He is mine.

Walk Next To Me

Love is …………………………………………. wanting you only for myself.

 

“Siwon ah, any idea who Hyukjae went out with tonight?” Donghae asked out of the blue.

They were in Siwon’s car and were on their way to the movie theatre. Donghae has been sitting silently, but his head was occupied with thoughts about Hyukjae. ‘Why am I bothered?’ Donghae wondered. He hated to admit it, but Hyukjae has been on his mind since last night.

“Hmm, I am not sure. Hyukjae is a pretty private person, we may be close but he doesn’t really tell me much about his personal life.” Siwon answered. His eyes still unmoved from the road ahead, maintaining his concentration on his driving.

“Oh…” Donghae muttered.

“You ok? You seem to be lost in your own world. I thought you were happy we were going to watch your favourite Iron Man movie.”

“Its nothing, just a lot of things on my mind. I am happy we are going to watch this movie, I have been anticipating it.” Donghae turned his head and flashed a comforting smile to Siwon.

“Good, if you need a listening ear, you can always come to me. We are buddies right?”  Siwon assured.

“Thanks Siwon.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ok you go get the drinks and snacks while I go get the tickets.” Siwon instructed.

Donghae nodded.

They had just arrived at the movie theatre. The place was crowded with excited youngsters all chatting happily while buying their food and tickets. The noise was almost deafening. He wished that none of his students were here. As much as he loves his students, he is not very comfortable bumping into them in public.

Donghae joined the long queue. Buying popcorn before watching a movie is a mandatory routine for him. He even stored packets of popcorns in his apartment. Each time he watched a movie at home, the popcorn served as his companion. He just had to munch while watching any movies, it just helps him to focus better.

He was tapping his feet onto the ground while waiting for his turn when someone caught his eye. A lady with her hair tied in a messy bun. Noona Jihyo?

He watched from afar, she seemed to be waiting for someone. She was simply standing near the ticket counter while glancing at her watch. She kept glancing at her watch and she looks nervous.

Suddenly a tall, fair skinned guy walked towards her. They bowed and exchanged greetings. His back was facing Donghae and he could not make see the man’s face. He was carrying a familiar looking backpack. Where has Donghae seen that backpack before?

Jongjin’s.

Kim Jongwoon’s brother. That’s it. That was Jongjin. Wait. Why is Noona out with Jongjin?

Donghae continued watching them until they disappeared into one of the theatres. He wanted to run to them and ask what was going on but he was stuck in the long queue. He was confused. Why would Noona go out with the brother of the person she was madly in love with?

“What’s wrong? Now you look confused.” Siwon’s voicd brought Donghae out of his deep thoughts.

“Siwon ah…nothing, I think my eyes were playing tricks on me. Did you get the tickets?”

“Yes.” Siwon smiled. He had rested his arms on Donghae’s shoulders. Since Siwon was taller than Donghae, he looked like a big brother next to Donghae even though Siwon was actually a year younger than Donghae.

The two of them were looking around and watching the crowd when Siwon suddenly commented, “So many couples here, damn I wish you were a girl.”

“What?” Donghae was stunned by Siwon’s remarks.

Siwon chuckled. “Relax buddy, I am just lonely, and jealous of these people here. Seriously, where do they find girls? I need to find one soon, I am already 30 you know.”

Donghae could not help but laughed at his friend. “You will find one when the time is right.”

“I am getting old.” Siwon continued.

“Well, if you say so…” Donghae replied before patting his friend on his back.

A few minutes later they were walking towards the theatre in excitement. People were streaming into the theatre, chatting and laughing noisily, all obviously having a good time. While strolling in, someone caught Donghae’s eyes. A red head.

The red head.

Donghae tugged at Siwon’s sleeve. “Isn’t that Hyukjae?” Donghae whispered to Siwon, while pointing to the direction of the red head.

“Oh dear God, what is he doing with her again?” Siwon exclaimed in disgust.

“Who?”

“Ji Eun. The girl who made Hyukjae cry.” Siwon answered coldly.

Donghae felt his heart ache. This was the girl that made the obnoxious Hyukjae cry and turned him into someone depressing. ‘Why would you go back to the person who made you suffer?’ he thought.

“We have got to keep close to him!” Donghae suggested.

“Are you crazy? He voluntarily went out with her! There is nothing we can do!” Siwon explained.

“We can stay close. You never know what that crazy girl may be up to! Siwon, please?” Donghae pleaded.

“Aissh!! Fine!” Siwon agreed reluctantly.

They found 2 empty seats 2 rows behind Hyukjae and Ji Eun. Donghae could not concentrate on the movie at all. His eyes were watching Hyukjae’s every move. He had even cleanly forgotten about the packet of popcorn that he bought, which was now residing permanently in Siwon’s hands. Siwon, on the other hand was trying his best to focus on the movie.

What am I doing? Spying on my friend? He is in public what could go wrong? Wait. That’s the girl. She made Hyuk cry. He turned him into the cold person that he is now. She is evil. I am not being nosy. I am just being a concerned friend. I must protect him, because he has been taking care of me.

The movie ended.

“Yah! Did you even watch the movie or you were too busy spying on others?” Siwon questioned Donghae as soon as the movie was over. They were still in their seats and Donghae’s eyes were still fixed on Hyukjae and his date.

“Shhh!! I don’t want them to know we are here!”

Siwon sighed. He was beginning to feel that Donghae was driving him nuts.

“Yah! They are walking out, let’s go follow them!” Donghae urged Siwon.

“Are you kidding me?”

Not listening to Siwon, he grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the theatre in a hurry. He did not want to lose sight of Hyukjae.

“Shhh…they are talking. Here! Let’s stand behind this pillar so they won’t see us!” Donghae was whispering and sneaking behind the pillar, grabbing Siwon with him.

“Donghae are you drunk again?” Siwon raised his eyebrow to the distracted Donghae.

“Ssshhh…let’s watch them closely!”

Hyukjae and Ji Eun were simply talking, exchanging words while giggling. Ji Eun looks like any other girl, normal. She was in short white dress and her hair was down. She looked really happy but Donghae did not know why he felt that she was not the innocent girl that she portrayed herself to be. Something just did not felt quite right with her. It was an intuition.

While Donghae was watching the two of them closely, Siwon had escaped to the bathroom. He figured that Siwon needed that toilet break and that sanity break from Donghae’s odd behavior tonight. ‘I will just wait here for him.’ he thought.

He wished he could move closer so that he can hear their conversation but it was impossible to move closer without being detected. Donghae had to be satisfied with where he was standing.

Out of the sudden, Donghae saw Ji Eun moving closer to Hyukjae, opened her arms wide and wrapped it around Hyukjae’s waist. Hyukjae seemed surprised. He did not even hug her back; his arms remained at the side as he stood there awkwardly while the girl hugged him tightly.

Donghae gasped. “No!” he yelled.

He ran towards the two individuals in a flash, pulled Ji Eun’s arms away and separated her from Hyukjae. Both Hyukjae and Ji Eun were shocked by Donghae’s sudden appearance and actions.

“Back off, lady. He is mine.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Opss...things are about to get ugly but the truth will soon come to light! Stay tune! :D