Last Day

The Ugly Duckling

" We're cancelling the wedding."

" Wait, what?!?! Y-you're cancelling the wedding???" I asked in disbelief. What great timing! After our kiss in the cafeteria, I was thinking over and over again if Baekhyun liked me back. Now I can't confirm it!

" Yes." my mom answered.

Baekhyun blinked a few times before asking," Why so sudden?"

" Well, Mr.Lee and his wife found a new job that pays very well." Mrs.Byun paused for a bit." In Canada."

" B-but you guys are doing fine in the company." I said.

" I know, but it takes a while for our own company to get back on track." my father said.

" When do we go?" I asked.

" This Thursday.(now its a tuesday)". After that question, no one spoke until Mrs.Byun said," Now that we're all here, let's go and eat dinner!"

I stood up and said," I don't have an appetite." I walked to my room and jumped on my bed. A tear slid down my cheek. I've only been to Kirin Highschool for 3 months and now I'm moving to Canada! How am I going to tell the others?

~Baekhyun's P.O.V~

After Jieun left the living room, I said," I don't feel like eating too." I stood up and made my way to the door.

" Where are you going?" my mom asked me.

" Home. I'll take the bus." I said and left. I ran my fingers through my hair. I sat down on the bench at the bus stop.

* Why must she leave?*. Girls noticed me and giggled. I didn't bother looking at them. The bus arrived after a while. I got in and sat down at the end of the bus. I looked out of the window. Its only been 3 months! I wish I could have spent more time with her. I regretted the times I wanted her to go away. Tears started forming in my eyes. Before I knew it, tears were dropping one after another. I didn't bother wiping my tears away. I would be ashamed if I cried in front of anyone since I'm a guy, but this time I didn't care. The girl I love is moving to Canada and I don't even know if she's ever coming back. But I'll wait... for her.

~The next day~

~Jieun's P.O.V~

My parents asked me not to go to school since I have to pack my things. We're moving the furniture tomorrow since we still have some time to relax. Joomyeon called me during lunch break and asked why I was absent. Since Baekhyun went to school, I asked Joonmyeon to ask Baekhyun to explain everything.

I wiped the sweat on my forehead with a towel. I looked at the clock.* 3.30. School must be over by now.*

After packing my clothes, I went to the living room and layed on the couch. After a few minutes of resting, the doorbell rang.* Who dares disturb me while I'm relaxing.*

I looked outside and saw EXO standing in front of my gate. I opened the gate for them and the first thing Suzy did was attack me with a tight hug.

" Don't go to Canada!!!!! I don't want to be all alone with 13 idiotic guys!!!!!" she shouted at me.

" Yah! One of the idiotic guys is your boyfriend!" Soohyun shouted.

" I'm sorry." I apologized patting her back. Joonmyeon coughed loudly, making me look at him. He came closer to me and hugged me.

" Do you have to go?" he whispered.

" Yes, I do." I said.

" Yah! I want to hug her too!" Sehun whined followed by the others.

" Hehe. You guys will never stop acting like 5-year olds will you?" I asked them.

" Yup!" Tao answered. I shook my head and gestured them to sit but they shook their head.

" Since its you're last day here in Korea, we should hang out!" Minseok exclaimed.

" Okay!" I said, excitedly. We walked to the subway. People that passed by us had a very shocked exppresion because of our big group. We had to sit separately since there was so many of us. We stopped at Hongdae(don't know if its a long or short journey). We ate the street food, visited the Hello Kitty cafe, which made the EXO boys embarassed. We also went to Bau House Cafe for dogs. The dogs there were soooooo cute!

As I bent down to pet the dog, Jongin said," Jieun-ah! You're wearing the necklace I gave you!"

" Umm... yeah."

" I'm wearing mine too!" he showed me his necklace.

" Yah! You didn't tell us you bought couple necklaces!" Baekhyun exclaimed coming closer.

" I forgot~" Kai said playfully as I laughed a bit.

" Looks someone jealous~" Kris said as he slung his arm around Baekhyun's shoulder.

" N-no I'm not!" Baekhyun denied. He pushed Kris's arm away and bent down to pet the dog. I laughed at their silliness. We left the cafe after an hour. Before we knew it, it was already 8.00.

