At The Hospital

The Ugly Duckling

Baekhyun was getting beaten up!

I continued to hid behind the wall and the bully punching him said," This is what you get for stealing my girlfriend!"

" Its not my fault your girlfriend came to me first." Baekhyun said, weakly.

" Hyuna will never do that to me!" the bully said, still punching him.

I couldn't stand seeing Baekhyun getting punched anymore. I gathered up my courage and said," Yah! Leave him alone!".

They turned around to face me and the bully before said," Baekhyun-ah! Is this one of your fangirls?!?!?!?! She sure is fat!. We'll leave you two alone now. If I ever see you flirt with Hyuna again... who knows what happen to that pretty llittle face of yours." they left us alone in the alley.

When they left, I ran to Baekhyun and said," Baekhyun-ah! Gwenchana?"

" Do I look okay?" he said looking up. His head was dripping of blood. There was blood on his nose, cheek and lips. I touched his injuries carefully. I couldn't help but flinch at the the sight of blood. I looked around the alley and saw a basesball bat lying on the ground with blood on it. He lost concious while I was still touching his injuries.

" Oh! Baekhyun-ah, wake up! Ottoekhae?" I said as I panicked. I had no choice but to help him up. I put my arm under his arm and helped him up. I walked him all the way to the hospital. People walking past us just stared at us and they didn't offer to help Baekhyun. It took me 30 minutes to get to the closest hospital.

                    As I walked in, a nurse saw me crrying Baekhyun and said," Oh my gosh! We have to admit him to the hospital right away! Doctor!" She ran to get the doctor and came back with a stretcher. Several doctors put him on the stretcher and took him in the surgery room. I sat on a chair in the waiting room. The nurse at the counter called Baekhyun's parents to come to the hospital. After 10 minutes of waiting, Baekhyun's parents came and sat down beside me, with tears in their eyes. After 2 more hours, the surgeon in charge of Baekhyun's surgery came out of the surgery room.

We stood up and Mrs. Byun asked," How is he?"

We waited anxiously for his answer. He said," He's okay. The injury on his head was quite severe but he's okay now. Lee Jieun, are you the one who took him here?"

" Yes." I answered.

" Did you see anything that caused Baekhyun's head injury?"

I remembered the bat I saw in the alley and said," I saw a baseball bat covered in blood in the alley."

" That is the cause of Baekhyun's injury. The baseball bat." the surgeon confirmed with us.

                   The doctor allowed to go in Baekhyun's room. He was still unconcious when we came in. Baekhyun's parents stayed with him while I go back home to change my clothes since my uniform was covered in dried blood. I walked home while carrying my bag in front of me to cover my uniform. I opened my house gate and walked inside. The first thing I do when I came into my house was check my phone. I had 11 missed calls and 5 messages from Joonmyeon.

~1st message~

Why aren't you picking up your phone?

~2nd message~

Are you ignoring me? If I did anything to make you upset, I'm sorry.

~3rd message~

 Please answer my calls :(

~ 4th message~

Did something happen?

~5th message~

That's it! I'm coming over!

I called Joonmyeon and he immediately answered his phone.

Suho: Yeoboseyo? Jieun-ah! Gwenchana?

Me    : J-Joonmyeon-ah...

Suho: What happened?

Me    : Baekhyun. He's...

Suho : I'm coming over. Wait for me.

                    He hung up the phone. It didn't take him long to arrive at my house since we live in the same neighbourhood. I opened the gate and the door for him to come in. He saw me in my uniform and immediately hugged me when he came in the house.

" Jieun-ah! What happened to you? Why are you covered in dry blood?" Joonmyeon asked with eyes full of worry.

" B-because... Baekhyun... was getting b-beaten up and after that I t-took him to the h-hospital." I stuttered.

" Its okay. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. You should bathe now. We'll visit Baekhyun after this, okay?" Joonmyeon assured me.

" You'll do that for me? I thought you hated him?" I asked.

" I'll do anything for you." Joonmyeon gave me another hug." Now go and take your bath. I'll call Exo-K for you."

