Kimbap

The Ugly Duckling

* You have to make sure you impress Baekhyun with your cooking skills, Lee Jieun*

 

                        I woke up at 6.30 a.m just to cook for Baekhyun and myself of course. I walked down the staircase and looked through the shelves for a cooking book.

" What should I make for him today?" I said to myself.

* Since he likes to eat everything, I'll just cook him kimbap. No problem.* I thought.

                        I wore my hello kitty apron and gathered the ingredients. In the middle of rolling the ingredients in the seaweed, I heard the main door unlock.

" Um-umma? Appa? Is that you?" I said with a shaky voice. There was no answer so, I took a pan and slowly walked towards the main door. I tightened my grip on the pan and took a deep breath. I stood in the corner and waited for the thief to come in.

" AHHHHH!!!" I screamed as I saw a face covered in sweat. It was my mom!!!

" Oh Jieun-ah, you scared me. Why are you holding a pan?" my mom asked as she placed her hand on her chest, panting.

" Umma! I thought you were a thief! What are you doing here?" I asked.

" Have you forgotten that I always go out every Wednesday to jog in the park? What about you? Why are you up so early?" my mom asks me.

" Yesterday, I received a letter from Mrs. Byun. She asked me to cook for Baekhyun." I replied.

" That's so sweet of you, Jieun. He might fall in love with you once he realizes your a good cook."

* I hope he does.* I thought.

" Well, good luck on cooking. Make sure you impress him." my mom said, pointing a finger at me.

" Okay, I'll try." I said with a small smile on my face.

" Oh! And don't forget to clean up once your done!" she shouted.

" I won't!" I shouted back.

                        My mom left me to finish cooking. Half an hour later, I was done making kimbap. I put in half of the kimbap in the container for Baekhyun and the other half for me. I made extra for his friends and my my friends to eat. After that, I headed back to my room and got ready for school. I went back downstairs after I got ready and saw the mess I made when making kimbap.

* I forgot!* I thought as I face-palmed myself.

                         I cleaned up the tiny bits of ingredients on the table and I got a little wet while washing the cutting board. I finished cleaning before my parents came down so, I decided to make breakfast for them. I made pancakes for breakfast and poured syrup on the pancakes. My parents were surprised when they came down for breakfast.

" Did you do this, Jieun?" my mom asked.

" Of course I did. Who else do you think did all this?" I answered.

" Our Jieunnie did this for us! Gomawo." my father said, pinching my cheeks.

" Hehe. C,mon, let's eat." I said.

                         I finished eating my breakfast and headed to the bus stop. I didn't wait long and boarded the bus. I didn't see Suho anywhere at the bus stop or when I was walking to the bus stop.

* Where is he?*

Just as the bus started to move, I heard a man shouting," Stop! Stop the bus!"

The voice belonged to Suho as he came in the bus. He spotted me and rushed to the seat beside me.

" Oho. Late again, I see." I said to Suho.

" Yeah. I overslept." Suho said.

" Your lucky the bus was still here." I said. I felt a heavy weight on my right shoulder and turned just to find Suho sleeping soundly on my shoulder. The rate of my heartbeat grew faster as I looked at Suho's sleeping face. I was careful not to wake him up as I stayed still for the entire ride to school. I woke Suho up when we arrived at school.

" Just now, on the bus... was I sleeping on your shoulder?" Suho asked.

" Yeah." I answered.

" I'm sorry I didn't ask you if I could sleep on your shoulder." Suho apologised.

" No, its okay. You were tired after all." I said.

" Thanks for understanding." he said.

" No problem."

                    School started as usual. I almost fell asleep during history and Suho was asleep when he reached his desk. Suzy too was bored, so she handed me a note that said,

* Don't you just feel like sleeping?*

I replied,* Of course I do. Who wouldn't?*

* Yeah. What's wrong with Suho?* she wrote back.

* He couldn't sleep last night. He even slept on my shoulder on the way to school.*

* Omo! I hardly see him tired when he's in school. Poor guy... must be worried about something.*

* I can hardly believe that he's worried about something.*

Before I could pass the note to Suzy, the bell rang. I woke Suho up and we all went to the cafeteria together. I brought the kimbap I made in the morning. We arrived at the table where my other friends were sitting.

Xiumin spotted the kimbap and said," Jieun-ah! Is that kimbap?!?!"

I answered," Yeah... want some?" I pushed the container forward and Xiumin quickly opened the container.

" You made this?!?!" he asked me.

" Yeah. Share it among yourself. I made it especially for you guys today." I said.

" Really? Gomawo, Jieunnie!"

Chen spotted the other container and asked while pointing at the container," Who's kimbap is that?"

" Oh, Its for Baekhyun. His mom asked me to cook for him." I answered.

" Ohhh... the letter?" he asked again.

" Yeah... the letter."

" Why do you have to cook for that jackass anyway?" Suho asked.

" I told you. His mother asked me." I said.

" Sorry... didn't listen." Suho said before burrying his face in his arms.

" Okay guys. Wish me luck. I'm going for it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th chappie!!! I could have typed a longer chappie but my older sister says she wants to use the computer. But I still have time to do this...

Can't wait for her comeback! Hope this chappie doesn't bore. Ignore my mistakes and remember... SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!! Oh! And 'going for it' means going to give the kimbap to Baekhyun.