" Let's eat dinner. I'm hungry." Sehun said, putting a hand on his tummy while pouting.

" Then let's eat over there." Chanyeol FINALLY opened his mouth after hours. He was pointing at a restaurant called ' BAB '(its real).

" I heard of this restaurant! They have the best bulgogi in town." Kyungsoo said.

" Then what are we waiting for? Let's go in!" Minseok pushed us all in the restaurant. We had to join 4 tables! The waiters were kinda fustrated but the waitresses didn't mind at all. We ordered food until we couldn't eat anymore. I didn't eat that much compared to Minseok. He ate 3 bowls of white rice and a pile of bulgogi(yes he piled them up)!

After eating our dinner, we left and walked around the area. I saw a beggar with a guitar in the middle of the street. I felt sorry for the beggar so I walked to him. EXO followed me.

" Hi. May I borrow your guitar?" I asked. He nodded in approvement. I tuned the guitar first and then started singing my self-composed song,' Someday '.

Eonjengan i nunmuri meomchugil
Eonjengan i eodumi geodhigo
Ttaseuhan haetsari i nunmureul mallyeojugil

People were gathering after hearing my voice. They started putting money in the guitar case. I continued singing the song till it ended. The crowd was clapping and cheering. The EXO boys eyes were as big as ping-pong balls.

" I didn't know you could sing like that!" Joonmyeon exclaimed.

" I'm a tad bit rusty since I didn't sing in a long time." I said.

" What are you talking about?!?!?!You were perfect! Marry me, Jieun!" Jongin tried to hug me, but Chanyeol pulled him away.

" Thanks." I thanked him.

His cheeks became red and smiled. He said," No problem." 
 

I was guessing all of them didn't want me to go home since they didn't let me. They would say," 5 more minutes!" but it will end up as 20 minutes. I didn't blame them of course. I didn't want to leave either. In the end, we went home at 12.30 a.m. I called my parents not to wait for me.

Thursday came and I wish it didn't. My flight was at 5.00 p.m but I had to go to the airport by 3.00 p.m. I had my luggage and was ready to leave. I took one more look at my house before leaving.

" C'mon, Jieun! We have to go!" my father shouted from the taxi.

" Coming!" I closed the door and ran to the taxi.

We arrived at the airport after an hour. I waited for an hour till EXO came.

(skip the hour)

" So I guess this it." Baekhyun said. I nodded my head as tears escaped from my eyes.

" Don't cry, Jieun. We'll meet again someday. I promise." Baekhyun comforted me.

" I'm gonna miss you so much..." I said. He pulled me in for a hug. I felt something wet on my shoulder.       * I-is he crying? * He pulled back and kissed the top of my head. I saw his cheek was wet. I wiped his cheek with my sleeve.

" You shouldn't cry. You don't look handsome." I said. Someone tapped my shoulder. It was Joonmyeon.

" I'm gonna miss you, you know that right?" he asked me. I nodded my head. He too, pulled me in for a hug and pulled back after a few seconds. The next person back-hugged me.

" I don't want you to leave." Jongin whispered into my ear.

" You know I have to, right?" I asked. He broke the hug and turned me around to face him.

" Always wear your necklace, okay? Never take it off." he told me.

" I promise I won't take it off." I said making him smile. He pecked my cheek before I turned to the next person.

" I'm gonna miss you sooooo much!" Suzy said, hugging me tightly.

" I'm gonna miss you too." I said.

" Best friends forever?" she asked with tears in her eyes.

" Yup. Best friends forever." I replied. After a few more goodbyes, I turned to the last person and it was Chanyeol. He was looking down, not meeting my eyes. All of a sudden, he pulled me in for a hug.

" Come back to Korea soon." he whispered in my ear.

" I will." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

" Jieun-ah! Our flight is departuring in 15 minutes!" my mom shouted at me.

" That's my cue. Bye everyone! I'm gonna miss all of you." I waved at them and they waved back.

~Baekhyun's P.O.V~

As she went in, I thought that I wouldn't be able to see her again, but I was wrong...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23 is out!!! How do you like the chapter??? Comment below! Now for gifs!

   

   

Pls comment a lot! Thank you~