Donghae's wish

Walk Next To Me

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” he snarled.

Donghae cannot believe his bad luck. This rude guy, whom he had hoped never to see again, is now in front of him in anger again.

“I am sorry, I thought there was no one around so I wanted to switch the hi-fi set off.” Donghae explained while getting up. He straightened his shirt and felt his sore from the fall.

“Do you have nothing else to do but ruin my life?!” the red haired guy hissed at the apologetic Donghae. Without waiting for Donghae’s answer, he turned his back onto him and bent down to examine the hi-fi set. He pressed the ‘on’ button but there was no response so he kept pressing it again and again.

“Now look what you have done here! You cannot switch off the set while the cd is playing! You have to stop the cd first before switching it off! How stupid can you be?”

Donghae could not believe the words that were coming out from this skinny guy’s mouth. He was just obnoxiously rude and hearing all these words made Donghae angry. However he was just too nice to show it so he just stood there like a helpless puppy being verbally abused.

Donghae put his bag down onto the floor and sat cross legged next to the hi-fi set. He did not want to be too close to the skinny guy for fear he may start to hit him. He took a closer look at the hi-fi set and switched off the main plug. After 10 seconds, he switched the plug back on and tried to switch the stereo on but there was still no response.

“I am sure we can fix this. I will send it for repair.” Donghae said. The skinny guy’s eyes were still filled with so much anger.

“I need this to be ready in 2 days time. We are in the midst of practicing for a competition and this is the only hi-fi set in the school. Damn it!.” The skinny guy stood up and pressed his palms against the mirror in frustration.

“Ok, I promise, I will get this fix and ready by Wednesday. I am Donghae and I am new here. You are?”

The skinny guy turned his head to look Donghae and smirked, “You are actually a teacher here?”

The tone of his question sounded insulting to Donghae but being polite he answered, “Yes, this is my first day.”

Still smirking, “Oh my God, they hired a klutz to teach. Good luck kids!”

Donghae frowned. This is skinny guy is just too much. He had agreed to do everything he can to fix this situation but his negative comments were simply unnecessary. He felt his cheeks heat up and clenched his fist to control his emotions.

‘I will not stoop to his level.’ He reminded himself.

Donghae finally mustered up enough courage to bring himself closer to the skinny guy. He tapped on the guy’s shoulder to get his attention.

“Look, this morning was an accident and I am sorry. I will fix this stereo and it will be as good as new by Wednesday ok. Trust me.”

The skinny guy paused and studied Donghae’s face. Even his stare was threatening to Donghae who was trying to do his best to remain calm. Being defensive and antagonizing the skinny guy any further is not going to help improve the situation.

“Fine. But if its not ok by Wednesday, you better watch out.” His words of warning were accompanied by his index finger pointing to Donghae’s face.

“Now get out, I need to clean up before going off.” He pointed to the door.

Donghae let out a huge sigh, picked up his bag and walked quickly out of the studio. Once he was out, he looked back to see the skinny guy putting a stack of cds into his backpack.

“What a rude guy, I wish I never see him again after this!” he thought aloud before walking home quickly.