot of pain. Ava happened in LA. Who was this Ava?

 

“Eun Ji, do you know him? Why is he calling you Ava? Are you in a relationship with him?” Doo Joon asked, getting a little worried, and annoyed.

 

“No, no! He’s drunk and spouting nonsense, I don’t even know who Ava is! He lives on top of me, in the penthouse, just get us back quickly.”

 

I sat in the back of the car with GD, because he cries again every time I don’t answer him. Though I won’t admit this to myself, there’s this part of me who secretly wants to take care of this boy.

 

The whole drive was quiet, Doo Joon lost in his own thoughts and me not knowing how he felt, and me and GD at the back with him talking nonsense and me comforting him.

 

“Thank you, Doo Joon, I’m sorry about this again,” I said when we reached Suites 81.

 

“Yeah, see you.” His reply was short and sort of non-committal, and I knew he was really pissed.

 

I quickly dragged GD out and got him to the top floor. The door was locked, damn.

 

“What’s your password?”

 

“It’s the date we met, don’t you remember? 11 May at Big Bang’s concert in LA.”

 

For a drunk person, he sounded so sober.

 

I keyed the passcode in, and the door clicked unlock. The house was a mess as usual and I carefully navigated us to his bedroom. I switched on the lights and true to his words, I see Monster hanging above his bed, still wrapped in plastic. It looked right placed there.

 

I left GD on his bed and untangled myself from him.

 

Just when I turned, his hand shot out and grabbed mine.

 

“You promised not to go, Ava.”

 

I sighed.

 

I went back and lay down beside him, just like the first time I saved him on the streets. He reeked of alcohol but I didn’t care. It felt nice and comfortable, like I belonged there next to him. His palm was warm and my hand fit right into his.

 

I listened to his breathing as it got steadier and steadier, and little did I know, my heart is getting weaker and weaker.

 

 

 

A/N: HA! Now you know whatever happened in LA had to do with Ava. Comment on what you think exactly happened and who is Ava. I love reading comments so please do comment! And subscribe if you like it. It makes my day. :D

 

*****

 

Fortune

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/646036

Oh Yool is accused of murder and the only who can help her is Kwon Jiyong, the man who betrayed her at the very last moment.

 

*****