Flash

Walk Next To Me

Love is ………………………. being slightly happier in your presence.

 

‘Is he reading it? Can he read my handwriting? Stupid fish, I knew he would come earlier but I did not expect him to come an hour early.’

Hyukjae was peeping at Donghae from outside the studio; he just left the envelope on the floor of the studio just 5 minutes ago. He was surprised that Donghae was this early so he was relieved that he prepared everything early.

‘Why does he keep staring at the paper? Aish! Turn around! I can’t see his expression at all!’

Hyukjae was too nervous; he did not realize that he had been biting his nails watching Donghae read the notes.

Slowly and quietly, Hyukjae crept in. Donghae seemed engrossed starring at the note and Hyukjae hoped he stayed that way. As he approached nearer and nearer, Hyukjae could feel his fast beating heart almost jumping out.

‘Should I jump on him and scare him? Will he be mad at me? But then, he looks so cute when he pouts angrily.’

When he finally reached where Donghae was standing, he slowly wrapped his arms around Donghae’s waist. Hyukjae brought his mouth close to Donghae’s ears and whispered.

“Hi Fishy, I see you read all my notes.”

Donghae was startled by the action and jumped a little. He turned himself around to face Hyukjae, the note still in his hands.

“Do you mean it?” Donghae asked. “Do you mean every word you wrote in this notes?”

Hyukjae smiled, “Every word.”

Donghae smiled sheepishly and looked down. His cheeks were flushed and pink and even his ears were turning hot.

‘Is he blushing? His cheeks are turning pink! Look at him so adorable.’ Hyukjae thought. He felt like hugging the cute fish.

As if reading his mind, Donghae stepped forward to Hyukjae, bridging the gap between them. He opened his arms and brought Hyukjae close to him into his embrace.

“Thank you.” he whispered into Hyukjae’s ears.

Not knowing what else to say, Hyukjae simply smiled and hugged Donghae tightly by his waist.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“What are we celebrating today?” Kyuhyun asked when they finally found their seats at Mouse Rabbit.

Hyukjae and Donghae looked and each other and smiled.

“Yah! Kid, don’t ask too many questions.” Heechul snapped.

“Aish, stop calling me kid, people!” Kyuhyun retorted.

All three of them laughed at the youngest one. It was actually nice to have someone younger than all of them, to pick on. It was the end of the day on a Monday and to celebrate Donghae and Hyukjaes confession with each other, they decided to stop by Mouse Rabbit for drinks before heading home.

“Its ok Kyuhyun, let’s order? My treat.”

“That’s great! Its my first time here. I want the most expensive drink and dessert here.” Heechul interrupted.

“Hyung, I was only going to treat Kyu.” Donghae explained.

“What about me?” Hyukjae pouted.

“Oh ok, I will treat you too.” Donghae answered quickly.

“No fair! I am the only one who has to pay for my own food tonight? If its not for me you two won’t be together!”

“Together?” Kyuhyun raised and eyebrow and scanned at Hyukjae and Donghae suspiciously.

Donghae cleared his throat. “Ok fine, I will give everyone a treat tonight.”

Heechul beamed and clapped his hands happily like a little boy.

Donghae collated their orders and left the table to place order at the counter. Kyu, as usual, was on his phone the minute they sat down.

“I take it that everything went well today?” Heechul suddenly asked.

Hyukjae nodded and smiled sheepishly.

“What went well?” Kyuhyun interrupted.

“Thanks hyung, your plan really did work, even though I am really not in favour of making Donghae cry like that.”

“Donghae cried? When?” Kyuhyun asked again.

“It was the the only thing in my genius mind. Anyway, now that its all clear, make sure Mr Park doesn’t know about this or all of us will be in trouble.” Heechul instructed.

Hyukjae nodded.

“What trouble?” Kyuhyun asked again, much to his frustration, he did not come here to be ignored.

“I understand.” Hyukjae sighed.

“Yah! Stop ignoring me!” Kyuhyun yelled.

“What’s wrong Kyu?” Donghae asked with a concerned look as soon as he was back at the table.

“Apparently I am invisible tonight.” Kyuhyun complained.

Donghae chuckled. Even though he had not known Kyuhyun for long, he proved to be a really enthusiastic learner. He was smart too, he was able to remember all the things and reminder that both Jihyo and Donghae mentioned. Donghae was amazed by Kyuhyun and wished that he had a good memory like Kyuhyun.

