Valentines Day

The Ugly Duckling

~Baekhyun's P.O.V~

Weeks passed after Kai and Jieun's date. Jieun and I got closer, but our relationship is like close friends. It was soon the day I feared the most.

 

Valentines Day

 

For us kingkas, not one of us liked the day. Except for the kingkas who have girlfriends. Most of us will skip school to avoid our crazy fangirls, but most of our parents will force us to go to school. How I wish I wasn't a kingka when this day came...

Some of us kingkas are kind-hearted enough to accept the chocolates that our fangirls us while others will just throw the chocolates away in the nearest dustbin.If our fans REALLY care for us, they'll care for our health and teeth! Eating too much chocolate will make you fat(no offense, Jieun) and it will rot your teeth. You don't to see kingkas fat and chubby while walking around with rotten teeth, do you?!?!?!?! I don't plan on eating any chocolate that my fangirls give me. Well... except for Jieun's. I do hope she gives me home-made chocolates... now I have a reason to go to school.

" Baekhyun-ah, gwenchana?" my mom asks me as I sat down the dining table.

" Yeah. Why?" I asked.

" Because its rare to see you smile everyday. Especially on Valentines Day." my mom said to me.

" I guess I'm in the mood for chocolates today." I shrugged." I'm going now. Bye!" I said, happily. I left my house and got in the car.

" You look happy today, sir. If I'm not mistaken, today's Valentines Day, isn't it?" my driver, Mr. Park, asks me while driving me to school.

" Yes, it is." I answered, nodding.

" Are you expecting someone? A girl?" Mr. Park asks me.

" Yes." I answered with a smile.

" This girl. She must be special to you, hm?"

" Very. Don't tell my parents about it, okay?" I asked him with a finger on my lips.

" Your secret is safe with me, sir. I won't say a word about it." he answered.

I got to school just in time. Girls were waiting at the gate. I had a hard time coming out of the car and an even harder time going to class. I stopped by the garden and asked the gardener if I could have a rubbish bag. He understood why I needed it for and gave it to me. I put all the chocolate I received in the rubbish bag and walked to class with girls surrounding me. My homeroom teacher was already there when I went in with my hair and uniform messed up.

" Mr. Byun. I see you had some trouble getting to class." my teacher, Mr. Jung said to me, looking at the bag of chocolates.

" Yes I did." 

" Since its Valentines Day, I'll let you off the hook." Mr.Jung said.

" Kamsahamnida." I bowed and walked towards my desk full of chocolates. I put all the chocolates in the rubbish bag before sitting down. I looked around and saw bags of chocolate belonging to Luhan, Xiumin, Lay and Kai

* Patience, Baekhyun, patience! Just 4 and a half more hours till lunch!*

4 and a half hours passed by in a flash and it was lunch time. Before any girls could approach me, I ran out of the class and to the roof. The roof became our usual hangout during lunch.

* Looks like I'm the first.* It wasn't long until the rest came in, panting.

" This year's Valentines Day is the worst!!!!" Chanyeol shouted while panting.

" Why did I even agree to come to school?!?!?!?!" Tao complained.

" Because you promised me you wouldn't leave me to face the fangirls alone!!!" Chanyeol shouted at him.

" Can you guys stop complaining and just sit down?!?!?!" I shouted at the two idiots.

" Where are the others?" Tao asked me.

" They're probably buying food in the cafeteria. They should be here-"

" We made it!!!!!!!" Kai appeared, shouting." soon." I completed my sentence.

" What took you guys so long???" I asked.

" Sorry. We had a hard time getting here with him following. Here's your lunch." Jieun said, panting as she handed me a container. I asked her to continue making lunch for me. She was holding a plastic full of chocolates. I immediately brightened up after seeing it. After a few minutes, everyone was gathered on the roof.

" I made chocolates for everyone for Valentines Day!" Jieun exclaimed, handing each of us a box of chocolates. It was decorated with colourful ribbons.

" Gomawo, Jieunnie! I'm gonna eat it right now!" Sehun thanked Jieun and unwrapped the box. He immediately ate it.