" O-okay. Thanks." I said before walking upstairs.

~Joonmyeon's P.O.V~

I took out my phone from my pocket and dialled Kai's number.

" What do you want?" Kai asked after he answered the phone.

" Your best friend, Baekhyun got beaten up and Jieun took him to the hospital. Gather your other friends and come to Jieun's house now."

" Do you know who beat him up?" Kai asked.

" No, I don't." I answered.

" Okay then. See you there." Kai said before hanging up. I decided to call Exo-M to come to Jieun's house too.

" Yeoboseyo?" Lay said.

" Hey. Gather Exo-M and come to Jieun's house now. You know where it is, right?" I asked.

" Yeah. Why are you asking us to go to Jieun's house?" Lay asked.

" I'll tell you when you come." I said.

" Okay. Bye." Lay said before hanging up. 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang. It was Exo-K. I opened the gate and the door to let them in.

" Where's Jieun?" was the first thing D.O asked.

" She's getting ready to visit Baekhyun." I answered. A minute later, the doorbell rang again. It was no other than Exo-M. They came in and when they saw Exo-K sitting on the couch, they all frowned.

" What are they doing here?" Tao asked in a stern voice.

" I called them. Now sit down. I'll tell you the reason why I told you guys to come." I said. They sat down on a separate couch.

" Baekhyun got beaten up and Jieun took him to the hospital. So, all of us are going to visit Baekhyun whether you like it or not." I said.

" You're asking us to visit Baekhyun, the jackass with them??? Are you insane???" Luhan asked.

" I'm only doing this for the sake of Jieun." I answered.

" For the sake of Jieun." Kai said. In the end, everyone agreed to visit Baekhyun in the hospital.

~Jieun's P.O.V~

I bathed and changed into clean clothes. I walked out of my room and closed the door. I heard people talking and laughing in the living room.

* It must be Exo-K* I thought. That's when I heard a girl's voice coming from the living room.

* Suzy? What is she doing here?*

I went downstairs and saw Exo-K talking to Exo-M.

" Jieun-ah! Are you ready to go?" Joonmyeon asked me.

" Not yet. I have to put my uniform in the washing machine. What's going on here?" I asked.

" Hehe. Well, I invited Exo-M to come along with us. While waiting for you, I guess we kinda bonded a bit." Joonmyeon answered with a small smile while rubbing the back of his neck.

" So, that means you're friends?" I asked.

" Maybe. Oh! You can go." Joonmyeon said.

" Go where?" I asked.

" On your date with Kai." Joonmyeon answered.

" BWO?!?! How do you know about that???" I asked.

" Kai told me." Joonmyeon said, pointing at Kai.

" Okay guys. If you're done talking can we go now? We don't have all day." Suzy said.

" Let me put my uniform in the washing machine first." I said. After that we headed to the bus stop. The bus came and we went in the bus. 20 minutes later, we arrived at the hospital. Baekhyun's parents were very surprised that so many of us came. My parents were there too. Baekhyun was still unconcious when we got there. We stayed in the hospital for an hour. The nurse informed us that one of us can stay overnight. Everyone there agreed I should be the one to stay back so I had no choice but to stay with Baekhyun the WHOLE NIGHT. After a few more hours of doing nothing. I felt my eyelids become heavier and before I knew it, I was sleeping with my head on Baekhyun's bed.

~Baekhyun's P.O.V~

I woke up with a massive headache in a white room. I was wearing a hospital gown.

* I'm at a... hospital?* I thought. I suddenly remembered what happened yesterday. I touched my head and felt a bandage wrapped around my head. I suddenly heard someone call my name.

" Baekhyun-ah..." I saw Jieun sleeping with her head burried in her arms on my bed.

I looked at her and thought,* They were right. Jieun does look cute.*

------------------------------------------------------------------

15th chappie is out!!! Uaenas! Look out for running man's episode with IU and Park Myungsoo today at 6.10 p.m. on the website runmanclub.com. I found this on tumblr today and it is soooooo funny!

Don't forget to comment a lot!