“Here, have your drinks.” Donghae said while patting Kyuhyun’s back.

“I am young not stupid you know.” Kyuhyun mumbled to himself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Good night hyung! You too Kyu!” Donghae waved goodbye to his two colleagues. They were at the traffic light where they had to go separate ways to go home.

“Aren’t you staying with Heechul hyung? Why are you going home with him?” Kyuhyun asked suspiciously pointing at Donghae.

“Aish! You asked too many questions you know that kid? Just go home!” Heechul snapped.

Hyukjae and Donghae laughed at Heechul’s antic. If one does not know Heechul, they would probably have the impression that he had a rude and loud personality. Even though Hyukjae could never agree to everything Heechul says, he must admit that Heechul has been a protective hyung for him all these while.

Kyuhyun frowned. “Fine! I see you in school tomorrow. Or not….since I am invisible.” He stormed off, leaving Donghae and Hyukjae still chuckling.

Heechul turned to Hyukjae with a serious expression. “Are you coming home tonight?”

Hyukjae bit in lip and looked down. ‘What am I suppose to say?’

“Errr…yes…I think…I don’t know.” Hyukjae shrugged his shoulders.

Heechul then turned to Donghae with the same serious expression. “You! You take care of him if he is not coming home tonight.

With that statement he turned his back and walked away, leaving the two guys in confusion.

“What was that all about?” Dongahe asked.

“I don’t know. He is unpredictable. I have been his room mate for years, I still don’t really get him at times.”

“He IS one of a kind.” Donghae said gently. “You coming to my place tonight? Or are you just going to walk me home?”

“Hmm… let me think.” Hyukjae held his chin and did a ‘thinking’ pose.

“Yah! Now you are thinking? I thought you are used to barging into my place!”

Hyukjae giggled.

“Hmm…why don’t you stay over at my place? I am staying there alone anyway.” Donghae asked.

Hyukjae smiled at Donghae and cupped his cheeks with the palms of his hands. “Are you suggesting that we live together?”

Donghae nodded. When Hyukjae placed his palms on his cheeks, he felt a tingling sensation in his heart. “Well, if you want to. Since you are boyfriend now.”

Hyukjae brought his hands down from Donghae’s face. “Who says I am your boyfriend now?” Hyukjae retorted.

“Oh! Would you prefer to be the girlfriend instead?”

“You are the girlfriend, you are a bigger sissy than me.”

“I am not a sissy!” Donghae yelled stomping his feet.

“Yes you are! I have seen you cry so many times even though its been less than a month.” Hyukjae reasoned.

“Fine! Don’t stay with me!” Donghae pouted and started to walk away.

Hyukjae was still chuckling at Donghae. ‘He is too cute when he is all angry.’

He was quick enough to grab his hands, interwined it with his own and started swinging their hands as they walked. Donghae did not seem to resist it at all even though he was angry just a moment ago.

“Actually….I don’t care if you are the girlfriend or the boyfriend, I just want us to be together.” Hyukjae voiced.

Donghae grinned. ‘Hyukjae sure knows how to calm me down.’

“Me too. Wait, you DO know that I love you too right?”

Hyukjae paused from walking and turned to Donghae, “Hmm….I don’t actually. Why don’t you tell me now?”

“You pabo! You knew and you just want me to say it again!”

“I didn’t really hear you clearly the last time since you were all wishy washy about it.”

“I am not telling you now!” Donghae yelled.

Once again, Hyukjae grabbed his hands and walked next to him, still swinging their hands together back and front happily.

“Love you too.” Hyukjae suddenly remarked. Donghae smiled. He was happy.

Flash.

“What was that?” Hyukjae remarked. Both of them were shocked with the sudden flash that blinded their eyes for a second.

“Look!” Donghae shouted while pointing to a shadow-like figure running away.

“Oh my God, did that person just took a photo of us?” Hyukjae growled.

“Oh no.” Donghae turned to face Hyukjae. “What if they sent it to the school?”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Opps, sorry. Can't resist another cliffhanger. Lol. Don't throw eggs / things at me! Lol. Next update will be the second last chapter as I am ending it all at Chapter 40. (Sobs!) Love love love the comments, it never fails to make me smile. Thank you so muchie.......muacks.