" You must have worked really hard to make these. Thanks." Suho thanked Jieun. Everyone thanked Jieun for the chocolates.

" Its nothing."

" I also got chocolates for all of you! Unlike Jieun, I bought it." Suzy exclaimed.

" Thank goodness you bought it! I thought I was gonna get food poisining if you made it!" Xiumin joked before earning a punch on the arm by Suzy.

" Soohyun-ah! This is what I got for you!" Suzy handed a big chocolate heart with the words ' I love you ' written on it.

" Gomawo, Suzy." Soohyun said, giving Suzy a peck on her forehead." My girlfriend's the best!"

" So, I guess you guys are going on a date after school, right?" Luhan asked the couple.

" Yeah!" Suzy answered, enthusiatically." Jieun-ah, wanna come along? You can ask one of the guys right now!" everyone looked at me, waiting for my answer.

" I'd rather not... since its Valentines Day, you and Soohyun should go alone." Jieun answered. I was a bit dissapointed by her answer. I was hoping she would choose me...

" Okay then. If you change your mind, call me kay?" Suzy asked Jieun.

" Sure."

" Baekhyun-ah, I heard you were late because of your fangirls and Mr. Jung let you off since its Valentines Day." D.O said.

" It must have been sooooo embarassing!" Chanyeol said.

We were all fooling around until the bell rang. We went back to our own classes. I dragged my feet into class. After a few more hours of learning stuff I already know, school FINALLY ended. I packed my things and went out of class, dragging the rubbish bag. I was prepared for what was waiting for me at the gate. Girls. Girls from other schools would come to our school to give us chocolates. At the end of the day, the rubbish bag completely full of chocolates! I kept Jieun's chocolates safely in my bag.

" Do you need help with that, sir?" Mr.Park asks me.

" No thanks. I can handle it." I answered putting the rubbish bag in the trunk.

" There are more chocolates than last year. How are you going to finish all that?" Mr.Park asks me.

" Hm... I don't know... maybe I'll just give it to children." I shrugged.

" Good idea. I'll drop it of at the orphanage after this. So, did you recieve the chocolates you wanted from that special girl?"

" Yes, I did. Its home-made." I answered with a smile.

" That's nice.

Once I reached home, I took Jieun's chocolates and layed on the couch in the living room. I ate the chocolates happily while watching tv. As expected, it was the best chocolates I ever had. I spent the day doing various activities. I had my dinner and straight away went to my room. I decided to text Jieun 'cause I was bored.

Baek: Hey, Jieun. Thanks for the chocolates! They tasted awesome!

A few seconds later, I heard my phone's message tone. I grabbed my phone and read the message.

Jieun: Thanks! :) This year's Valentines must be worse than last year's, huh?

I was glad she wanted to continue the conversation.

Baek: Yeah. My rubbish bag was completely full! I had a hard time dragging it around. :(

Jieun: I feel sorry for you...

Baek: If you want, I could give you some chocolate tomorrow?

I asked Mr.Park not to send it to the orphanage, in case Jieun wanted some.

Jieun: NO!!! I'm on a diet.

Baek: Okay. Good luck on trying to loose weight! Hwaiting!^^

Jieun: Hehe. Thanks. I'm curious about something...

Baek: What are you curious about?

Jieun: Don't any of your fans care about your health?!?!?!?!

I chuckled at her question.

Baek: I know right! I don't plan on eating any of them except for yours and Suzy's!

Jieun: I just realized something...

Baek: What???

Jieun: Since I gave you chocolates... that means... I don't care about your health!

Baek: Its okay! I was looking forward to eating your chocolates since the start of the day!

Jieun: Jinjja?!?!?!?!?!?

Baek: Yeah... hehe. I should sleep soon. I don't want to have panda eyes like Tao!

Jieun: Hehe. Good night.

Baek: Good night.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20th chappie is out!!! I'm starting to write longer chappies now... hope I can keep it up. GIF! GIF! GIF!

   

Soooo cute!

Pls comment a lot! Thank you~